[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So we all agree these guys were the scariest division in all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 23

File: 3rd SS TOTENKOPF.jpg (98KB, 350x351px) Image search: [Google]
3rd SS TOTENKOPF.jpg
98KB, 350x351px
So we all agree these guys were the scariest division in all of modern warfare right?
>>
>>35074738
get the FUCK off my board nazi
>>
>>35074738
>ragtag fuckwits led by a deranged mongoloid
>best at anything but shooting civvies for giggles
>>
>>35074738
Kaiser Wilhelm II>Adolf "Austrian Corporal"Hitler
>>
>>35074758
/K/ likes Nazis more than leftists.
>>
>>35074738
>shoot at civilians because muh untermensch
>terribly ineffective in combat
>lose 300 officers in France
>gets encircled and lose 80% of your men while everyone else is tearing the soviets a new asshole in 1941/42
>an entire column of tigers lost to starving Poles during the Warsaw Uprising

lmao
A "scary" unit would have to be an effective one. Carlson's 2nd Marine Raiders, British SAS, Gurkhas and the Soviet 3rd Shock Army were all more terrifying to encounter than these psychopaths who could only kill defenseless POWs and civilians.
>>
>>35074738

>So we all agree these guys were the scariest division in all of modern warfare right?

No.
>>
>>35074758
what a faggot
>>
>>35074738
>Scariest
More like this creepy fucker. Literally leading a band of thieves and rapists.
>>
File: Oskar.jpg (50KB, 472x785px)
Oskar.jpg
50KB, 472x785px
>>35075044
Forgot picture.
>>
>>35074758
>>
File: safetycamps.png (85KB, 460x480px)
safetycamps.png
85KB, 460x480px
>>35074872
Attacked by the entire world.....
>>
>>35075071
Yeah but it wasnt that SS unit that held the line against them.

The humble but proud Wehrmacht was the true fist that kept punching in all the endless wars that the stupid leadership (made up of idiotic political loyalists) who got Germany in all those wars to begin with.

Shit like the Luftwaffe field regiments poaching hundreds of thousands of elite recruits and turning them into cannon fodder or wasting insane amounts of resources to keeping the peace in occupied countries and building completely impractical and poor quality 'wunderwaffe'.
>>
>>35074738
nah...probably a roman division...or some mongol sub horde
>>
>>35074738
The SS were awful as frontline combat units. They excelled as paramilitary, rear guard, and military law enforcment, but they lacked the fundamental training, supply structure and support of the Wehrmacht Heer to be effective on the frontline

In select scenarios, the Waffen managed to hold their own alongside the Wehrmacht, and sometimes against inferior foes their indoctrination made them extremely courageous, but it was not their intended purpose.

