[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black Powder General BPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 1847-walker-revolver.png (622KB, 2000x704px) Image search: [Google]
1847-walker-revolver.png
622KB, 2000x704px
Question, the other day I loaded grease between the wad and ball, I'm new to BP but it did seem accurate and easy to clean. Does anyone else do this, any reason not to?

http://www.geojohn.org/BlackPowder/bps3.html recommends it
>>
>>35045713
>wad
>grease
>in the chambers

It's added expense for no benefit. I just carefully load powder and ball. Thousands of rounds with no chainfire.
>>
>>35045751
Im not worried about chain fires, from my reading the grease helps clean and shoot for a prolonged time. How many rounds do you fire at a time, I'd love to cut down on materials
>>
>>35045828
Usually about 54 shots from each gun I bring per range trip. The 1851 Navies I shoot usually only like to run this long before the arbor gunks up. I don't notice any change in accuracy with the fouling.
>>
>>35045854
good to know, I'll probably skip all this gunk or use intermittently given Im so slow to load then
>>
>>35045713
Know a guy who deals in milsurp, hes got a beaumont with vitali mag for 350, yea or nay?
>>
>>35045892
If it's in decent shape, good deal.
>>
>>35045713
>>35045713
this bait it stinks
>>
Can I find bp revolver in pawn shop?
What's a good price?

What are risks how check if broken
>>
>>35046066
Stay away from pietta. Make sure the action is timed correctly. Obviously ask to cock it. Ask if it's been fired before. Field strip it if possible and look for wear that seems unnatural.
>>
>>35045854
>I don't notice any change in accuracy with the fouling.
Distance you ate shooting at must be too short then.
>>
>>35046896
There's literally nothing wrong with Pietta BP revopvers, and I say this having experience with almost all the Italian repro companies.
>>
>>35046937
I fail to see how 25 yards is less than is to be expected of a pistol.
>>
>>35046949
25 yards is not a whole lot with a full size black powder revolvers. Try 50.
>>
>>35046967
Ok, so outside of benchresting pistols at 50 yards, the fouling has no discernible effect on accuracy. Pops 2 liters all day at 25 right where you aim.
>>
>>35046992
>>35046992
>Ok, so outside of benchresting pistols at 50 yards
Never said anything about benchresting. You seem to severly underestimate what full size black powder revolvers are capable of.

>the fouling has no discernible effect on accuracy
Flat out not true.

>Pops 2 liters all day at 25 right where you aim.
Whatever floats your boat, have fun the way you want, couldn't care less. As far as I'm concerned you can even shoot paper at point blank range and masturbate over how tight the group is all day.

But don't say fouling has no effect on accuracy because that's simply false. As other Anon mentioned using grease also allows more shots before it gunks up.
>>
File: Hickok45.jpg (44KB, 608x342px) Image search: [Google]
Hickok45.jpg
44KB, 608x342px
>>35046992
>Popping 2 liters
Hickok, you're too old for 4chan. Please leave.
>>
>>35047048
No need to take offense to my observations, and you're free to try it yourself and share results if you find it's different for you.

I think you're just imagining heavily an effect on accuracy with fouling. Guns hit right where they're aimed all day without grease in chambers or cleaning during shooting.

Likewise, you can shoot paper and miss all day and blame it on the gun. I don't appreciate you coming here and spreading lies based on your lack of experience.
>>
I was thinking of getting an 1851 as baby's first BP. Is there any real difference made with the materials of the Yankee and London steel variants aside from looks?
.36 or .44?
>>
>>35047082
>Guns hit right where they're aimed all day without grease in chambers or cleaning during shooting.
Tell me all about those people who win black powder competitions that are not using grease, I'll wait.

>I don't appreciate you coming here and spreading lies based on your lack of experience.
Then only one spreading lies here is you. That or just plain ignorance.
>>
File: Moving-the-goalposts.jpg (29KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
Moving-the-goalposts.jpg
29KB, 300x240px
>>35047176
>Tell me all about those people who win black powder competitions that are not using grease, I'll wait.
Well which is it then? Is it the distance? Is it the grease? Is it participating in a shooting competition that determines whether fouling affects the accuracy of the shots I've made? Does it depend on some person ordained by God, or is it you yourself who determines what affect fouling had on the accuracy of the shots I've made?

You certainly seem to hold 'Black Powder Competitions' in high regard, so can you name which competition you've pulled all this comprehensive data from? I'm sure we'd all love to see it knowing how in depth the information you have is.

>Then only one spreading lies here is you. That or just plain ignorance.
Even if this were the case, at least you've told us I don't miss shots with my blackpowder revolvers as much as you.

Nice 'no u' response, by the way. It really lives up to the quality and quantity of helpful posts you've contributed to this thread.
>>
>>35047225
Still waiting. There's no rush though, take your time.
>>
File: 4405673-1419641297037.jpg (32KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
4405673-1419641297037.jpg
32KB, 600x375px
>>35048661
Wait all you like, it won't make your request any less of an argument.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.