[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will it blend?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_3311.jpg (48KB, 800x232px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3311.jpg
48KB, 800x232px
So I want to buy an AR. However since i live in fag york im limited to buying pic related. Not happy with this dumb shit, and im going to school here i cant move for a few years, so i might as well make the best of it.

That being said, i think ARs are so neato that i would also like to buy another upper and a pistol grip and a collapsable stock and hang them on my while or somewhere that isnt a lower assembly. Of course i wouldnt do something illegal like putting them on a rifle!

My question is: can i legally buy this crap in NY as long as i never attatch it?
>>
No you cant. If you have the ability to build the rifle in an illegal configuration, ie all the parts are on your property, you are breaking the law.

You could dip the lower in a block of hard silicone or something. That would be good enough for me and they would never find it in a search.
>>
You don't need to save them. There won't be a magic AR parts famine in the next few years. Even some Democrats are arming up.

If you want to protect the Second Amendment, encourage that.
>>
>>35077804

Well suppose i have my fag version AR already built, as well as an extra upper, pistol grip, etc. Would this be illegal since i have no extra lower to assemble those parts with? Or does having a lower assembly (even fully assembled with compliant garbage) on the property make it illegal to have. I suppose i could always let my friend borrow all those spare parts that i definitely wont ever illegally attach since he thinks ARs are neat too.

You have no idea how fucking infuriating it is to be bit by the gun bug and have the money to spend on all this cool shit only to be cockblocked by some faggot nerd who says its illegal. Fuck this gay state.

https://chriscollins.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/collins-introduces-second-amendment-guarantee-act

Can only hope something like this gets passed in the next few years before im finished with school. Id really hate to move away from a place i otherwise enjoy live in because of a stupid arbitrary law.
>>
>>35077804
It's not illegal to have the parts it's illegal to have it assembled in an illegal way
>>
>>35077895
If the spergrage is too strong, buy them out of state with no paper trail, cosmoline them or give 'em a thorough bath in CRC or Boeshield inside and out, seal them in plastic with dessicant.

Next, line a suitably large box with clear plastic sheet. Place bagged parts inside. Fill with expanding foam having left about double the room in the box. Place an innocent bagged object like a notebook etc on some sheet atop that and finish with foam. Label box "laptop" and stash it.

It's pretty stupid to crave living where your government is totally evil. I GTFO the Northeast in 1981 and life in Red states is much better, plus you add to the voter pool who are pro-2A.
>>
>>35077775
Technically you COULD have a friend from out of state(one that doesn't register firearms) and he could give it to you, but that would be very very illegal so you should definitely not do that
>>
>>35077775
You need to come out of the closet already you pathetic fuck.
>>
>>35077930
>It's not illegal to have the parts it's illegal to have it assembled in an illegal way

Unless you can cite the applicable laws for OPs state you have no proof for your legal advice.

OP needs to go to a real firearm legal resource like NRA ILA. Also ask in https://www.ar15.com/ forums which are much better than /k/ could ever be.
>>
Op get the spur and Patrick Henry grip. It's really good for simple communication trolley because your middle finger gives you so much leverage.

The thordson stock is usable but imo it's not very comfy. There is a stag arms thumb hole stock where the thumb hole is covered up but it's not as control able as the thordson or the Patrick Henry
>>
>>35078059
>Unless you can cite the applicable laws for OPs state you have no proof for your legal advice.
You can't cite that merely having a pistol grip is illegal.

The safe act identifies rifles with illegal features, it says absolutely nothing about owning those parts separate of the rifle itself. They can't convict you of any violation for merely having the pistol grip not on the rifle
>>
File: Neutered 2.0.jpg (411KB, 1402x1488px)
Neutered 2.0.jpg
411KB, 1402x1488px
>>35078059
The "illegal" parts are lawfully sold in every gun store in NY. You can buy telescoping stocks, pistol grips, foregrips and other parts legally. In NY, you can have evil babby-killing 'salt accessories on your AR-15 if you had a 10 round mag permanently welded into the magwell. It is not illegal to possess a cucked AR-15 (OP's pic) and the evil babby-killing parts separately. It's "illegal" to have them installed.

