[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate new guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: derpy.jpg (8KB, 191x264px) Image search: [Google]
derpy.jpg
8KB, 191x264px
>Got 3 things on my list
>12 gauge Remington 870
>30-06 Hunting Rifle
>.38 Revolver
>Go to LGS
>Get Suckered
>End up with:
>8 round pump action short barrel muh "home defense"
>.308 Winchester cause muh "7.62 milsurp"
>9mm Glock cause muh "extended capacity"

Dammit, I just wanted to be a fudd, not an urban commando.
>>
>>35057314
Well don't be a faggot and let people push you into buying shit you don't want
>>
>wanted a rustington 870

You should probably kill yourself
>>
>>35057337
yeah, but the thing is, I can't argue that they aren't better guns, I think maybe they were just more than I really needed.

Its like going to shop for a truck, you really just want a cheap beater to keep your tools in, but they upsell you on a double rear axle 4 passenger shortcab.
>>
>>35057358
Well now you have more boolits in case 20 nig-nogs try to rob you all at once
>>
>>35057416
I guess I must have looked like a doomsday prepper or something.
>>
>>35057314
also you can't hunt with a fucking shortbarrel
>>
>>35057419
It's all good mate. The way I want to do it is to have all the fudd and milsurp guns I can get my hands on, but have one semi-auto and pistol with some real practicality.

From the view of my goals, you are doing everything right.
>>
>>35057436
Not sure what the fuck I'd hunt anyway, living in LA Metro
>>
>>35057436

>also you can't hunt with a fucking shortbarrel

I bet you still can. As long as it shoots slugs, no reason to not pick up as a hunting weapon.
>>
>>35057358
everything you bought is a cheap beater unless its a really nice 308
>>
>>35057436
You can, but it's not as optimal. Then again, if OP cared for optimal, he'd have gotten an o/u, s/s, semi, or a kipplauf.
>>
>>35057314
I guess my first thoughts were kind of like, "These are not the kind of guns you would expect a well armed insurgent to use. If the shit ever hits the fan, you can say the rifles are for hunting and file the serial on the revolver and report it stolen."

If you're the type of guy to keep 20+ guns in his cellar, you are going to get busted for sure, but if you've got a hunting rack with a couple of fudd rifles and a drop pistol, nobody is going to think twice.
>>
>>35057464
I prefer not to crawl up a bears asshole before I pull the trigger.
>>
Kinna curious, why do they duck tape drop pistols? Do prints not show up on tape?
>>
File: 1503527171824m.jpg (113KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1503527171824m.jpg
113KB, 1024x768px
>>35057314
Next time dont get suckered by a shit tier gun store salesman? Stand up for yourself and buy what you want. Cry and complain all you want and call me a fag if it makes you feel better but just remember I love all my guns and enjoy shooting as often as possible.
>>
>>35057554
You ever notice how much harder it is to say no to a handy after a massage?

yeah, same deal
>>
>>35057621
No... Not really. That salesman took you to the cleaners son. The Vietnamese masseuse is alot cheaper than three new guns too so it's not a very good comparison.
Its more like you wanted to buy a used SUV and got suckered into buying a new diesel f350 or some shit with all the bells and whistles when you live in a city that doesn't get winter, you didnt need it, you didnt want it but you couldn't find it in yourself to say no because you're a yes man most likely.
>>
>>35057699
Says the guy with a crate of of Nuggats and half a dozen aftermarket AR-15's
>>
>>35057699
Its more like I walked into the store with half a chub and the owner stroked it until I had a full on erection.
>>
File: 20170730_114317.jpg (2MB, 1567x2335px) Image search: [Google]
20170730_114317.jpg
2MB, 1567x2335px
>>35057714
Yea. Something like that.
>>
Anyway, whats the deal with newguns?
All this chincy carbon fiber barrels, polymer receivers and horse glue fiberglass wood grain stocks...

I've never seen guns in a sadder state in my life.
>>
Ultimately, as a man, you are responsible for the actions you take. Being spineless and caving to sales pressure doesn't change that fact.

On the plus side, if you remember the rhetoric that the salesman spun, you can probably upsell some noguns and come out ahead.
>>
You're supposed to mix carbon fiber with steel, otherwise it cracks. I can't believe people actually tried to print lego guns.
>>
>>35057751
Its not that really. The guns didn't cost that much, and I'm pretty satisfied with what I got.

I wanted to awaken the hunter in me, instead, I awoke the killer. I had this image of an old farmer wearing a straw hat and driving an relic of a chevy pulling his shotgun out of his passenger seat and firing into a crowd of men with top hats.

Instead what I got was this vision of some crazed dope fiend kicking in a cheap plywood door trying to rob a crack house and some five year old getting caught in the crossfire.
>>
>>35057802
As long as you're not a dope fiend, you'll be fine. Also, please don't go hunting long pig, the gungrabbers don't need any more ammo than the criminals give them
>>
>>35057344
>blindly parroting shit you read online
u2 bud
>>
>>35057827
nah, i'm just your run of the mill drunk
>>
Sounds like you need a better store. My lgs knows its customers and what they like. They know I like surplus, west German sigs, pre freedom group marlin and Remingtons, Winchester rifles that are American made and not Japanese (seriously FUCK a tang safety on a lever gun) and have an SKS obsession, etc. so if I walk in and they have something they think I'll like THATS what they tell me about and try and push.

When Harry the Hunter walks in they start telling him about the new long barrel turkey guns and bolt actions.

Carl the Commando? "Hey come over to the AR counter check out this new m-lok hanguard that we have!"
>>
>>35057834
t. Remington CEO
>>
>>35057451
Orraelllleeeee, ese, you in Metro LA? Where at? Westside fag reporting
>>
>>35057978
They're honestly not that bad, maybe some finishing issues on expresses, but beyond that they're perfectly serviceable.
>>
>>35058275
OC
Not metro proper, but a stones throw from disneyland/ anahiem stadium
>>
>>35058310
Ah damn, I wish SoCal could have a meetup already.
>>
>>35057493
Yes, because you hunt bears in your freetime while shitposting on /k/
>>
>>35058995
Kek
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.