[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Its the end of the world as we know it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5

File: 1409735581044.png (742KB, 1600x998px) Image search: [Google]
1409735581044.png
742KB, 1600x998px
Former /k/ommando current /fit/izen here
I live in the part of Florida about to be ass-fucked by Irma and I want another Rifle to fend off the dindus

A friend who owns a gunshop is trying to sell me their in-house special, allegedly tuned to be amazing for $1400 ( can probably talk him down a couple hundred)

But I wanted something shorter to fit in my truck, I was thinking a bullpup like the Tavor, the scorpion chambered in .556 or an hk 416

Any suggestions /K/? Ive been out of the gun game for a couple years now and could use advice
>>
>>35084746
>416 truck gun
friend...
>>
>>35084757
short barrel on an HK receiver and a sig brace.
Not a decent idea?
Iike I said Ive been out of the game for a long time
>>
>>35084746
that he's either a shekelmaster and you a shabbos goy or he's going to lose his FFL and the ATF will shoot his dog

5 business day wait in broward, dade, and palm beach counties on longarms and handguns m8. Super illegal for him to divest the gun from his FFL inventory into his own possession to sell to you in a private sale or to fudge the paperwork when you blab about the gun you bought in hurricane irma all over social media.

So he's either kiking the hell out of you with the gun you can only legally get 4 days after the hurricane or you're both dumbasses. he definitely is kiking the hell out of you on that price unless the shop special is an Armalite or daniel defense precision target or 3 gun rifle.

If he is in another part of the state and you're driving out to it, just stay there or keep going north. Let the niggers drown gripping your TV and just collect the check.
>>
>>35084807
no not at all, it would be through the shop and his gunsmith doesnt build them just tune them. He would just give me preferential pricing on it.

Im on the west coast, no waiting on rifles and only 3 days on pistols ;^)

It wasnt a daniel defense he said that was the next step down, the manufacturer started with a B I was talking to a mechanic at the same time I was on the phone with him so I dont remember
>>
>>35084854
>west coast
just get comfy and watch miami get washed out to sea

>I need another gun to stop all the niggers
>middle of fucking nowhere west coast
the only noticeable density of niggers on the west coast are diversity dindus at FGCU

954 hoodlife volume 2 documentary here
If it doesn't nuke cuba instead I'll be taking my jeep your way then north around friday to get the fuck out of this state the dirt road way rather than live in Waterworld when the miami metropolitan area (3 counties worth) doesn't have power for 4 months
>>
File: image.gif (89KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
89KB, 600x450px
>>35084746
>truck gun
>HK416
>scorpion in .556
anon, I-...
>>
>>35084909
Im just under Tampa and the models I saw had it heading right up the west coast to fuck us

Even if it doesnt people are losing their shit and the ensuing panic is gonna be was worse than the storm

I have pistols out the ass but if anyone is wearing a ar500 plate Im fucked so I wanted another rifle

>>35084933
m8 I havent been out of a gym in literally two years, Ive been living under metals plates I dont know shit anymore
>>
>>35084854
Your getting reamed
>>
>>35084746
If don't mind me asking, you aren't a poorfag or anything, right?
>>
not a good time to panic buy a rifle. keep your existing boomsticks at ready but focus on the actual things that'll be important for your survival and helping others when you have the opportunity.
>>
>>35084947
I live comfortably and am looking to spend around a grand
>>
>>35084942
Even if you pop someone in the chest that has an AR-500 plate on, the spalling/wash from it will fuck their shit up hard. There's a reason those are meme's but all the fucktards buy them, so it kind of works out in the end.
>>
>>35084947
if he's willing to drop 1400 dollarydoos on his buddies bubba special he's most definitely a poorfag.

>>35084946
this. "custom gun work" 99.9% of the time lowers reliability, accuracy, ergonomics, or all of the above.

>>35084942
look at the actual models. half of them have this going right up miami's asshole and have since 3 days ago. Believe me, I hope it rapes you guy on the empty coast instead but you're going to see the biggest US habbening since 9/11 if a cat6 hits miami and drives up the only populated part of the state
>>
>>35084962
you're way more noble than I am
Id sooner loot then help anyone, the end of the world is basically just libertarianism
make a fortune or die
>>
>>35084979
Ive known them since they open and have dropped at least 10 grand there

But Ill admit when he said that my first instinct was absolutely fucking not

especially when I want something short enough to maneuver in a truck

>all these posts and zero suggestions thanks /k/, I remember why I stopped coming here
>>
>>35084993
That isn't libertarianism. That's being an antisocial fuckstick.
>>
>>35085021
No
>>
>>35085020
>all these posts and zero suggestions thanks /k/, I remember why I stopped coming here
because everyone kept calling you a dumbass faggot?

