[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can AR fags even compete

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: scar29a.jpg (82KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
scar29a.jpg
82KB, 800x600px
>>
by being functionally identical yet $2000 cheaper
>>
>>35044210
>$3,500 gun that needs another $1,000 of upgrades to be good
I still want one though.
>>
>>35044375
Pssh, poorfags get out. My SCAR was on sale for $900 even, but I paid the guy $10,000 just because I can.
>>
>>35044375
this. I want one just to dump money into like a G19 but that's dumb. Still prolly gonna buy a 17 and dump money into tho :^)
>>
>>35044667
Same. For some reason, I want to buy one of the 20" barrels and the X-Products receiver for the 17 so I can use the drum mags and make it into a pseudo-LMG thing.
>>
>>35044210
what does this mean?
>>
>>35044696
would be fun
I don't plan on getting the other lower, at least not yet. I guess I haven't seen how common AR10 mags are yet.
>>
>>35044704
It means the bolt takes longer to get out of battery.
>>
>>35044709
I think the main purpose is to use their 50-round SR25 drum mags that are like $100 as well as Pmags. I think it also lets you use AR pistol grips.
>>
>>35044210
Both are "AR based".
Are you just stupid?
>>
>>35044704

The elongated carrier travel and cam pin path allow the SCAR bolt to unlock slower and more gradually, providing the fired cartridge time to cool and contract from its expanded state thus improving extraction reliability and reducing the potential likelihood of case head separation.
>>
>>35044791
shidd. I don't ever plan to run a drum through it. I guess it'll be alright I just wanna
>rail extension for aesthetics
>scar stock a shit, ACR a best
>extended charging handle

Can I but a BAD lever on it? I actually kinda like them desu
that's about it though. am I missing anything other than glass?
>>
>>35044704
not OP but longer cam track equals more dwell time so there is more time for the chamber pressure to drop to safe levels so thereby equalling longer bolt life

reportedly the full autism SCAR they have at some vegas rental range is still on it's original bolt from the factory
>>
>>35044826
Oh, just like an AR-16/AR-18.. How novel...
>>
>>35044828
>scar stock a shit, ACR a best

How to identify someone who has never used either, the post.
>>
>>35044780
does it take longer than a carbine length gas system? rifle length?

>>35044837
rifle length and mid length a best for ARs

>>35044845
I've shot 2 mags through a 17 and the stock was alright but had a tiny wobble in it prolly nothing much tho but still triggered me. Aesthetically speaking though ACR>Boot
>>
>>35044838

No, more like a G36. The AR-18 cam path is just as abrupt as the AR-15 was before it.
>>
>>35044828
Some place makes an aluminum stick hinge since the plastic factory hinge apparently gets beat to death by the bolt carrier.
>>
>>35044870
>Inferring the G36 melt-o-matic is an improvement on the lineage..
>>
>>35044828
The scar stock is great, you've only seen it in pictures so you think it's shit
>>
>>35044375
What """upgrades"
>inb4 muh non reciprocating charging handle
That's not an upgrade.
>>
>>35044897
*stock hinge
>>
>>35044897
This is a meme that needs to die, I've put thousands of rounds through mine and the stock assembly is fine
>>
>>35044907
See >>35044828
Also Geissele super SCAR trigger.
>>
>>35044704
>what does this mean?
Literally nothing. It's absolutely meaningless; devoid of any value or insight. We're all dumber for the OP's post.
>>
>>35044920
None of those except the trigger is an upgrade.
>>
>>35044915
I thought that meme was started by SOCOM.
>>35044930
>a full-length aluminum M-Lok rail isn't an upgrade
>>
>>35044920

The only thing the SCAR "needs" is ammo to shoot.

>>35044915

People replacing the factory hinge plate with aftermarket products soon discover why that part was plastic to begin with. Usually when they post on the forums asking why their receiver screws are now suddenly canted.
>>
>>35044897
I haven't heard of them getting beat to death. Mainly just being weak compared to the rest of the rifle. seems neat though

>>35044904
sure babe. It's not even THAT bad in pictures and I love how it was made foe the rifle because they look great together but they're flimsy from what I've hear. the guy who owns it said he's probably gonna put an AR buffer tube to put a AR stock on it. ugly as fuck but it's his gun

>>35044907
the charging handle is fine aside from being kinda small

>>35044920
oh shit this is most important

>>35044930
a longer rail sure is fuck is. as simple as it would be for FN to have a literal undisputed GOAT 5.56 rifle they just won't. it's stuck in time and needs to catch up to the AR market especially for the fucking price
>>
>>35044865
It only effects how soon the bolt will start unlocking and doesn't change how quickly gas comes down the gas system.
>>
>>35044969
>it's stuck in time and needs to catch up to the AR market especially for the fucking price

This is the statement that gets me. You're right, but so fucking wrong.

First of all, FN doesn't owe you anything. Not. A. Thing.

They price their products commensurate with what the market will support. And they have no problem selling at MSRP, so buck up or shut up and move along. Be grateful a European firearm company the likes of FN is even willing to expend the time and effort to bring these products to domestic market. They could just as easily be another HK and say fuck off while sitting fat and happy off their government contracts.

