[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hammer of Dawn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

The weapon of weapons.
>>
>cinematic's show it capable of leveling entire cities with a single pulse
>in-game version has the yield of a few grenades

why?
>>
>>35082197
isn't the satellite the weapon? I remember from gow 1. it's been a long time
>>
>>35082435
>leveling entire cities with a single pulse

That was in the beginning of the war. After decades, I assume the satellites started running out of power.
>>
>>35082722
>>35082435
>>35082675

It's a designation for orbital weapon platforms. For safety reasons/your own survival, you get it set to minimal power when you use it most of the time.

At full power, it can technically be used to mark for the whole constellation of Hammer of Dawn satellites, IIRC that peaks out at about 1.5 kilotons/second energy output.

Calling down 1.5 kilotons a second at a target fifty yards away is the sort of party trick you can only do once.
>>
File: Hammered.jpg (9KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
Hammered.jpg
9KB, 250x141px
>>35082435
>cinematics show it as mummifying people into statues
>gameplay just has it exploding people into bloody confetti
Also shouldn't the beam be coming down at an angle? The fact that it comes straight down implies the satellite is directly overhead at all times, which doesn't make very much sense at all considering the way you can move the beam around while aiming
>>
>>35082904
>The fact that it comes straight down implies the satellite is directly overhead at all times, which doesn't make very much sense at all

I'm ok with that considering it was the first game I got for xbox that had me enthralled.
>>
> be game designer
> make only 1 weapon have a stock while rest just have pistol grips

How can either in pic related be comfortable to shoot, let alone a rifle with a fucking chainsaw on it?

On the bright side, the hammerburst kinda reminds me of an ak pistol. Curve magazine, used by ugly drones conscripted by ruler of them all, and packs a punch.
>>
>>35082722
Are you retarded?
>>
>>35082748
Makes sense

>>35082904
I guess it's power difference or just that dust mummies look cooler.

>>35084908
Don't forget a single shot bolt action in the future.
>>
>>35085869

>Don't forget a single shot bolt action in the future.

To be fair, it has the ability to decapitate an entire head off of a body. What weapon do you know that could do that?

I'm betting the bullets are shaped so that they couldn't be fitted into a magazine, so single shot is all that it can do.
>>
>>35082904
>Also shouldn't the beam be coming down at an angle? The fact that it comes straight down implies the satellite is directly overhead at all times, which doesn't make very much sense at all considering the way you can move the beam around while aiming
The reason you can only use it at specific times is because it's the time when the satellite is overhead. They mention in dialogue that the HoD has orbited past your position and can no longer be used (at least in the first game)
>>
>>35084908
>> make only 1 weapon have a stock while rest just have pistol grips

Because stocks cause a lot of clipping issues when you're trying to animate big burly space marine power armor.
>>
Every single weapon and other inaccuracy in any Gears of War game I can look past since its not really a game that takes itself seriously.
You got 7 foot tall roid monsters carrying fuckhuge rifles with chainsaws on them fighting underground mole monsters and Flood wannabes from Halo.
I don't think regular physics and thinking applies to these games.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.