[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bad customer service at gun stores

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 283
Thread images: 45

File: IMG_8208.png (524KB, 700x628px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8208.png
524KB, 700x628px
Why do gun stores seem to have such bad customer service. What is it about the gun community that attracts such snobs, and assholes. Every type of store seems to have occasionally poor customer service, but it seems to happen so often with gun stores.
>>
Don't walk into a gun store and act like a spaz and perhaps you won't get treated like the next twitchy school shooter.
>>
>>35081288
I've never experienced this irl, I'm just going off of LGS tales on /k/
>>
>a yo lemme se dat nine
>is that a famas
>just lyke muh vidya
>muzzle sweeping all day
> when it asks if ive done drugs is that just like recentley man
>im lookin fer dat fiddy cal for my first gun
>does a 44 magnum make a good conceal carry
>you got any holsterd for this gun that i dont know the make or model of... how about if i keep repeating the caliber to you?
>whats the cheapest gun you got that i can stick in my night stand and never fire until someone has broken i to my house
>you know that Obongo....
>i heard the gubbmint....
>hey esse jew got any cheap guns um totally not straw purchasing

And you deal with it day in and day out because its a business and if you want to survive you will eat that shit and smile knowing full well that selling your wares and even believing in the 2A as much as you can wont stop some of the mouth breathers you call customers from doing something stupid and causing the ATF's cock already jammed up your ass to start jumping around and making your life more difficult than it already is.
>>
File: 1504585951346.png (194KB, 1390x563px) Image search: [Google]
1504585951346.png
194KB, 1390x563px
>Be with no guns friend in a gun store because need ammo
>looking at ammo, friend is eyeballing guns
>owner comes over asks him if he can help him with anything
>"Well there are a couple of people at school who are pissing me off"

I keked hard but now I have to go to Gander Mountain.
>>
File: IMG_2568.jpg (14KB, 280x186px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2568.jpg
14KB, 280x186px
>>35081245
Because owning a gun store is a vanity pet project, retail is a shitty way to make a living that only appeals to autists, opinionated jerks and sassy baristas.
>>
>>35081245
>i was only pretending to be retarded
they dont know that
>>
>you get a job in a gun store because you enjoy shooting, know a bit about guns, and want to help others enjoy the hobby
>Old fat fudds complain about how prices were lower 50 years ago, spout endless fuddlore, and bring loaded guns in for repair
>urban youths come in to buy the coolest looking gun, but then only get a used hipoint and take pictures with the cool one
>CODkids leave greasy handprints all over the display cases, dryfire every gun, and muzzle sweep you 20 times before leaving
>autistic kids won't make any eye contact but mumble "one day they'll all see" before spilling their spaghetti and running away
>what was once a hobby you hoped to share with others becomes a daily nightmare
>you become suspicious of everyone that walks into the store, and want every transaction to be over before you end up in the background of another "me with a #choppa XD" picture the morgue, or on the news.
>become an asshole
working in a gun store is just retail with more paperwork
>>
>>35081245
probably because guns are such a 'dangerous' thing that if you dont know as much as the store owner, you'll probably end up hurting yourself, and they assume everybody is less safe than they are
>>
>>35082319
This. I hate going to the gun shop, as terrible as that sounds. Also, everybody who has a Turners in their town, they understand true LGS pain
>>
>>35081245
On this vague topic why is it such a bad idea to open a gun store? why do they seem to not make money and just quietly close? How can we make gun stores halfway decent again?
>>
>>35081288
bullshit, if you havent had this happen to you, or when you were around, you were the spazz that was too autistic to notice them treating you like shit.

gunshops should thank god that the 68 GCA happened, otherwise no one would ever step foot in one in this day and age.
>>
>>35083429
Because doing transfers for online gunstores isn't a sustainable business model, and trying to directly compete with them is a fool's errand.
>>
>>35081511
kek
>>
>>35081408
This is the same fucking weak faggot attitude cops use to try and justify their shitty behavior. Spoiler alert: dealing with human trash is not a unique-to-you experience, nor do you encounter it any more than anybody else. Most people master the art of not being a little cunt instead of acting like a bitch.

>Hurr the other children are mean and dumb durr
>Because of this I should be allowed to take a dump in the sink

YOUR OBLIGATION TO NOT BE A SHITTER DOESN'T GO AWAY BECAUSE SOME ELSE SUCKS TOO
>>
>>35083503
>nor do you encounter it any more than anybody else.
Entirely false. You probably aren't going to get spit on being a cashier, or shot at, or have pop-culture think killing you is funny. I'm no fan of cops, particularly today, but to say that everyone has to deal with human trash of the frequency or amplitude that they do is retarded.
>>
>>35083398
Lol is today opposite day or sometbnf
>>
>>35083536
t. never worked public service
>>
>>35081245
Retail in general is staffed by the lowest common denominator and appeals to the same. Gotta keep those Hi Points, overpriced Kimbers, and Glock 40s flying off the shelves to make profits, yo.

The only bad "customer experiences" I've had were when I asked to see a certain gun, and the sales rep starts talking shit on the brand and tries to get me to buy something else because of personal opinion. Keep your thoughts on plastic guns and "commie garbage" to your fucking self and help your boss make a sale.
>>
>>35081795
Alot of this. And I worked in one of these stores.

Pretty much any "enthusiast" retail is like this.
>>
>>35083660
>Retail in general is staffed by the lowest common denominator and appeals to the same
>appeals to the same
Huh? I get the staffed by part but everybody's got to buy stuff.
>>
>>35083660
This last point here.

>go to Gander Mountain (closeout sales actually make them competitive for once)
>ask to see PPQ due to rebate
>"hey u wana see something reeaallly nice, check out this Glock 19, Gen 4. Our last one, only $500".
>proceeds to talk up their remaining uncle mike and blackhawk holsters before I can even say "no thanks, I'd like to see the Walther".

Turns out they didnt even have PPQs anymore, just PK380s
>>
>>35083536
You've obviously never worked customer service, nor are you aware of how ridiculously safe being a cop is.

Boot licker.
>>
>>35084122
>or how ridiculously safe being accop is
>in current year + 2
Nice try, BLM.
>>
>>35084139
The majority of deaths aren't caused by people, but traffic accidents. Often because cops don't wear seat belts. Hypocrites, much? In 2013, only 18 cops died due to an assailant. Moreover, the rates of cop murders have been going down dramatically through the years.

Try again, or keep fellating muh thin blue line.
>>
>>35081245
Old fudds don't give a fuck and ex-mil guys tend not to blend back into civilian courtesies. Those two groups make up a lot of gunstore employees and owners.

My LGS is so unfriendly and uninterested in customers that I don't even bother going there anymore, I just order guns through Fleet Farm.
>>
>>35081245
Other then all the interesting personally aspects that come with selling weapons all day and dealing with retards. 99% of gun stores are mom and pop stores. There isn't a larger corporate or management system that come with larger chains to promote good customer service. No larger company image to maintain in the public eye, no standards to which they are held. No training to speak of. They can do and act as they please within reason.
>>
File: original.img.jpg (340KB, 2268x623px) Image search: [Google]
original.img.jpg
340KB, 2268x623px
I went to a gun store today to look at conceal carry guns, and the only interaction I had with the clerk was

>"can I HELP you, /sir/?"
>"nope, just looking! :DD"

Then I wandered around seeing their $100+ markups on everything
>360 bucks for a bersa thunder

A group of black people came in, and, while they were respectful and polite the entire time, the questions they asked were cringy
>"can I have it today and pay in installments? No? What kind of layaway options do y'all have?"
>"got any deagles in fiddy?"
>"ayyo, check out this sniper!"
>it's pic related

There was an honest to goodness fudd buying an AR, then backed out of the entire sale when he saw that the magazines were plastic.
>>
>>35083660
lmao
>want a pistol caliber carbine
>those sub 2000s look cool
>poke around gun stores
>"do you have a kel-tec sub twothous-"
>gun store owner interjects
>"AAH FUCKIN KEL TEC PLASTIC GUNS WOULD NEVER CARRY THEM IN A THOISAND YEARS. MUH MELT. MUH JAMS. MUH WOOD AND STEEL REEEEEE"
>slowly 360 and moonwalk out of the store as owner progresses towards an aneurysm
>buy a mech tech conversion unit instead
>>
>>35084810
kek why wouldn't he just say no but I can get you one? who gives a shit if his customer wants a Kel-Tec.
>>
>>35084845
because the autistic gun store merchant thinks his shouted opinions will pay the rent
this area is really bad for stuff like that (northern CA)
>looking for AK pattern rifle
>3 gun stores say anything semiauto is illegal (lolno you have a 10/22 on the shelf)
>2 more quote clinton era laws to tell me AKs specifically are b& because muh commies
>finally find one store that only stocks fudd bolt actions, fudd pump actions, and 1911s, but they know the laws and will do transfers
>charges $200 for private party transfers, and more for online transfers
>holy shit
>finally find a guy who runs a home FFL and will sell me a saiga for a reasonable price
>new gun bro
>>
>>35084810
This shit.

> needs to make sales to stay open
> can't keep their fucking politics to themselves
> drives customers away with rude behavior and contrarian outbursts
>....
>"the innernet is killing us small business owners!"

No, faggots, you're killing yourself with your pseudo-machoman "muh house muh rules" bullshit. When someone asks you for a gun, all they want is a yes or no. Fuck, I hate gun store clerks.
>>
>>35083398
Uh... yeah, actually, ive been to lots of states.

