[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kilswitch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Bv5-r4_CAAA68-x.jpg-large.jpg (59KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bv5-r4_CAAA68-x.jpg-large.jpg
59KB, 960x720px
Going out on a real limb here.

Just updated my Kilswitch to 2.5. I have a ton of imagery and DTED I used with 2.2 that I cannot seem to get up and running. My images are in the SD card > IMAGES > (here) directory, but when I try to refresh my image DB nothing gets found.

WHen 2.5 is installed, it creates a folder in SD Card > DPSS, and I've tried placing the IMAGES folder in here but still no luck.

Is there anyone familiar with kilswitch 2.5? I know 99% of active duty dudes have no idea what kilswitch is or how fucking game changing it is. If you're AD in combat arms, get yourself plugged the fuck in... then help me get my shit set up.

Danke
>>
>>35079133

Did you mean to post this on this board?
>>
>>35079133

what cat TLE can you gen with it?
>>
File: xa5265e729.jpg (81KB, 777x301px) Image search: [Google]
xa5265e729.jpg
81KB, 777x301px
>>35079149

It's not classified, the app is freely distributed to all DOD employees and map imagery is available in all sorts of formats through tons of sources. The only problem is hardly anyone knows about it, and even fewer people have any clue how to get in running and use it effectively.

This bitch talks about it on youtube... but I'm not sure if she's praising it or hating it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CyEmeOWKdI
>>
>>35079213

Not sure what TLE stands for, but I'm assuming you're asking about the precision of grids... which depends on the level classification of imagery you're running.
>>
>>35079256

Target location error.

and yeah. you ever work with PSS-SOF? is it that good at its best?
>>
>>35079133
>>35079217
is this what you're using?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_Tactical_Assault_Kit
>>
>>35079295

500x better, because it's in the palm of your hand, integrates with your internal (or external) GPS reciever, and runs on the most up to date and fastest android OSs and hardware. It's perfect for civilian hiking/hunting/offroading applications because you don't need cell service to navigate/view imagery. Just tell a buddy your 8 digit over voice and he can find you instantly. Good luck finding someone in an area you don't know and dont have google maps to help get you there.

You can also do route planning, terrain analysis, text chat, integrate with your VDL hardware, PLRFs, electronically send and recieve CAS 9lines... its the fucking shit but there's no mass dissemination directive, and no one knows how to set it up properly.

I've pulled all my own imagery and DTED, but just can't figure out where they need to go iot run it on this new version.

>>35079332

ATAK is practically the exact same thing, there's slight differences but it's basically the same.
>>
>>35079377
You got a link to this app? I assume unless you're plugged into a military network then it's essentially just a demo?
>>
>>35079403

https://mceits.usmc.mil/sites/mawts1/

If you have CAC access you can pull it straight from this website. I don't really want to publish an updated version to all of /k/ even though it's unclassified...
>>
>>35079435
Well, that's understandable. Sounds like a great app for outdoorsy things, or just to fuck around with.
>>
>>35079486

There's really no alternative. Even if you are using google maps with a buddy, trying to link up without having streets/addresses is incredibly difficult compared to saying "Meet me at 11S MS 1234 5678."

If you have any friends with a CAC card just ask them to pull it for you and email it to you. But good luck getting the imagery to work, because I've spent 3 days trying to figure this out.
>>
>>35079377

i've done digitally aided CAS and it's both the greatest and worst thing ever since you don't have the danger of transposing a digit or writing down a 9 that looks like a 4 or a crappy radio cutting out halfway through a 10-digit grid, but at the same time JTACs get lazy REAL quick about lo-fi talk ons since they assume you're tally target when there's like ten north-south oriented buildings with a car in front of it on the east side of a MSR.
>>
>>35079582

Nothing beats an intelligent on the fly ground operator able to utilize all the tools at his disposal. If you have a VDL and can confirm that the bird is looking at your target, kilswitch makes shit a breeze. Alternatively you have to mark your target physically with some kind of illum on deck, vis laser etc etc you know, but imagine trying to get a drop on a specific building in Mosul a few months ago, when it's all indestinguishable rubble from the sky... and the ground.
>>
>>35079784

yeah. line 7 = "None" is always fun.

i'd like to see the downlink side of VDL watching, but from an aircrew perspective it's best used for me as a confirmer "that chimney is your DPI" rather than to do the initial talk on.

btw spread the word that AF targeting pods can't see fireflys. NOGs can, of course.
>>
>>35079435
Cool, will do exactly that. I take it the graphical files are externally loaded and not included?
>>
>>35079824

It's so fucking useful for me on the ground you have no idea. Even if it's choppy/laggy, I can make use of it. Even if I'm not spinning you up to drop, I can use your pod to know if there's anyone/anything on the other side of buildings/terrain so I can know where I need to orient my attention. so FUCKING helpful I can't even put into words how much easier it makes my life if you slew your pod to an area of interest and can confirm it's empty- or if there's 5-6 MAMs posturing against me.

What platform are you driving up there?

>>35079835

The app comes empty and you have to pull your own imagery/DTED. You can pull from digital globe, NGA and even google earth, you just need to format the files into MrSID. You can also run GRG overlays, ideally the same ones your air is using so you can simply say "I AM IN BUILDING 42 - BUILDING 79 IS YOUR TARGET." Try doing that when you and your attack helo is using paper maps and a fucking map pen.
>>
>>35079907

Fighter. I think the biggest thing is that everybody becomes enamoured of the coolest new toy, and forgets the basics. It's a great value adder, but it helps instead of replaces.
>>
>>35079377
Is there a .mil-issued Android device that ATAK was designed to work with? One article mentioned Samsung phones. I can sort-of use the app but I keep getting crashes.
>>
>>35079907

And yeah, GRGs are money.
>>
>>35080289

anything that runs android. Im using a G-S6
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.