[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

9mm budget gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5487.jpg (47KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5487.jpg
47KB, 600x600px
I'm looking to spend under $600 on a 9mm pistol to shoot recreationally.

I'm looking at the glock 19, Jericho 941 (bebop fan), and the sig p320

Anyone who has actually shot any of these guns please chime in.
>>
>figure if you want striker or hammer
>realize hammer is better
>buy a cz
>>
>>35066108
I don't really have a preference. The only semi auto I've shot (and the only pistol I own) is a Ruger mark 1, and the trigger doesn't bother me.
>>
>>35066084
I never shot the Jericho, but I fingerfucked one at a gunshow. I did not like the grip (hump and fingergrooves) and I found the polymer frame to be extremely cheap looking - Glock and Walther have much better finished frames. The Jericho is probably sturdy but it doesn't look good.
>>
>>35066084
find a surplus jerico,

other then that just get a glock 19 MOS. you will think about optics one day and you'll want to mill. this way you don't have to.
>>
>>35066084
owned an sp01,
currently own g19 and p320.

both are good, but the g19 has a better after market.

the market with the p320 is kinda unsteady after the whole drop thing.
>>
>>35066166
I think unless something really bothers me I'll keep it stock
>>
>>35066084
I normally would recommend the glock, but if you are strictly going to be shooting recreational, get a metal full size gun. Beretta 92/M9, cz75, p226, or maybe even a 1911. All of these are super popular, have a good aftermarket and shoot like tacks. If you look out for deals, you can get some of these for about that. I just got a 92fs with g10 grips that looks barely shot for $500 on Armslist last week.
>>
My step dad has a jericho. It's a nice shooter and feels AMAZING in the hand, but that God damned slide. That tiny little fucking slide you have to manipulate with the tips of your fingers... really makes it a dealbreaker for me.
Glock 19 is basically the best all around handgun I've ever owned(I've owned most of them), and my EDC. It doesn't really do anything specific great, but it does do everything good.
>>
File: pistols.jpg (2MB, 2000x1500px)
pistols.jpg
2MB, 2000x1500px
>>35066084
If you really want to go for the weeb Bebop angle, you'll need an older KBI-imported slide safety model, rather than the arguably more comfortable frame-safety models or the Magnum Research imports like pic related that I own.

Jerichoes are really comfy range guns, and in my opinion better out of the box than the CZ75 it's based off. Smooth double action, very nice single action, and nice ergoes for me at least. The main issues you'll find with the Jericho are the hefty weight and nonexistent aftermarket. It also has a tiny slide and possibly a slide safety that can get in the way, so it's definitely range or night stand duty only.

Glocks have aftermarket out the ass and are basically the standard for polymer striker 9s these days. Out of the box it does nothing incredibly well, but nothing incredibly bad. I've shot one a decent amount but never bought it because the ergoes, looks, and trigger didn't cut it for my tastes, and I'm not big on the idea of covering a gun in aftermarket just to make it decent.
Glock haters and Glockfags aside, it's a solid, if not a bit overpriced, pick that you can't really go wrong with as long as the ergoes agree with you.

I don't have a clue on the P320 but the whole drop safety business is something to keep an eye out for. Ignore Glockfag memes about muh bore axis because it barely makes a difference unless you're going for absolute high-speed low-drag racing.

If it's just for fun times, I'd recommend the Jericho since big boy metal frame guns are comfier to shoot and things like rails, concealability, and the like are irrelevant so you can be less utilitarian about it. You also get to be a space cowboy if we're just talking style.
>>
>>35066221
Just wondering, do stores still carry the p250?

Nearly all my local stores have been closed for the past 2 days so I haven't been able to ask
>>
>>35066254
I actually have some (probably retarded) concerns about a metal frame gun. I'm not very fit, and can't shoot my Ruger mark 1 for long before my accuracy/stability go out the window.

In that case is a plastic gun going to be better, or will shooting a heavier gun help me?
>>
>>35066084
>p320

Double action only sucks ass.

>Jericho

Gtfo with this bs. Unless you can buy two of these for the price of one Glock, it's not worth it.

>Glock 19

Literally a perfect gun in every functional regard, like the AK. It has grips. They were made for hands. Probably not human hands. It's more accurate than you are. It goes bang whenever you press the bang switch. It works flawlessly.

Being unique does nothing for you if you're absolute garbage at shooting.
>>
>>35066280
For any (not stupidly crazy) handgun, there shouldn't be an appreciable difference between the half a pound or so a metal frame adds over polymer. I don't know what you mean by 'for long' but you should be able to shoot for at least 30 minutes before you start seeing any kind of fatigue. I'd try to start working out more, you don't even need to do a crazy amount. Look up a bodyweight routine and either do a circuit 2-3 times a week, or split it up and do upper body one day, and lower body the next 5-6 days a week.
>>
>>35066302
Both the 320 and glock are striker fired.
>>
>>35066280
Exercise is free nigga, and it's like a 1lb difference. If you shoot it enough you'll get used to the weight, even if you're not actively trying to train strength.

Also if you're worried about wimp shit like that, heavier guns have softer kick.
>>
Go with a Canik TP9SFX. It's the best straight-out-of-the-box pistol you can get for under 600 dollars.

Spend 400-450 on this and spend the rest on ammo.
>>
>>35066356
I'll look at them. I always thought with the quality of 9mm handguns rising we'd see something like the canik.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.