Assholity correlates with pop density, which also happens to correlate with progressiveness and authoritarian tendencies.
>>
File: why.jpg (44KB, 290x504px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
44KB, 290x504px
>>35084966
>looking for glocks because i have all the magazines already
>go into gunstore and ask for glock (more as a formality because i see glocks in the display case)
>clerk recommends a 1911 because "fortuh faahve leaves a larger wound channer, muh hydrostatic shock, rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6" etc etc
>that's alright, i was really just looking for a glock, but i haven't decided between the 17 and the 19
>"well when those plastic guns have long since stopped working, mah 1911 will still be shooting because MERICAN STEEL BOYYYY"
>i'm really not interested in a 1911
>*tells me they're out of glocks*
>that's OK, i'll just purchase the display model
>"we don't sell display guns"
>k fine
i was willing to exchange currency for a firearm, but the person who's livelihood depended on me doing that was unwilling to make that happen.
>>
>>35085036
Boy, be sure showed you.
He'll be laughing all the way to the bank when he tries to renegotiate his loans.
>>
>>35081245
>Not having an LGS with bro-tier workers
I feel for you guys.
By far my worst experience at the lgs
>enter store with funs
>'Hi I'd like some AK food, 22lr, and a range pass please.'
>"Here you are sir, that'll be like 3 monies. You're on aisle 4. Enjoy your range time!"
>'You too'
>>
working in a gunstore is horrible, just because of the number of times you almost die every day at work.
when the first lady pulls out a loaded 38 and points it at you, it's jarring. when it happens almost every day, it gets old, and you start to hate everyone.
>>
File: IKIFEEL.jpg (24KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IKIFEEL.jpg
24KB, 800x450px
>>35082319

It's like you can see right into my soul...
>>
>>35085271
What did you do to get president's wife to point a gun at you every day?
>>
File: 225647864132.jpg (6KB, 190x200px) Image search: [Google]
225647864132.jpg
6KB, 190x200px
>work in gun store
>most customers are OK, some are cool, bunch of regulars
>dipshits are normalish, every now and again we get somebody who is "how are you not institutionalized" level of stupid
>"i want a full auto"
>not legal in state
>"yeah but i want one"
>ok, leave the state and pay $8k for one
>"cant you sell me one?"
>no
>"why? nobody has to know. can you at least tell me how to make one full auto?"
>mfw he was dead fuckin serious

>dindus with blatant straw purchases
>dindus with blatant drug dealer money (who has 3k in 1k rolls all in 20s? not a construction worker thats who
>vietnamese dudes who grow pot legally and blow 10k/month in guns
>dindus who call in lookin for xtendo clipz or beemz

>"is my suppressor ready to pickup"
>when did you file for it?
>"well i bought it last may"
>ok well when did you FILE YOUR FORM 4
>"I JUST told you i bought it last MAY"
>(god if i could lynch impatient NFA buyers i would)
>ok your name? right you filled your form 4 in fucking may of this year get fucked asshole, not last may, and you bought it last december, your own fault for waiting to file your forms so long

>"can you call the ATF for me for my form 4 status?"
>no you have to
>"but i dont know how"
>time to fuckin learn

one of my favs tho
>guy comes in
>wants 22 pistol and suppressor
>go over options with him, he likes the Ruger Mark 4, and a Gemtech GM22
>this was right after the MK4 came out
>ok so heres your total, the suppressor will be in in about a month and we can start paperwork when it comes in
>"so, i cant take it home today?"
>you can take the pistol home today
>"ok but what about the suppressor"
>form 3's are taking about a month, and once it comes in we start paperwork
>"ok so i pick it up in a month?"
>....no you pick it up in about 6-8 months when your paperwork gets approved
>"well thats bullshit i never read that i needed to wait that long for one. i thought i could take it home today because of the HPA"
>mfw
>>
>>35085782
honestly i cant even begin to recite the amount of stupidity i have heard over the last few years

its just...so...bad, you have no idea

legit, a guy walked in and said he wanted an 870 or a 500 for a first gun BECAUSE THATS WHAT /k/ RECOMMENDED

HE LITERALLY SAID "Because /k/ recommended them"

I think he realized he dun goofd when his words were met with a blank stare of "dawg why would you say that shit"

>dude wants laser so that he can scare people by puttin a dot on their chest
>dude wants a 1911 because "muh murican 45 nazi killer hurr durr durr", doesnt want to spend over $500, sees a 1911 we had in the case (Rock Island) with the G10 grips and what not, ~$650, wants it for $500 out the door, gets pissy when told 'no we arent going to lose money on guns'
>had a neat AR-15 bundle, gun+EOTech for 1k, good setup overall, asian guy comes in, sees price, says "ok so whats MY price, i bought a glock 19 from you guys last year", me and owner exchange looks, owner states "1k is your price, thats a fuckin deal already", "ok ill think about it", sold it 2 hours later
>while running a background check, young retard asks owner where the nearest recreational weed store is

>have AOWs and firearm 12 gauges on the wall
>get told that those are illegal by a random guy
>...no theyre perfectly fine to own, the firearm is just a background check, the AOW is a form 4
>"but theyre not legal so i cant buy them why are you selling them?"
>because theyre legal to own
>"not from what i read"
>well you seem to be misinformed on the topic
>"typical gunstore thinks they know everything"
>o...k...
>>
I go to a range/gun store and I like them. They keep things short and expedient. You just have to know what you are looking for.

>Hey you guys have (insert gun)
>it is either a quick "Yes, would you like to look at one sir?" Or "No, we can order one in if you want one."

They let you check the bore and they even print you detailed instructions on how to clean the gun while the background check is running.

That kind of service is what makes me pay $50 extra.
>>
>>35084191
BTFO
>>
>>35081245

In my experience, the smaller gun shops usually have the best people but you have to approach it so they know you're not some sperg.

I can't stand the shit from the big retailer counter jockeys.
>>
Because they deal with literal retards, exclusive window shoppers, call of duty kids, and gangbangers all day long.

Until you can prove you're not one of those of course they're going to hate you.
>>
>>35085742
heh
>>
>>35085782
>>dindus who call in lookin for xtendo clipz or beemz
what are beemz?
>>
File: Comfy_guy.jpg (41KB, 600x579px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy_guy.jpg
41KB, 600x579px
>>35081245

>When the clerk says "enjoy your new gun!" As you finish your transaction
>>
File: cat faec.jpg (22KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
cat faec.jpg
22KB, 500x375px
>>35087276
>you too!
>>
>>35081245
I've gotten the cold shoulder but not bad service
>>
File: 1476185073558.jpg (100KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1476185073558.jpg
100KB, 700x700px
>>35081245
>Go to LGS
>went to get my first funz
>walk to front counter
>a gruff, tall, and over-weight man is manning counter
>he's intently looking at a computer monitor
>"Hi, I'd like to buy a g-"
>he interrupts me without bothering to meet my gaze
>"Can't you read?
>"W-what?" I utter
>he points to the door
>"Height restrictions are in place, only people 6'0 above are allowed in"
>I am 5'6
>"P-please s-sir, I just want a g-gun..."
>I peer over the counter
>he's stroking himself
>"Hey, buddy. Want to see somethin' reaaaaaaaal neat?"
>I can feel my urine drenching my jeans
>he spins the monitor around
>a woman is being spit-roasted by two blacks
>look closer
>it's my wife
>my bowels empty themselves into my underwear
>run out the door as fast as my sock/sandal combo would allow me
> I can hear him yell after me "Manlets, when will they learn‽"
>>
>>35087381
uuuuh that's pretty bad service m8
>>
>>35087381
>I've gotten the cold shoulder
Yeah, I hate it when employees randomly put ice-packs on my shoulder too.
>>
File: IMG_0823.jpg (107KB, 654x653px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0823.jpg
107KB, 654x653px
>>35081408
I do none of these and the employees are almost always assholes. If I had to deal with this all day I would be greatful for a customer that wasn't like that. You would be ten times more likely to get my cash, too.
>>
Some faggot on YouTube needs to go around insufferable fuddite or tacticool gun stores and ask for keltecs/plastics and hunting rifles and record the reactions. It seems immature but I would watch.
>>
>>35087276
I always tell the twat to fuck off when they do that
>>
>>35087406
Nah, it was my fault the one of the two times it happened. I was a spergy 16 year old with my dad. The other time he ignored me Untill I asked for 30-40 Krag ammo
>>
>>35087603
i can tell you're a cool guy. you wanna go throw rocks at cats later? maybe get matching shark tooth necklaces and trade handjobs? no homo though
>>
>>35085227
My LGS is run by a couple of diehard libertarians that buy and sell guns, silver, and gold. Pretty cool guys, I've got to stop back in there sometime.
>>
>>35087716
>silver, and gold
Biggest memes ever.
>>
>>35082319
Nailed it. I finally put in my 2 weeks to leave the one I work for. It made me an asshole for sure. Then again, people are fucking stupid too.
>>
>>35087733
I don't care, the business model works for them. They do transfers for $20 and have a huge assortment of interesting shit.
>>
>>35087746
sounds awesome, what state you in? Love to visit the place.
>>
>>35081245
I always try and be as cool as possible with gun store counter workers. Chances are, they've dealt with 20 other retards before my retarded self.
>>
>>35087758
Northeast corner of the country.
>>
>>35087769
Well that's a bit far for me to travel, but good for you having such a neat place to shop at.
>>
>>35083429
Politics is a big part. I really want to get into firearms as a career (no gun store bullshit) but the election cycles are probably pretty scary for everyone in the gun market.
>>
>>35085003
You might be on to something here, I live in a small town in Wyoming and our local LGS is great. They don't question what you are looking for, it's a pretty fudd place but I ordered and AK from them and they were happy to do it. Also and the minute you walk in they offer you free coffee.
>>
File: stupid.jpg (81KB, 687x369px) Image search: [Google]
stupid.jpg
81KB, 687x369px
>>35081310
>>
>>35084966
This, god fucking damn. There's having a long day, and then there is being an uneducated fuck with little to no social skill or manners all while expecting your shitty business of overpriced durr rifles and holsters to keep afloat. Just doesn't work that way.
>>
>>35087811
There's a reloading shop by me staffed by one guy with the exact same attitude. Look, I get that competing against online retailers is hard, you made your hobby a business, but you can at least be polite while I purchase >$300 of your wares.
>>
>>35085227
My bro-est (local) gun store honestly is the Point blank chain store. Sure I've heard their workers say some pretty dumb shit, but they do a good job of handling the retards without choking me out every time I want to check out a gun.
>>
>>35085832
Did you tell him you were part of the klub
>>
Maybe long term lead exposure.

