[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Australia general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 14

File: cropped-Website-icon.png (73KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
cropped-Website-icon.png
73KB, 512x512px
What are you blokes up to today?
Been shooting much?
Have you bought anything?
>>
This week I'll be picking up a circuit judge .22/.22 mag
Apparently they're not importing them anymore and I couldn't find the .45/.410 one so I thought I'd snap one up.
Anyone had any experience with them?
>>
Just another week of thinking about the long term game plan. Waiting for a mate to return from the UK to be my CAD man for an exciting cat b project we hope to bring to market. Wondering how we're going to set up and where.
>>
Mate of mine just got his WFA1. Got to play around with that.
My 303 timber exploded. Cant decide wether to replace the wood with synthetic or try source up an original stock.
>>
>>35055834
You have the manufacturer licence or not yet?
>>
>>35055898
Negative. Going to take the business plan to the registry when it's drawn up; before then we'll seek clarification for prototyping in plastic. The law is very vague about when you actually "start" manufacturing - a piece of unmachined billet steel is technically a gun.
>>
>>35056214
>before then we'll seek clarification for prototyping in plastic
I doubt that'd be legal, because plastic training pistols are already illegal.
>>
>>35056290
Not sure if joking... hoping that a 3d printed bolt, receiver, chamber (no barrel or firing pin hole) to cycle dummy cartridges would be ok. Going to get everything in writing prior to doing *anything*
>>
>>35056290
What? You know the laws vary from state to state right?
>>
>>35055786
>Working
>Not really
>Non-firing 1911 replica for display, it's being held in customs for no reason (had permit for import stuck to outside of box)
>>
Can someone explain to me the process and requirements of getting just a basic hunting rifle here that's chambered in something bigger than 22lr?
I tried looking this all up awhile ago but it just seemed like an overly bureaucratic mess.
>>
>>35056462
It's basically the same as one that is in .22LR
>>
>>35056462
It's the same process as a .22lr but you just tick the A+B box. My state only has an A+B box, there is no such thing as a licence for only rimfires.

>Buy a safe, bolt it in
>Get a "genuine need", this will vary based on which state you're in.
>Submit your forms
>Wait
>Get a PTA, fill it out, submit it
>wait
>buy gun

To be specific we'd need to know which state you're in, but that's the general process, give or take some waiting.
>>
File: aus.jpg (1MB, 7016x4472px) Image search: [Google]
aus.jpg
1MB, 7016x4472px
>>35055786
chilling, nothing this weekend maybe next, ordered a colt competition 1911 in 45 about a week ago
>>
Just picked up my 223. Howa 1500 in a GRS stock. Looks sexy as fuck

Not gonna get a chance to shoot it or another couple weeks which is going to suck
>>
Been officially waiting a year today for my NSW License,

time to write it off me thinks.
>>
>>35056505
Give them a call and ask where it's sitting. Some bloke will answer, you tell them your surname and they'll tell you where it's being held up.

If they are going to reject it they need to let you know, and they also need a valid reason.

If when you call them they give you some bullshit reason then ask them to put it in writing (they wont)
>>
>>35056505
please tell me you're not being serious
I was considering applying. Do you have something special about you that makes it take longer?
Honestly wouldn't surprise me at all if they just don't process them anymore because you know, guns are evil and all that.
>>
>>35056518
what would he do after they say they wont put it in writing then?
>>
>>35056518
I have chased them up twice, "its in a pile"

I have that in writing too.

>>35056522
Fucked if I know whats so spesh about me, my partner got her license within 4 months.

I'm a clean skin, so its frustrating.
>>
>>35056381
What brand is it? You can get several locally (at a large cost) but most are denix which are the bottom of the barrel of replicas.
>>
>>35056505
Nine months for me, go team NSW!
>>
>>35056462
A heads up, it is different in WA, always good to say which state youre in.
>>
File: Capture.png (424KB, 745x930px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
424KB, 745x930px
>>35056535
Your partner could get one in just 4 months you say? what a coincidence...
>>
Can anyone recommend a place to get a replica F88 & F89 (styer & Minimi) from in QLD or somewhere cheap overseas
>>
>>35056576
Hardcore mode: Is anyone doing replicas of the new EF88s? (Black scary edition)
>>
>>35056576
>>35056576
Good luck, the only "replicas" of AUG's im aware of are either plastic toys from places like plastic armoury or armoured heaven, or airsoft which is obviously a no go.
>>
>>35056502
Very nice. Have you shot it yet? I bought a Howa .223 barrelled action and whacked it in a MDT chassis. Haven't shot too many rounds through it but so far it's been extremely accurate.

