[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Security guarding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: index.jpg (10KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10KB, 275x183px
So I'm going to be starting this job soon. In this country you are not allowed have any weapons at all, so what is the biggest heaviest and brightest torch money can buy? Also going to buy a small version in case something actually happens and I can say I clubbed them with the small one.
>>
>>35077962
>In this country you are not allowed have any weapons at all
>biggest heaviest and brightest torch
UK? Australia?
>>
>>35077973

Yes UK. You are allowed to defend yourself using reasonable force the same as any other person but if you get in trouble or not after an incident depends on the circumstances. Not allowed to use anything solely considered a weapon.
>>
>>35078017

Two options, big and heavy. Mag light with the six d batteries. Smallet and lighter, any light with a steel strike surface on the front. Streamlight makes a few, olight. Some take conventiona batteries, others use lithium rechargeables that provide excellent lumens for their size. But nothing would beat a collapsible batton.
>>
>>35078142

Maglight looks good, 6d might be overkill so might go with 4d for the main torch and then a 2c just for show. Good to know its "shock resistant" lel. The law is retarded, not allowed to use a baton but if somebody had some kind of weapon in their hand and you swung and broke their arm with the flashlight that technically counts as reasonable force in court.
>>
>>35078017
Watch out, "reasonable force" might screw you if you use a maglite. The judge might say "Yeah but you could have used your hands, even if he had a knoife"
>>
>>35078340

"Respectfully your honor, I only used a small 2 c-cell torch to strike his hand with the bare minimum of force and did not use my bare hands to deal with the threat to my life because I am not Steven Seagal"
>>
I would assume you're not going to get into any conflict and consider it as an observe and report situation. It's never going to get "quiet.. too quiet"
>>
>>35078017
That's retarded, I wish I could give you the gun rights that no-gunners here aren't using
But I'd try to get away with a technicality, 12" Maglight
>>
>>35078419
"Sorry, but the man you hit was actually refugee, he doesn't know how our customs work yet and was just trying to make a better life for himself. You couldn't have just let him stab you once? You're going down for this one, racist."
>>
>>35078446
except that one time a year or 2 into the job when you're on patrol and you walk up on mohammed aladeen at 2 bong in the morning and he wants to lop your head off with a dull, rusty ginsu to satisfy his false prophets bloodlust.
>>
>>35078446

Its unlikely BUT still possible that at some point you are patrolling a construction site at 3 a.m. on your own and come across a group of raving crackheads armed with knives/hammers/screwdrivers whatever trying to steal some copper/a microwave whatever and they are not going to take kindly to Paul Blart telling them to fuck off due to the circumstances of them in fact being crazier than shithouse rats because of the road that led to this point in time.
If you just let people rob shit all the time and only call the police who arrive 4 hours later its not going to look good since you are supposed to deter them and not just list down what people steal.
>>
File: index.jpg (4KB, 278x181px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4KB, 278x181px
>>35078472

I dont know about real guns something non-lethal like a tazer or pepper ball gun would be nice
>>
>>35077962

Relocate to a better country.

The UK is too far along its state of decay.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.