[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Learning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: P320s.jpg (144KB, 1150x690px) Image search: [Google]
P320s.jpg
144KB, 1150x690px
I just recently moved to the states and will be getting a hand gun for home protection and for practice. Now the problem is that I do not have any useful knowledge or experience for either purchasing, handling, maintaining or keeping a gun in general.

Could you guys recommend me any THOROUGH and COMPREHENSIVE courses I can take in California for gun safety, handling and maintenance? personal anecdotes and experiences would be muh appreciated. Thanks.

Pic not necessarily related.
>>
>California

You're not getting any useful knowledge or experience for either purchasing, handling, maintaining or keeping a gun in general in that state, bud.
>>
>>35041070
this
also any gun you get here is gonna be gimped in some way or another
>>
>>35041053
>Now the problem is that I do not have any useful knowledge or experience for either purchasing, handling, maintaining or keeping a gun in general.

Check out Luckygunner's blog, it is very concise and non-bullshit gun blogger garbage made by someone who isn't a retard. Their material is geared towards the average civilian that carries.

Bookmark Pistol-Forum and Pistol-Training, Pistol-Forum is singlehandedly the best forum for discussion about defensive pistol shooting. There, you could get some good recommendations for good classes if you search around. I know there are some instructors that teach in CA but I forgot exactly who.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjNRPtDJK3c&t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=199Wpskwa3k

Just dropping a quick truth bomb here: Your selection of gun is a VERY small component in the entire system of conceal carry and self defense in general. As much shit you'll get for having cucked mags in CA, a Glock 26, P239, Shield or P30SK are all good effective options.

Also check out Tom Given's Rangemaster newsletter, Greg Ellifritz's Active Response Training website and Revolver Science for 100% non bullshit self defense resources.
>>
>>35041053
>California
Good luck with that. Last time I checked foreign nationals get no guns.
>>
>>35041131
Thank you very much for all the info and links. It should keep me busy for a while.

>>35041406
The idea is to learn and practice until my naturalization progress is finished. My wife is from here and I am a permanent recident as of now.
>>
File: 1482188530842.gif (327KB, 834x870px) Image search: [Google]
1482188530842.gif
327KB, 834x870px
>>35041406
Oh, wow. Actually, I hadn't known this before, but looking it up, at least as of 2014 (And I doubt it was fucking overturned), foreign nationals aren't allowed around guns in California, which is basically the one thing even illegal immigrants can't do. In fact, if you're in the home with someone who has one, they have to lock it up if you're around.

Sorry, OP. I really appreciate you're a foreigner excited to get into firearms, we need more of that. However, due to the strict nature of California's gun control, if you don't have a green card, I don't think you can get a gun.
>>
File: 1452631977582 (1).jpg (416KB, 1800x1274px) Image search: [Google]
1452631977582 (1).jpg
416KB, 1800x1274px
>>35041504
>>35041507
Well, in that case, you should be fine. I posted just as yours went up, but you appear to have a green card. In that case, welcome to America.

The Lucky Gunner handgun selection video is good, but I'm not quite sure what your full list of selection is. There's a defined roster for handguns and an individual process to get a license to have one, even for non-carry purposes (If I recall) in California. Look up the roster and do research on the selections on it; there's some older production, solid pistols you might be able to find used that aren't necessarily the new or most popular choices. Stick with those if you can, but do your research.

As to technique, this is a video that's helped me. Long watch, but worth it, and good information for once you're solid on the basics presented in that other video. Good luck in everything, man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChSazF41q-s
>>
>>35041053
>in California
Oh God anon you may as well not be in the US.
>>
>>35041578
It's funny, Canucks and Europeans like to make fun of Californians
At least they can actually conceal carry in CA, despite how annoying the process of getting a permit can be.
>>
>>35041053

>handgun
>for home defense

U wot m8? Buy a maverick 12ga. Cheap, pretty reliable, great for home defense. Long guns are easier to learn. Easier to aim and shoot well. Do handguns later. Long arms are superior in everyway, other than being concealable. If you're not conceal carrying, a long arm is always better. Maverick shotgun can be had for 250 or less.
>>
>>35041053
What part of California are you in? I'm in SF and can go over all of that shit. You can also take a peek at the Firearms Safety Certificate Handbook that the Attorney General publishes.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.