The future is now old man
you can get a decent quality AR for $500 like a Ruger AR556 or S&W M&P Sport II or build one for about $400 dollarydoos off of PSA or Anderson Parts.
>>
>>35085063
>Ruger AR556
Thank you for at least making a suggestion after shitting on me for not knowing shit after admitting to not knowing shit

Ive had really bad experiences with ruger

I dont want a full size AR, and I dont wanna build anything. Im looking for something pistol length with an arm brace or a bullpup
>>
>>35084746
>pants not tucked into boots
>Pol isn't wearing Hugo Boss SS uniform

OP is nostyle
>>
>>35085106
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blc-wI77VBI

Either that or you could get a PLR-16 (or just use a SU-16 with the stock folded down).
>>
>>35085128
>PLR-16
Thats not a bad idea actually, as retarded as it looks it would probably fit perfectly
>>
>>35085145
Usually run for $450-600 too, so if you're feeling lucky you get two of them and go akimbo.

Eh, just kindin', better spent on ammo, a cleaning kit, maybe red dot/holographic/new irons/etc, some other attachments, all dat good stuff.
>>
If you think you'll need to defeat level III armor plates, you should be jumping straight to full size rifle rounds. 30-06, for example. If you don't feel like taking a Garand, a modernised BAR, or a falkor petra to shoot looters, remember the adage: if you see a vest, groin not chest.
>>
>>35084942
St. Pete checking in. Doesn't matter if they have plates, looters are cowards, once lead starts flying, they'll fuck off.
>>
>>35085236
this is bait right?
>>35085253
Jarlfrey?
I hope so man, I wasnt concerned till my family started panicking, then everyone else in my city lost their shit, Im just trying to keep it together and have my bases covered
>>
>>35085273
Look up NIJ armor ratings. The common ar500 plate is probably level III, which is supposed to protect against .308 win.

And yes, if you don't have what it takes to beat the plate the groin is the next decent sized target with semi important stuff to break.
>>
>>35085298
I know the level, but if you hit someone with a .556 they wont take it as well as a 9mm or a .45
they will have the wind knocked out of them and start bruising, more than enough to get the advantage
>>
>>35085030
Yes
>>
>>35085273
Sorry, not the Anon you think I am. My friends are losing their shit as well, I'm calmly loading mags, kinda kicking myself for not picking up some plates a while back when I was making massive bank from over time
>>
What gets me is all these people living in flood plains staying to protect their stuff which will most likely be under 10 feet of water anyway. Just fucking evacuate and collect the insurance you should have always had. Or you can stay and risk drowning or your roof falling in on your dumb ass. Don't fuck with hurricanes.
>>
>>35085360
No
>>
>>35085373
I have a soft plate but thats not gonna do much when everyone is CCing, and has an AR an shotgun in their truck

>>35085374
You could always stay and try to get free shit, I hear the blacks in texas are having a good time
>>
>>35084746
Get an MDR
>>
ITT: Florida anon's larping about muh looting
Just shoot the nigs if they come. In most cases, they just have some shitty handgun.
>>
>>35085390
Thing is, any one that does have plates, probably works for a living and won't go looting. I used to be a private security contractor, now do licensed security, trust me when I say criminals are cowards, they are focused on escape, and targets of opportunity, the moment they are met with Force, they will flee.
>>
>>35085382
You're a psychopath, Anon.
>>
>>35085320
>I know the level, but if you hit someone with a .556 they wont take it as well as a 9mm or a .45
>they will have the wind knocked out of them and start bruising
this is why you're fucking retarded OP

just dijibooty shooty or aim for the dick(shattering the pelvis)
>>
>>35085320
I'd rather a chance at shattering the pelvis than bruising a rib, but that's just me. I wouldn't bother with the chest if I had the time to aim, at least.

Given that it's too late for you to practise with the thing, you should probably seek out something that's relatively familiar to you. If you've shot an AR before, pick up a 16 inch carbine. Bushmaster, dpms, and ruger all make what I would describe as "beater carbines" that you're likely to find in a store. They aren't nice, but you can spend the money you saved on a nicer optic that's rugged and simple. Your options depend on what the store has, but they might have some Vortex stuff. Other anons can elaborate on optics.

Slightly nicer complete carbines might include the springfield armory saint.

You'll probably also want to grab a magpul grip while you're in there. Mock M16A2 grips tend not to be a favorite.
>>
>>35085447
Don't you hear the voices too?
>>
>>35085447
Actually that makes him a sociopath.
>>
>>35085106
Holy actual shit.

>buy lower
>buy short upper
>Install sig brace

That's like, 500 and maybe 20 minutes on the internet.