That said, most LEO agencies either don't enforce the SAFE Act or have outright stated they refuse to unless a second crime was committed. Nearly every county and hundreds of municipalities have passed formal resolutions of condemnation against the SAFE Act. Nobody in upstate gives a fuck. And like myself included, 96% of NY'rs who own "illegal" "assault weapons" disobey and have them anyway because SHALL NOT BE FUCKING INFRINGED.
>>
>>35078149
>That said, most LEO agencies either don't enforce the SAFE Act or have outright stated they refuse to unless a second crime was committed.
Be careful of the state police. They do give a fuck and they'll nail you for the safe act violation if they want to. Other local cops don't care which is great
>>
>>35078149
You know what's funny? I can't buy 30 round magazines but I can go to Vermont or Pennsylvania and buy a 30 round mag and no one will give a fuck
>>
>>35078167
You can still buy ammo online in New York and they can't see fuckall
>>
>>35078167
I stock up at Pennsylvania gun shows.

>>35078158
Yeah, the state cops are tyrannical dicks. Municipal police and counties mostly don't care.
>>
>>35078188
Ammo has to be shipped to an FFL. Can't ship direct to your house. Many online stores refuse to ship certain parts to NY, like mags that hold more than 10 rounds. Also can't even order pepper spray online. Have to drive out of state or go through FFLs. It's fucking retarded here.
>>
>>35077935
I dont see the need to stash the stuff if it isnt illegal to have. From what i understand its only illegal to have that shit on a rifle (ie an illegal baby killing assault weapon) but by themself they should be legal. Then again the laws are so intentionally convoluted its hard to tell.

As i said, im stuck here for about another 3 years because im going to school here. Once i have my cert im probably going to move, because its expensive to live here and because of gun laws specifically. This place has always been my home and id hate to leave it but if the pendulum doesnt seeing back im going to have to.

>>35078004

No u

>>35078067

Ive seen the patrick henry grip by itself and it seemed dumb since theres no good way to grip with it. But i never saw the spur - that makes it WAY more useful. Is it really more comfortable/useful than the thordson? I might actually opt for that instead.
The stag arms one seems plain retarded so i wont even consider that one.

>>35078149
This makes sense to me.You can have every evil babby killing feature you want if you are dumb enough to make your AR a fixed magazine rifle - i already have an SKS which does that exactly that but better so going that route would be stupid. I figured keeping the spare parts themselves would be fine for this exact reason - as long as they are not attached to a lower capable of taking removable magazines, they *should* be legal.

Unfortunately for me, i live on long island, so i am basically utterly fucked as far as being able to peacefully disobey the law. Theres no backwoods to go shooting in, and the ranges here are very strict (even though they have fuckloads of "repeal SAFE" signs about) simply because they dont want to be liable for allowing that shit and getting fucked by the long dick of the law. That being said i know people with "illegal" ARs - but they cant ever use them so theyre basically pointless.
>>
>>35078211
Yeah it can be shipped directly to your house. Many online gun distributors will including midway USA and target sports USA

The online registry for ammo sales was deemed unconstitutional by a federal judge along with 7 round mags and shit

Until NY gets that shit rolling I can buy all the ammo to my house that I want
>>
>>35077775
I'd rather not own an AR than buy that stupid pile of shit.
>>
>>35078211
https://www.targetsportsusa.com/ny-safe-act-online-ammo-sales-p-58633.aspx

That part of the safe act was suspended
>>
>>35078341
>>35078407

The backround checks part was. You still have to ship to a FFL though. Or at least the websites i buy from wont ship directly to me. Fortunately theres a LGS not to far away that charges only 10$ per entire shipment.
>>
>>35078471
No you don't, you never had to before and since this provision was revoked you can get it right to your door
>>
>>35078471
Target sports usa

They'll ship to your door
>>
>>35078471
I order ammo to my door all the time in NY through Target Sports, it never had to be shipped to an FFL, people only did that because of the talks about background checks on online ammo sales. Since that's failed there is zero reason to have ammo shipped to FFLs now.

