[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LGS/Gun Show Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: doubt.jpg (7KB, 171x211px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
7KB, 171x211px
Seeing as there are flea market/gun show setups seemingly everywhere this weekend, let's get some LGS/gun show stories going.

>Be browsing a flea market setup in SWVA
>Find your typical fuddtastic gun tent with $8 per 50 round box .22lr and $300 Maverick 88s.
>See beater Chilean Mauser that's been converted to 7.62x51.
>Stock is beaten to shit and the top half of the handguard is missing. The barrel, although the bluing is long gone externally, is still serviceable.
>I'm thinking $100, $150 tops for what's ultimately a project gun, so I ask the guy what he wants.
>He sees a twenty-something sucker and says $500.
>Guy goes into a sales pitch about how it's a sniper! And super accurate! You can drive nails at 300 yards!
>It's a beat to shit, straight bolt Spanish Mauser derivative. Calling it an infantry rifle is a stretch at this point, let alone a sniper.
>Fight the urge to laugh in his face and thank him for showing it to me before walking off.
>>
I've gotten an old 12g coachgun for $350 at a flea market, it's all about finding a good place.
>>
>>35050682
>go to gun show
>Admission $10
>360 and walk away
>>
>>35050682
I get to go to my first gun show on October 15th. Local guns stores fuck all expensive. Are the shows the same?
>>
>>35051560
Went to my first one a month ago they want 950 for a 180 series mini 14 and 1200 for an m1 carbine with new steel in an old beat up stock. Ammo was cheap.
>>
>>35050682
>Fight the urge to laugh in his face
This is where you fucked up. Should have schooled him on how he is a dumbass so he doesn't scam some other poor sap and then further miss-information
>>
>>35051783
good thing I have my guns already. I want to take a look at plate carriers and a collapsible baton.
>>
File: OC.jpg (869KB, 2175x1923px) Image search: [Google]
OC.jpg
869KB, 2175x1923px
>>35050682
>standing at gun counter
>a golden retriever walks in
>"got any .22?"
>let me go check in the back
>"BARK"
>walk into back
>past pallets of .22lr
>into back room
>wade through kiddie pools filled with .22lr
>approach back door
>unholster glock 19
>press check glock 19
>reholster
>radio check
>copy
>roger
>exit back door
>walk down the block to chinese place
>order chow mien
>boss calls asks where the fuck I'm at
>tell him I'm surrounded by gooks
>"phsphhfhhfhhshsphh"
>make distortion sounds with mouth
>"you're fired"
>try me faggot
>finish eating crab puffs
>go home
>poop
>fap
>sleep
>wait a week
>return back at work with a mustache grown in
>apply for my old job back
>get hired
>stupid fucking boss doesn't know its actually me
>golden retriever is still there
>"BARK"
>let me go check in the back
>>
>>35051936
Goddamn I wish I had that kinda confidence.
>>
>>35050682
Southwest Virginia? Where at, I'm off on Monday and I might stop by
>>
>>35051974
>confidence
but that's not how you spell "autism"
>>
File: 1477530261436.gif (89KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1477530261436.gif
89KB, 600x450px
>>35051974
>>35052137

>even implying it's real
>>
My brother and I came across that guy who shills that defense ammo that is really light and works with the same principle as that gay RIP ammo
Some other guy walks up and asks about how such a light projectile would have any effectiveness vs a .45ACP JHP
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 300x165px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 300x165px
>>35051083
>Go to a gun show
>1 gun purchase minimum
>>
File: The Sound of Mac 10s.gif (877KB, 209x111px) Image search: [Google]
The Sound of Mac 10s.gif
877KB, 209x111px
>>35052115
Patrick Springs in Patrick County, but don't waste your time. Lot of .22s and 12 gauges. Handful of pistols, two or three SKS, and an AK-74. Some basic milsurp clothes and gear. Nearly all overpriced, even when compared to MSRP. You might luck up on a deal in Hillsville in Carroll County. Wound up with a Traditions percussion cap .50 muzzleloader for $80 last year since I needed something for that deer season.
>>
>>35051873
Yeah. In hindsight I could've killed the sniper bullshit right there. Informed him that the straight bolt automatically disqualifies it from being a sniper rifle of any kind and that's it's just a basic infantry rifle. Could've also went on about how fresh off the boat Yugo Mausers in far better condition go for $250 all day long. Finally I could've told him that condition wise it's project grade at best and offered him the $100 it's worth tops.

But... hindsight is 20/20.
>>
>>35052599
Shit nice, say dude are you on discord?
>>
>>35053296
I was on the /k/ discord for awhile. It was kind of boring desu and /pol/ infested. I'm currently one of the janitors on the /asg/ discord.
>>
>>35053617
We have a new discord specifically for VA, https://discord.gg/UtQ9GDU. Just join if you're interested.
>>
>>35050682
>be me a few months ago
>go to gun show
>first time ever
>surprised how big it is
>must be at least 125 people with tables
>not really in the market for anything specifically
>plan on just looking around and fingering tuff
>so much nazi stuff
>swastika armbands
>Iron cross medals
>saw an authentic mint condition nazi officer's hat for $1,800
>owner wouldn't even let me take a picture of it
>see full auto tommy gun for 13k
>only reasonable deal I saw was a M9 for $550~
>of all the people there see maybe 4 AK rifles
>bored by stand after stand of people with ARs
>prefer just looking at milsurp stuff
>buy mk6 combat helmet for shtf gear and a .50 bmg round to use as a paperweight
Good way to spend a Saturday
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.