[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't more red dots have BDCs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 02B.jpg (92KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
02B.jpg
92KB, 1000x667px
Why don't more red dots have BDCs?
>>
Because it's unnecessary clutter for the sole reason of being tacticool.
>>
>>35044671
>red dot
>shooting at ranges long enough to warrant cluttering your reticle to all fuck and back with BDCs
>with 2 MOA dots
That is some memey shit.
>>
>>35044671
Fuck BDCs
I want a low magnification etched dot/simple crosshair prism scope.

All that cluttered BDC bullshit that only works with a platonically ideal rifle that fires a platonically ideal brand of ammo.
>>
>>35044671
Red dots are supposed to be simple and quick for close range. BCD is just extra bullshit in the sight picture you don't need for a purpose it isn't meant for and isn't even good at. Also>>35045176 gets it they are pretty shit in normal scopes too. You have to have a matching zero to what the recticle was set up for with the same load ammo and everything and that just doesn't really happen in the real world unless you do competition
>>
>>35044671
Because they're too small to be useful unless you have a magnifier
>>
>>35045562
How is it different than lining up a regular sight picture at an extended range?
>>
>>35045346
>You have to have a matching zero to what the recticle was set up for with the same load ammo

Like any optic?
>>
File: _MG_7728.jpg (875KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
_MG_7728.jpg
875KB, 1920x1280px
>>35044671
The eotech-ish reticle Holosun offers is great.
>>
>>35045618
The dots are just too small and close together, so in practice they all just blend together
>>
>>35045644
Bad eyes? If you can co witness through an apature sight it should help focus the dots for you.
>>
>>35044671
Holy shit, that completely misses the point of what a red dot is meant for.
>>
>>35045628
>red dots need a particular gun/ammo combo
>traditional reticle scopes need a particular gun/ammo combo
>>
>>35045679
Your zero won't magically adapt.
>>
>>35045715
the difference is that regular crosshairs have moa/mil subtensions and BDCs have arbitrary bullshit
>>
>>35045749
>arbitrary
Sure every arbitrary ACOG out there.
>>
>>35044671
>+-7" MPBR on M193 is 425 yards
>durr my red dot needs A bdc

Put dot on collarbone and you are dropping rounds on someone's head or just below the sternum 400 yards out
>>
>>35045749
>Be scope manufacturer
>Have a mil-square reticle
>In the second focal plane
>The tics are only accurately spaced at 14x magnification
>>
>>35044671

My girl has one on her gun. I picked it over one of the eotech reticle clones because the donut of death could be turned off if you want. She can't see too well and the 65moa circle for close work can help her find the reticle much easier. The criticisms in the thread are pretty accurate. The only way I can use the bdc drops are when the brightness is very low, and I'm lucky to have great eyesight. Most people who've tried to use it remark that they're unusable.

It is a bit memey, and all my other red dots are just plain 2moa dots. But it is the right type of memey for my purpose, and I'm glad it's on the market.
>>
>>35045773
acogs are a meme
>>
>>35045628
Last time i checked if I used a BDC zeroed for 100 yards it will not match if i want a zero at anything other then 100 yards, projectiles fall parabolic not linear. So no not like any optic because I cant deviate without rendering the BDC useless
>>
>>35045176

TA44 compact ACOG sounds like what you might be looking for. It smol.
>>
I like the Eotech one with one bdc dot. The 4 dot one is a little much. It's not really distracting for close up, and is very precise with a magnifier. Only thing I don't like about that setup is that it's like 2 pounds of optic.
>>
File: eotech-2-dot-reticle-252x125.jpg (25KB, 252x125px) Image search: [Google]
eotech-2-dot-reticle-252x125.jpg
25KB, 252x125px
>>35045976
Forgot pic
>>
>>35044671
Your image already shows exactly why. The tiny little dots are going to be hard to see and hard to use in any sort of fight.

What would be best if you want to have this kind of drop reticule is TWO chevrons at most. One is for zero, one is for max effective range for the caliber. That's it. Everything else you can guesstimate and walk into the target somewhere between the two points.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.