[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Decent holsters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: shoulder-holsters.jpg (31KB, 736x490px) Image search: [Google]
shoulder-holsters.jpg
31KB, 736x490px
Alright /k/, i could use some help.

I recently got a smith and wesson model 19-5 and my brother said he would pay for my CCW Permit for my birthday. I am looking for a good shoulder holster. Any suggestions?
>>
bump.
>>
>>35082328
Can you define good? Do you mean best functioning or aesthetic? Both?
>>
File: Det_rig.jpg (118KB, 1146x849px) Image search: [Google]
Det_rig.jpg
118KB, 1146x849px
>>35083831
Functioning but Both would be nice.
>>
>>35082328
>a good shoulder holster

Is there a reason you want a shoulder holster specifically and aren't considering something like a good pancake holster? They were one of the go-to choices for people who actually carried their K-frames (as opposed to movie characters and their shoulder holsters).
>>
>>35082328
>shoulder holster
Don't.
>>
>>35084156
>shoulder holster specifically and aren't considering something like a good pancake holster?
I have a flat ass and belts dont help. Its a Genetic trait.
>>
>>35084156
>>35084178
Not OP, but what are the differences between shoulder holsters and IWB holsters?
>>
>>35084237
one sits in your armpit, the other sits on your belt like a phone clip.
>>
>>35084271
I see. I do have largish arms and I have a thing for wearing jackets.
>>
>>35084236
That isn't an impediment with the right holster in the right location. A good IWB or pancake OWB at 3'o clock or 4'o clock is going to be a lot more practical than a shoulder holster in real world use.

>>35084237
As >>35084271 said, there is the matter of position, but it goes further than that.

IWB holsters only need a basic cover garment to conceal like a button-up, while shoulder holsters require that you wear a jacket and do not permit you to take that jacket off. A properly made shoulder holster is far more expensive than a decent IWB holster, usually on the order of 3 to 6x as much depending on the firearm it's meant to house. Many shoulder holsters, even ones of good manufacture, have the serious downside of the muzzle of the firearm being canted horizontally rather than vertically, which means you are constantly sweeping people behind you.

There are probably some additional considerations that I have forgotten, but the long and short of it all is that the only advantage that a shoulder holster has in real world use is that it looks cool (again, this is why it has such a disproportionate presence in movies). For someone who is intending to conceal carry and is serious about both personal protection and firearms safety, you are seriously much better off with a different kind of holster.
>>
>>35084410
>That isn't an impediment with the right holster in the right location. A good IWB or pancake OWB at 3'o clock or 4'o clock is going to be a lot more practical than a shoulder holster in real world use.
please stop, you dont realize how flat my ass is.
>>
>>35084448
Are you an irish woman or something? If you really have a body type that somehow makes IWB right hip carry unusable, then go with IWB appendix. Anything but a shoulder holster.
>>
>>35084475
>Are you an irish woman or something?
It comes from the french side of my family.

>appendix carry
wouldnt work, i bend foward and move in that sort of angle to much my job.

>anything but shoulder holster
come down, its not that bad sperg lord.
>>
>>35084573
Possible solution: Wear two pistols so that it'll balance out your ass.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.