[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was robbed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: network admin.jpg (331KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
network admin.jpg
331KB, 1920x1080px
My house was robbed recently, and I don't feel safe anymore. I have no experience with guns at all, and I want to buy one now that I feel like this.

They took my car, my computer, everything. It's all gone.

Can someone help me with choosing a gun, or some sort of weapon to protect myself? I really don't know anything about them other than they kill people...

(pic irrelevant)
>>
Buy an ar15 and weapon light, learn how to shoot it
>>
>>35044186
Generally, an AR would be the best choice, but what's your budget?
>>
>>35044252
500$
>>
>>35044186
>the gun is always loaded
>keep your finger out of the triggerguard until you're ready to shoot
>never point the gun at anything you don't intend to kill
>always know what's behind the target

Get a compact 9mm handgun so:
You can close doors and use your phone in the other hand
So practice is affordable

Any HK, Sig, or flock will work.

If you're really poor a hipoint will work.

If you're in the US use gunbroker, and reddit gundeals.
>>
>>35044186
are you talking home defense or a carry piece?
>>
>>35044186
>computer
HOW MAKE DIS POST?

HELLO?
PLEASE RETURN THAT COMPUTER YOU STOLE, OP.
>>
>>35044282
Probably the best deal for under $500 right now:
https://www.gunbuyer.com/walther-ppq-m1-9mm-4-barrel-15-round-black-2795400-wal2795400-gb.html
>>
>>35044330
I have a phone too retard.
>>35044333
I'll take a look
>>
>>35044186
Rock Island Armory 1911.
or if you have the patience, one from a parts kit.
>>
>>35044186
Single shot break-open 12 gauge shotgun.

Go to Amazon and buy the NRA's manual on basic firearms safety and home defense. Study it.

Sorry for your loss. Some tweaker siphoned all the gas out of my pickup night before last. Sign of the times.
>>
File: ENOUGH1.jpg (93KB, 654x653px) Image search: [Google]
ENOUGH1.jpg
93KB, 654x653px
>>35044363
nigga u serious. he just got robbed and he's looking for protection not to larp

>only 500 bucks to spare
'yo buy a big as fuck, 7 round gun that may or may not run that only a few can conceal carry and is a worse choice for home defence than a 150 dollar double barrel'

>hurr durr I just lost everything now lemme learn how to fit assemble this shit

fuck you
>>
>>35044186
Home invasion? Post news article please...
>>
File: canik_tp9sa.jpg (13KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
canik_tp9sa.jpg
13KB, 512x512px
Buy this and 1000. Rounds of 9mm and practice

https://www.csfirearms.com/century-arms-canik-tp9sa-9mm-
>>
>>35044859
https://www.csfirearms.com/century-arms-canik-tp9sa-9mm-4-47-barrel-18rd-black
>>
>>35044782
>150 dollar double barrel'

Where are thes 150 double barrels?
>>
>>35044363
You're seriously stupid.
>>
>>35044186
All this stuff was taken with you in the house? Did they rape you?
>>
>>35044859
a solid choice. could probably carry if needed and will work for home defence. can fill both roles just good enough

>>35044921
idk babe I was just throwing an example. could probably talk some fudds out of one
>>
Were you robbed, or burgled? Because a gun doesn't do anything to stop a burglary.

Sounds like they took their time, too. Most gun safes can be broken into inside of 30 minutes, or carted off to be broken into later.
>>
>>35044282
>>35044333
http://grabagun.com/ruger-ar-556-black-ar-15-223-5-56mm-16-1-inch-30rd.html

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/166590/10202/smith-and-wesson-mp15-sport-ii-new-5.56mm-rifle-with-dust-cover-and-forward-assist
>>
>>35044186
Buy a Maverick 88 and some ammo. Buy s security camera system that streams footage to the cloud. Get a dog to guard your house for you.

Hopefully that will solve your home security problems.
>>
>>35044186

If your house was broken into while you were away, they'd have any long guns you kept too.

Get a small handgun, do what is required in your state to be able to lawfully carry it on your person, then keep it on you at all times. It goes on with your clothing in the AM, goes on your nightstand when you go to bed.

The vanilla suggestion is a S&W Shield in 9mm.
>>
>>35044369

Single-shot? Are you trying to get OP killed?

Mossberg 500 with flashlight, OP.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2400x3000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2400x3000px
Go to dog pound find one on death row
Bring home and feed nothing but steak until it puts on five pounds. Leave doors open to the public. Problem solved.
>>
>>35044818
He didn't say home invasion, he said that he got robbed. That's not even local news.
>>
>>35044186
>I really don't know anything about cars other than they drunk drive
anyway, popular home defense choices are 9mm pistols, 12ga shotguns and those scary black rifles gungrabbers are so scared of, the final decision comes down to personal preference
whatever you get, make sure you have a lot of ammo to practice with, and if all your knowledge of guns comes from Hollywood I would suggest a safety course too
>>
>>35044186
guns do not kill people.
people, kill people.

an inanimate object doesn't do anything by itself. it's neither good, nor bad. it's how you as a person choose to use it.

congratulations, you have taken the first step in deciding to not be a victim. learn to defend yourself. learn gun safety. and learn to take responsibility for the actions you may some day have to take in defense of yourself.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.