[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for a good over/under shotgun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Taking my dad out for some shotgun golfing, would like to get a good OU shotgun so we don't have to share. Thoughts?
>>
Anyone used a stoeger condor? Are they decent? I dont want to spend more than 500 OTD
>>
>>35050619
CZ is your best bet
if you have money, buy a Beretta
>>
Are you aversed to buying used? You can get some really nice old shotguns for dirt cheap if you look around. Of more recent productions, used Berettas and Franchis are verry comfortably priced.
Franchis as a whole are drastically underappreciated: Their Affinity Feeling Aluminium and Feeling Black are cheaper than the Beretta Ultralight, yet lighter than it (albeit with shorter barrels).
Used and Italian, that's all the advice I have for you until I know what prices are typical where you live.
>>
>>35050619
Star Baikal and you'll have a shottie to outlive your bloodline.
Ugly as the Devil though
>>
File: IMG_0726.jpg (1MB, 1532x2052px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0726.jpg
1MB, 1532x2052px
Ruger Red Label
Because made in America
Dove season is here.
>>
>>35052038
My nignog.
I'm using an old Baikal my father bought in, who knows, perhaps the 70s. Single-barrel (livin dat #kipplife), but without a doubt a reliable piece of Soviet engineering that doesn't mind being used as a truck, nay, a tractor -gun. You're definitely on point about it being a very unpretentious piece of gun too - It's not only for people who aren't pretentious, but it's perfect for the people of few means who just want a piece of wood and steel that goes bang all the time.
For all my ragging on it, however, it certainly does its part if the man behind the trigger does his.
>>
>>35050619
lol fuck this fudd shit, why would you buy this old crap. Get a SPAS 12 or SPAS 15
>>
>>35051643
OP here, thanks for the suggestions. Looking at the Beretta 686. Beautiful gun and the price is reasonable ~2k. I'm a small man though; 5'6 and about 160lbs. Meaning that I prefer smaller grips like the 1991 to larger, like the Beretta 92FS (or any staggered stack magazine handguns.

I shot an OU recently that had a very small grip. The owner called it "feminine" because of the small size, but it fit my hand so damn well.

I'd love something with a similar grip, 12ga, with pricing not too much higher than $2k. Beyond that, I don't really know what else to be looking for
>>
>>35051294
stogers are cheap
thats the only good part about em
condor is like taurus but for double barrels

if all you want to do is take it hunting once and shoot it occasionally it will be fine
>>
>>35053121
I know there are woman friendly Beretta shotguns - their Vittoria lines of shotguns. They might fit you better if you have a *very* small range. They also tend to be more expensive (new ones, at least). However, it's easier to buy a regular model on the cheap and sand down the grip, or you could have a gunsmith fit the gun to you. The only permanent change you typically would be looking at would be to shorten the stock a little, as to get the right length of pull. FWIW I don't have very big hands either, but can comfortably use a Silver Pigeon, even with a pair of {admittedly thin) leather gloves.
>>
>>35051294
I have one. Was cheap and bought it to flog during waterfowl season.
Lasted like 1000 rounds and started to fall apart. Triggers wouldn't reset, bill sheared off.
Works still but I got what I paid for.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.