[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bullpups is overrated, agree?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: L85.jpg (96KB, 800x318px) Image search: [Google]
L85.jpg
96KB, 800x318px
Bullpups is overrated, agree?
>>
nope fuck you, bullpups a best
>>
yeah
>>
Some are, some aren't.
>>
>>35062506
Can't be overrated if they are not rated at all.
>>
>>35062506
Honestly they're not that bad ergonomics wise provided they have some form of lefty-friendliness. I didn't mind using a Tavor at all except for that god awful mag release. The Kel Tec bullpups IMO are really nice ergonomically.
>>
>>35062506
imo, it's a remarkably fun weapon to use. Sure, it's a little heavy, but the sling is world-class. If you do use it, be sure to at least get issued one with the metal forward furniture with picatinny rails and grippod.

Most of the A1 downsides have been solved in the A2, probably the only thing I still don't like is that the large amount of exposed working parts means it does need some attention to clean, but it's still a 15 min job to do once a day and maybe an hour once a week or so if you've been on the range a lot.
>>
>>35063425
I quite like the look of the Kel-Tecs, but they missed a trick not including a brass catcher.
>>
>>35062506
Fuck yes, slower reloads, shitty triggers, can't go around a left hand corner without exposing your whole body...

As a Southpaw the Only ones that I actually like are the PS90, and KSG.

The FS2000 is ok in that I can actually shoot it... but it's too bulbous and plastic feely, like a giant super soaker
>>
Designing a bullpup is a huge pain in the ass too, weight distribution is always been a problem
>>
>>35062506
Yes
>>
>>35062506
Nah bullpups are better than everything else
>>
>>35062506
I've never seen the L85 with a carry handle
>>
>>35062506
Obviously, they are the fedoras of guns.
>>
>>35067061
Thats the shitty iron sight they issue to rear-echelon troops, thereby making one of the world's shittiest rifles even shittier.
>And we gave up the mighty FAL for this
>>
>>35068425
The carryhandle was never issued in combat. All rifles were given SUSATs to go with them.
>rear-echelon
>shittiest rifle
>gave up the FAL
hello falseflagging americuck
>>
File: 1455911080231.jpg (193KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1455911080231.jpg
193KB, 1280x853px
>>35062506
more like underdeveloped. When engineered correctly they blow conventional rifles out of the water in terms of performance.
>>
>>35062506
Worst rifle I've ever fired.
>>
>>35062506
Some people think they are the god's gift to infantry weapons, some people think they are the worst thing ever devised by man.

Slower mag change- Doesn't matter in real life*

Shorter length- Useful but can be achieved with shorter barrels and/or folding stocks

Can be shot left or right handed- just like regular firearms

Shitty triggers- doesn't matter in real life*

*in real life- when the weapon is used as a weapon ie: home defence, SHTF, or battlefield scenarios.

The bullpup format can be useful in certain scenarios, detrimental in others, and completely identical to standard rifles in still others.
>>
>>35069643
The bullpup format has niche advantages over action over grip layout and no disadvantages that are relevant to a professional army.

Most people who think action over grip is the be all ended all are glucouse blooded Americans who think the AR-15 is the greatest mechanism that could ever devised by man.

Personally I defer to Israeli expertise; they hand out itty M4s to their rear line troops and Tavors to their front line. Israelis win wars.
>>
>>35062506
>bullpups

Just like any other rifle configuration, there are good ones and bad ones.

Steyr Mannlicher & Lithgow Arms make great ones in the various Steyr AUG / F88 models,
Granted they aren't particularly modular.

And i've heard good things about the SCAR bullpup kits and IWI Tavor.

But there aren't really that many bullpup configuration rifles overall.

And one of the most common ones (SA80 / L85) can give people a bad impression of bullpups.

But you have to remember that each design is different, just as with conventional rifle configurations, there are good and bad ones.

But most peoples basis for comparison is the AR15, which is a particularly good design.

so naturally when you try something different you may not necessarily like it because it's not what you are used to.
>>
Why was the SA-80 fielded? What was the thinking behind it?

Why not get an AR variant or something?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.