>called firing range 10&5 mins before opening, no answer
>call 5 minutes after opening, woman picks up really slowly and sounded irritated af
>ask for clarification on the 'no steel coated ammo' policy
>rudely bites back with 'can't stick to a magnet'

Or when I bought my first gun, the guy was a silent autistic fucker who barely said 20 words, who sold me a 5.45 AR Mag when I bought a 5.45 saiga
>>
>>35087892
>who sold me a 5.45 AR Mag when I bought a 5.45 saiga

Who the fuck buys ARs in 5.45? I didnt even know they made these.
>>
>>35082319
>Real cool gun store with real chill people working there
>I always get anxiety going into a gunstore because my hyper Libby family from out of state says that guns are only for school shooters
>Notice I'm not the worst customer they have
>Old fudds frequently come in with loaded guns for repair
>They always nicely ask if the gun is loaded
>"Heheh yeah of course, I ain't gonna bring em in loaded"
>They check them anyway, everytime
>"Don't see a point in checking it, ain't like it's loaded"
>I shit you not of the some 20-30 times I've been there this has happened 6 maybe 7 times
>The gun is fucking loaded
>Workers super cool about it despite all of this
>Online price matching provided it's not on sale
I have to drive 25 miles out of the way but it's better than going to the fudd gunstore near my house.
>>
>>35087248
Lasers. Like green beams.
>>
>>35083536
you are at greater risk being shot at as a mcdonalds worker than a police officer
>>
>>35088027
source or GTFO
>>
>>35088033
source: >>
>>
File: IMG_0822.jpg (78KB, 809x812px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0822.jpg
78KB, 809x812px
>>35087276
>when the old owner gives you a free box of ammo for being a "knowledgeable kid" just for talking about obscure milsurps that aren't that hard to read up on
>>
>>35088096
the owner of my local gun store just gave me a free box of .308 because the paperwork was taking too long
it's a pretty great little place
>>
>>35088033
https://www.bls.gov/iif/oshcfoi1.htm
look at "Occupation by transportation incidents and homicides, 2015", and compare the values for column "H" ("shooting by other person -- intentional). Some highlights: out of a total of 354, police account for 28; food service 49; food and beverage stores for 36; restaurants 31 grocery stores for 29; gas stations 24; taxi and limousine service 25; and 2 hog farmers
>>
>>35088196
>hurr durr I can't math
There are far more food service workers than police in the US. The likelihood of being shot as a cop is indeed greater.
>>
>>35088196
couldn't find data for how many food service workers there are, but i did find that there are 230,000 cab drivers, versus about a million police. so you're at least more likely to get shot as a cabbie
>>
File: yawning.jpg (19KB, 368x350px) Image search: [Google]
yawning.jpg
19KB, 368x350px
>>35088196
thanks for the source
there are more burger jockeys than cops tho
>>
>>35081245
I had a great experience with the guys working at a gun store in Kalispell MT. Small gun stores can be hit or miss.
>>
>>35087397
I will give you a (you) anon
>>
>>35084966
Devils advocate

>anon is a soccmom whining about custemor service giving her emotional booboos
>anon is an asspie that is offended by conversationalist
>
>>
>>35081245
>go to local sporting goods shop (CA) for first-ever gun purchase
>need to take a test on firearms safety for the FSC, to even handle the guns
>by the time I finish my FSC, gun counter closed about 6 minutes ago
>refuse to let me buy the gun that day because muh gun store license and other reasons, even though missed by 6 min
>but they do let me put the gun on layaway for $100, have to come back to register it
>come back to register gun later in week
>at counter, another guy is trying to buy the same gun as me
>find out there's no such thing in their policy as putting a gun on layaway for $100, you can ONLY do that if you also register it the same day
>they let me put $100 without registering, so they don't lose my sale, forcing me to come back a second time
>after a lot of thought decide to change my mind to a different gun entirely
>they will deduct $60 from original 100 for changing my mind, a "cancellation fee"
>if I cancel it, they'll just take the entire $100
>after a lot of math, they're still the cheapest option by $20, even including all the cancellation fee BS
>the whole time, they didn't even seem too interested in selling me the gun, only was friendly when I was giving them my credit card
>should've gone to a different store out of principle, but was too impatient

Roast me /k/
>>
>>35081245
>go to local LGS
>have stage 15 autism
>still don't get shit on because I don't do anything stupid
feels good man
>>
>>35083536
Cops are human trash
>>
>>35085271
I know that feel...
As a gunsmith I've stared countless times into the rifled abyss and far too many times an eye stared back.
>>
>>35081245
I've had a lgs worker lie to me, while looking at his computer and wouldn't even look at me, when I asked him about a model 97 Winchester. He said they didn't have any, but his boss heard him from his office and came out and told me they did have two of them, in fact, over in the corner. Some old fudd at a different shop told me his lowest priced garand was $2600.
>>
File: mfw yarborough.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
mfw yarborough.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>35088646
>squirrely school shooter type comes into my shop
>wants me to ignore the law and just hand him a gun without having a FSC
>lolno, graciously let him take the test even though this asshole rolled in right when we were closing
>he finally passes the test 6 minutes after we have to stop transfers
>wants me to jeopardize my license again, saying "it's no big deal; it's only 6 minutes"
>areyoufuckingserious.exe
>then he slaps 100 neetbux on the counter and mumbles about a layaway plan
>try to explain we don't have a layaway plan
>he's already running out of the store like naruto
like a week later
>i see his mom drop him off
>bring up anti autism shields to full power Mr. Spock
>he sees someone else has touched the gun he wants and immediately decides on a different one
>just want this fucking guy out of my store, tell him it's on sale for $40 less than the advertised price
>jabs at his wristwatch calculator for 10 minutes muttering about our layaway plan and "principles"
>we still don't have a layaway plan
>finally gives me his card
>biggest fucking smile on my face as he finally walks out
fingers crossed he'll ND while cleaning it and I won't have to deal with that shit again
>>
File: 200_s.gif (17KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
17KB, 200x200px
>>35087397
>run out of the door as fast as my sock/sandal combo will let me
>>
>>35087830
Point Blank is elder god tier. The one by the Dayton mall is the best range in the area. Vandalia has a better selection of guns for sale (imo) but the range and staff suck.
>>
>>35088861
>just found out yesterday a Point Blank just opened up near me
>see this post
>czech the website
>read some reviews
Merrillville, IN, 10/10 shopping district
>>
File: NERVEGAS.jpg (15KB, 250x233px) Image search: [Google]
NERVEGAS.jpg
15KB, 250x233px
>Hey, do you mind if I see that Ruger 9mm?
>Yeah here ya go.
>I look at the sights and slide and check how it feels in my hands
>YUR HOLDIN IT WRONG BOI, THAT'S HOW YA GIT KILT.
>I'm just looking at the machining, I wasn't trying to "aim" it.
>I ALREADY SAW IT, YOUR LEGS WERE OUT OF POSITION. YOU COULD GET HURT.
>Toss gun onto counter and buy it online later.

Why even? I wasn't aiming or trying to strike a tacticool pose, I was just looking at the pistol. Even worse was the guy was overweight as fuck and trying tell me how to hold myself to not get killed in a gunfight. Motherfucker, I'm just gonna hide behind your dumpy ass in a pinch.
>>
>>35088823
Lol thanks for your response, but some clarifications:
>came in and told them I was buying a gun for the first time, what do I have to do
So it's not like I said "show me your guns now please," I was totally fine with taking the FSC. I felt like I was polite, and I had my actual gun-savvy friend with me to help (works as federal security guard). They should've just given me a heads-up that there might not be enough time afterward.

And I changed my mind for different reasons entirely, the other guy was looking at the same model but the one I actually picked was no longer in the display case.
>>
>>35081245
Because selling guns is low brow, on par with telemarketing in the U.S.
Real sales people sell things that make money.
>>
>>35089189
>real sales people
what a nightmarish thing to be elitist about
>>
>>35088861
Sup dayton bro.
>>
>>35085832
Why the fuck are you selling a 350 dollar RIA 1911 for literally twice as much?
>>
File: CAB89054234.jpg (24KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
CAB89054234.jpg
24KB, 620x349px
>>35087686
>Dead
>>
>>35087769
Are you in the 603? We've had a couple great places open up here in the past couple years, and I'm sure one of them would do that.

