[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looting in a disaster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: lwbs.png (344KB, 534x401px) Image search: [Google]
lwbs.png
344KB, 534x401px
I remember a month or two back when an anon was talking about how "Preppers suck because I'm just gonna shoot and loot them." or something along those lines. So now that Houston is happening, does anyone have any stories about someone successful or unsuccessful in proving him right?
>>
There were a couple unconfirmed anecdotes of looters being shot in Houston
>>
>>35073326
>Preppers suck, I'm gonna try and steal from them while they're doing what they fill their shitty MRE-fueled lives with

Looters have probably just stuck to malls and shoe stores so far
>>
>>35073326
I would say that i've seen actual indications of SOME looting going on. Not going off of anons bullshittery or anything but that there were 40+ reports of looters in one county according to one source(frankly dont remember) and a couple reported acts of armed robbery of people for their boats by individuals pretending to be in need of rescue. Take that with a lump of salt though until everything shakes out.

Gonna go ahead and posit that looters trying to kill people that are fighting defensively in pre planed positions(ex where they live) are likely in for a Bad Time. Nothing like being greeted by rifle fire from multiple positions...

OTOH ambushing people preppers on the move isnt impossible but pretty unlikely in your typical SHTF situation. Be surprised if it even happened.

Most opportunists aren't looking for a fight with armed and aware opponents.
>>
>>35073545
I like Texans polite but with a plan to kill everyone they meet
>>
>>35073359
What were they like? Who was telling them?
>>
>>35073326
http://www.caller.com/story/news/crime/2017/08/26/police-homeowner-shoots-intruder-citys-southside/604549001/

http://abc13.com/galveston-cops-seek-harvey-looting-suspects/2359656/
probably not prepper related
>>
>>35074169

>>35037519
>>
>>35074225
>One hour after Harvey made landfall

This is actually common down in Florida for looters to start looting during the storm. We had a 16 yr old during Wilma I think riding his bike around the neighborhood breaking into houses. He did it in an upscale neighborhood and only got snowbird houses he knew were out of town for the storm.
>>
>>35074296
post sandy all the looting stories i heard were about people breaking in during the height of the storm too.
>>
>>35074331
Fucking South Florida is full of shit during and after the storm.

>Beat up Vans full of hispanics scoping out neighborhoods.
Fuck illegals. They steal whatever isnt bolted down during storms. They stole the next door girl's bike and she was only 9 during the eye passing over.

>Black kids on bikes
Same as the illegals. If they're not from around, get ready for a return trip that night only they're more likely to break into the houses that aren't shuttered or boarded.

>White trash in trucks
This is honestly the worst of the three. I can justify people stealing because they have a want and a need. Not that its right but still. But then you get the white trash that rolls in from out of town off in the deeper woods and start vandalizing shit because they have nothing to do.

>Snowbirds or Northern pricks who live here during the winter and summer
Get mad at me for owning a truck. Says its "ugly" and they want the neighborhood to look nice. Hurricane comes. They didnt evac. "Uh...Hi anon... could you use your chainsaw and truck to get this tree off my Mercedes?"
>>
>>35073593

Sounds like they follow the path of St. Mattis.
>>
>>35073326
If they are looting a grocery, I get it. Some are just shitty people but it is an emergency.

If they are looting a best buy double tap to the fucking skull. We don't need these people in our society.
>>
>>35074438
wow, sounds like your neighbors are assholes
and or boomers
>>
>>35073326

Not sure. I do love this vid of how this nignog is protecting his store.

"Don't go back into that store! I'm only telling you one time! I'm not scared to shoot you! I'm an ex swat deputy, I'll cut your fucking ass in half" All the while he's walking around with a shotgun in hand.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R_GhtfUUR7s
>>
File: 1422557123612.jpg (174KB, 643x580px)
1422557123612.jpg
174KB, 643x580px
>>35074438
>"Uh...Hi anon... could you use your chainsaw and truck to get this tree off my Mercedes?"

Sure, going to need you to give me the value of you next two auto payments and a blowjob first. No? Ok, I'll drive my ugly POS someplace else, haha.

