[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Security Forces

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: BC312_1500_1.jpg (231KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
BC312_1500_1.jpg
231KB, 1500x1500px
So, I'm considering joining the Air Force. I have two reasons for this:

1. GI Bill. College assistance after sounds nice. If I like it and decide to stay in, even better.

2. LEOSA. Ability to carry a firearm without a permit all over the US. Applies to Military Police now, as I understand.

I've wanted to do military for a while, but I'm more in it for the benefits than anything else. That's why I'm choosing the Air Force, and the Security Forces at that. I hear it's easy and fun, for the most part. Can be boring, though.

So what does /k/ think? Security Forces best bet for my interests? Any current or former SF that can weigh in?

>inb4 lol SF ain't shit to mureehsss or army blah, not real soliders, not real miliarty, etc

Like I said, I'm mainly in for the benefits, although it will be nice to serve and see what that is like.
>>
>>35048744
bump
>>
>>35048744
I have no credentials or experience to have an opinion on this, but in my uninformed opinion it seems like a cushy job that'll be boring as fuck for long stretches of time and everyone else will hate you.
>>
Most overmanned job the Air Force has. Have fun standing at a gate or walking around Air planes while the E4s and above do the actual police part of the job like traffic, investigations, etc.
>>
>>35048744
Only go MP if you wanna deal with a bunch of domestic violence shit and always wanna be shit on for being a buddyfucker and have people try to pull rank when they get caught doing illegal shit.
>>
File: lava.webm (806KB, 214x234px) Image search: [Google]
lava.webm
806KB, 214x234px
>>35048744
Sounds boring
>>
>>35048744
>joining the Chair Force to become a plane cop

Hope you like looking at CAC's outside Minot for 4 years.
>>
>>35048744
>LEOSA. Ability to carry a firearm without a permit all over the US. Applies to Military Police now, as I understand.
you don't know this, but .mil "police" are all flashlight cops. they are not LEOs. when a MP or SF is off duty, they don't have a gun on them. Would you let some 18 y/o carry a gun off duty and unsupervised? If a recruiter has told you that MP/SF is basically federal law enforcement, he lied to you.
>>
You're a security guard

It's as boring and aimless as it sounds
>>
>>35049103
>Sounds boring
That the Air Force. Its just a shitty corporation that pretends its military whenever they need to guilt Congress into raising their budget.
>>
>>35048744

>2. LEOSA. Ability to carry a firearm without a permit all over the US. Applies to Military Police now, as I understand.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!

Nope. The second you go off-duty your duty weapons all go right back into the armory and a random set gets issued back to you the next shift.

You aren't allowed to carry a personal weapon instead on-duty and you still aren't allowed to CC on base when you're off-duty just like everyone else
>>
>>35048744
dont do it

T. current security forces member
>>
Oh and let's not forget that it doesn't matter what job in the Air Force you have, when you go down to get a CCW in most states they won't care that firearms are in your daily use and that you have prior training and still insist you shell out hundreds of bucks for a CCW class that will teach you exactly nothing you don't already know and a lot of stuff that is outright false/mistaken/fuddlore.

The only exception to this rule I can think of off the top of my head is Florida, which waives any requirement for a CCW class as long as you just prove you're active-duty. As far as the Sunshine State is concerned the obese nigger E-5 from Equal Opportunity is just as competently trained as a Security Forces Airman or a fucking Para rescue.

Oh and if you enlist in the Air Force and are single there's a 90% chance you're going to Osan or Kunsan in South Korea for a year first and wouldn't even be allowed to own a gun or acquire a CHL until you PCS'd back to the States, and a year in Korea is all you need to decide you actually hate your life, hate the Air Force, and hate America and just want to watch the entire world suffer and burn.
>>
>>35049136
>>35049615
I think he's talking about when he gets out of the AF. All current and former LEOs can get 50 state carry. He thinks this applies to MPs.
(idk if true)
>>
>>35049725

It's not true.

MPs and SF aren't actually considered trained enough to be given special consideration if they apply for LEO. They have to go through all training again as if they were a civilian sheltered kid who had never seen a gun in their life.