Hitler used the Waffen wrong. They should have been used to replace military police in occupied territory, perform guard and garrison duties inside government facilities, and act as overseers for local militia garrisons and volkssturm.
>>
>>35075152
>modern
Learn to read you fuckwit. Fascist italy was no roman empire
>>
>>35074738
Most terrifying division of modern warfare would be air units, honestly. Napalm, nukes, huge fuckin' bombs, long range missiles, gun runs, paradrops and insertions. You name it, if youre a dude with a rifle fighting some shitty war, seeing and hearing everything around you go up in absolute flames in a split second with almost no warning is absolutely terrifying.
>>
>>35074738
I would go with probably any of the other regiments truthfully. Although they performed well. They were not as feared as other units or combat prowess etc.
>>
>>35075335
Says who... In Army of Evil, Black Angels and like just about any other book you pick up even their enemies rated them as elite with few exceptions... Their combat prowess is undeniable. The only country where there is debate during the war was in Germany the Heer were displeased and rightfully upset about political troops rather than the German Army. If you want you should read the US War Department documents where they figure out what the actual effectiveness of different German Units are. Or the British reports where there is a quote that says approximately. The Waffen SS is a new breed of German soldier one that could bring and end to Rule Britannia
>>
>>35074758
go away commie
>>
>>35075588
do not forget about the Soviets who published two different publications one for the front line grunts and one for company grade officers and above. The grunts got the propaganda of Germans = not an entire German division is worth one Russian fingernail in combat and that if you die. It is your fault. It is actually quite amusing to read
>>
>>35075616
I admit I have yet to read a commie source on them.
>>
>>35075616
Link?
>>
>>35075588
>any book
You have failed to note the distinction that everyone (including SS veterans!), other than Tottenkopf apologists, makes between actual Waffen SS and them.
Their primary role was that of camp guards, secondary roles of rear area security and anti-partisan operations were added later, where they "enhanced" their reputation for atrocities.
Their actual combat record against regular forces was poor, verging on abysmal.
>>
>>35074738
They were a bunch of tryhards, had a reputation for very questionable tactical decisions.
>>35075044
>>35075051
is totally on point, the 36th Dirlewanger (named after Oskar Dirlewanger, the guy on the pic, its commander) division was basically a group of deranged psychos that knew too much about how to kill to have their skills wasted on prision. Initially they just recruited poachers, the idea being that they would be good shots and sneaky, but the scope got broadened afterwards... basically ended up as an execution squad that did the dirty work in retaliation ops against resistance units.
also, what would you fear the most, some skull patches or pic related? also just look at the guy, i mean, doesn't he look AT LEAST like a child rapist?
>>
>>35074738
That's not the Brandenburgers. SS is much of a meme as the Republican Guard, Guards, Fusiliers or any other political titled unit.
>>
>>35075588
Says their combat track record. The SS got their asses handed to them time and time again in combat, even though they were in the same horrible situation on the eastern front, Heer units performed better on a much more consistent basis.

The SS were propagandized as elite soldiers near constantly, but the truth is they were simply the armed wing of the nazi party. They got shitty leftover equipment, shitty handmedown uniforms, worse rations, worse combat training and worse command stuctures for combat. Their entire stucture was more of a national paramilitary police than a fromtline combat force, and yet they got used as a frontline combat force as justification.

>the waffen ss are a new breed of german soldier
THEY LITERALLY WEREN'T THOUGH YOU LARPING FAGGOT. They were normal soldiers under seperate command. No special breeding or training was done.

>end rule britannia

THE NAZIS LOST YKNOW? IF THE WAFFEN WERE SO UTTERLY AMAZING MAYBE THEY WOULDNT HAVE BEEN UTTERLY DESTROYED, DECIMATED AND OCCUPIED BY THE SOVIET UNION

I support a militarized and nationalized Germany, i support the invasion of the soviet union and a fight against Stalinism and Bolshevikism. I do not support retarded usage of rear echelon units, and absolutely incompetent military commands and decisions that led to the complete annihalation of nazi germany
>>
File: 1503550910837.gif (4MB, 313x238px) Image search: [Google]
1503550910837.gif
4MB, 313x238px
>>35074738
>brainwashed edgelords best known for mass genocide of civilians
>scary

If you were a civilian on occupied land, then sure, they were probably scary, because people who are inclined to kill you just for fun and will not face any repercussions for doing so tend to be scary.
In actual armed combat? Probably not so much.
>>
>>35074738
can i get a non meme answer about what SS divisions where elite or preformed exceptionally in combat actually heer also
>>
File: Bomber600.jpg (20KB, 213x300px) Image search: [Google]
Bomber600.jpg
20KB, 213x300px
I'd shit my pants more going up against these guys
>>
>>35075055
... but number four is accurate.
>>
>>35075956
I hate honk so fucking much
>>
>>35075928
breed
has a different connotation here killer.
Where what are your sources?
It is difficult to win a war when you only have two belts for your machine gun for your platoon against a flipping regiment...There is no reputable historian who would support this
>>
>>35075688
I was referencing that even when the Totenkopf pressed into service as front line forces
See The Story of the SS. They performed "well" ish
Where are you getting your info from? curious
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 327x154px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 327x154px
>>35075928
they created the basis for modern combat. The majority of small Unit tactics of the United States and the majority of NATO is copy pasted from the tactics developed by both the Heer and the Waffen SS. Even the greatest of weapons can be brought down with enough numbers... by your logic lebron James is not a good basketball player if he played against 1 on 14 game and loses...
>>
File: 1502237434564.jpg (163KB, 1081x851px) Image search: [Google]
1502237434564.jpg
163KB, 1081x851px
>>35076239
>>35076254
>>35076262

What took you so long?
>>
>>35074872
This.