Btw your implication that whites committing crime is somehow worse is hilarious. Crime is for niggers but the punishment is the same either way. "Equal under the eyes of the law" Lol
>>
>>35074954
based nig
>I am a surgeon with this shotgun
>>
>>35074438
>"Uh...Hi anon... could you use your chainsaw and truck to get this tree off my Mercedes?"
>never happened
Richfags won't give a fuck. They have insurance, hoss.
>>
>>35074899
Its common. People living down here outside of their income and trying to put on a false image that they live in luxury. It all goes down the toilet once the animals or hurricanes come
>>
File: parappa the prepper.jpg (429KB, 896x600px) Image search: [Google]
parappa the prepper.jpg
429KB, 896x600px
git preppd
ste preppd
>>
>>35073326
The most serious 'looting' in Huston was some cops helping themselves to shit while 'searching for trapped people'.

People LARPing and pretending it's Mad Max down there are pretty fucking laughable, with tough guy signs.
>>
>>35073326
Looters get shot because they do not know how to do anything right. Peppers survive because they do many things right.
>>
File: 1484012271193.jpg (2MB, 2833x1877px) Image search: [Google]
1484012271193.jpg
2MB, 2833x1877px
>>35073490
Nah man,

Ive seen a TON of pictures on twitter and instagram of people (see black people) breaking into expensive houses.
>>
File: 1488876281056.jpg (35KB, 483x604px) Image search: [Google]
1488876281056.jpg
35KB, 483x604px
>>35073326
Honestly in Houstons situation if you loot food and water its considered survival. More than likely if the stores in water they have to replace the merchandise anyway. If you're not stealing 28 inch rims or a 4k tv then I don't see the fucking problem.
>>
>>35076790
Yeah but honestly if I was scavenging for food and found small valuable electronics, I'd probably slip one in my haul. Maybe a game system or something fun. TVs are too big.
>>
File: IMG_0525.jpg (70KB, 499x484px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0525.jpg
70KB, 499x484px
>>35077400
>t. Jerome Williams III
Kys
>>
>>35074331
We had some looting in my neighborhood during Sandy. Mostly houses that were only occupied during the summer.
>>
>>35076790
>>35077441

>stealing is ok as long as you only steal important things

waipepo
>>
>>35077441
kek
>>
>>35077441
>when you just nutted but she's still suckin'
>>
>>35077400
If the owner wanted to go to the store and see what's salvageable after or during the storm and found people stealing he would have every right to shoot though. People will take the chance and do what they want. Besides food, medical supplies, hygiene and such. People should be punished for acting like its a free for all cuz it just creates more chaos. But I see where you're coming from, if I lived next to best buy I wouldnt watch 100 brand new iPhones go to waste. If they dont have flood insurance its their own fault.
>>
>>35077496
You missed the point entirely. If you ran out of water and food in a disaster I think you would swin to the nearest grocery store and take what you need rather than die. If not then Ok, kys.
>>
>>35077549
This honestly makes sense. If you know merchandise is going to be destroyed regardless why not take it. Better to put it to use than to have it end up ask trash, the store has to replace it regardless.
>>
>>35077566
Or be a responsible person and prepare for disasters so you arent "forced" to steal things from people.

If you want to go box up all the iphones at best buy and keep them safe and then return them to the store owner after its all over fine. But taking one cause "they gonna break anyway" is stealing. It isnt your property and you deserve to be punished accordingly if you take one. For those of you reading that dont have this same parasitic viewpoint, understand that this kind of mindset is what causes chaos during a natural disaster. Its what allows people to justify stealing and yes, even murder ("they gonna die anyway"). Dont encourage it, or even humor it.
>>
>>35073326
>an anon was talking about how "Preppers suck because I'm just gonna shoot and loot them."

That's the kind of person you'll see on the news a few months later found guilty of several murders because they gunned down a family for the MRE they received as relief aid thinking the dad was a prepper and TEOTWAWKI lurks around every corner.
>>
"I was just looking for some food and water. Can I help it the shop also stocks expensive electronics?"

