[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Machettes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: image2.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image2.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I was digging around my late grandfather's garage yesterday and found his navy box. There was a bunch of cool stuff inside, namely his old uniform, but I also found this. It's stamped 'U.S.N. M.K.2 Legitimus Collins & Co 1944'. It also has a ?sheathe? marked 'U.S.N. M.K.2'.
What do you guys think? Also who should I go to to get it shined up and sharpened? (not selling, I want to keep it).
>>
Are you really that much if a numale that you can figure out how to clean and sharpen a blade?
>>
>>35056939
Yes.
Also don't want to mess it up.
>>
>>35056974
You wont. Also your Grandads ghost will forever disapointing head shake at you if you dont learn how to use a wetstone.
>>
>>35056981
Oh fuck off you pretentious faggot. Stop pretending it's a common skill
>>
>>35057753
Grow up. Acquiring a set of skills is part of being a man. Do some light research, spend maybe $20 and pretty up a piece of history.

protip: machetes don't need a razor's edge if you're cutting brush, sharpen it more if you're hacking grass
>>
>>35057753
for weapon maintenance whetstone work is probably the single easiest skill to learn. as in less than a day. sure you'll have to refine said skill and there is always more to learn but it sure as shit isn't difficult in any sense.
>>
>>35057753
Is using a whetstone not a common skill?

Your basI call just running the blade down a rock to shave off some of the metal, thinning the edge. It's not fucking rocket science.
>>
>>35058030
>>35057869
>>35057811
Not him, but I have a whetstone and oil and all that, but I've recently come to the conclusion that I think I'm sharpening my knives wrong and dulling them. Can you point me towards some guides?
>>
>>35058103
Check out Wranglestar on youtube, he's got some clickbait shit, but the guys okay and you'll learn alot from his marble's no 5 restoration.
>>
>>35058133
I'm already familiar with him, but I'll have to check that out specifically. On a related note, is there any kind of extra steps I should to taking if I have dulled the blade?
>>
OP here.
Any tips on getting off the rust or will sandpaper and phosphoric remover do the trick?
>>
>>35058657
I'd use white vinegar, a brass or copper brush and some elbow grease
>>
check out Wranglerstar on youtube, he has a bunch of videos on polishing metal
>>
>>35056935
>who should I go to to get it shined up and sharpened?
Whoever pops up on Google when you Google local sharpening services you technologically challenged faglord. If you want to sharpen and restore it yourself then get something else to practice on because you're going to fuck up a lot (everyone does when they're starting out) and there's a lot more room to fuck up on large blades. You can take care of the crud on the blade with some very fine sandpaper.
>>
>>35057811
>Do some light research
That's precisely what's he doing on this nepalese kukri sharpening forum here.
>>
>>35056935
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q1Tf8XslEk
Do this to removal rust and it can be sharpened with some sandpaper if you want, if not just google sharpening services.
>>
>>35059304
Just to play devil's advocate I'll point out that asking to be spoonfed like OP did is only research insofar as having Yahoo Answers do your math homework is research.
>>
>>35059374
Yeah but desu the guy calling him a numale cuck for asking is autism.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.