[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CETME fuckery part deux

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_3217.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3217.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
Is fixing this to where the atf releases my doggo really as simple as pulling the sear out? Anyone got any good tutorials?
>>
File: UziClose50.jpg (718KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
UziClose50.jpg
718KB, 1000x750px
No, you need to also weld in a small blocking bar to keep it from switching to full auto as well. It can say "Full Auto". You just can't switch to it, even if you have a semi-auto sear.

It's super easy, had to do the same on my Uzi build.
>>
>>35080673
No welding tools sadly
>>
>>35080847
Get some keystock, file it to a tight fit and solder it in with some higher temp solder
>>
>>35080877
Sounds easy enough
I was looking in the bubba forums and succh but the answer universally seemed to revolve around a lot of cutting and welding
>>
>>35080847

Neither do I, I borrowed a friends.

If you take the soldering option like someone else suggested -- use silver solder. It holds WAY better than standard solder and is actually approved by the ATF. Standard solder isn't.
>>
>>35080552
You have to prevent the auto sear from being reinserted somehow. Typically you cut the shelf off on a cetme
>>
>>35080673
What? My PTR from the factory can switch to the F setting but it's still in semi. Hell most FAL parts builds can go to the auto setting but it'll just cause hammer follow.
>>
File: gripframe[1].jpg (111KB, 747x633px) Image search: [Google]
gripframe[1].jpg
111KB, 747x633px
>>35081090

There have been several prosecutions against legal gun owners who simply have "FA" roll stamped onto their trigger group lowers which can be switched to. Primarily AR-15's and home builds. The ATF dictates that it is "Constructive Possession" of a potential machine gun.
This is why when IMI released the Uzi Carbine in America, they welded in "blocking bars" on the control group to keep people out of trouble. They also asked the ATF and they approved.
You can buy the parts that switch into FA. But the minute you slap them on a receiver, good luck explaining the ATF. They're a bunch of nice guys and would totally hear you out on it.
>>
>>35081295
Source on this ATF ruling/prosecutions? I've seen plenty of ARs that can do that. There's a difference between than being able to cosmetically go to that setting and owning parts that can be made into a full auto gun.
>>
>>35081424

I'm not going to spoon feed you. Do your own research, it's your ass that's grass.
>>
>>35081464
You made the initial claim friendo. I googled it and found nothing that supports your claim. I've even seen companies make ARs that can do this and have a fake engraved sear pin over the selector. It seems like a pretty big oversight if so many companies don't follow this rule.
>>
>>35081295
>>35081464
You're an idiot. I wonder how the ATF has approved 3rd position triggers like the binary triggers

Or wonder why manufactures of AK receivers have semi only receivers with markings and notches for FA positions,.

Oh wait you are a retard who is making up shit with no way to back up your shitty non existent claims
>>
>>35081626
Not that I'm agreeing with him, but is it really difficult to believe that the atf, known for handing down contradictory rulings, would do something like that?
>>
>>35081464
>Makes outrageous claim
>Expects everyone else to debunk it
>Lack of evidence doesn't mean it don't exist hurrrrrr
>>
>>35081677
First Church of the ATF
>>
File: someone ban this sick filth.jpg (785KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
someone ban this sick filth.jpg
785KB, 2560x1440px
Your move Mr. Law-man.
>>
>>35081665
Binary triggers have been a thing for decades on shotguns, ans now a few years with ARs. if the ATF was gonna do something, they would have done something already.
>>
>>35081855
Op here
I will take this to mean yes, just pull out the auto sear
>>
>>35081861
>Binary triggers have been a thing for decades on shotguns
No.
>>
>>35080552
leave the sear in
live on the edge
>>
>>35082114
The PTR is semi only from the factory. The FAL has a full auto compatible lower but no sear and a semi only ejector block on the upper. Take that as you will.
>>
File: 09KICK2[1].jpg (64KB, 734x563px) Image search: [Google]
09KICK2[1].jpg
64KB, 734x563px
>>35081512

Did any of you not fucking read? You can have it say "Full Auto". You just cannot let it **switch** to FULL AUTO. Open your fucking eyes, Christ almighty. I know /k/ is a special group of retarded fucks but come on. Here, I said:

>>35080673
>It can say "Full Auto". You just can't switch to it, even if you have a semi-auto sear.

>>35081626

Many AR's & AK builds have it but you're unable to switch to it, you fucking noguns. My Tantal build says "FA" but is unable to switch that far down.