Civilian LEO and companies HATE the military, anon. Sure they say they Support the Troops and offer you military discount at the checkout line but the thought of actually hiring any of us to be permanent workers is an idea inherently repulsive to all of them.
>>
>domestic violence
>domestic violence
>domestic voilence
>ooo piece of candy
>domestic violence
>why does everyone hate me
>domestic violence
what does tomorrow hold?
>>
>>35049683
not in Georgia. you fill out a form at the court house, get fingerprinted and get your CCW. I was stationed at Ft Stupid and I was shocked at how easy it was. The hardest part was finding a paper utility bill to take in and show them I was residing in the state.
>>
Might as well pick any job out of a hat from any service if you just want benefits. If you want to carry a gun legally everywhere, become an actual cop, federal leo is even better. Btw everyone hates MPs and SF because they generally suck ass at everything and fuck everyone over. AKA join who cares military service and be a finance clerk and you have the easiest job ever. Same benefits.
>>
>>35049090
>>35049113
>>35049631

These guys are right.
>T. Current Air Force
>>
>>35048744
It's alright just don't be a faggot that gives people tickets for going 21 in a 20
>>
>>35048744
Just an FYI. You dont have to use your GI bill for college. It can go towards just about any kind of training or education. You can even use it for an apprenticeship if you wanna fill the current skills gap. Also with the recent bill passed by trump you keep your GI bill for life and can tranfer it to your kids if wanted.
>>
Cop here; it's alright if you actually care about doing your job, but you'll find that most everyone else around you is very loose with it. I'm an A1C and since I've been here at this base long enough, I do get to go out on patrol, but I will still probably have to do gates intermittently until after I get both SrA and I take ALS.
>>
>>35048744
Why would anyone join the Air Force just to be a security guard?
>>
>>35050229
Why would anyone come on a thread to ask stupid questions?
>>
>>35050229
Why would anyone join the Air Force to do anything that isn't piloting a fighter jet?
>>
>>35050291
Because they need people to work on the fighter jets too.
>>
>>35048744
I was a security forces member for six years, anon. I got out as a E-5

I would not recommend it. The Air Force doesn't really respect the career field. It's used as a dumping field for those that flunk out of their tech school. Moreover, Flight Chiefs look at law enforcement patrol training as a privilege instead of a vital component of your training. In other words, only flight chief favorites and the flight morale airmen (the flight whore). Most troops end up working mindless ART/SRT postings throughout their enlistment.

You'll most likely end up working with a lot of young, unmotivated people that will attempt to drag you down with crab mentality if you don't have a pussy.

If you want something combat oriented, go TACP I guess. If not, there's tons of other fields. Pick something more versatile and profitable.
>>
>>35049771
Not true it depends I your military job I guess my job gets me decent money outside and they get tax breaks for hiring vet's.
However op sec fo is a terrible fucking job a lot of idiots and a lot of bullshit. They eat their own punishment wise terrible hours and the ugliest/sluttiest girls.
>>
Some .mil carry under LEOSA and are given DoD IDs which reflect this.
That said, every MP, Security Force, and SP I've talked to says it blows. Before I became a LEO and was considering going MP, and the recruiter straight up said "No. I used to be one, don't do it."
Go civilian police. Less and less people want to become cops in today's political/social climate, when I got on I had to try for three years. Nowadays you can go from testing to academy in 6 months.
>>
>>35051852
>police department celebrates all these dumb holidays and diversity events
>wastes money on this shit while we have a heroin epidemic
>see police captain and talk to him about applying
>"Heh, I don't know about that buddy, that scar you got on your eye makes you look a bit menacing."
Every police department is just some PC dude peace lmao department. I'd join if I lived in a different state.
>>
>>35050314
>aircraft maintenance

There are worse fates than death, friend.
>>
File: IMG_20160508_191806.jpg (105KB, 542x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160508_191806.jpg
105KB, 542x960px
>>35051939
I work in a city like this right now.
Every city is like this right now, frankly.
Go rural, suburban, or state.
>>
>>35048744
if you have any mental disorders whatsoever i suggest you deal with them before going to basic otherwise you will have a bad time.
so if you have anxiety or some other turbo-sperg tier shit then make sure its under control
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.