Really this thread is reminding me how much more I need to love these shops and help keep them open. Before them it was like 2 or 3 shops, with similar experiences that everyone else was talking about
>>
>>35083369
I go to Turners and they've always been friendly. But I see plenty of stupid customers.
>>
>>35084795
>There was an honest to goodness fudd buying an AR, then backed out of the entire sale when he saw that the magazines were plastic
Did he not know about usgi mags?
>>
>>35089569
Is he okay?
>>
>>35087733
As an amature jeweler, i disagree
>>
>>35082319
I never understood people complaining about muzzle sweep in a gun store. There are a lot of people in a tight space. Youre going to get swept deal with it. Do people think it makes them sound extra tactical or something. Try being in the military you get swept by unloaded guns almsot constantly.
>>
>>35090466
it's violating 2 of the 4 rules and is just plain rude as well. i've been in some hole in the wall gun stores before, and it is always feasible to handle a gun without sweeping someone else.
>mil people sweep each other a lot
shocker
>>
>>35088638
No. Having a conversation is getting the gun that was asked while giving opinions about said gun. If they just try to shoot down a sale without helping the customer (getting the gun that was asked for). They are the autist or at the very least bad at sales.
>>
>>35090466
>I never understood people complaining about muzzle sweep in a gun store
I know what you mean, man. I asked to see a Kimber 1911, and I nuzzled the muzzle right against the clerk's head. I cocked back the hammer as my figure radiated with killing intent. Long story short, I got a big discount on the gun.
>>
>>35083496

People will pay extra for guns they can hold. Stocking milsurp, having a knowledgeable staff that isn't a bunch of offputting chucklefucks, and not gouging every gun by hundreds of dollars would go a long way.
>>
>>35084298
I've worked for a major retail chain for 4+ years, and would love to open a gun store with those sorts of standards, but the demand just isn't there. The mass media and public education brainwashing has severely stigmatized gun ownership. I feel like interest in guns is picking back up among young people, but not to the extent that opening a gun store with the customer service and technology standards of a major retailer would be profitable.

The only thing I could see that might work would be to incorporate other "niche" hobbies and sports products into the gun business. /k/ should open a business with /o/, /tg/, and /a/.
>>
File: dialated.jpg (3KB, 141x129px) Image search: [Google]
dialated.jpg
3KB, 141x129px
>>35081245
As a no guns currently waiting on my FOID card approval, what can I do or avoid doing to not look like an idiot to a clerk when buying my first gun? This genuinely scares me about when I'll have to go in. I do have a specific gun and caliber in mind though.
>>
>>35085036
/k/ as fuck
>>
>>35081245
guns attract a retarded audience.
>>
>>35088698

You must be a real shit gunsmith if you don't check a gun for clear before looking into the barrel...
>>
>>35090696
>This genuinely scares me about when I'll have to go in.

Yeah, you're fucked.
>>
>>35090696
>bathe and dress yourself (this should be obvious but i've seen a lot of gun purchasers who look like thy just woke up after yesterday's pig wrasslin' tournament)
>call and ask if they have X gun in Y caliber
>ask what time they're open and what you need to purchase a gun (FOID, cash, ID, and proof of residence[i do not live in your state])
>go to the store and say hi, reference that you called earlier about X gun in Y caliber
>ask to see it. they will probably want to see your ID/FOID at this point
>at this point, you want to make sure the gun feels right. make sure you can reach the controls, it fits well in your hands, the sights are OK, the stock fits you if it's a rifle or shotgun, and the action feels nice
>if you want to test the trigger feel, ASK before dryfiring. this should be the only time your finger touches the trigger.
>during all this, do not sweep people or make pew pew noises. when testing the sights, do so with the gun pointed at a nice empty stretch of wall
>set the gun back down on the display case with the muzzle pointed away from everyone
>ask clerk about ammunition, extra magazines, accessories (ask if they can throw in some ammo and a few targets if you pay cash. this sometimes works)
>if you like it, tell the clerk you're ready to buy
>???
>no longer noguns, post on /k/
Just tell the clerk it's your first time buying but you have a good idea of what you want. As long as you don't make some cringy joke about shooting up a school or something, the clerk should walk you through the process and get you on your way.
the FOID is a New Jersey thing right? what gun are you thinking of?
>>
>>35090846
he's talking about someone else pointing the gun at him. Look at the quoted post
>>
>>35090939
>set the gun back down on the display case with the muzzle pointed away from everyone
Where the hell do you point it? I'm in front of counter, clerk is behind counter, people are on the sides
>>
>>35081511
he's a lad
>>
>>35090939
Thank you for the big rundown, I definitely appreciate it! Also the FOID is something in Illinois at least, I don't know about other states. Apparently thats all you need to own a gun here, no firearm registration at all. I'll get yelled at because of the recent happenings, but I really like the Sig P320.
>>
File: bro fist.png (160KB, 469x457px) Image search: [Google]
bro fist.png
160KB, 469x457px
>>35091230
>when you forget about diagonals
you're the same guy from earlier that thinks it's impossible to not sweep people in a gun store. if the store is "violating the fire code" level busy, hand it back to the clerk and let them deal with it
>>35091293
big list 4 u
>>35091322
happy to help. stores may be trying to get rid of their p320s because of the whole drop debacle. call around and see if you can find a deal. looking forward to seeing your post. I'm gonna do a pistol caliber carbine thread on monday, see you there
>>
File: IMG_8005.png (11KB, 513x315px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8005.png
11KB, 513x315px
>>35081245
I scared the guys at the gun store a bit who outright told me that "my scrawny self looked like the type that hated guns and wanted to cause trouble". They warmed up to me when I talked to them about the WW2 guns they had on the shelf and had a look at.
>>
>>35081245
>Gun culture full of conservative rugged individualists
>He thinks they're going to play well with others

Never been to a red state have you?
>>
>>35091400
I probably won't be in the thread, I have no idea when my application will clear but I'll certainly post a story about a first timer buying a p320 somewhere in the future!
>>
>>35089758
The ones in Reseda and Oxnard are pathetic. The customers are typically shitty gang bangers though
>>
>>35084191

Because cops have gotten better at shooting first.

>>35085895

Responding to yourself, antifa? Really,?
>>
>>35091322

Fellow Illinoying individual, please keep in mind the three day waiting period we have to fucking deal with for pistols (24 hours for rifle/shotgun). You won't be buying one and walking out the door with it, 'lessn you buy it from Tyrone.
>>
File: mfw.png (1MB, 1092x884px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
1MB, 1092x884px
>wanted buy scope for rifle
>go to a new gun store
>look at several through glass
>ask to see one
>"can't do that, you'll have to buy them"
>o-ok
>decide on vortex scope
>they walk me to the front of the store with it
>wanted to buy some other stuff too but was too embarrassed to get out of buying the scope
>pay for scope with card
>get home
>fucking thing doesn't work with my gun
>fuck fuck now I have to return it
>get back to store
>they almost don't let me return it
>demanded I bring my gun in so they could fit it themselves
>no
>they end up giving me $400 in 5 dollar bills
>stumble on my way out

fuck
>>
File: googly eye jesus.jpg (37KB, 453x600px) Image search: [Google]
googly eye jesus.jpg
37KB, 453x600px
>>35091530
>MFW california has a 10 day period to "cool off"
I already have like 10 guns. if I wanted to cause mayhem, I would've done it already. last thing i picked up was a .22 pistol for fucks sake
>>
>>35091577
The even passed a law that said if you already own a gun, no more 10 day waiting period for you, and of course the fag cops got it tied up in court
>>
>>35085036
Amazing
>>
>>35091498
To a frightening degree. That Tamir Rice kid sure as shit shouldn't have died. And no, that was someone else.
>>
>>35088646
>CA

Stopped reading.
>>
>>35091498
Also cops randomly duck all day long.
>>
File: Tamirs Toy TM.jpg (103KB, 1024x630px) Image search: [Google]
Tamirs Toy TM.jpg
103KB, 1024x630px
>>35091622
I'm not jazzed that Tamir died, look at this fucking "toy" he had. His friend even removed the orange tip. I can't blame that cop for shooting some black kid who points this "toy" at him
>>
File: 1500825193388.jpg (51KB, 510x427px) Image search: [Google]
1500825193388.jpg
51KB, 510x427px
>>35081511
>"Well there are a couple of people at school who are pissing me off"
>>
>>35089829
JUST LIKE I HAD IN VIETNAM
>>
>>35090687
Oh sweet Christ. Can you imagine the turboautism that would contain?
>>
I asked a gun store employee what kind of carry gun he'd recommend, and he said
>" heh, I'm somewhat of a Sig Slut."
And fucking DREW HIS CARRY PIECE AND POINTED IT AT ME
>"is that fucking loaded? Get it out of my face, dipshit. "
>" :-0, I was just showing it to you, gawd"
>>
>>35092332
>Get bored waiting for friends to show up for the night's campaign, buy a couple mangoes to pass the time.
>50% chance players use bullets as counters instead of dice.
>Disputes settled by accuracy contests in the attached range.
>Animu streaming nights.
I would never leave. I'd pay a $500 annual membership fee for that.
>>
>>35092869
What's your problem, anon? Can't handle some banter?
>>
File: carlin its happening.gif (2MB, 235x180px) Image search: [Google]
carlin its happening.gif
2MB, 235x180px
>>35092869
WAT
>>
>>35083536
>You probably aren't going to get spit on being a cashier, or shot at, or have pop-culture think killing you is funny.
I've been spit on as a cashier in a Walgreen's. When someone robs a retail store, who do you think they point the gun at? NOT the person at the cash register? Have you ever walked into a store in Grand Theft Auto?
>>
>>35091812
Yet he lived in an open carry state. And the cop had less than three seconds between opening the door from his cruiser and killing Tamir. And he'd left another department while under investigation for bad use of force. And he'd had incidents during training where an instructor stated no amount of coaching could iron out inherent character issues.

