[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Massachusetts Gun Laws

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: skyline_boston.jpg (53KB, 500x289px) Image search: [Google]
skyline_boston.jpg
53KB, 500x289px
Hey lads, wanted to ask if anyone from the Commonwealth or who knows about these things can answer a question for me. I moved to Boston a year ago, and brought a couple handguns with me. Because I'm an idiot, I wasn't quick enough to get my firearms ownership license before the 60-day grace period was up. Now I want to get back on the right side of the law, but I also don't want to get charged with something for basically admitting I have illegal firearms by going and trying to get my license now.

Is my best bet at this point just to take advantage of the amnesty, hand my guns over to Johnny Law, and get new ones once I've got my shit in order? Do they try to retroactively prosecute this stuff?
>>
>>35086854
Boston/Chelsea PD will try to take your guns no matter what
>>
>>35086860
Actually in Waltham but yeah, close enough I'm worried.
>>
>>35086854
Massachusetts is not in the commonwealth, or was that a joke? Or, do massfags actually say that?

As for what to do, turning your guns in via amnesty is the wrong way to do it. Keep them hidden, tell anyone who asks that you sold them via private purchase before moving, and once you get your license it doesnt matter

Remember, Massachusetts doesnt require firearm registration, so a gun is a gun is a gun.

I was in a similar boat, except instead of guns it was my ID. It was two years after moving before i changed it (the grace period was like 30 days, and i just wasnt getting mail to prove i moved), and no one batted an eye because i kept my mouth shut
>>
>>35086854
Did you move in from out of state?
>>
>>35086912
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts is the actual name of the state.
>>
>>35086926
Fucking cucks, WE WON THE WAR DAMMIT
>>
>>35086941
What the fuck are you talking about? You do know that the term commonwealth doesn't exclusively refer to the UK and its former possessions, right?
>>
Go to your local pd and apply for an LTC. You'll probably need a handgun safety course offered in MA which is the state police approved course. Try to get a non restricted class A license. You'll be good.
>>
I'd say your best bet is if you help drastically change your new state's utterly shit gun laws
>>
File: thaaaats_kuh_raaaaaazeeeeeee.jpg (216KB, 970x840px) Image search: [Google]
thaaaats_kuh_raaaaaazeeeeeee.jpg
216KB, 970x840px
>>35086854
Get your license, don't say shit about your guns you own. Once you have your license, no one will say shit about your guns.

>>35087015
Gun owners are unfortunately a vocal minority in this state. We try our hardest, vote to retain our freedoms. But like CA fags, a lot of us were born into a shit circumstance. And we're out numbered by the shitloads of college age retard liberals that vote liberal.

I'm working my ass off to get out of here and move to VT or NH. I'm sick or this shit hole.
>>
>>35086854

Massachusetts doesn't require registration of guns if you move into the state with them, so after you get your license it's not like anyone will or should know you owned them anyway. Only ownership transfers and newly built guns require registration. That's why smart people moving into Mass will bring a bunch of non-AG-approved handguns with them and then jew out selling them at inflated prices once they have a Mass license.

A legal scenario is that you moved to the state with the guns, gave them to a local friend with a license for safekeeping, and once you got your LTC he gives them back to you. But again, there's no reason to tell this story because you don't have to justify owning them.

Join Northeastshooters for info on how best to apply for your LTC in Waltham. Just don't be a dumbass and start a thread like this because the police read that forum too.
>>
New England /k/ meetup when?
>>
I live in MA, and I built an AR a few years ago (before our most recent weapons ban) with a stripped lower I purchased from a MA gun store. Does anyone know if I'm legally required to "register" this as a rifle since the build was completed? My only concern is the legality of trying to sell it as a rifle and not an AOW.
>>
>>35087473

You're supposed to register a newly built gun right after you complete it. If you have paperwork showing you owned that lower before July 2016 you can still register it as a new build.

If you don't have any paperwork for the lower, you're in a murky legal area since the AG's ruling is so broad. But you'd probably be illegal.

Why do you say AOW? That's an NFA term.
>>
>>35087384

Probably somewhere in Maine if it ever happens, Maine being the biggest state in NE.
>>
>>35087532
I have all the paperwork for the lower. If I remember correctly, since it wasn't a complete firearm, it's on record as any other weapon. I could be completely wrong on this. Like I said, I purchased it years ago, with paperwork I haven't looked at since filing it away in muh safe.
>>
>>35087535
It's also 6+ hours from anywhere in NE, southern NH would be 'convient' for a NE meetup.

Grafton NH is like 80% free state libertarian retards, we'd fit in there.
>>
File: 1482959849667.jpg (111KB, 1330x770px) Image search: [Google]
1482959849667.jpg
111KB, 1330x770px
>>35086854
Hey OP looks like I can be of some help here.
Took my training course half a year ago, a black fella asked the off duty cop a question about a similar issue,
basically he moved in State with his AR15 but didn't go for his license until after the 60 day period. The cop basically said, "Okay, have one of your friends with a license borrow that gun ASAP".

Not sure if you've got friends with licenses in State. If not, then take your pistols out of State and loan them to your family. Act like you never brought them over to begin with and they'd been sitting with your folks the whole time.
Since this all came from the mouth of an in State cop who seemed to care about 2a, it should do you good.
Best of luck, hope your town is Green and not Red, otherwise you might need to face the courts if they decide to now give you your LTC for no reason other than fuck guns.
>>
Many thanks for all the info anons.
>>
>>35087569
>If I remember correctly, since it wasn't a complete firearm, it's on record as any other weapon.

If the dealer was following the rules, federally the lower is considered a completed firearm and he ran a NICS check on you. Inside the state, it's not considered anything and he shouldn't have recorded the transfer. Some dealers are fags, though, and they'll record stripped lower transfers for no reason. Four Seasons is known for that.

AOW is an NFA tax stamp term for pen guns and stocked pistols and shit. Doesn't apply here.
>>
>>35086907
But state PD in Chelsea are the ones who approve permits
>>
I'm a Massfag that wants to get into guns, redpill me on what I can do while I'm stuck here.
>>
>>35088056
Move north.
>>
>>35088056
Don't live in Mass

There really is no other way if you're truly into guns
>>
>>35088056
>redpill
First step is stop using words you don't understand.

After that, get a license and buy guns. It's not hard to figure this shit out.
>>
>>35087940
I had to present my LTC and do a full background check, just as if I was buying a complete firearm. I think what I mistook for AOW was on the paperwork for the lower, under the section that said "type of firearm" I believe it said "other."
>>
>>35088161

They will take your LTC and do a background check, because federally the lower is a gun. But state law doesn't treat uncompleted lowers as firearms and they shouldn't have reported the transfer to the DOJ. If your dealer filled out an FA10 form he was just being a dick.

On the plus side, it is registered so you can do whatever you want with it.
>>
>>35088392
Great info, thanks buddy. They did fill out an FA10, I never knew they weren't required to do so.
>>
>>35088432

Despite all the Massachusetts weirdness, they're very specific about what makes a firearm here. That's why some "sympathetic" dealers will sell you frames of unapproved pistols (they a dealer can't do a transfer on) and then tell you to call their buddy in NH for the slide and barrel. Until you put the two together it's not a gun as far as the state's concerned, only at the fed level.
>>
>>35087085
You got the right idea. I gotta go to mass a few times a year for meetings or to visit family and I can't get back to vacation land fast enough. Fuck that shit hole.
>>
>>35086907
eyy
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.