[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QD suppressor flash hider and decibels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
My question is - will attaching a four prong flash hider and then a suppressor over that flash hider increase the decibel noise level by any degree vs having no flash hider there? Will it make it quieter? And again this is specifically for a four prong flash hider.
I doubt that since it seems like the flash hider would direct more of the gasses forward and concentrating them a bit.
>>
The flash hider will let too much gas escape too quickly: totally ruining the point of the silencer. It would have the same effect as putting a silencer on a revolver.
>>
>>35086062
I think he's talking about a flash hider that's compatible with QD suppressors i.e. attaching the suppressor over, not in front of, the flash hider.
>>
File: 1349067379411.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1349067379411.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
You mean S I L E N C E R????
>>
>>35086236
Seeing as how the man who invented them marketed them as such, yes.
>>
Op. No, there will be no difference.

I usually use a brake , rather than a flash hider, the brake then acts like a sacrificial baffle that reduces some ware on the silencers
>>
>>35086062
What is with this bullshit? A suppressor without a flash hider (bare muzzle inside expansion chamber) just shoves it all forward. With a flash hider at least it goes to the sides as well.
>>
>>35086597
And yet... is still all contained in the suppressor
>>
File: 20170620_161141.jpg (708KB, 2016x1134px) Image search: [Google]
20170620_161141.jpg
708KB, 2016x1134px
I have a four pronged flash hider as the mount on my suppressor. It's not a problem.
>>
>>35086245
The Wright Brothers used wing warping to steer their aircraft... just because you invented the tech doesn't mean you're correct about the implementation.
>>
>>35086538
Su did a test and at 10,000 rounds they couldn't tell the difference between the braked suppressor and the flash hider suppressor, just fyi.
>>
>>35087320
surefire*
>>
>>35086045
I have a standard birdcage flash hider on my PSA rifle I built. Any suggestions on suppressors that attach to it? I know almost nothing about suppressors.
>>
>>35088560

There are some suppressors that will attach to the A2 birdcage, however most will either require bare threads, or their own model of QD attachment instead of the birdcage.
>>
>>35086597
If you mount the suppressor to the bare muzzle the gasses can leave to all sides into the primary expansion chamber as soon as they leave the barrel.
The flash-hider takes up this free space and could possibly restrict the gasses from flowing into the expansion chamber slightly, depending on the design.
As there's usually a bit of space available between the first baffle and the flash hider within the chamber this is not much of an issue.
However, types like the AseUtra flash hiders are designed to minimize this effect.
(muzzle breaks on the other hand could actually make the can more effective as they redirect the gasses like baffles to the side inside the suppressor.)

>>35088560
If you want to keep the A2 you'll have to look for a QD-Mount (quick detach) indented to be used with it.
... there's a lot on the market if you search for QD A2 Supressor.
(I'm more familiar with what is sold in Europe)
Many companies offer suppressors for direct treats, the standard A2 style interface and propitiatory QD-systems.

e.g. Brügger&Thomet offer their models as GRS (direct-tread), Rotex-II (propriatary QD) and Rotex-V (QD for A2 style grooves).
>>
File: 4.jpg (2MB, 5312x1660px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
2MB, 5312x1660px
>>35088916
I have the Rotex-V Compact and I'm very pleased with it. The only problem is when it gets really hot, since I have no way of taking it off, as it would melt any case I put it into.
>>
>>35088966
Cool it with the blood of your enemies
>>
File: DSC01933 - Kopie.jpg (598KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01933 - Kopie.jpg
598KB, 1536x2048px
>>35089000
As you wish my dark lord. May your trips be blessed.
>>
>>35087320
what caliber and bbl length?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.