All I'm trying to say is that they signed up for a job that is, supposedly, quite dangerous. I would much prefer that a few cops die in the line of duty than the overwhelming majority of civilians who do. Or, you know, that they go through de-escalation steps rather than immediately lightning up a fucking kid.
>>
>>35087892
Houston? Spring Guns and Ammo?
>>
>>35094066
whether or not it went down in an open carry state is irrelevant. holding a gun in your hand is brandishing and illegal. not saying that cop was in the right for lighting tamir up, just want to clarify that being in an open carry state doesn't allow you to carry a gun around in your hands
>>
>>35094236
It's relevant insofar as it should have given Tamir some protection from immediately being lit up seeing as how open carrying a firearm (this can include in your hands, as has been demonstrated by protesters,) is not a capital offense.

But I am willing to concede it is largely irrelevant.
>>
>>35094305
yeah but nah
protestors part of a recognized, organized protest =/= some due with a gun
again, not saying it justifies getting shot but holding a gun in your hands is definitely a crime outside of niche circumstances (organized protests, defending your life)
>>
>>35090654
>People will pay extra for guns they can hold
just the fudds and boomers that still shop brick and mortar.
their days are numbered, the internet isn't going away
>>
>>35094413
IDK man. i do most of my shopping online, but won't buy guns or boots sight unseen
>>
>>35090141
Of course! He rests very peacefully now, which used to be tough with his nagging wife
>>
File: 1504240088457.jpg (27KB, 457x480px) Image search: [Google]
1504240088457.jpg
27KB, 457x480px
>>35094392
>holding a gun in your hands is definitely a crime
>>
File: 0 fucks punisher.png (69KB, 231x141px) Image search: [Google]
0 fucks punisher.png
69KB, 231x141px
>>35094454
in a public space
you know what i mean
>>
>>35088764
theres a hardware store 30 mins from me with one for 800
>>
>>35083369
Nigga do you work at Turners?>>35089758
You too?
>>
>>35090956
You're right! I always reach around the counter and place it in the case myself!

It shows the employees an extra level of respect for their property, and usually I get a little discount for it!
>>
File: 1501475617188.jpg (64KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1501475617188.jpg
64KB, 600x800px
>>35094464
>$800 for a Winchester 97
Why, just why
>>
>>35094521
If it's all original and from ww1 that's a fucking steal
>>
>>35087686

Severly underrated post.
>>
File: 1501720894087.jpg (22KB, 346x331px) Image search: [Google]
1501720894087.jpg
22KB, 346x331px
>work atta large store that makes most of its profits from the firearms department
>have people bitch daily about the wait to get service
>come up to employees when we're helping other customers with "quick questions" that have no quick answer, or ask us if anyone's going to be calling numbers soon
>as soon as we get to these customers bitching about the wait, they admit they don't have any idea what they want and proceed to fingerfuck as many guns/scopes as they possibly can
>>
>>35081245
think of how incomprehensibly ignorant you were when you first got into guns.

Imagine having to deal with that level of idiocy every day for 8 hours, while said idiots fight back when you provide them with any level of facts, even those as simple as "this drivers license is expired"
>>
File: welcome to K.jpg (122KB, 450x643px) Image search: [Google]
welcome to K.jpg
122KB, 450x643px
>>35081245
1. State enforced monopoly/licensing=no competition
2. strict FFL regulations on record keeping and vetting mean guilty before innocent outlook towards customers
3. most truly shitty gun shops own the property/shop outright and don't have any real overhead besides employees(who are usually shitheel family members) so they turn into barely profitable hangout spots for the owner and his shithead fudd associates

>i always see such poor customer service at every gun shop
maybe you're just a nigger, methhead, or school shooter they know can't pass a background check. Maybe you're just a fucking asshole and in a privately run shop of ~5 guys they have much more authority to tell you to go fuck yourself and get the fuck out than a bigbox

Tales from the gun counter threads lay out why most gun shop employees are jaded as hell and know from experience that 9/10 customers are felons, niggers, illegals, wife beaters, or autistic school shooters.
>>
>>35090466
aim up and behind the counter or horizontal and visibly to the right of the guy behind the counter dumbass
>>
I've only seen this one time, but I imagine it happens all over:
>liberals looking for a "gotcha!" Moment

By that, I mean trying to "trick" or cajole the clerk into selling them a gun illegally.
>2012ish
>inna gun store, window shopping
>guy comes into store, stops in doorway and taps something on his phone, then puts it in his breast pocket
>comes up to the counter and says
>"I have 800 dollars and I want an assault rifle, what will that get me?"
>clerk: "all our semi auto rifles are on that wall, sir, have a look"
>"*autistic pause as he realizes he's gone off script*
>"I need one /today/."
> clerk: "pick one out and we can start the paperwork..."
>"I can get an ASSAULT RIFLE *today*??"
> this is practically screamed into his breast pocket
> clerk: "there's no waiting period on rifle purchases in Minnesota, no. You just need a permit to purchase and a NICS check. "
>*another autistic pause*
>"...and there's no way around that?"
>Clerk: "not from any licensed firearms dealer, no."
> "what if I paid you or someone else to buy the gun and sell it to me? Like, the gun show loophole?"
>clerk: "look, boss: someone selling a gun they own to someone else is just someone selling their property. Buying a gun just to immediately transfer it to someone else is called a straw purchase, and it's federal time."
>"so I COULD get an ASSAULT RIFLE with NO BACKGROUND CHECK if I found someone selling one?"
>Clerk: "alright, get the hell out of my store. I don't know what your fucking problem is, but get out before I call the cops. "
> the guy leaves and smugly taps on his phone on the sidewalk before leaving

Took me a few minutes after the fact to realize that he was recording the exchange. I hate that, in that guy's mind, he just proved to himself and his cuck friends that gun laws aren't strict enough .
>>
>>35090654
>having a knowledgeable staff that isn't a bunch of offputting chucklefucks
having all that and you just become the customer service department for buds gun shop because fucking everything is cheaper online from drop shippers even after shipping
>People will pay extra for guns they can hold.
only fucking idiots and old fucks. everyone under 40 with an IQ to the right of the bell curve is 1930's tier skin flints and will gladly buy a picatinny adapter off amazon with free 2 day shipping for $3 less than jimbobs gun emporium sells it for

I say this as a gun store employee who realizes that the lions share of money made is from fucking dumbass poorfags who'll drop their whole payday loan on a new gun they've gotta have right now and that the /k/ommando/autist/guys who hang around the shop spend $15 every other visit.
>>
>>35095081
you work at basspro too?
delineation of tasks would make that place run like a swiss watch, but of course the salesman has to babysit the paperwork and the FAST system run on potato windows xp computers makes every gun sale take 2 hours.
>2-3 guys acting as salesmen who sell the guy the gun, then immediately hand him over to the 4473 guy
>1 guy in charge of bagging and tagging PAPER 4473s and using the goddamn online NiCs check like everyone else instead of calling it in
>complete sale
>hand PAPER 4473 to back of the house 4473 lady who will then enter it into the digital bound book
>>
>>35095381
shit like this was fucking RAMPANT in 2012-13
>someone comes into store
>sees clerks carrying, eyes go wide
>take pictures of the blackest rifle with the most evil features
>scurry out of store
>>
File: tactical spaghetti fail.jpg (29KB, 480x342px) Image search: [Google]
tactical spaghetti fail.jpg
29KB, 480x342px
>>35081245

Honestly, I've only ever had cool gun shop experiences. One time I had a crappy experience with the safety officer at the indoor range in the basement of a gun shop, but the guys working the shop itself were all cool.

I remember the first time I bought a gun for myself, I had set up a transfer for an online purchase with some FFL holder who ran a small business out of his home. I was honestly socially retarded when I was 18 and when I went to pick up my AR-15 from him I must have been awkward as fuck, but he wasn't weird at all back. Told me to enjoy my rifle on my way out.

>tfw I said "Y-you too"
>>
>>35095491
Cabela's, so close enough I guess. I feel like we have a decent deliniation of tasks compared to other gun shops I've worked for, but that doesn't stop impatient customers from thinking the universe revolves around us sucking their assholes
>>
>>35089606
Shooters Outpost is neat, although some of their employees definitely fit the rude and uncaring bill
>>
Here's my favorite one that happened to me so far

>Be me, work at lgs
>Black dude comes it, says he's looking for a pistol
>Ask him for Carry or home defense
>He says both
>Show him Glock 19
>He likes it till he flips it over and See's 9x19
>Says " 9 mil ain't never killed no body "
>Inward cringe
>Asks if we have any Glocks in " fowwddy ", letting his inner dindo slip
>Show him police trade in Glock 22
>He really starts liking the gun
>See's Sheriff's Department logo from whatever County it came from on the slide
>Says his " Boyz " are going to be impressed that he's a " cop killah "
>Cringe more, sure local PD will love that
>Pull out 4473 and make up bill of sale
>He tells me to wait up, he wants to get get some " clips " and ammo
>Pass 4473 to co-worker
>Hard and fast non approval
>He comes back with ammo and " clips "
>Tell him he wasn't approved
>He gets pissed, saying that's bullshit
>Co-worker already ran his name on " who's in jail "
>Possession and sales of class one narcotics
>He goes full nigger, says that doesn't mean he can't buy guns because it's not a " violent felony "
>Tell him to get out
>>
>>35095720
long time gun store employee version
>4 niggers comes in
>nig 1 wants to buy a taurus millennium g2 because it costs less than $300
>ask for his license
>ask him what his address is
>9/10 times he doesn't live at his listed address
>tell him to come back when his license gets updated
>nig 2-4 asks about if he could buy it instead
>no, that would be a felony.jpg
>sheeeeeit
or
>prescreen nigger
>is felon or domestic batterer or nigger 3 is obviously the guy actually buying the gun and nigger 1 is the only one without a felony conviction
>try to get them caught up on the license thing so I don't have to tell the niggers directly to get the fuck out and activate chimpmode
>tell them to get the fuck out when I can't find a hard paperwork reason to deny sale because of obvious straw purchase.
>use masta voice and talk about 10 years in pound me in the ass prison to prevent indignant chimpout
>>
>>35088096
You the dude who was lubing up his lebel and fapping to Sable?
>>
>>35095355
Right, so you are assuming there arre only 2 people in the store. On a saturday afternoon a lot of gun stores are elbow to elbow and back to back. If you simply set a gun down on the counter, you muzzle sweep the guy at the next row of showcases over. So yeah, I try to be polite and not put the gun in the clerks face that is helping me, as for the others, on a busy day, thats the chance you take. Hell, at a gun show there are literally people around you 360 degrees.
>>
>>35096141
what part of behind the counter or up don't you fucking understand dumbass
>>
>>35090696
>FOID card

