[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mass hysteria

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 1504190798180.png (1MB, 921x647px) Image search: [Google]
1504190798180.png
1MB, 921x647px
My experience trying to fill my tank last night in DFW left me genuinely worried about an actual SHTF scenario. People getting in fistfights over an imaginary gas shortage is nothing compared to how these stupid sheep will react in an actual event. How do I prepare myself for the panic stage of SHTF (within reason, i'm a turbopoorfag)

All i have right now:
SKS- 100 rnds
USP- 50rnds
4 gallons of water
Rice- 5lbs
Red beans- 5lbs
Canned tuna- 10 cans

tl;dr- I know I'm underprepared gib advice
>>
File: tactically fishing for (you)s.jpg (49KB, 508x340px) Image search: [Google]
tactically fishing for (you)s.jpg
49KB, 508x340px
bump
>>
Water filters, medical supplies, lighters, more ammo for your primary, would be a good start
>>
>>35038731
As long as you can move it. That's enough supplies to hold out. You should also have the normal food for daily life, that does account for a few days. So just have your plans. From natural disasters to Chinese invasion. Seems fine to me. Just continue to consider what you would do for continued water needs and any electric needs like phones and shit.
>>
>>35038731
>USP
>turbopoorfag
>>
>>35038881
Water and canned goods. I disagree with 'more ammo for your primary' as a pistol would be more concealable and versatile.

Walking around with a full sized rifle like an sks would instantly get you too much attention if people are losing their minds.
>>
thank god i'm leaving this shithole of a state today and have a full tank of gas to last me till Oklahoma

fuck texas and these wannabe cowboys

oh and the spurs suck ass
>>
>>35038731
>full tang hunting knife
>full first aid kit
>secondary first aid kit
>91% isopropynol
>a metal pot to cook/eat out of
>multivitamins
>more food
>much more water + water filter
>>
>>35038881
rgr wilco

>>35038884
Yeah I think I can hold out for two weeks at most if I fill up the tub. I just was astounded at the sheer stupidity of people hoarding because of a rumor

>>35038890
I found it for $500 at a pawn shop

>>35038920
didn't even think of multivites

How long can I store water/ what's the best way to do so?

Thanks for the feedback, guys.
>>
>>35038731
>lurk Facebook
>join prepper group
>attend one or two meetups
>write down everyone's license plate #
>visit DMV and get list
>hang it on wall and write "in case of emergency"
>shtf habbening
>load up and loot and plunder prepper house
??????
profit

I mean it's just like playing dayz senpai, you let the gear whores do all the legwork hoarding loot and bushwhack them for their gear
>>
>>35038893
Have fun getting your shit pushed in by someone with a rifle when SHTF. At least your pistol is easy to conceal. While you're at it, why don't you load yourself down with more ammo for an ineffective sidearm?
>>
>>35038731
you should probably get more pistol rounds. what you have is like 3 mags worth. might be a good idea to add some vegetables to your prep. canned goods lasts like a decade. you should rate your tuna in lbs of meat rather than cans. lastly you need more water. think a gallon a day plus a gallon every 3 days for bathing.
>>
>>35039007
Yeah this is just what I have on hand. I have a quad-pack of huggies babby wipes so I figured I could bathe with those
>>
>>35038731
Need much more water, ideally a bit more food, antibiotics (critical!), more medical supplies, and it wouldn't hurt to have like 10 gallons of gas in your garage.
>>
>>35039061
Oh, also a water filter. There are some backpacking ones out there that last a while.
>>
>>35039070
>buying a water filter
you guys need to stop falling for this bullshit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOxZrCAPhok
>>
>>35038731
>People getting in fistfights over an imaginary gas shortage
same here in Waco, these retards dried up the tanks and all we got was some rain
>>
>>35039098
QuikTrip near my house was the only place that had gas. I spent 40 minutes waiting, burning that vague amount of fuel that is left after the needle dips under the red line.

QT employees were actually directing traffic efficiently and streamlined the process. I hope they got raises
>>
>>35039084
>Don't buy a water filter, idiot, just use all the ingredients that comprise water filters

A water filter system is useful because you don't have to spend a fuckload of time making it safe. You can use solar water disinfection if you have a plastic water bottle. Just leave it in the sun for 6-8 hours and it will kill most organisms. This doesn't filter particulate matter though. Look up SODIS for more info, but if you have no better option, leaving water in a clear plastic bottle in the sun will work.
>>
File: 81F5Lfc7rRL._SL1500_.jpg (192KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81F5Lfc7rRL._SL1500_.jpg
192KB, 1500x1500px
>>35039084
Ah, yes, that's so small and easy to carry around. And water that looks clean is totally safe to drink.

Meanwhile, pic related (Sawyer Mini) is rated for 100k gallons, is $20 on Amazon, and is fucking tiny.
>>
>>35039208
That's neat as hell
>>
>>35038954
>best way to store water
Boil it to kill off microbes, then stick it in a sealed container (ideally glass for taste) in the dark
>how long
A long time. Feel free to check it every couple months to make sure it's still good.
>>
>>35038731
The real answer that the peppers don't like is "get the fuck outta dodge before shit goes down". Have a buddy in a different state where you can crash on their couch if need be, get there before SHTF and not after
>>
>>35039185
>Just leave it in the sun for 6-8 hours and it will kill most organisms.
That only works if you live close to the equator (i.e. upto 35°N/S)
>>
>>35039392
I've got a buddy with some bottling gear i could borrow, good idea

>>35039416
I live in the 9th biggest city in the US (the rank may have changed but still). Counting on being on the leading edge of the wave of evacuees is unrealistic at best
>>
>>35038731
For dry foods your going to need mylay bags (Get 1 gallon bags) 50 for $30, oxygen absorbers and a hair straitener (To seal bags)
Put foods in bags, put oxygen absorbers in seal bags, there are many YouTube videos on this process. Mylar bagged foods will last 15 to 20 years depending on what foods.
Good foods to bag are rice, beans, flour, sugar, grits, oatmeal, coffee, dry gravy, corn, the list is huge.
I store my prepps in cooler sized storage boxes, each box is 1 week of supplies, it makes inventory easy and if I need to take it, I have 1 week of supplies instead of a box of 30 bags of a single food.
A few things I also have in these boxes, multi vitamins, seasonings, hot sauce, salt, hygiene kit, towel, candle, duct tape, water filter.
Each box is a tad different, like 1/3 boxes actually have multi vitamins, different hot sauces. But Id say they are 3/4s food.
Know the difference better oxygen absorbers and silica packs.
Oxygen absorbers are for foods.
Silica packs are for keeping things dry.

>>35039208
Can confirm these Sawyer mini filters are the best filters available.
Pro tip: these screw into most plastic bottles like 2 liter soda bottles, you can use a plastic bottle gravity fed so it filters water all day.
>>
It's not imaginary. Most of Texas uses Texan gas. Those refineries just got ass fucked, and hard. There are literally no trucks coming to fill your stations. The one next to my job ran out before there was even a gas panic at all.
>>
>>35039593
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/harvey/2017/08/31/texas-railroad-commissioner-says-fuel-shortage-calls-calm
>>
>>35039570
Good info man. I'll get started as soon as i have the dosh.

>one bad dragon has been deposited into your butt
>>
Hi locojoe
>>
>>35038731
Better prepared than most, sadly...
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.