OP, just buy a parts kit and a lower and a non releasable mag catch. You can store away a normal catch somewhere and your rifle can have all the baby killing bits you want on it.
>>
>>35079005

Never heard of targetsports before. Which is surprising because they have competitive pricing and dat free shipping. Gonna give them a try next time i order ammo, thanks for the heads up.

As far as mag catches, i feel like id much rather go the removable mag route. I feel like a piece of me will die inside every time i have to reload the rifle by opening the whole thing up rather than just popping a mag in. Granted, i would have to get an additional upper and grip + stock (for hanging on display on my wall ofc) which would be a lot more expensive - but i really cant see myself being happy with a fixed mag AR. I already have an SKS for a top loaded stripper clip rifle; why get a rifle that is also top fed but requires breaking down the rifle as well to load?
>>
NYer here.

This isn't a legal argument by any means, but the understanding here is that it's fine to own the stuff.

A lot of people here just have a regular AR and fix their mag with a maglock to demonstrate compliance.
>>
File: TYPE_II_NYS[1].jpg (37KB, 602x158px) Image search: [Google]
TYPE_II_NYS[1].jpg
37KB, 602x158px
>>
>>35077775
put a brace on it.
>>
>>35077775
Be a helpful blo/k/ and see if they make similar stocks for an ak, many thanks to you and your kinfol/k/ if you can get an image.
>>
>>35079182
I personally have a featureless rifle with a spur grip and one of those shark-fin style grips I switch between and it works fine for me, but since you wanted evil features the mag lock is simple and easy to do. Plus if you shoot on private land you don't /really/ need it. Where in NY are you at? I'm down in Westchester.
>>
>>35080288
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1179131
>>
>>35077775
gimped stock and a belt fed upper. fuck magazine laws.
>>
OP the best thing you can do is buy a stripped lower and then build the AR you want and then put a mag lock on it so you have to pull the rear take down pin to load the mag. This makes it compliant by the laws ruling although the state has never explicitly said it's legal. I wouldn't recommend buying a prebuilt legal rifle as they're generally low end ARs marked up 60+%

>>35077930
This. The retard saying it's illegal to possess the parts is confusing NY law with federal ATF NFA weirdness. To my memory there's nothing in the safe act with "intent to assemble". Some gun stores even give away the original pistol grips and stocks from converted rifles when you buy them.
>>
>all these Calguns tier pussy footing and fear mongering
No one is searching your house for illegal pistol grips and collapsible stocks, no one gives a shit. If you're this terrified and cucked go and hide them under your floor boards, no one is ever ever ever going to find them and to top it off ITS NOT ILLEGAL TO POSSESS THESE PARTS
>>
>>35080331
Not exactly what I was looking for but it will do. Maybe I'll just hop onto a flight to NY and browse a few gun shops myself.
>>
>>35080722
The local gun shop here sells AKs with the kydex grip wrap that CA guys use, it's a super sketchy grey area but they haven't been raided by state yet so
>>
>>35080382
Belted ammo is illegal in Jew York
>>
>>35080473
Went to a gun show in Middletown a month ago they were selling all parts separate to build an AR and disassembled 30 rd mags all at the same table.
>>
>>35081600
My LGS sold a bunch of incendiary .303 on links for $20 that my friend and I totally did not buy.
>>
>>35081435
I hate those grips, trying to avoid fins like my life depends on them.
>>
>>35081741
Good god you couldn't pay me enough cash to move to CA and put up with that shit
>>
>>35079555
what is this called exactly? I really like this
>>
>>35081600
No its not

Its really funny because the law specifically states MAGAZINES

Nothing with belts

so one of those M249's in semi-auto or what ever with a gigantic 200 round belt of 5.56 is totally legal
>>
>>35083732
nevermind it includes clips, magazines and belts
>>
Better hope the SAGA act passes to get rid of all this shit
>>
>>35077775
You almost got a penta gg
>>
>>35077775
Yes

I was wondering how strong neodymium magnets were. I wonder if you could put a magnet in the receiver and one in the grip and see how strongly they'd hold. Then when you're done shooting you rip it off and put the gun away. When a cop sees it he can't see anything but your stubby ar15
>>
>>35081628

Holy shit you live in Middletown? I live in Middletown.

