[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Local militias

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: a90.png (141KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
a90.png
141KB, 600x600px
Me and some friends were thinking about potentially forming a militia for our town. However, I have little knowledge in the area, so I'd like to get some more info.
For starters, would it be practical to form one? Do they still serve a purpose other than being a social thing?
And if so, how would one go about forming one? What skills or information would we have to be aware of prior to forming one, i.e. how to form a proper rank heirerarchy, communicate, organize training sessions, etc.
Any help is appreciated.
>>
>>35049596
Forming a militia is a good way to make very good friends with FBI, ATF and CIA agents as well as local police officers and sheriffs.
>>
Lmao nigga just grab some guns and beers, dress up in camouflage, go drinking and shooting innawoods, and pretend it's "training"
>>
>>35049662
this. it's great fun to try different alcohol and guns

>>35049616
also this. few guys are local sheriffs and enjoy shooting and getting shitfaced in a field
>>
>how to form a proper rank heirerarchy
Forget this. Rank works in a wider military structure. In small, ad-hoc forces (like militias) it works during war time but for training it doesn't. Not having "rank" also turns off a lot of the fantasists.

>communicate
Anything like Signal. Best bet is to take all mobile phones in at the start of any training and discourage social media usage.

>organize training sessions
See above. Your problem is that people tend to copy things that they've either never done before, or have done a long time ago.

Attend first aid classes. Go fishing and hunting. Learn how to navigate, so start orienteering. Build things. Clean and maintain weapons. Good training doesn't have to be complex and if you keep it basic you'll put off all the morons.

The biggest three things are vetting, physical fitness and mental stability. A good PT program with plenty of sport and a keen eye for trouble makers will do a lot more good than making sure everyone has matching plate carriers.
>>
Thanks anons
As far as the doing away with ranks that seems pretty reasonable given the fact that it's not gonna be scaled very much, and I'm not trying to start some kind of revolution, mostly just have an opportunity to do shit related to such things
And yeah getting shitfaced innawoods sounds great, and would help get new people in
As for first aid classes, I know of a few around town, will look into those
>>
I think your best bet is more of a pact between friends to attend first aid classes, do more advance camping, get HAM licenses and maintain ability to use radios, stay fit, shoot together, and make sure to tell each other about info on classes, opportunities, and knowledge.

A lot militia shit is just wannabe military stuff that will break down in reality. If everybody has skills and you are good friends then you'll be prepared when SHTF. No amount of fake military shit or "operator" gun training will change that. I'd take a trained radio operator who knows how to rough it in the woods and handle medical first aid that has zero firearms experience over some larping faggot who never stepped off the backwoods firing range.
>>
>>35049616
>a good way to make very good friends with FBI, ATF and CIA agents as well as local police officers and sheriffs.
What the fuck is wrong with that as long as you are not nigger rigging full autos and doing shady deals?
>>
>>35051274
because they are fudds and will treat you like shit no matter what.
>>
>>35049596
Good luck. Militias tend to attract the worst of humanity who are a cross between /pol/, retirees, and doomsday preppers
>>
>>35051290
Seriously I figured LEOs and shit would not get all titty twisted when you want to shoot an AR and learn some stuff.
>>
>>35049596
Don't fucking join a militia, not in the US.

As other anons said you're immediately on the gubments radar. There's no chain of command due to lack of UCMJ.

Example: Hey you need to this!
Private schmucktaly: no I don't, fuck you I'm going home.

And lastly, it's doubtful you'll ever do anything, or be taught by anyone competent. Short of being super rich and paying the best money, there's simply no way to get training on par with actual military experience.

I'd even argue that's not true, because part of it is discipline the military gives you, which can't be bought, only earned.
>>
>>35050077
Vetting should be your big concern.

You're not going to be able to sniff out LEO or agents. Forget it. They might come and go, that's just one of the realities of this sort of thing. What you can do is make sure that anyone, and I really do mean anyone, that does illegal stuff is kept well away from you.

Imagine this. You have a guy who joins that does a bit of cash in hand work. He's got a minor drug habit, but no record and has never done time. So you take him on because he seems alright and a few months down the line he's facing a wire fraud charge or owes about $10k in child support in the other side of the country. It does happen. Maybe he got busted smuggling cigarettes back from Mexico. People do this sort of thing and get caught every single day. Federal offenses aren't all Hollywood stuff, there's routine and boring things people get arrested for too.

Then, because he's not a career criminal and just a dumbass, to get out of it the FBI/ATF/whoever make him incriminate you. He'll do anything to get out of jail, because he's got a kid, and that includes "cooperating" with them and backing up whatever else they have going. Next thing you know he's at a militia meeting talking about the NFA, and after a few beers people say something they shouldn't.

tl;dr know who it is you're involving and if they have debt, cheat on their spouse, a record, any sort of criminal connection that you find out about tell them to have a nice day and go elsewhere.
>>
>>35051274
Because you're trying to rely on yourselves instead of the Orwellian managerial state. They trend to frown on self reliance.
>>
>>35051324
There is a bit of that at head office but I can assure you that their qualms at local level are often well founded. You can guarantee that out of a militia unit, a good third of the regular attendees have one or more of the following: A record, bad debt, mental problems, drug habit, drink problem or dishonorable discharge.

Militias can be great. The issue is that they're also a shit magnet. Not career criminals or whatever, but greasy individuals. FBI/ATF and what not take an interest in them for the same reason city cops hang around the basketball court. It's an almost guaranteed felony.

Then, unfortunately, the decent guys that are part of a militia unit get in the shit. They're dragged into it. This happens time and time again.
>>
File: gry.png (12KB, 200x242px) Image search: [Google]
gry.png
12KB, 200x242px
>>35049596
See if your state has an official militia. I know michigan does.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.