>tfw three PTA's approved this week
got a H&R 12G, a Lithgow model 24 (weird sporter SMLE No1 in 22 Hornet) on the way and a nice Savage No4 MkI sitting pretty in my safe. Still waiting on my H class to get approved.

I'm leaning towards a CZ85 for my first pistol. Some people are pretty insistent I need to start with a 22LR... Anyone have any strong opinions on starting with a 9mm?
>>
>>35056777
Why would you start with .22? What are you planning on doing with the H class, or what discipline do you need to shoot to maintain it?
>>
>>35056777
Have you shot plenty of handguns before? If you've trained with different kinds and you feel stronger about going with 9 or whatever, then just do it. Personally I feel 22 pistols are only worthwhile if you're going to be putting a metric fuckton of rounds through it and need it to be cost effective.
>>
File: 1502414841320.png (2MB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502414841320.png
2MB, 768x1024px
>>35056787
>>35056845
I'm keen to do all sorts, metallic silhouette, IPSC, bowling pin all of them look fun. I have a feeling the whole "stick to .22" advice is oriented around the ISSF style competition shooting, not that I don't enjoy it but its not all that entertaining on it's own.

I've shot a bit, I will aim to shoot alot more once I actually have a pistol in my possession and don't have to jump through hoops every time I want to shoot. It's hard because I don't really know anyone personally who's in to shooting so i've just got a few mates in the same boat as me.

What disciplines do you guys shoot? Ever compete? I've always wondered why there is no practical rifle+pistol shooting comps here like 2-gun in America. Or is there and I'm just not aware of it?
>>
I've been told that the LA102 is an overpriced piece of shit. Can anyone confirm it here?
>>
>>35057888
I shoot IPSC and a .22 is useless for that. It's not even allowed to be used and they're next to useless as a trainer because recoil management is such an important part of shooting handguns fast.

>Ever compete?
Yes. You have to to keep your cat H licence. If you want handguns at all you'll have to compete at club level, but usually club comps are pretty chill.

>I've always wondered why there is no practical rifle+pistol shooting comps here like 2-gun in America?
It's banned. We can do do IPSC shotgun, rifle and handgun separately but not together. I'm not sure why but 3 gun/2 gun is straight up not officially allowed.
Not unless it's cowboy action.

Just get a 9mm to start. Don't buy something gimmicky and cheap, you''l regret it. Glocks are absolutely terrible sporting handguns. CZ Shadows dominate production division, 1911s dominate every other division and for good reason.

Metallic silhouette is a bit of a wank fest but can be fun.
>>
File: 15z_CZ85Combat_L_91210_01210.png (718KB, 1920x1310px) Image search: [Google]
15z_CZ85Combat_L_91210_01210.png
718KB, 1920x1310px
>>35060299
>ever compete?
I worded that poorly I meant more like do you ever go to the state champs or anything rather than just within your club. I understand that if you compete between clubs that can be used as an excuse to have the firearm on you if you took it camping say? Again this is blokes at the range saying if you want to take your pistol hunting just bring a flyer from a nearby club and say you were going to go compete. Not something I'd risk losing my license over but just hearsay floating around.

>3/2 gun is straight up not allowed

Things like this are pretty frustrating because there's no traction to change bullshit restrictions like that, no-one seems to really care even sport shooters. It's not a huge deal but it's a pointless and arbitrary restriction.

>get a 9mm
yeah seeing as I haven't heard any decent reasons beyond guys at the club saying "you'll be a shit shot unless you exclusively shoot 22 for years" so I'm pretty set on a CZ75 or derivative. I've got a pair of mates going through this at the same time so if we all buy slightly different pistols atleast we'll get to try some variety.

What makes you say that about metallic silhouette? Attracts a different crowd?

