[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC PDW?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: kel-tec-sub-2000-gen-2-folded.jpg (49KB, 819x611px) Image search: [Google]
kel-tec-sub-2000-gen-2-folded.jpg
49KB, 819x611px
Picked up a Sub-2000 gen 2 for $350. I want to do a light make over and add some comfort features. I would like to keep it streamlined and I'm working with a small budget.

What do you suggest /k/?

>inb4 "throw it away" or some shit.
>>
>>3506246a small foregrip doesn't hurt, I plan on getting one of the bcm ones for mine.
>>
>>35062466
Probably an angled foregrip. Some sort of cheek padding? Quick attach flashlight?

Hell if I know, there is only so much you can do with it.
>>
>>35062484
You have a source for that? I have a minimal budget but would like to get the project started, I see all these fancy new things coming out but fuck my arse they're high end price as fuck.
>>
>>35062495
Thats the problem, I know there is very little space, I'm looking for essentials that wont weigh it down all too much and wont leave my wallet light.
>>
>>35062512
I'd say a good flashlight and looking into some glow night sights.

Recoil for it doesn't justify a fore grip.

Nyet, rifle is fine and meant to be simple and small. Adding anything is adding bulk beyond the design. Its a good PCC let it be just that.
>>
>>35062466
Red Lion makes a rotating front grip that allows you to mount an optic or a reddot while still being able to fold the gun. It's worth looking into.
>>
>>35062541
What would you say is a good flashlight for less currency? It's going to be primarily a fun gun and home defense if necessary, any input helps
>>
>>35062558
I did actually see that, that'd have to be later on in the game though, its like $120 delivered and is not within my budget at this time
>>
>>35062561
I really don't know. Go to a local store and look for yourself. Its a fucking flashlight, mate. It is decently hard to fuck up. Look for one that offers some degree of water resistance and is in the 200 lumen range.
>>
>>35062466
33rounders if it takes G17 mags. Everything else can be done on the very cheap from amazon even with airsoft shit. But the mags are the meat and potatoes.
>>
>>35062561
Surefire is good for not a lot of dosh
>>
>>35062618
Its the g19/Grabbed myself 2 17 rds and a 31
>>35062628
Only people I know who say Dosh is South Africans
>>
Hit up mcarbo.com they make some aftermarket internals that make the thing a much better shooter. They're currently running 20% entire order too.
>>
>>35062592
Thanks for the specifics, it actually does help
>>
>>35062825
SWEET! That is great!
>>
>>35062825
>>35062847
Also, midwest industries makes a nice optic mount:

http://shop.opticsplanet.com/midwest-industries-mi-gen2-sub-2000-t1-t2-optic-mount.html?_iv_code=MWI-RMT-MI-G2SUB-T2-1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=plusbox-beta&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9vevo7uK1gIVjFcNCh2h5gAyEAQYASABEgIMqvD_BwE

Additionally, http://www.tacticoolproducts.com makes a decent bolt tube cover to lessen the cheek slap the Sub2k is horrible for.

Lastley, Arisaka defense sells a streamlight rail mount with their inline mlok mount as a package for a very good price. It's affordable and very bright light set up.

https://arisakadefense.com/collections/light-mounts/products/streamlight-protac-rail-mount-2
>>
>>35062933
I just cant stomach $90+ on an optics mount
BUT that tube cover for cheek slap, that I can get behind.
>>
>>35062979
Understandable, just realize if you'd like to use an optic AND retain the folding feature, you're going to have to shell out money. Remember, it's a niche gun, not an AR15. Not everyone and their mother makes parts. But the links I sent you should square you away with anything you could want or need.
>>
>>35062979
Everything with time

I learned to avoid cheap shit when I built my AR, I wanted it done all at once so I cheaper out on a few things and eventually replacing all of those with better parts eventually

I would say enjoy the gun as is and spend on ammo and mags going for better upgrades over time as you save a bit
>>
>>35062731
Will still work as long as they cycle well. Never understood the top rail on a sub2000 since it's folding is it's main selling point.. Might work well for off set lights and lasers AR flip sights can be had cheap...but a lil fiber optic helps loads. Not sure how much it is to get kel fiber sights.

Mount a zoomable light if possible, with the right focus it doubles as a targeting aid.

I'm in the same boat for a PDW I just have certain limitations (pistol) holding me back on
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.