Which brings me to the second point. The SCAR is what it is precisely because it's what the customer at the time asked for. You are not that customer. You never were. So either you happen to like and want the same features that the SCAR provides or you don't. If the later is true, there are plenty of other options.

In many ways the SCAR is a product of the period it was designed, and while aftermarket products offer the possibility to customize certain aspects, it's entirely unwarranted to expect the gun to fulfill every potential niche the unwashed masses demand it should.

TL;DR: Take it for what it is or leave it alone.
>>
>TL;DR Take it for what it is or leave it alone.

No problem :^)
>>
>>35045134
>le HK hates civilians meme
You literally know nothing, and you probably don't even own a scar
>>
File: IMG_0097.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0097.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>35044969
Trust me, the stock is plenty durable and excels at what it was designed for

Maybe you should purchase your own instead of hypothesizing
>>
>>35045850
If the 17 makes me cum as I'd imagine I just might but not before then. if they're good then they're good babe. less money for me to spend
>>
>>35044210
Even when accounting for mass and speed, a whole 2cm isn't going to drastically change the shear stress on the locking lug, not to mention this is comparing a 556 rifle bolt carrier to a 308 bolt carrier.

And while you could pull some shit out of your ass like "BUH IF IS 4 CM VS 6, IS FIFTEH PURCENTAGE STRUNGER :XD," like some Eldritch FN cock sucker like >>35045134, who has confused the second coming of Christ with a company that's who doesn't make guns, but rather makes money like every single fucking company out there, that still wouldn't make you right because Mechanical Engineering is considered part science and part art for a reason, and that's because at face value, what you think you know about something could and probably is, wrong because nothing is ever so simple.

For example, FN machines their bolts and bolt carriers from billet Stainless while all "Milspec" AR bolts and carriers are machined from rolled 158 Carpenters. In terms of literal shear resistance, the SCAR is due to fail a lot sooner theoretically, but you look at typical failures of both systems and at best you see around 7-8 years ago, people were reporting sheared LOCKING LUGS on ARs that weren't exactly Milspec, but WERE definitely cheapo Bolt Carriers.

Now, Milspec maintains it's place as being standard because it works, and by the time you'd experience a failure in either rifle system using similarly priced rifles, you'd find they end up somewhere around the same mark when they fail, and when they're designed to be serviced.

>Buh muh shoot fu retard rung FAN shills say deir SXARZ went 1000000 rounds with out maintenance
And yet, during the how many times now the SCAR has been pitted against the M16 and M4, they bot end up being equals in terms of how much of a beating before catastrophic failure.

ARs compete by being the service rifle that's been chosen and kept, despite every attempt being made to incentivise the switch to the SCAR.
>>
File: 100_0212.jpg (3MB, 2909x4421px) Image search: [Google]
100_0212.jpg
3MB, 2909x4421px
>>35045891
Most AR15 part schedule replacement schedules say replace the bolt every 10-15k rounds.

Or just an LMT or E3 bolt

ARs are fine
>>
>>35045835
There are things HK does which are beyond explanation beyond "Fuck civilians"
IE: The serial number location on the SL8 being a big fat "FUCK YOU" to anybody who wants to convert it into a G36.
Do you have any explanation as to why HK would put it there of all places?
>>
>>35044210
so how many barrel/extension lugs on an ar have you seen sheared off?
>>
>>35044929
this is true
>>
File: scar.jpg (3MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
scar.jpg
3MB, 2340x4160px
>>35044210
A FUCKING BOOT
>>
>>35045945
>replace
Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>35046889
>>replace
>Into the trash it goes.
Yes, that's generally the idea.
>>
they didn't hold up to the M4. At least the military seems to think so.

>inb4 hurr speshul forces has em
The army can afford them in that case. and their upgrades. and their upkeep.
>>
OP your picture doesn't take into account the operating system of the AR-15, the AR is not a short stroke piston operated gun like the SCAR but a Stoner style Direct impingement.
I would be interested in seeing data on the unlocking time of the bolt in both the AR-15 and the SCAR.
One thing i'll admit is that the SCAR bolt is a lot beefier, a feature i would really appreciate in the AR since bolt breakage is so common.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>you will NEVER have a scar or cat like mine

i really dont understand why people will buy 6 shitty ar15s instead of one scar 17
>>
File: 1447671557010.jpg (52KB, 410x429px) Image search: [Google]
1447671557010.jpg
52KB, 410x429px
>>35044350
4.5 moa =/= 1 moa

>>35044828
you've never touched a scar

>>35044865
>paying $300 to switch out a stock which changes the mounting plate from polymer to aluminum that throws off the harmonics of the battery causing screws to come loose that were factory lock tightened in

bubba pls go. polymer is fine.

>>35044897
you're retarded. see above.

>>35044920
a scar is made for combat. and has a combat trigger.

>>35045134
is this copypasta?

>>35045867
stop calling people babe faggot

>>35045891
STL please go and stay go
>>
>>35046977
The army is now considering a .308 infantry rifle because muh stopping power.
>>
I had a Scar 16 once. Had the super scar and kdg stock.

Sold it and got an SR15 for a lot less. Don't regret it one bit.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.