[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Tikka rifles? Especially the T3 tactical series.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: tikka-t3-ctr-review-4.jpg (458KB, 1000x691px) Image search: [Google]
tikka-t3-ctr-review-4.jpg
458KB, 1000x691px
Thoughts on Tikka rifles? Especially the T3 tactical series.
>>
best mid range bolt action on the market
>>
>>35078398
This. Excellent rifles. Two things you might wanna do, switch out the bolt shroud with an aluminium one, and get a bigger recoil lug. The standard ones are usually not snug enough and may move a little.
>>
>>35078344
How good does it compare to a standard unmodifed Remington 700?
>>
>>35078545
Much, much higher craftmanship, sub MOA out of the box (in .308 and .223 they perform <.5 MOA with good brand ammo) and the triggers are excellent. The scope bases (Sako Optilock) are great too
>>
>>35078557
Thanks
>>
>>35078344
I have a T3 lite in .30-06. Good trigger and great accuracy. Only issue I had was the the fore end was slightly warped and touched the barrel. I sanded it a bit and now it's fine. Didn't mess with accuracy much though.
>>
>>35078398
This, and if you're looking for more long range go with a Sako
>>
File: 20170905_160320.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170905_160320.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
So I just got this shotgun and went shooting last weekend, I love everything about it but the forend and the stock. Does anybody know if the tristar cobra pump is compatible with mossy or 870 stocks? I figure I'll probably end up just taking off the flared portion of the forend with a dremel, it's just too long for me and I doubt the action bar would be compatible with mossy or rem.
>>
>>35078344
Best bolt actions in the price range. Only competitors that come close are Savage and Bergara. Savage makes garbage tier stocks and pretty sloppy actions but have fantastic triggers and accuracy. Bergara is a "literally who" but they make some fucking fantastic rifles based off the Remington 700 action and trigger group, they have some better features than the Tikka but are nowhere as widespread as the Tikkas are.
>>
How do the Tikka rifles compare to the Winchester XPR? It's a bit of a toss-up between the two.
>>
>>35080482
Savage Accutrigger feels weird. Tried it and hated it. Trigger is one of the most important and subtle thing and I hate the fact that it can't just be a simple pull.

I just bought my first 308 T3X hunter and now I'm splurging on scopes and accessories.

SWFA scope, Warne rings, leather slip on recoil pad, butt stock ammo carrier, neoprene sling, Nikon rangefinder.

No bipod.

Can't wait to hit the range.
>>
>>35082609
How does the bolt feel? I've seen videos online that show the bolt gliding with a touch.
>>
>>35078443
>switch out the bolt shroud with an aluminium one
Whats up with this? Is it plastic or something?
>>
>>35083789
It's completely frictionless. But what appealed to me is the fit and finish of the rifle, every lettering, surface is uniform and perfect.

Try that with a Remington.
>>
>>35078344
they have a polished enough website, I could see them shilling on 4chins. how durable is the finish?
>>
>>35078344
I prefer cz rifles, but tikka rifles are nice
>>
>>35084785
Is there any play in the bolt at all? I haven't been able to get my hands on one quite yet, but I'm going to be heading back to the city to check out the Cabelas there.
>>
>>35085285
second smoothest bolt ive cycled after a steyr pro hunter
>>
>>35078344
I really like the Tikka masala.
>>
>>35085909
make one with an orange stock... operate inna designated shitting streets
>>
common wealth vids on youtube always have dudes with tikkas.

a jap shooter i have also shoots tikka on his youtube channel..or was it steyr?
>>
I have a Lite Adjustable in 308 and it's great. I hunt with my Mauser M12 more, but that's more expensive. When it comes to accuracy though, the Tikka probably comes out on top.
Tikkas are fantastic value for money.
>>
File: 1504228309538.png (324KB, 1000x837px) Image search: [Google]
1504228309538.png
324KB, 1000x837px
>tfw Finnish
I really should get into hunting after I graduate and hopefully land a job. I have always liked outdoors and shooting. Too bad it requires jumping through few hoops but still...

>License to hunt
>License for a gun
>License to shoot large game
At least my friends and family have land, so theres that.

How is it in the US lads?
>>
>>35085961
In most states, no licenses are involved except a hunting license, which either involves a hunter safety course or involves simply walking into any sporting goods store/walmart/whatever then purchasing one. You also buy tags which you use to tag your deer. No tag = not a legal kill.

Some animals have no hunting seasons at all and require no tags, such as hogs or squirrels (as long as its private property, otherwise there are seasons in national parks, etc).

Its very easy to get into hunting legally.
>>
File: 1502924309278.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1502924309278.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
>>35078545
Hahahahaha.
Fuck Remington
>>
>>35083832
On the T3 the bolt shroud is plastic. It's aluminium on the T3x
>>
How much does one need spend on a scope to really be able to get use out of the accuracy of a Tikka over something like a Howa or savage?
>>
>>35078545

Fuck man, 700 out of the box is shit compared to anything around its price range. Their AWR model 700 is okay for the price but tikka t3x is arguably the better gun and for less. 700 are only good if youre buying just the receiver and plan to build your own several thousnd dollar gun
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.