Ah illinois. If you're worried about being a sperg at your LGS just buy online. As long as you don't live in cook county, aurora or glendale heights
>>
File: IMG_0129.jpg (86KB, 681x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0129.jpg
86KB, 681x1024px
>>35087276
>Oh I know I will he he hue
>>
>>35083503
>t. never worked as a cop, or in the service industry
Only Jesus Christ himself has the patience for that level of fuckery, unless you are a masochist who enjoys being treated like filth. Fuck off.
>>
>>35081408
I deal with methheads and drunks at a gas station every day and manage to be polite to normal folks and the trash
>>
Just moved down south and everyone is incredibly friendly at every gun ship Ive been in. Its actually really jarring
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
>>35081245
>>
>all these people whining about how mean or dumb the customers are
>all these people thinking this gives them an excuse to be an ass

As a lawyer, I get dumb and/or obnoxious people every day. The difference however is that I love them for that. People who aren't bright are easy to peddle my wares to. Obnoxious people do dumb shit that gets me more business. The way I see it, you're just angry that you don't get to sit on your ass all day doing nothing. If you're going to work in a field that is known to have stupid customers, you better know how to handle them with a smile AND have the wordsmith skills to sell them as much shit as possible.
>>
>>35091433
>Warmed up to you because they knew you might buy a marked up nugget kek
>>
>>35087892
Wanna know how I know you have a grumpy face?
>>
>>35081408
If you don't like to work customer service, why do you work in customer service
>>
>>35091566
How doesnt it work with your gun?
>>
I was told to buy an AK for twice the price of an SKS because apparently the "communists made them so they could shoot 5.56 in the same chamber as 7.62 but SKS's can't"
>>
>>35097399
>constanza.jpg
>>
File: based.jpg (212KB, 976x1024px) Image search: [Google]
based.jpg
212KB, 976x1024px
I RECOGNIZE THAT HELICOPTER GUNSHIP
>>
File: IMG_7362.png (1MB, 1081x785px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7362.png
1MB, 1081x785px
>>35097480
A true patriot.
>>
>>35097488
we are proud of him
>>
>>35081245
Idk but a lgs in my area had me standing there waiting for help for a few mins while the dudes at the counter were bullshitting about Game of Thrones or some shit. I went home and just bought online. Fuck supporting those cunts.
>>
>>35091566
>they end up giving me $400 in 5 dollar bills
Now you can trick women into thinking you have thousands in your wallet
>>
>walk into gun store today
>see they have SKS
>ask if it's chinese or yugo
>it's chinese
>they want $570 for it
>360 and walk away
>>
>>35084191
>only deaths from being killed by a human count
I've never seen goalposts move so fast
>>
>>35097399
this fucking shit. i don' even understand this, even from a fuddlore perspective. Even a child could tell the two cases are different diameters/lengths
>>
>>35084966
This may only apply to Canada
>you can't browse by yourself because all the guns are behind a counter and you can't see the price or the caliber, and you have to ask an impatient employee to hand you every single gun you want to see and he grunts every time he puts one back on the shelf
>>
File: Qdhwgn9.png (2MB, 1600x1256px) Image search: [Google]
Qdhwgn9.png
2MB, 1600x1256px
>>35088861
>Point Blank in Dayton
Dat markup tho
I always go to 22three in Lebanon
>>
>>35097931
If you're talking about the dangers posed to police in their line of duty by others (which is relevant to the discussion of police accountability and use of force,) then it's not so much a shift in the goalposts as much as it is a clarification.
>>
File: alrighty then.jpg (36KB, 291x400px) Image search: [Google]
alrighty then.jpg
36KB, 291x400px
>>35097624
>unwashed neckbeard comes into my store
>i figure if he needs help, he'll ask like a regular well adjusted individual
>clearly not
>guy just fucking stands there, staring at guns and shifting his considerable weight from foot to foot
>uuuuuh, time for a new plan
>his zelda messenger bag has "I <3 d&d" and something about "bad dragon" pins on it
>figure if he likes dragons and stuff, maybe he likes GOT and i can get him talking if he thinks we share a common interest
>still no
>he keeps standing there like a fat statue
>after staring a hole in the gun display case and creeping everyone out, he eventually leaves
>as he walks out the door, i overhear him mutter "wait until I tell Kay"
>who the fuck is Kay?
>>
>>35096502
You make a fuckload more money doing that than I do
>>
>>35087397
5'6" is okay, but 5'11" is more accurate. Get it right.
>>
>>35085832
Should have laughed at him, called him a "nogunz faggot", and kicked him out of the store.
>>
>>35098085

That's your own fault for not getting a higher education. The smart choice is to make guns an entertaining hobby, not what you live off of.
>>
>>35094066
>I would much prefer that a few cops die in the line of duty than the overwhelming majority of civilians who do.

Except you're way more likely to get lit up by a nigger than a police officer. Maybe we should ban them?
>>
>>35099031
Notice that while I mentioned a case where an African American was killed, I didn't say it was purely a race issue. I am saying police kill non-police members of society at an alarmingly high rate. I would be perfectly okay with the inverse, as they signed up for a "dangerous" job, which is a bit fallacious.
>>
>>35094066
The cops were called to the scene because he was pointing his "toy" at cars. When the cop approached tamir pointed his "toy" at the cop.

It's a horrible situation, and it's incredibly fucked up, but if that gun were real, as it should be treated as given it looks real enough, the cop would need to shoot first or risk death. Showing restraint doesn't mean taking a bullet because you don't know it's a toy or not. Your argument sits up there with all the shitlibs saying "why do cops aim for center of mass, why couldn't they just shoot the gun out of his hand?"
>>
>>35098707
I'm going to kill you. Watch out.
>>
>>35084191
>in 2013 only 18 cops were killed by humans
1. Please give me a source
2. It doesn't matter because I know that's blatantly false
3. That figure is from 4 years ago, I guarantee there are more recent ones
>>
>>35098707
>law degree
>smart choice
Ask me how I know you're lying
>>
>>35096141
>On a saturday afternoon a lot of gun stores are elbow to elbow and back to back.

Why I never would shop for guns on a Saturday. Unless shopping online.
>>
>>35096382
>Just moved down south and everyone is incredibly friendly at every gun ship Ive been in. Its actually really jarring

Native Southerner, currently living in the South.

Have some LGS friendly and helpful, some LGS curt and unhelpful. Think of second category as assholes.

Then I talk to a few gun-owning Yankees that have moved down. Turns out my 'asshole' category is their 'pretty nice' category from back home in the north.

Ooops.
>>
>>35099251
No, it doesn't equate to shooting it out of his hand. Watch the video. The cops rolled up on a potentially armed suspect within less than 100 yards of the kid. If I had to guess, it was less than 50 yards even. The cops could have set up a perimeter, given orders over their patrol car PA, taken cover behind said patrol car (despite not stopping bullets, it does help,) or done literally anything besides roll up on a potentially armed person and immediately open fire.

Cops need to show restraint. Cops need to de-escalate situations before they become tragedies. If they can't do that, they should not be cops.

My opinion stands. Given a reversal of the situation, I would have much rather an agent of the state die than a citizen.
>>
>>35099759
>sir please put-
>please put the gun down sir
>sir please stop shooting at me
>sir i'm trying to deescalate the situation, please stop shooting at me
>sir if you wound me again, i am authorized to use lethal force
>please acknowledge that i have advised you of the conditions have been met for lethal force
>the conditions made by some online jackass sir, can you hear me
>>
>>35099871
You can be a reductionist faggot or acknowledge that there are issues that training can fix.
>>
>>35099871
Not enough restraint
>Requesting permission to tell suspect to drop the weapon sir
>.....
>.......
>.......
>Uhhh, permission granted officer dickbutt
>Sir, please put the gun down
>Suspect is shooting at me, permission to once again tell suspect to drop the weapon
>.....
>......
>............
>Uhhh, yes permission to speak to suspect is approved
>Sir, put the weapon down
>Suspect is shooting at me, permission to return fire
>.....
>......
>.........
>................
>D-d-did you get that?
>.....
>.........
>............
>Uhh yeah we're going to have to call this to a vote, please stand by
>.....
>........
>............
>Suspect is running on foot, permission to follow
>Permission to return fire granted