I would add the jap assholes into the mix but honestly they are scary cuz they did bad shit to civis and had no empathy. They weren't scary to encounter in a firefight.

Royal marines, for example, was another story.
>>
>>35076272
Hmmmm sure is weird that all this anti /pol/ sentiment showed up on all the other boards after the election.

Ive been on this site for over half a decade and until the last year and a half the extent of anti pol posting was an occasional complaint, now everywhere you go it's >>>>/pol/, it's almost like some group is trying to divide and conquer this website.
>>
File: tumblr_ojmvwu3ULS1tii3ypo1_1280.jpg (148KB, 960x643px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojmvwu3ULS1tii3ypo1_1280.jpg
148KB, 960x643px
>>35075971
1st and 2nd SS were the most incredible units of the war, SS Wiking was greatly feared on the eastern front, the "ghost division" was an exceptional wehrmacht unit.

Also the 12 SS was pretty fucking good for a bunch of kids, even as a green unit they shitstomped several American, Canadian, and British divisions during the Normandy invaision.
>>
>>35076553
>turn the crossboard /pol/ raids and shitposting up to 11 pre-election
>even people who voted Trump don't like it
>MUST BE A CONSPIRACY

Literally the new furfags. Everyone hates furfags, and everyone hates unctuous political astroturfers, and you're both, because you just can't keep it in the board where it belongs, because you're so soaked through with it that it fucking defines you as a person at this point.
>>
>>35076553
I've noticed it too. (((some group))) wants to get their claws on 4chan badly.
>>
>>35076631
Stormfront?
>>
>>35076595
>implying your political and racial identity doesn't define you as a person
>keep it where it belongs
>le containment board meme
Gee I don't see any rules saying "this is a safe space, all racism and nazism belongs on /pol/". Why don't you go to reddit if you can only handle pc approved viewpoints?
>>35076635
Nah, kikes.
>>
>>35076572
>even as a green unit they shitstomped several American, Canadian, and British divisions during the Normandy invaision.

No they didn't

Even if they did, they weren't a "bunch of kids". They were led by extremely experienced officers and NCOs, their instructors from depot. They were, on average, 18 months younger than their western opposition.

And they lost.
>>
>>35074758
>my board
no this is your board
>www.reddit.com
>>
Sure, early war SS formations were highly trained,highly motivated infantry. But as the war dragged on, conscription caused a drop in quality, along with reduced training time. On the earliest units can be considered a true elite. Late war divisions (outside of 9, 10 and 12 SS) were average at best, downright war criminal scum at worst. (13 Handschar 28. Russ, 36. Dirlewanger).
>>
File: Laughing Trump.jpg (67KB, 413x395px)
Laughing Trump.jpg
67KB, 413x395px
>>35074738
>Regularly got their asses handed to them when they tried to do anything but kill civilians
Wehraboos dickriding the SS will never not be hilarious.
>>
>>35074738
yeah some village around my hometown in France remember these fuckers quite fondly. Not.
if anything they proved meth was a hell of a drug, that whites can be niggers too, aaand nothing else.

in b4
>le oy vey good goy meme

just because I hate what some ethno-supremacists did doesn't mean I like what some others ethno-supremacists are doing. Neither does it mean I don't believe in the preservation of ethnicities. Neither does it means I like savages.
Thanks, now git out.
>>
>>35076635
Holy shit somebody actually fell for that fucking meme?
>>
File: Pepe dab.png (55KB, 554x400px)
Pepe dab.png
55KB, 554x400px
>>35076643
>Nah, the NY Jews who literally owned this board from day 1
>>
>>35075706
>child rapist
well Dirlewanger was put in a concentration camp before the war for sexual crimes
>>
>>35076647
Average is soldier was 26, 8 years older
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.