[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live in the wonderful Jew York, thankfully its upstate but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: bl07_house2_jpg_2537777g.jpg (22KB, 438x430px) Image search: [Google]
bl07_house2_jpg_2537777g.jpg
22KB, 438x430px
I live in the wonderful Jew York, thankfully its upstate but still cucked with gun laws. I'll finally be moving out of parents house soon and need a gun for home defense, what would ypu reccomend? In a non commie state if go with an AR, but due to the 10 round fixed mag limit i feel the advamtage is lost. Im experienced with guns but only personally own bolt guns, what would you reccomend for.home defense? Pic vaguely related
>>
>>35069451
First learn how to type.

Next, buy the AR anyway, go to PA, and grab some mags.
>>
>>35070372
Pretty much this. If in Albany move the fuck out of the city limits and then go for cc. Also avoid Schenectady Troy and Hudson unless you want to need to use something and go broke defending yourself.
>>
>>35070906
I live in elmira, crime just keeps getting worse
>>
Pump action 12 gauge. Maybe an ar. 10 rounds of .223 is a lot of firepower, plus ars are easy to reload quickly. Or just use your bolt action. I mean, if you have any centerfire long gun you're better armed than the intruders.
>>
>>35069451
hows the revolver market in ny?could you pick up some retired cops wheel gun?
>>
>>35073147
Not as familiar with the area but if you have to go the shotgun route look for #1 buck to feed whatever you get. Other than that buy or build an ar till you get a pistol permit
>>
>>35073720
Plenty of options but need a permit to purchase/own and a different one to carry
>>
SKS was my first semi auto I got with my own money in cuckstate NY

Also just don't comply if you want an AR build it and keep it to yourself
>>
>>35073793
Basically its a poor town (used tp be much richer but most everything is vlosed now apart from clerical jobs and box stores, exceptions being Kennedy valve and howell), also a big drug problem, and as were a prison town, lots of basketball americans from big cities as we have a maximum security prison
May go the AR route, trying to move away from here but i dont make much money as is.
>>35073694
Youre right, but manuverability and follow up shots in the dark arent easy, also most are scoped for at minimum 50 yards, the only open sight bolt gun i have is a lee enfield from my great granddad which has been passed down to me which i dont want to use as i cpuldnt live with myself if that heirloom sat in impound forever
>>35073808
Not 21 yet so still a year away from getting a ccw permit
>>
Wasr-10. AR's are great, but next time the gun grabbers come, whatever you have is gonna be grandfathered and that'll be it, period, so get something that'll last like an AK or an FAL
>>
>>35073147
EFA or SHS?
>>
>>35073894
This honestly. Sks is a pretty easy get where ever you are and an AR is pretty easy to un fuck. Not sure how your area is but I take mine to the range all the time and no one bats and eye. I've yet to get too PA for mags so I couldn't speak to that. I'm sure it's not that much of a problem though
>>
>>35069451

Get a Tanker Garand.

http://www.fulton-armory.com/fultonarmoryusriflecal762mmm14-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-2.aspx
>>
>>35077008
EFA, tho my senior year they merged
>>
>>35079101
small world, HHS here. no more good LGS around anymore, scotts and rock stream are good to go. if its your first gun purchase, i too would look for an SKS, or an 870 with 20" and full length mag.
>>
>>35073147
>Elmira
Oh shit nigga. Ithaca here. Get you a CC permit.
>>
>>35079507
Still a year away from that
>>
>>35079831
>>35069451
>>35077392

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/james-river-xm1e2-w-bipod-detail.html?Itemid=0

With:

https://www.lehighdefense.com/collections/ammo/products/308-winchester-145gr-high-velocity-controlled-chaos-lead-free-ammo?variant=1063921720

And you'll be gravy baby
>>
File: xm1rifle (1 of 19).jpg (150KB, 1000x540px) Image search: [Google]
xm1rifle (1 of 19).jpg
150KB, 1000x540px
>>35080297

Woops, pic related.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.