Tell me about yourself anon this is exciting as shit.
>>
>>35086558
You guys should hook up and fuck
>>
>>35086558
No I live in the city I just went by there for the gun show in fishkill and checked gander mountains for sales that weekend.
>>
>>35086558
Sup fellow OCNY bro
>>
>>35087263
Where is middle town relative to Albany?
>>
>>35088005
2 or 3 hours South I think
>>
>>35077775
Seriously though what fucking regulations turn a straight stock into some weird bent stock in an effort to minimize sandy hook?
>>
>>35088035
Fugg that might as well be NYC for me
>>
>>35088046
Only retards and mentally ill would buy such a thing.
>aka the shooters
>>
File: ares-defense-scr-shipping-3.jpg (46KB, 1581x371px) Image search: [Google]
ares-defense-scr-shipping-3.jpg
46KB, 1581x371px
>>35077775
There's this annoying doctrine called "constructive intent" which they can use to nail you for a weapons charge even if the gun isn't in an illegal configuration as long as you have the parts to assemble it into such a configuration.

Personally if you live in a cuck state I recommend the Area/FightLite SCR
>>
>>35088049
NYC is 5 hours
>>
>>35088046
The state is retarded and the definition of a pistol grip is erroneous as fuck and Cuomo pretty much left it up to a federal just because he's both fucking retarded and knows no one will try and challenge it
>>
>>35088061
From Albany? No its not. NYC is about 3 hours away from me its only like 150 miles
>>
>>35088063
We're in a state that elected a blind black guy for govenor we have no chance.
>>
>>35088073
Maybe I hit traffic going through the city and that was my extra 2 hours
>>
>>35088060
That's even more ugly than the thordson stock ar15
>>
>>35088075
Nys judge thinks it's OK for Cuomo to instantly make up a 300 page bill, gather up a few congressman in the middle of the night and pass it through his office to sign the next day because "well its for a good cause"

I swear the NYC judges basically ruled that the excessive cost of pistol licenses being unfair is actually fair because well that doesn't matter and it deters criminals

Seriously they jump through the most bullshit mental hoops to justify the shit laws
>>
>>35088089
I like it. It looks more like a rifle and less like a pile of pvc pipe that was left in the oven too long like most cuck stocks.
>>
>>35088117
Looks like they took an sks, removed all the wood for polymer then gave it a quadrail

It's tacticool looking shit
>>
>>35088005
~1.5 hours if you take 87 South to 84 West to Middletown.
>>
>>35088183
>retrogrouch
Opinion discarded
>>
>>35078363
The only "good" thing that ever came of these retarded laws is the HK SL8 because it's fucking beautiful
>>
>>35088351
I bet you think sporterized Enfield look cool
>>
>>35078149

God Bless Anon
I live in commiefornia and I am having this same problem trying to acquire a normal ar-15. I might mill my own lower and assemble the entire thing myself. Shall NOT be Infringed.
>>
>>35077775
Fuck that.
Get yourself an SU16A. By keltec. Its a good rifle that is cheap and easy to customize
>>
>>35088384
Just because I appreciate modern rifles doesn't mean I think historical rifles should be mutilated, Grandpa
>>
>>35077775
here's an idea: if it's illegal to have an AR, why not just buy a different rifle?

>bbbut muh modularity!!
all you'll be using are the gay rails for gay glass and every gun has rails now. most if not all guns have aftermarket triggers and furniture too

>>35081741
how are you even supposed to hold this? do americans not have thumbs?
>>
>>35091325
I got an AR because it's a cheap semi auto rifle that's easily made non compliant should I be out of state and mags are like $6 at gun shows. I'm planning on getting an AK too soon but you just can't beat the variety of parts that an AR offers. As for the grip wrap, it's kinda silly but I personally don't mind it, you just place your thumb forward or in a thumbs up shape sort of, depending on the gun it's on.
>>
>>35077804
new york does not have constructive intent the way the fed does.
oddly enough you can have all the parts of an assault rifle and as long as they are not assembled, you are not in possession of an assault rifle.
possession requires that is be able to fire.
>>
>>35079555
that is surprisingly not completely hideous
>>
>>35087263
You're in OC too? I'm the Middletown guy from a while ago. I'm back home just checked. Where are you?
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.