Open your mouths, retards. This time it's not a cock, it's a spoon.

http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/HK91-G3-SEMI-AUTO-STEEL-CLIPPED-PINNED-LOWER-PARKERIZED-FOR-CLONES-40p3007.htm

First, here is a G3 lower that has been "clipped & pinned' to prevent you from moving the selector to FA. Why? Because it's illegal, you fucking idiots.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Olofson
http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-7th-circuit/1407580.html

tl;dr

>Guy has an AR-15 with a three position selector switch but is entirely semi-automatic
>Loans to friend who takes it to range
>Gun slamfires
>Gets reported
>ATF shows up, nearly shoots dog
>Prison
>ATF justifies because Olofson had used a lower that had a third firing position
>Hope his family likes visiting him in federal prison

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ak-47/Three_position_selector___/64-125533/

http://theredneckengineer.blogspot.com/2013/08/converting-uzi-fire-control-group-to.html

>Now, as with any semi-auto that is built from what was originally a machinegun, you have to modify everything that once enabled the weapon to fire in fully automatic mode. (...) The next item on the list is the lower, or grip area. A block is welded in place to keep the selector switch from going into the full auto notch.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/atf-national-firearms-act-handbook.../download

Read this.
>>
File: 1504503956831.jpg (53KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1504503956831.jpg
53KB, 500x378px
>>35084110

https://crypticpunk.wordpress.com/building-the-fully-legal-semi-automatic-uzi-carbine/

>Now that’s everything you need to build a semi-automatic uzi carbine. If you are using a full auto gripstick, you do have one two options Option 1: The ATF says you need needs a small piece of metal welded in the Full Auto Grip Stick, to prevent it from the selector switch from being put in full auto mode. Now. I understand your confusion. I am using the Semi Automatic Bolt, and Receiver, and a Semi Automatic barrell, and a semi automatic sear. But since my Uzi Grip Stick is the full auto model, they still want you to permanently prevent the switch from moving to full auto. You need to do this, or you may find yourself fined and jailed. Or you can do Option 2: Buy a semi-automatic grip stick that has only two positions instead of three.

Cont'd

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?50044-putting-on-a-selector-stop-worth-it-or-not&s=237ac62afcd270e8b1b831a8c1bb1f3b

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1037465
And I can keep going, but you dumbfucks wont read it.
You can have the bolt carrier, lower trigger housing, etc. = full auto. It can *SAY* full auto.
>But you fucktards cannot OWN a FA trigger pack on a G3/CETME. If you did, it would let you SWITCH to Full Auto which is illegal; even if modified to only be Semi-Automatic. This is not a hard concept to understand.

I can *SAY* I have a meth lab. I can fucking do it all day until I have the DEA raping my butthole with a latex glove. I can have a sign outside my house saying, "METH LAB".

But if I HAVE a meth lab in my house than I am indeed breaking the law.
>>
>>35082125
Prove it
>>
>>35080552
Hate to be the one to break it to you OP, but your doggo is gone
>>
>>35084110
Clipped and pinned doesn't have anything to do with where the selector can rotate, it's literally just so it'll fit on a semiauto CETME/PTR receiver. The lower in >>35081855 is clipped and pinned.

That case involves a man who had a modified AR with an unmarked third setting that allowed for burst fire. Did you even read what you linked?

>Olofson told Kiernicki that putting the selector switch in the unmarked position would enable the AR-15 to fire a three-round burst with a single pull of the trigger, but the gun would then jam.

>ar15.com
People are literally calling out that guy on the same bullshit claim you are. There's that one guy claiming that he got buttfucked but that's literally just a random guy on the internet with no evidence to prove anything.

>Buba build guide
Not proof of anything, just what he says to do.

>ATF link
Doesn't work for me.

>wordpress site
Same as the redneck one. ATF says do this but I don't have any evidence of such.

>uzitalk
Just talking about the aesthetics of the selectors. Fail to see the relevance here.

>calguns
Lile before, you seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of the parts differences between a semiauto G3 clone and a full auto one.

You still haven't explained how if what you say is true, then why are binary triggers that have a third setting legal?
>>
>>35084110
>>35084126
This would be a lot simpler for you to prove if you would just link to the specific ATF ruling that proves your point instead of a bunch of he-said she-said forum posts and a court ruling that doesn't even match your tldr. I guess you tried to link to the entire rulebook for the NFA but the link doesn't work for me either. Why not just post a screen shot of the relevant page/pages?
>>
>>35084450

There isn't one because he's splurging out. The older Century G3 and FAL imports from the 90's have semi trigger packs (hell the G3 one is some semi only abomination they made) however both will flip down to the "auto". Century assembled thousands of these guns, they've never been recalled, they're for sale all the fucking time, etc.
This isn't even the same tier as the third hole Sile MAK-90 imports. Lots of people regurgitate "ATF facts" when half of the shit isn't actually ATF but Treasury Department rulings and the other half are incorrect interpretations of ATF rulings. IIRC, the Century UC-9's will also switch to "Full Auto" but again, nothing happens.