RESTRAINT! WE WUZ KIDS N SHIT
>>
File: lets see.png (356KB, 500x590px) Image search: [Google]
lets see.png
356KB, 500x590px
>>35099759
>suspect pointing gun at passing cars, an immediate danger to the public
>hang out for the ~20 minutes it takes to organize and establish a perimeter (meanwhile, suspect can shoot and kill you or someone else whenever)
>in the meantime you can take cover behind your car, which doesn't work by your own admission
ur a retard 'arry
>>
File: no reference.gif (2MB, 366x206px) Image search: [Google]
no reference.gif
2MB, 366x206px
>>35097480
Afghan's a big place Boss
>>
>>35099949
So you're saying placing themselves in danger was justifications for killing Tamir?
>>
>>35099922
listen dickboy, i've said from the beginning that jumping out of the car and immediately opening fire is unjustified and plain dumb. That being said, rolling up on an armed suspect menacing any passing car and thinking "well, we oughta establish a perimeter and begin negotiations" is plain dumb too. one or two "DROP THE WEAPONs" will get your point across
know what else is plain dumb? ignoring the fact he aimed at a uniformed cop and still recommending restraint
>>
>>35100038
Buy my sweet young babies! Kill more cops, world is a fuck!!! There's no such thing as a fucked situation, it's the cops fault!
>>
>>35081245
There's this one fat ugly dude at my local gun shop who just sits around and holds a rifle all day while spouting fuddlore and making everyone uncomfortable. Conversation was
Fudd: "Are you Japanese"
Grill: "Uhh no I'm Chinese"
F: "Aren't they the same thing? Japanese and Chinese?"
G: "No?"
F: "<turns to friend> Hey that's a good gun you should buy it (spouts more incorrect drivel about the firearm)"

I came in the next day to get some paperwork done for a shipment and he asked me why my friend was getting upset at him for asking questions. I fucking hate fudds.
>>
>>35100038
Very well, at least we can agree on that.
>>
File: bean faec.png (219KB, 450x420px) Image search: [Google]
bean faec.png
219KB, 450x420px
>>35100019
no, tamir aiming at them was
>>
>>35087518
I'd do it.
>>
>>35099949
>>35099871
>>35100038
>>35099945
>suspect pointing gun at cars
>roll up and it's a kid in a park
>drive over the sidewalk, into the park, pull up right next to the kid, shoot immediately

vs
>suspect pointing gun at cars
>roll up and it's a kid in a park
>assess the situation like you're supposed to
>strange but not impossible for a kid to have a firearm
>hard to tell, but not acting strangely
>he's just sitting down at a picnic table under a gazebo, doesn't seem agitated or aggressive
>based on what dispatch told you you know he's been here for over ten minutes with no reports of shots fired or aggression besides reportedly pointing a gun at cars
>keep your distance knowing accuracy with a handgun over even medium distances requires dedicated practice and suspect has not shown any signs of aggression yet BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T DRIVE RIGHT UP NEXT TO HIM LIKE A FUCKING IDIOT WHO WANTS TO GET SHOT, don't expose yourself without a vest, partner covers you (HOPEFULLY with a long gun that you keep in the car)
>knowing that you have a significant advantage as a negotiator being both an adult and a trained officer of the law, you utilize your loud adult voice or the speaker system in your vehicle
>try not to shit yourself in fear at the prospect of having to verbally engage with a ten-year-old
>kid starts crying
>drops gun
>it's a fucking toy
>sure am glad I didn't shoot any kids today!! Love being a cop, omigod.

Not to mention the dispatcher fucked up by not mentioning that the caller reported it was a juvenile suspect with "probably a toy"
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/15/us/tamir-rice-police-suspended/index.html
Police fucked this one up, fuckboys. Even if this had been an adult with a real gun, the responding officers responded in a way that put themselves at the highest risk possible. So that "police can't use restraint or deescalation b/c the world is too dangerous" shit ignores the ways the responding officers chose to maximize the danger to themselves.
>>
>>35095381
>*autistic pause as he realizes he's gone off script*
>/today/
>*today*
>*another autistic pause*
Ask me how I know you have autism.
>>
>>35099759
fuck off niggerlover. point a weapon at a cop, get shot; get that through your thick shovel-toothed skull you ape
or dont. go out with a toy 1911 and aim it at leos like your latest goodified nigger and see how much nigger lives matter
>>
>>35101526
How do you know I have autism, anon? Because I included tone and inflection in my greentext? You realize that autists are often oblivious to tone and inflection, right?
>>
>>35101729
see
>>35101413

People like you want to put cops up on a pedestal, but don't want to hold them to higher standards of accountability than civilians. It's fine by people like you if cops panic and act like retards, but when people do it they deserve to get shot. Then you say "Well it's understandable that cops panic because they're in danger like all the time", as if the cops who responded to the call about Tamir Rice didn't charge headfirst into potential danger like a couple of untrained idiots. You fuck off, and enjoy the extinction of the white race, bitch.
>>
>>35101413
You're almost as retarded as the bootlickers.

>be cop
>probably kinda racist at this point because real life police work
>busted plenty of teens for doing shit that kids shouldn't even fucking know about let alone be doing
>get call from dispatch about an AA male pointing a gun at people at a park full of innocents, families, etc
>dispatch doesn't mention that it's a young person or that the gun may be fake
>roll up on tamir fucking speeding and shit, running code, and literally hop the curb at his ass and hop out the car
>before you can even say shit or get a good look at the fuckstick he's ripping a gun shaped object out of his waist band
>light him up
>realize you just fucking killed some dumbass 12yr old with a toy gun painted black

It aint easy being cheesy.
>>
Sad derail of a decent thread.
>>
>>35101831
Some of the blame is on the dispatcher, yeah. Pretty sure I said that, friendo.

Your response would be better if you ditched the greentext and explained why the police response was appropriate or necessary.

Dispatch cannot possibly give a complete account of the situation. That's why cops and EMS are trained to assess the situation when they arrive. You can't just assume the absolute worst, react in the most dangerous way, and blame the suspect when things immediately spiral out of your control.
Even this, from your own greentext: "before you can even say shit or get a good look at the fuckstick he's ripping a gun shaped object out of his waist band". WHY ARE YOU WITHIN RANGE BEFORE GETTING A GOOD LOOK AT THE SITUATION? What if it had been a violent, armed suspect? They could have had a gun in their hand and shot you as you stepped out of the vehicle. It's indefensible.
>>
>>35095624
Can confirm that working at Cabela's gun counter is pure cancer. We've lost five people in the past month due to retard customers who can't understand basic answers like wait your fucking turn.
>>
>>35101898
>Your response would be better if you ditched the greentext
nah senpai
>police response was appropriate or necessary.
Armed suspect in a populated area threatening random passersby with a deadly weapon
>Dispatch cannot possibly give a complete account of the situation
This is true, but this incomplete accounting of events is often ALL that first responders have to work off of when arriving on scene and frequently provides them with mission critical and life saving info. Sure as fuck beats making a bunch of WAGs about a situation without even having seen it first.
>You can't just assume the absolute worst, react in the most dangerous way, and blame the suspect when things immediately spiral out of your control.
None of these things happened. The worst was not assumed, their reaction was not the most dangerous possible, and tamir is only almost entirely to blame.
>WHY ARE YOU WITHIN RANGE BEFORE GETTING A GOOD LOOK AT THE SITUATION?
They rolled up running code as fast as possible because they don't want randos getting glacked cause they were taking their sweet ass time, then hopped out of the car to escape the tactical coffin it represents while assessing the situation whilst announcing themselves. They didn't have time to wait for a Tac team with marksmen to assess the situation from a distance. This very same act would've been good police work had tamir actually been armed and dangerous as described to them by dispatch.

> What if it had been a violent, armed suspect?
The same as what happened to Tamir. An untrained individual armed with a handgun will only succeed against better trained, similarly armed, ballistic vest wearing opponents that outnumber them by sheer luck or ineptitude on the officers part.
>They could have had a gun in their hand and shot you as you stepped out of the vehicle. It's indefensible.
Highly unlikely, when encountering an armed suspect as a LEO in a vehicle the most tactically sound strategy is to leave the vehicle ASAP.
>>
>>35098707
I work at a gun store while I'm finishing my marketing and German degrees.
>>
>>35101744
Just brush up on your diction, anon, and you wouldn't have to rely on *owo nuzzles bulge* horse shit to tell us your story.
You'll do better next time, trust me.
>>
I've noticed that too as I'm an awkward ass white dude but if you go in often enough and express interest in firearms and at least some knowledge about them MOST gun store owners will soften up. School shooters aren't concerned with the intricacies of things they are only going to use once.

They have to deal with a combination of idiots and dindus all day, and get guns pointed at them by said idiots on the regular.
>>
>>35102234
>getting triggered by someone trying to add nuance to dialogue on a site that doesn't support bolding, italicizing, underlining, or strikethrough

I think your autism is showing. Also, your bantz are weak as fuck.
>>
>>35087796
I really enjoyed the short time I spent in Wyoming. The people seemed really friendly as a whole
>>
>>35102084
>nah senpai
yah senpai
>Armed suspect in a populated area threatening random passersby with a deadly weapon
Wrong. Person brandishing a gun.
Not making verbal threats, not chasing people, not yelling, not shooting, Upon arrival, person is a child sitting calmly at a picnic bench in a park.

>but this incomplete accounting of events is often ALL that first responders have to work off of when arriving on scene
No shit sherlock. That's why you have to use your eyes when you arrive at the scene, because often you'll arrive and find a situation different than what dispatch told you. You have to respond to the situation actually happening in front of you, not the situation you pictured in your mind ten minutes ago when you responded. What if there were a second shooter the caller didn't know about or see?

>They rolled up running code as fast as possible because they don't want randos getting glacked cause they were taking their sweet ass time
Bitch you didn't even watch the fucking video and here I am wasting my time with you. There was no one near Tamir when police rolled up. He was sitting down, at a park bench, when they pulled up. They drove up close enough to be shot by an untrained civilian, when they should have pulled up far enough away to identify the target, take cover behind their vehicle, and get the suspect in their sights.

