[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flooded Russian Ammo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 7.62_Case_Can_Box_1600x1200.png (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
7.62_Case_Can_Box_1600x1200.png
1MB, 1600x1200px
Hey /k/ I have two 7.62x54r wooden crates unopened and a few of the the non-corrosive 7.62x39 ham cans that were underwater for 5 days. I will be pulling them out tomorrow.

Will they survive?
>>
>>35078500
They were sealed for a reason. They were also sealed with moisture absorbent IIRC. It should be find, but I would open it right now.
>>
>>35078500
if the cans are sealed then boolit is fine
be careful of mold on the wood
>>
Probably depends on how well the bullets were seated into the casings. Some rounds might be fine while other might have gotten waterlogged due to small gaps between bullet/casing.
>>
>>35078536
this was assuming the cans aren't waterproof/resistant. If they are then you're fine.
>>
>>35078524
O/k/ I feel a little better, will pull the cans out of the crates and open one of each of the cans. will report my findings.
>>
>>35078500

Just clean off the cans and sell them during the next panic for 10x. No reason to unseal them. ;)
>>
Unless the cans had defects in them before they got submerged they should be fine. Cans start off as air tight thats why you get the *hsss* (Nice) when you open them. Five days under water should corrode the cans either unless you got some weird pH levels where you live that would eat the metal.
>>
>>35078500
Tilt them around. If you hear water sloshing around, the answer is maybe.
If you don't, then it's fine.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1495051359743.jpg (52KB, 576x576px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1495051359743.jpg
52KB, 576x576px
>>35078500
That x54r is ruined. I wouldn't shoot it, it would probably blow your gun up.

I'll take it off your hands for $50
>>
spam cans should be fine loose ammo is iffy. ive shot bullets that were submerged for 6 months and had a 1/5 failure rate which wasnt that bad 80/100 still worked.
>>
>>35078536
>>35078546
Isn't 7,62x54R surplus waterproofed with tar or lacquer? Norwegian 7,62x51 ball ammo has the tar sealer between the bullet and case, as well as lacquer on the primer
>>
>>35078500
as long as the cans are sealed (ie drunk Ivan wasn't operating the press that day) it's g2g, no way of knowing unless you open it. you could maybe weight them individually and see if one is slightly heavier than the other unless they all flooded, but I'd say that's pretty rare. or wipe them down and tilt them face down for a few hours and see if any water seeps out

>>35079012
I'm a simple man, I see Steve memes I upboat
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.