[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

opinions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: svd_tigr04.jpg (32KB, 665x395px) Image search: [Google]
svd_tigr04.jpg
32KB, 665x395px
opinions?
>>
well its a gun, thats a start.
>>
>>35051437
better than expected, still inferior to western guns.

source: I shot about 50 rounds through one on an exchange program.
>>
>>35051471
I mean, to be fair it must have been a hell of a rifle in 1963.
Wondering about picking it up. Sure it's less accurate than most western guns, but given my love for it's a e s t h e t i c s and the fact that the pricing for a new Tigr 7.62 is better than that of any Western precision semi-auto where I live I might try it out.

Time to look for someone who shoots one at my range.
Was it comfortable to shoot?
Is it viable for hunting/target shooting etc?

thx in advance
>>
>>35051437
If it is in 300wsm then it would be unstoppable.
>>
>>35051437
Anon cut one into pieces I think
>>
I love it. I just won a GB auction for an NDM-86 in 7.62x54R. Paid a good bit to win it..
>>
>>35051437
Really good, and rare DMR. Don't listen to the West fudds.
>>
>>35051568
Oh man, now I'm jealous
A military SVD is out of my reach financially but a Tigr.. that's a different story.
>>
>>35051510
>I mean, to be fair it must have been a hell of a rifle in 1963.
It's been modernized with a heavy barrel. Claimed .3 MOA performance.
>>
>>35051510
>Was it comfortable to shoot?
very.

>Is it viable for hunting/target shooting etc?
no problem.
>>
if it was available in the US people would rightly recognize that it's a dated, mediocre semi auto rifle

about the only thing it has going for it is weight
>>
>>35051623
Kind of hard to believe just a barrel would fix that, but hey, I'm no expert on that stuff.
A consistent 1.5 MOA on a DMR originally introduced in the 60s would certainly do an amazing job though.
>>35051625
Thanks for the answer anon, now I have to get my hands on one.
I just remembered that in Switzerland these babies (Tigr) cost the equivalent of ~1900 USD. To me that's quite a lot of money, but seems like a bargain for an almost piece for piece, brand new SVD. I wonder how much I will pay in taxes though...

cheers
>>
>>35051692
>Kind of hard to believe just a barrel would fix that, but hey, I'm no expert on that stuff.
You shouldn't be. Precision is 75% barrel and 24% ammunition.
>>
File: 1451181053006.gif (839KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1451181053006.gif
839KB, 320x240px
>>35051510
>I mean, to be fair it must have been a hell of a rifle in 1963.
it was. The SVD was one of the most advanced marksman rifles in existence when it debuted.
>>
>>35051718
Interesting.
Got a good read on precision rifles?
I wanted to learn some basics since I'm gonna have a vacation soon.
>>
>>35051755
Rex did a huge series of videos, it could have been a tad shorter but it's very informative
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7bOIB2Zk-E

He also has another video where he recommends a bunch of books
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbn4A4WbiCs
>>
>>35051651

No they wouldn't. The M1A is readily available in the US, but lots of people still romanticize M14 derivatives heavily. Fanboys gonna fan, no matter what side they're on.
t. yuropeon SVD owner.

>about the only thing it has going for it is weight

It's a lightweight, durable, reliable and easy to maintain DMR package you can train every troglodyte on in a matter of hours, but which still retains ~1 MOA in skilled hands using 7n1/7n14.
But yes, it's dated now, especially the PSO (at this point $50 will get you a scope that is better in all regards except durability, courtesy of Chink slave labor), and finding decent ammo, reasonably priced mags or spare parts for it is all but impossible even in yurop.
>>
>>35051896
thanks anon, will check it out
>>
>>35051567
Was confirmed to be airshit.
>>
>>35052027
No, it was a guy who was replacing the barrel and rear anyway. He converted it into an SVD-S
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.