>>What if it had been a violent, armed suspect?
>The same as what happened to Tamir.
If he'd already had the gun in his hand, you'd be vulnerable to a shot or two while stepping out of your vehicle. No matter how well you stick to cover, you're exposing yourself to close range gunfire when you step out of that vehicle, when you could have parked a little further and used that longgun that you keep in the trunk specifically to give you an advantage over armed suspects. Why run into a close-range firefight?
>>
>>35083503
You talk like a fag. And your shit's all retarded
>>
>>35088001
>25 miles
i have to drive 60. im jealous, anon.
>>
>>35102079
that sucks, 5 people died because of impatience?
>>
>>35096189

Whats up with aurora and glendale heights?
>>
>>35098082

>figure if he likes dragons and stuff, maybe he likes GOT and i can get him talking if he thinks we share a common interest

Not the guy you replied to but if you go through this much mental gymnastics to fucking greet someone you're a bigger sperg than the autist you're imagining.

How hard is it to give a "hey hows it going, anything I can help you with" to a customer?

If I walked in to a gunstore and the guys behind the counter cared more about their own chatting id walk the fuck out too. Fucking 7-11 clerks know more about customer service than that, and they're not selling several hundred dollar items.
>>
>>35104684
How's about this, lad.
My transfer shop is 10 miles out of my way.
Even sells Leninade.
>>
File: IMG_0845.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0845.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>35095998
Yee
>>
>>35106788
I live upstairs from a gun store with $20 transfers
>>
>>35096276
Wow this thread's still up days later...hey faggot, I've lived in the ghetto AND worked in a service job. I've had more contact with human filth due to 24/7 nigsposure than any fucking cop could ever hope to achieve turning in 8 hour shifts for the local PD then going home to a nice, clean suburb. I'm still not a cunt to every random passerby, just fags like you who are asking for it. Police don't even have to "put up" with filth, they have legal authority to crack a monkey's head if it's chimping out. Guess what happens if you do the same to your heroin addict neighbor when she's beating the shit out of one of her 13 kids? That's right, YOU go to jail. Must be nice to have the luxury of never having to deal with that AND going around and bitching about how hard your life is for having to "deal with filth" (i.e. see it occasionally out the window from the safety of a squad car) at the same time.

If you ever catch yourself sitting around trying to come up with reasons why it's secretly ok that you're acting like a cunt, maybe consider that the simpler solution is to stop rationalizing and just not be a fucking cunt in the first place. Every non-cunt human being does this automatically without having to be taught, why do YOU have such a difficult time with it? Jesus, get your fucking shit together.
>>
>>35090696
If you're around the Chicago area gat guns is hit or miss. I've had great service and I've had clerks straight up lie to me.

Just don't be an idiot, be confident, appear to have a base line knowledge of fire arms. Literally browse for the gun you want in the display case.. eventually a clerk (if they do their job) will walk up and ask you if you need help say "durr could I please look at this gun I've been thinking about buying it but wanted to see it in person." Finger fuck it a bit. Or don't no one cares. If you are, just point it anywhere but where people are. if you're going to look down sights and if doing that means having to sweep people then point the gun down so it doesnt do that. Say wow cool neat gun I would like to buy it. fill out the paper work and wow come Back in EXACTLY 24-72 hours depending on what you are purchasing and whoopie now you have a gun. Then contemplate how it took you 18+ years to figure out how to socially interact and make a transaction without being scared of the big man behind the counter.
>>
>>35104595
>pointing a gun at something is now non-threatening
Man so if I point it at the president im not gonna have problems? Or his car? Good to know
>>
>>35085782
>3k in 1k rolls all in 20s?
I have you poor fag
>>
>>35087397
Delete this
>>
>>35082319
Maybe they weren't making eye contact because they weren't planning on buying.
>>
>>35085782
Honestly m8, the customers aren't being stupid for expecting you behind the desk to explain the laws to them. Not everyone can be a specialist in gun laws, and you have an incentive to know them and explain them so your customers can know what they're allowed to buy, so they can, you know, actually buy it and indirectly pay your keep.
>>
>>35084795
>fudd buying an AR

Reminds me of this one time when I saw a fudd was refused a sale by a gun dealer.

>2 days after Sandy Hook
>massive panic buying all over the state
>gun prices, especially everything AR-related, went through the roof
>I had to drive 100 miles to find a Colt 6920
>had to give my CC over the phone just so the gun dealer would hold it for me
>arrived at the store
>long-ass line of people trying to buy guns, ammo, and mags
>one eternity later
>finally filling out the 4473, still have to wait for an approval
>sees a fudd buying a Bushmaster
>he was literally started filling out the 4473
>"yknow, I've always hated these things. But I figure I buy one now as an investment"
>dealer looks at the fudd
>yanks out the 4473 out of his hands
>looks at the person behind the fudd
>"Sir would you like to purchase this Bushmaster?"
>HELL YES
>fudd looks around in bewilderment
The gun dealer basically ignored the fudd after that.
>>
>>35087830

I go to the Deerfield one because I work near there. Fuck yeah Point Blank.
>>
>>35107336
i dont understand. They refused to sell it to him because he intended to legally sell it at a higher profit margin?
>>
>>35107670
Hello Chaim, any plans for Passover?
>>
>>35107670
>legally sell it at a higher profit margin
literally the first yes/no question on the 4473 is ARE YOU BUYING THIS FOR YOURSELF?
>>
>>35081245
Power tripping beta males that get excited on all sides with little to no knowledge and a mentality of firearms they learned from the internet which is hilarious.
>>
>>35087945
ARs are chambered in most cartridges under the sun if you look hard enough.
Honestly I'd like to own AR uppers in 7.62x39 and 5.45 one day.
>>
>>35107670
It's illegal to make a profit when selling guns if you aren't licensed amazingly
>>
File: 1449795387463.jpg (162KB, 638x788px) Image search: [Google]
1449795387463.jpg
162KB, 638x788px
>>35107681
I mean he is buying it for himself.. he isnt buying it for anyone else. He can choose to legally sell it too. I could go to the store today, buy a hand gun, then the next day decide i dont want it any more and sell it. There is literally nothing illegal about a private sale. If he bought it and gave it to someone who is ineligible to purchase a gun for themselves then that is illegal.
>>
>>35102079
I also work the gun counter at a cabela's. Customers are retarded. Assholes come up to me while I'm running back ground checks and get pissy when I tell them that they need to head over to the gun counter and find someone who is free, or take a number if there aren't anyone free to help. People go fucking insane once you tell them to take a number. Then you get the asshole trying to haggle with you becuase they had to wait. Or you get people pissed that you're taking so long at mounting a scope (a service which is done for free)

Almost everyone working the gun counter are decent people, but they all turn sour when customers start acting like assholes towards them. My store has probably close to 10 people quite in the past 6 months, but mostly becuase of shitty corporate mandates that makes thing iniificeint and fucks with everyone's hours.

>>35107794
No it's not. It's illegal to make it a living without a license, but you can flip shit for how ever much you want as long as it's not your primary source of income.

>>35107681
Hoarding isn't against 11a. The dealer is fully within his rights to not sell to someone planning to flip it though.
>>
>>35107794
So people who sell rare guns for more than they purchased them for are breaking the law?
>>
>>35107908
well yeah they can refuse sale at any time for any reason. I was just clarifying that was the particular reason he decided not to sell it to him.

Imagine someone getting butthurt at costco when you go to buy a box of candy bars and they refuse to sell them to you because youre going to sell them for a higher profit margin to people at the train station or something.
>>
>>35107794
No it's not illegal. The gun counter guy was basically told by the fudd that he was buying it with the purpose of resale. That's a gray area of straw purchasing and the gun store guy stayed on the safe side by not allowing purchase.

Anyone that complains about people attempting to gain profits should move to New York or Cuba or some other communist shithole.
>>
>>35106819
$10. Yeehaw.
>>
>>35108386
Fuck, meant for
>>35106828
>>
>>35095720
A non-violent felony shouldn't strip someone of their second amendment rights tho
>>
>>35107327
Not that guy, but in any kind of retail or service industry you are going to get some real dense motherfuckers. Not saying you aren't right, it's just that you need to understand customers can be dense assholes, and it happens more often than not.
>>
>>35081245
Because the majority of gun enthusiasts aren't the brightest individuals to begin with. Combine that with a more aggressive, testosterone fueled persona the hobby and you get an asshole.
>>
>>35081511
I'm getting real sick of this meme
>>
>>35107327
Having actual dealt with people who don't know the law in buying guns, the vast majority of them become belligerent when you try to inform them or stop them from doing something illegal or dumb.

I've had countless people get in my face explaining that having their family buy a gun in their stead when they get delayed or denied is an obvious straw purchase I can't allow (especially since there's video evidence being recorded)

Worse even are when people don't even understand the form 11a and 12d2 are the big ones, and people get pissed when I tell them I can not legally tell them the answer, nor can anyone else, even their scribe and witnesses (if utilized).

Hell, people get pissed in scribe situations as well. Some will even try to argue the witness portion. read the fucking form you assholes, it right on page 3 telling you that witnesses are required.
>>
>>35107066
No, it's obviously not non-threatening to point a gun at people. There's a clear difference between pointing a gun at random cars and people while aimlessly wandering around in a public park (which still merits a police response, dipshit), and pointing a gun at people and verbally threatening them, pointing a gun at people and demanding their belongings, pointing a gun at people and yelling aimlessly, pointing a gun at people and following them, or pointing a gun at the country's highest profile politician.

ONE MORE TIME: Tamir Rice was sitting calmly at a park bench by himself when police arrived on the scene. He was not doing anything threatening when the police arrived. They put themselves close enough to him to put themselves in danger. They put themselves in a position where any hand movement by the suspect near the waistband or behind the back would be a potential danger for them to be shot at close range, and those are two common actions often not given a second thought by the person doing them. And none of you have been able to put up a good reason why they did that.
Thread posts: 283
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.