If you're balls are hard enough and can't get a sig brace in time then throw away the stock so you don't have "constructive intent" to create an unregistered sbr.
>>
>>35085538
OP has 6 days, anon. This needs to be off the shelf.
>>
>>35084746
There's no hope for you now. Kill yourself and escape the horrors to come.
>>
>>35085544
this guy knows
>>
>>35085707
>>35085544
No, both of you are fucking retarded. OP for being outside of the most likely path of the hurricane with an irrational fear of the 6 niggers in 50 miles of him and the desire to buy a meme nonSBR. You for being a plebeian faggot who is willing to get fucking hosed because you were too retarded to pick up an AR15 receiver at any point in the last 5 years
>>
File: IMG_6153.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6153.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
OP here
He knocked the gun down with the optic and a case to $1300 and I bought the mag so it was $1500 out the door
>>
>>35088107
>drum mag
AHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: image.jpg (994KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
994KB, 3264x2448px
The manufacturer was bear creek

Pic is muzzle break because it got cut off
What sold me is the trigger pull, it's maybe an 8th of an inch and feels amazingly crisp. Couldn't be more than a couple lbs
>>35088116
Confirmed doesn't lift
>>
>>35084746
You can get an entry level realible AR-15 for as little as 450 dollars. This "friend" of yours is a greedy merchant.
>>
>>35084746
the non-retarded evacuate
>>
>>35088153
This isnt entry level, my palmetto state armory that cost me $600 in 2012 was entry

As much as he wants my shekels my family spent so much there he'll basically give me any price I want. Im a fan of the Mac line of guns I have a 10 and an 11. I saw a vulcan clone sitting there for $800 and said Id buy for $400, he said done.

I ended up walking away because the thing felt like shit in my hand and the trigger was atrocious
>>
>>35084746
>the scorpion chambered in .556

that is not a thing but it would be cool if it was.
just get a 500 dollar crappo AR, it shoots people just as good as boutique ARs at the range you will probably have to defend yourself at.
>>
>>35088144
>implying it's about /fit/ness
My man. Drum mags jam like fuck.
>>
>>35088172
Wait a minute, if you have a PSA AR-15 already, then why are you thinking about getting another gun for the hurricane? Get ammo instead.
>>
>>35088191

the magpul ones dont
>>
>>35088197
Hello Garand.
>>
>>35088191
How is it that western engineers still can't replicate whatever sort of slav magic that was done for the AK drums?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>35088195
I wanted one for my mother, something short to fit in the truck. I might still buy an MPX later today
Current configuration of the PSA
>>
>>35084979
I'm praying it wipes Miami off the face of the fucking earth. Gun grabbing politicians and shitstains upon the earth.
>>
>>35088225
Oh, in that case you'd do good if went for one of those AR pistols with the SBPDW brace. It's really comfortable to hold and it'll give your mom a neat not-sbr platform that's lightweight enough for her, easy to maneuver in close quarters and with the realiabilty of the AR platform. Stay safe bro.
>>
>>35088253
You might be the only one whos not a condescending asshole on this board

Thanks m8 Im gonna try, regardless of the models no ones 100% sure where this is gonna go so its better to stay safe
>>
>>35088107
That looks like a sweet acquisition, OP. Made a good buy, not jizztastic, but that seems to be a bitchin rifle
>>
>>35084746
Sorry but /pol/ is hitler
>>
>>35088293
So is OP, judging by his taste in memes. "Physical fitness, weapons and white supremacy. Everyone else is a smelly gay midget." Bitch, please.
>>
>>35088379
>Bitch, please.

you tell em tough guy
>>
>>35084746
>I live in the part of Florida about to be ass-fucked by Irma and I want another Rifle to fend off the dindus

stop being a faggot larper and buy something useful, like a ticket out

you fucking retard
>>
>>35088379
>Physical fitness, weapons and white supremacy

its the "mean-spirited self-improvement wannabe warrior" cult
>>
>>35084746
>/pol/
>anything but bottom of the barrel /b/ tier dogshit
It's literally just a hive for plebbitors to come and pretend they're edgy and contrarian.
>>
>>35084746
Just get the tavor if you want 556. In my opinion, if you're currently nogun and want a truck gun, buy an 870 police or wing master
>>
>>35085391
Rules for purchasing a gun:
1) Gun must exist.
>>
>>35088253
>>35088281
Why not an AK pistol? Ballistics out of a short barrel are generally better for 7.62x39, and it's a more reliable platform.
>>
>>35088144
HAHAHAHAHAH

BEAR CREEK IS GARBAGE
>>
>>35088637

>Ballistics are better

Hahaha, you fucking moron.

No.

ACCURACY was better in the short barrel variants because of barrel harmonics in the full size AKs of the era.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.