[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Speer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

Any feedback on this round? Never shot it before
>>
>>35058370
Its basically a .22
>>
>>35058375
Do you know if it's decent 9mm ammo?
>>
I am a fan of speer. They have good stuff. I use the gold dot hollow points for carry in my 9mm and .45. I think I like the 147gr better than the 124gr for 9mm.
>>
>>35058393
No such thing, Buy a .45
>>
Is it LEO only? Or is the "Lawman" thing just for cred with shields?
>>
>>35058403
Nah. 9mm works fine for cc. If I need anything with more bang, I'll use my AR
>>
>>35058416
No. Good price on it right here:
http://www.sgammo.com/product/speer/50-round-box-9mm-luger-speer-lawman-124-grain-tmj-ammo-53616-or-53651
>>
>>35058418
You ever shot anyone?
>>
>>35058440
Nope. Never had to
>>
>>35058416
It's good ammo and really nice when you can find it for a good price. It's made by Speer as training ammo for indoor ranges. Which is why it's a total metal jacket. The ballistics are supposed to be close to gold dots as far as recoil and poa/poi So that's where the Lawman thing comes in.

Other companies started doing this recently, like Winchesters train and defend line but they're all about a decade late to the party
>>
>>35058453
Then how do you know that 9mm works fine for carry?
>>
>>35058370
>>35058397
I exclusively use 147gr lawman for training ammo. For the money, the lawman line is a fantastic choice.

Why?
>Total metal jacketed bullet and clean burning powder/primer greatly reduces aerosolized lead and other nasty chemicals. Easier to clean after sex.
>Lawman is loaded to mimic gold dot which means felt recoil comparable to your duty ammo. IMO this is important for training (I use HST 147 +P, but it's still close-ish)
>About as cheap as you're going to get for factory new 124/147gr brass case
>Speer is a reputable manufacturer and doesn't cheap out on the components for Lawman, haven't had any duds etc

Ignore >>35058375
>>
>>35058466
Well the gun can actually be cc'd. The mag holds 9. I feel comfortable taking my chances with 9 rounds of 9mm.
>>
>>35058393
It's fine.
>>
>>35058505
So how much are you getting paid for this?
>>
>>35058370
its fine. its good quality and not underloaded. but you can buy cheaper fmj if all you care is about price (steel cased shit or whatever)
>>
>>35058466
its the same thing as somebody saying
"I use xx ammo for home defense"

are they actively engaged gunfights in their homes? defending themselves from intruders on a regular basis?

no. so they are not "using" anything for home defense
they are just keeping specific ammo loaded weapons just in case they ever *do* need them for home defense.

i get triggered evertime zomeone says "i use xx for home defense"

no you fucking dont "use" it for home defense. maybe someday you will, maybe you wont, but saying you use something for home defense is wrong
>>
Good stuff.
I'm dubious about how much of a difference it really makes practicing with an FMJ "similar" to your HP carry ammo, I think that's mostly a gimmick.
You still should go through at least a hundred of your carry ammo to ensure reliable feeding.
>>
>>35058370
the only time i had an mp5 malf was with one of these, otherwise pretty good
also the tmj is good for indoor because no lead dust
>>
I keep some of that load (124 g TMJ) on hand for my pistols that don't really like the el cheapo 115 grain shit that I feed my Glock.

Works great, pretty clean, not that much more expensive than cheaper stuff. Would recommend.
>>
>>35058466
Here's how I know. Asshole. Take your fat, slow .45 and shove up ass with sharpie
>>
>>35058403
>muh fuddyfive

kill yourself already
>>
>>35058878
That's exactly what it was designed for and what it's been know for, for an entire decade
>>
>>35058370
sgammo sells good ammo - you should be fine.
>>
>>35060713
>.357mag
>one shot stop = 44%

only surpassed by the .44mag

i think we know which caliber is still king
>>
>>35059125
>i get triggered evertime zomeone
That's 3 of my triggers just in that small sample, sort yourself out before you start getting pissy about semantics.
>>
>>35061336
>tfw I trade all my current handguns and carry only .357 revolvers/coonan now
>>
>>35058370
Speer and CCI are sister companies.

I've never shot or used Speer, but CCI is my go-to rimfire ammo. I'd expect Speer to be at least some decent stuff.
>>
>>35058370
Shoot it all the time because price. It's good ammo.
>>
>>35058370
I dont like it it dosnt group well with my 92fs prefer but ill admit it is cleaner than alot of ammo
>>
>>35061336
>.40
nigger
>>
>>35061294
Have some integrity and keep your tripcode on, shill.
>>
>>35058370
Decent for putting holes in paper. I've only shot the .40 out of my Sig but the gun functioned properly and the bullets went into the black. I didn't do a comparison against other types.
>>
>>35058370
It's loaded a little lighter than CCI Blazer Brass 124 grain. Works fine in most of my nines. The only gun I own that has any issues with it is my Star Model B. It's 99% reliable with the Blazer, but stovepipes every other round with the Speer.
>>
>>35058370
It sucks
>>
good stuff OP, get the cleanfire
>>
I shoot 115gr Lawman since it mimicks my carry ammo which is 124gr Gold Dot.
>>
>>35058370
It's good ammo.

Pretty precise, reliable (for me, glock 19), and it has a TMJ instead of FMJ so there is less leading.

It's what I practice with now, and I carry it in my second CCW backup magazine as a barrier beater.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.