>tfw there's currently a 4" ruger security six on usedguns for $200
>>
>>35056214
I had similar thoughts for a PDW I've been (very slowly) drawing up. Getting a manufacturers licences for a machine gun is going to be ridiculously difficult though compared to Cat B though.

>>35056320
3d printed parts are of very low tolerance. It would be better to make a jumb0-sized mockup for function testing which hopefully will avoid the "imitation gun" garbage.
>>
>>35060299
>It's banned.

It's not. There are just no two/three-gun clubs in Australia.
>>
>>35061765

Try as many pistols as you can to see how YOU shoot, 95% of people at my club hate on glocks but they can't shoot one to save their lives.

That being said CZ's are pretty sweet, I own an SPO-1 and a G17 because I like variety, currently saving for a PPQ M2 because fuck me its glorious.

I've found metallic pistols are much more stable to control (in 9mm, haven't shot higher in semis) and recoil is much softer in comparison to plastic/ polymers. My CZ is picky as fuck ammunition wise whereas my Glock spits out whatever I shove into it.

Just try as many different pistols as you can to better make your mind up - fuck what others think.
>>
File: 110BAS300.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
110BAS300.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>No longer can be licensed in WA
Man I hate my state sometimes
>>
>>35063466
It's called "Practical Shooting" as a discipline here- covers pistols, shotguns and rifles
>>
>>35063662
I'm well aware of practical shooting as a member of IPSC Australia.

My statement sill stands, there are no two or three gun clubs in Australia. It's not banned, it's just that no clubs runs the comps so no one can get the shoots needed.
>>
>>35061765
I wouldn't rely on any kind of flyer from a club justifying you happening to have your handgun on out out bush. Maybe someone somewhere got off with it once. Odds of you actually getting caught by someone who gives a shit are pretty minimal really.

I don't know what the deal with 3/2 gun is. My club would run it if they could but they have to run practical rifle, shotgun and handgun separately.

>CZ75
CZ Shadows are like $1500-1800 and stomp everything in production division. I find them extremely comfortable to shoot and they look pretty slick. My first handgun was a 1911 and I've been very happy with it so far. Try to try as many different pistols as you can, some people just don't like some guns and you'll shoot 10x better with a gun you like.

Metallic Silhouette just attracts a different crowd. They might be chill at your club. I bought a revolver recently so I might go shoot it with that.
>>
>>35055786
Waiting on my .308 T3x to ship, should be in qld by next week, anyone had any gripes with tikka ammo?
>>
>>35056535
bad storage address, try changing that?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (104KB, 1127x750px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
104KB, 1127x750px
>>35055834
What state are you in mate? I'm interested in getting an Armourer's licence too
>>
>>35063571
>sometimes
>>
any one know an Australian website or company that has like random enfield parts and actions.
im just after a bunch of working no4 actions and i dont care if they have barrels or stocks i just want cheap actions to fuck around with for hobby guns
>>
>>35065356
Regularly cheap badly-sporterised SMLEs on usedguns.com.au
>>
>tfw want to get first gun on licence but could have to move any year interstate and live in utter poverty for the next 4
>tfw just want guns

might just bite the pillow and get universally accepted calibres as i'd be moving from qld to somewhere else.
>>
>>35065615
Where are you off to?

>Captcha: LOCATION BEGINS I shit you not lol
>>
>>35065622
wouldn't have a clue. i'm applying for medicine, so I could realistically be interviewed in any state in australia minus tasmania. i'll probably just get a .22lr and then a .308, but the .308 will be my concern.
>>
>>35055786
Went to go hunting state forret over the weekend ouldent get R licence written permition to print till 1130pm so left Sat morn....got 1.5 hour away and realiased I couldnt find my fireare licence... turned back 5thought Id be able to find it but no go thus far FUCK
>>
>>35065690
Yes Im a good typer and I always proof read. Ah well, next weekend should be better. Looking at a Gamo air rifle and a remington 7mm Rem Mag in the next month or so also.
>>
>>35055793
I am looking at one in .44 mag but can't find any information on them so I haven't done it.

