[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

earpro/EEEEEEeeeeeeEEEEEE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 24

File: 75302-x_1_1.jpg (112KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
75302-x_1_1.jpg
112KB, 1000x1000px
can we have a thread on earpro? looking to buy something on the cheap, have a budget of 200 dollars to drop on hearing protection and at this point im not gonna shoot without it as tinnitus has set into my left ear for some months now and id rather it not get worse due to my own fuckery. What do you guys use to keep your ears nice and safe?
>>
I use those howard leight foam plugs, the multicolour ones, and howard leight razors. Combined they work pretty damn well desu.
>i swear I'm not a howard leight shill
>>
>>35038018
Foam ear plugs are better than ear muffs. Once you learn how to properly use them, they have a much higher rating.
You can always wear ear muffs over ear plugs. It will increase the protection but not as much as expected. Its more incase the ear muffs get knocked around or dont fit quite right.

With $200 to spend the best thing to do is get a box of good foam ear plugs and which every set of electronic ear muffs you want. Then wear the plugs under the muffs and just crank the volume so that you can still hear normal.
>>
>>35038057

This
>>
File: 7180-bUoZlL._SY606_.jpg (30KB, 440x606px) Image search: [Google]
7180-bUoZlL._SY606_.jpg
30KB, 440x606px
>>35038037
>i swear I'm not a howard leight shill
you're not, razors are made by a different company
>>
>>35038018
anyone make a bluetooth one yet?
>>
File: best hearing protection.jpg (44KB, 730x445px) Image search: [Google]
best hearing protection.jpg
44KB, 730x445px
This is the best earpro combo you can have.
Crank up the volume, and it keeps up your situational awareness as well
>>
>>35038248
Foamies offer more NRR and if OP has a $200 budget he can go a bit higher end for electronic ear pro
>>
>>35038256
foamies are a bitch to work with, both to get in and out. These "christmas tree" plugs are not only easy to use and provide an adequate protection, they're also re-usable.

Doesn't really matter which electronic earpro you use. I got some cheapass ones for 30 bucks few years ago, and they do their job.
>>
>>35038263
>Doesn't really matter which electronic earpro you use.
Yes it does.
>>
Here's the very distilled version of an earpro thread on /k/:
>EEEEeeeeeEEEEE posters swear by using earpro when shooting
>doubling up is discussed
>a few posters think earpro is jewmeme and swear that they can shoot .50 BG indoors for 12 hours and still have no hearing loss
>a few responses on how hearing damage builds up instead of blows out all of a sudden
>"are electronic earpros worth the $?"
>cheap electronic earpros are solid but bulky and big
>gucci $300+ earpros
>thread dies

You're welcome.
>>
>>35038018

>not calling your thread eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepro
>>
OP, get some foam plugs, learn how to use them properly, and any well reviewed electronic earpros. Howard Leight green ones for the absolute minimum and cheap.
The trick is to turn the the volume high on the electronic earpro, so you can hear well with the foam plugs. If your seal ever breaks or you have to adjust during gunfire, the foam plugs will cover you.
3M sport if you want a little less bulk, option to get gel caps, but for a bit more $.

And after that, you pretty get into the military contract stuff of MSA sordins and 3M comtacs, easily into $200-300 with better electronics, build quality, and features that an ordinary person probably don't have use for.
>>
>>35038263
Foams are super easy if you have enough brain cells to read and follow the directions. Here I'll break it down for you.

1. Take one ear plug and put it in between your thumb and pointer finger
2. Squeeze down gently and roll your pointer finger back and forth to compress the plug smaller.
3. While holding the compressed ear plug and still rolling slightly
4. Reach your other hand around the back of your head and gently pull the top of your ear up towards the back of your head.
5. Insert the ear plug into your ear hole.
Not the whole way, and not just the tip. You want about 75% of it in there with about 1/4inch sticking out.
6. Let the ear plug expand. You will hear it getting quiter as it does.
7. Repeat in the other side. It is best to use the left hand to insert the left ear plug and right hand the right ear plug.

Once you get the rolling part down and the motion of inserting it, you wont need to reah around your head. Oh and to take them out just give it a twist and gently pull.
>>
>>35038360
I've literally gotten military training on how to use foams. They are still a slow, unnecessary pain in the ass.
>>
>>35038368
>military training
you still get high and tights from the barber too don't you.
>>
>>35038018
I got pic related a few months ago.

They're great, very durable and i can shoot in a rainstorm which is nice.