If only food and water was your backpack haul, you might get away with it. With the valuable goodies in there, I'm not interested in your food and water story.
>>
>>35077621
"I'd rather have a bunch of iphones get destroyed by water than grab one and actually make the resources used to produce it not be wasted"
>durr its the same rationale as killing people
Fuck off white knight, if its somewhere that isn't going to have their stuff destroyed then you absolutely deserve a buckshot sandwich for stealing from them but huge corporations that are going to lose the stuff regardless isn't really immoral to take stuff thats going to be ruined.
>>
>>35074267
that shit was full larp. he said he was skull grazed by a bullet and kept going like nothing happened. my ass
>>
>>35077642
"Id rather kill them quickly than have them die by drowning and have to suffer"

Sound familiar? It is when you do not own it, and were not granted permission to take it. both legally and morally. "But there is no legality in this situation and morals are for pussies" fine then. Take it. You are simply feeding the viewpoint that causes the shit that goes on when society faces a minor problem.

Youve just done a slightly better job at attempting to justify it.
>>
File: sign-2-1024x537.jpg (74KB, 1024x537px) Image search: [Google]
sign-2-1024x537.jpg
74KB, 1024x537px
>>
>>35077621
What can I say, not everyone is responsible. Some people live paycheck to paycheck. It doesn't mean they deserve to starve or die. Because they were low on food when the shtf. The fuck kinda person are you to say that they deserve to be shot for feeding themselves?
>>
>>35074598
Agreed. People needing food, water, batteries, I get it. Go for it.

Taking TVs, shit like that, fuck you.
>>
>>35077728
I didnt say they deserve to be shot. Im only saying they deserve to be punished accordingly. Our society makes this possible. Its just hard to enforce when its a natural disaster.

And thats fair. Not everyone is responsible, but if you cant be responsible you cant claim you deserve to steal someone elses stuff to survive. That is a self defeating and parasitic mentality that cannot be rewarded.
Otherwise people will continue to be unprepared and continue to steal when they feel they need to.

My policy prescription is as such. Prepare to be self sufficient for a time to avoid reliance on others. You dont get to steal from others just because you are hungry and thirsty, find someone willing to help. Our country has shown that with the amount of charity given for Houston during these times.

Dont encourage degeneracy. It will only allow people to move the bar PAST stealing neccessities and start justifying stealing shit like TVs and phones.
>>
>>35077728
>>35077756
>they don't know life is a competitive pvp environment
>not thinking natural selection applies to humans
minorities were a mistake
>>
>>35077787
This is me.

>>35077789
THIS however is not me. This person can go die in their Naturally selected hole.
>>
>>35077621
>store food and water in your pantry
>house now underwater
Good call, those dumb Texans should have known to hang all food and water from the tallest tree on their property
>>
>>35077818
Or move it somewhere where it ISNT underwater. THERES a concept.

Also it doesnt matter what situation you are in. Stealing is wrong. Period.
>>
>>35077818
Holy fuck Texans MUST be dumbasses if they cant even see the rising water levels and think to move their basic necessities somewhere where they wont get water logged. I mean do you think they just stood there watching the water rise about an inch a minute and not think "shit, better go move the food and water to the roof or something."
>>
>>35077549
I guarantee you food items that are perishable will be tossed after a natural disaster. Even if the power is, the FDA states that after 15 minutes everything has to be tossed.

I'm sure the stuff that doesn't have to be cooled but had been in a building that had flooded would have to be tossed as well, it's all up to the FDA.
By stealing it you're likely doing the shop owner a favor, less shit for the trash can.
>>
>>35074954
It's not even his store. He just got really fucking fed up with looters and decided he was going to defend a neighbor's.
>>
File: hq720.jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hq720.jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
>>35077874
gotta prioritize
>>
>>35077787
Thats fair, I would notify the establishment I took food from after the fact but thats just me hypothetically. And I would pay them back for what I took but im sure most major food retailers have insurance and would decline payment. Nobody can sell shit thats been underwater legally anyway.
>>
>>35074983
>slavs keep moving

I just want to shoot my kalashnikov and drink my vodka in peace
>>
>>35077874
They were told to not evacuate the city numbnuts by the mayor
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.