>>35055897
How was it?
>>
hey boys
im looking into a new .308 and I need someone to guide me in a good direction
I kinda like the look and feel of a Winchester XPR.
I've shot my mates Ruger American in .223 and I didn't mind that.
My LGS has a couple Savage Mod 11 Scouts which felt nice too.
Is a Lithgow worth paying a little for?

I kinda need help from people more experienced then me. I'm too indecisive and will never settle otherwise
>>
File: crosman.png (391KB, 687x260px) Image search: [Google]
crosman.png
391KB, 687x260px
>>35065771
>>35065690
Ha! Drongo.
You don't keep your licence in your wallet?
I want to go hunting in state forest but don't know where. I'm also interested in an air rifle, I want a crosman 177 gas gun but I'm unsure if you can hunt rabbits with it. Anyone know?
>>
>>35065356
Militaria shows, there's plenty of old shit ones but other than that, usedguns and ozgunsales
>>
>>35065814
Picking mine up in 2 days so I'm pretty hype. I've heard if you're gonna get a carbine, look for alfa proj, better materials and while ugly, a better build. Not sure if they have them in .44 though, .357 maybe.
>>
File: DufNAAm.jpg (80KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
DufNAAm.jpg
80KB, 768x960px
>>35065899
What are you using it for?
>>
Picked up a diana 22air rifle for an orchard and garden i shoot on, the owner prefers air rifles doesnt like guns in general but is happy to have the rabbits and bird numbers reduced to protect the gardens.

Life in the oute suburbs is good. Deer 45 mins away. Heaps of big properties to shoot rabbits and foxes.

Any Melbournites here
>>
>>35065941
No specific purpose
Hunting small deer, removing feral cats
>>
>>35066021
Yeah dude, south east, you?
>>
>>35065919
i wouldn't its basically a shooting gallery toy
>>
>>35066058
North east suburbs. Hoping to get out for my last deer hunt this weekend. Before the fishing season and snake season arrive
>>
File: heart break.jpg (86KB, 550x960px) Image search: [Google]
heart break.jpg
86KB, 550x960px
>>35065919
I usually do but changed wallets and hadnt put full set of cards in
>>
>>35066046
Check out the Howa's on special at cleavers, Im no expert but love mine
>>
>>35066098
Where do you go deer hunting? I've been looking for a place to shoot foxes but I don't know much about crown land.
>>
Hey fellas, nogunz here. Really want to get into some shooting, stuck down here in Sydney currently. Anyone else shoot near here? What'd be your recommendations for getting into it.
>>
>>35066414
Get your licence
get your R licence
try a few of the many state forrests
>>
nogunz here as well, but I bought a slingshot and went out and shot some random shit with it today. I don't have the balls to shit birds and stuff with it yet I guess. What is everyones experiences with them?
I am looking at getting my license, but I still live at home and my mum would probably have a heart attack if I came home with a rifle.
>>
>>35066470

Not that anon but also interested, from what I've been reading it's compulsory to join a shooters club, is this correct? And what are the most renowned ones in NSW?
>>
>>35066487
Is it a proper one with a wrist brace? I would not reccomend shooting birds or anything unless you can reliably hit a target, and know which birds are worth killing. I.e indian minors.
Also it's not like you can just come home with one, you need to have a safe first.
>>
>>35066505
SSAA is everywhere.
>>
>>35065919
It's probably a bit under-powered for that. It's very accurate but not very powerful. I use mine for killing toads and have killed cats with it before but at very close range only.
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 650x129px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 650x129px
Waiting for my pta to come in for my AIA M10 b2, and working on getting my pistol licence.
Cant wait boys

I'm thinking of a 9mm usp for my first handgun, as they seem to be fairly cheap on the used market here. Anyone know why that is?
>>
>>35063431
Tell me more about this Cat B idea and ill put you in touch with a few companies/guys also looking for simularly minded people.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1503198705093.jpg (23KB, 482x606px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1503198705093.jpg
23KB, 482x606px
For those in need of licence guides

http://www.firearmownersunited.com/how-to-get-your-firearm-license-state-by-state/

Chuck our fb page an inbox if you want any advice on gun stuff in general.
>>
>>35055786
Cute country
>>
>>35067144
y- you too :3
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.