>>35084450

To my knowledge there isn't one in public, though I'm sure Century has several. What people are getting worked up over amounts to this:

>ATF doesn't want anything "readily convertible"
>From my understanding, with the way most of the semi Uzis are designed, you could swap out the lower with a parts kit one and have some kind of full auto, or be a part or two away from full auto (readily convertible). This is why Century uses an 8mm pin and Vector Uzi's use 9mm pins IIRC. I think Norincos also use 9mm.
>Same with the G3; IIRC, if you were to purchase one of the F/A trigger assemblies and install it without modification and then put a full auto bolt in your G3, it will fire in full auto. Thus readily convertible. That's why also you have the whole clipped / pinned thing.

To give you an older example. Spitfire carbines were ruled to be NFA items back in the early 70's (IIRC). The reason for this was due to the design of the safety assembly; if you flipped the safety up and down while firing the gun, it would fire in full auto. However, clones of said gun appeared on the market (like the Eagle and early Volunteer) and were legal no problem. There was the "open bolt" ruling in the early 80's but this amounts to readily convertible, which most open bolt's are due to the nature of the design
>>
File: IMG_3225.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3225.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
OP returning
Lets keep this shit cetme and c91 centered
I took this fucker iut as it was my understanding this is what differentiates full auto from semi auto, but now the hammer has nothing to lock back. I'm so fucking confused as how to fix this shit
>>
>>35084767
Check out the gunsmithing general thread: >>35033337
>>
>>35084110
>The idiot doesn't know that middle position on an AK is the FA setting and the furthest down spot is semi on a select fire AK

You NEED to select past the Fa setting on a standard AK to get to the semi setting.

Oh wait no you're an idiot who doesn't know the law.

Still wondering how Binary AR triggers can switch to the third position and remain legal.

The cases people got busted was because they had FA PARTS like the FA selector which holds down the tail of the disconnector. This causes hammer follow most of the time but can cause occasional bursts.

That is ilegal

It was the parts, not he fact that the selector could select the FA position that made it illegal you dumbass
>>
>>35081855
I mean... police arent retarded. Two seconds of looking at you and they realize the best place to wait for you is at a gas station when you think you're there on your own will.
Enjoy the 25-life retard.
>>
>>35087204
Police aren't retarded but you sure seem to be.
>>
>>35087268
Gee anon if you are viewed as a threat and have an investigation on you....

You know what, forget it.
>>
>>35087204
>Enjoy the 25-life retard.
>Max sentence is 10 years
>much less if its a first offense
>Court will see >>35081855 and think, he's just being retarded and will MAYBE give hime probation if not just letting him go and telling him to not be fucking retarded.
>>
>>35087293
>we viewed him as a threat because he owned perfectly legal guns
Same could be said of any gun owner m8. The police aren't here to be your friend.

>>35087301
There's absolutely nothing illegal in that pic. If by some chance, I was arrested and taken to court, the prosecutors would have the guns tested and would find that putting it on the third setting does not demonstrate that the guns have been altered in an illegal way unlike the retard in the court case posted above. What then would they charge me with? Shitposting?
>>
>>35081295
Source? Or is this another 922r case where the ATF says it's illegal but have so little legal backing that even they haven't tried to or successfully prosecuted a case?

Either way, my non-922r-compliant StG 58 with an original FCG is staying the way it is.
>>
>>35087355
It's not even that. It's complete bullshit.
>>
>>35087321
>Same could be said of any gun owner m8. The police aren't here to be your friend.
THAT
IS
THE
JOKE
Holy shit I was joking before but you're actually retarded.
>There's absolutely nothing illegal in that pic. If by some chance, I was arrested and taken to court, the prosecutors would have the guns tested and would find that putting it on the third setting does not demonstrate that the guns have been altered in an illegal way unlike the retard in the court case posted above. What then would they charge me with? Shitposting?
Preditation. Not only did you fuck yourself but all of any firearm owners in your state/nation.

Good work... retard.
>>
>>35087379
*premeditation
>the action of planning something (especially a crime) beforehand.
Nice one anon.
>>
>>35087355
It's all lies. Even the "proofs" he posted prove against his own argument
>>
>>35084767
just buy a 0,1 or semi trigger from HK parts and put it in your grip. It will be semi only, all the time, irrespective of what setting you flip the selector to.
>>
>>35087379
>>35087389
My bad, hard to tell who actually believes what that other retard was saying.
>>
>>35087204
>Two seconds of looking at you and they realize the best place to wait for you is at a gas station when you think you're there on your own will.
wdhmbt
>>
>>35088479
>obviously breaking the law
>cant carry or easily access a firearm in public besides a possible CC

>wait for anon to leave their house
>then spring their trap
I'm sure the 'gas station' was just an example; but police do that all the time. Wait for the target to leave their home/area of operation to have the upperhand and element of surprise.
This is not a new thing and it hasn't been since the 1700s.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.