Only 100 bones too, I'm expecting them to last for years.
>>
>>35038018
which ones won't get fucked from your eye-pro's ear hooks?
>>
>>35038248
I'm gonna start doing starting next session.
I already have the Howard Leights, but the indoor shooting of shotguns and revolver fanatics with their .45 Colt and .500 S&W is taking its toll.
>>
File: 191.jpg (322KB, 1724x1142px) Image search: [Google]
191.jpg
322KB, 1724x1142px
I've got the Peltor Tactical 100s and they work pretty well. They reproduce sound fairly accurately and they do a good job by themselves, while outdoors at least. I haven't tried them indoors yet.
>>
>>35038990
Where did you get these for 100 dollars?
>>
I don't understand why you guys use anything other than foam or reusable in-ear plugs. They're cheap and hilariously effective.
>>
>>35038263
>i am literally too retarded to insert foam earplugs into my ears
>>
>>35039105
>google peltor 6s
>??
i hope you get aids or somthin
>>
Foamies work fine but I use the Christmas-trees because I can hang them around my neck when not in-use
>>
>>35038990
I have the tac pros, quite nice but the version I have needs special flex cables to hook up to a radio and they're expensive as fuck.
>>
>>35038018
Damnit guys. Can someone recommend me a cheapo pair of range glasses that work with Howard Leights? HL's block my current shooting glasses, causing a very uncomfortable pressure above my ear which starts to give me a headache. Maybe something that has more flared arms
>>
>>35039164
such a great anecdote!
i am jerking it in the bathroom at work to that
any other little gems to share?
>>
>>35039181
This thread is literally about anecdotes of what type of ear pro is nice to use. Peltors are a definite step up from howard leights.
>>35039117
Ear muffs can be more comfortable (depending on the person) and can be put on and taken off easily. They can also be doubled up on top of foam plugs. Even 33dB NRR foam plugs aren't really enough for shooting larger calibers indoors.
Electronic earpro means you can have better situational awareness and hear peoples' voices better when there isn't gunfire.
>>
>>35039206
>Peltors are a definite step up from howard leights.

yea if you are retarded or have no ears or can only spend $40, sure
>>
>>35039138
>peltor 6s
Wow those sure are Tactical Sports for 100 dollars.

I'm sorry about your retardation.
>>
>>35039206
The problem with NRR is that it's an average of the noise reduction at all frequencies. Guns are typically making the most noise at around 1500Hz and a lot of these muffs reduce noise of the frequency better than others.
>>
>>35038018
3M Peltros and Howard Leight ear plugs.
>>
>>35039222
peltor tac sports are the shittier muffs
have you ever been to google?

please just keep shitposting nonsense
>>
>>35039214
I don't think you understand what I said. Lay off the vodka and read it again, slowly. My peltors (tac pros) were more expensive than $40.
>>35039231
Yep, and it's very fit dependent. Doubling up is a good idea.
>>
File: IMG_5576.jpg (2MB, 3264x2039px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5576.jpg
2MB, 3264x2039px
The sound attenuation, comfort, and protection are way better than everything I've tried so far. I actually think I may have been inadequately protecting my ears with my last go-to pair of ear protection because these seem to block the noise out so much better.

Howard Leights are good sound quality for the price and look very sleek but they don't form a seal well at all on my ears.
>>
>>35039241
>peltor tac sports are the shittier muffs
Literally no one says that and I'm still not seeing 100 dollar Tactical Sports.

Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>35039253
>overpays
>shitposts
wew
>>
>>35039275
>still not seeing 100 dollar Tactical Sports.
pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>35039275
He may or may not be confusing the tac sports with the sport tactical 100, which are two different muffs in very different price ranges.
>>35039279
Peltor Tactical Pros are MSRP above $200. You must be confusing them with something else I got a pretty good deal but it's not relevant to the conversation.
>>
File: peltor.png (438KB, 1182x646px) Image search: [Google]
peltor.png
438KB, 1182x646px
>>35039292
Point to the Tactical Sports, mouthbreather.
>>
>>35039325
sorry i was 20 off

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Peltor-Tactical-Sport-Earmuff/dp/B000Q04MRG
>>
>>35039351
30 dollars off, at least.

Thanks for wasting my time, shit for brains.
>>
>>35038018
Just use those little squeezy earplugs.
>spending large amounts of money on earpro when you can spend a dollar
Ishygddt
>>
>>35039351
>only 30% off
Wow so much accuracy.
>>35039360
At that price I would go used for the tac pros if you can get a good deal on ebay or amazon
>>
>>35039360
awww dont jump to admit you were wrong and suck little dicks
>>
>>35039366
>>35039360
>hey this thing is like $200+ !!!
>nah it isnt
lol k fags
>>
>>35038057
Foamies are why I can still hear without tinnitus after a career fixing fighters. I also wear them when metalworking and motorcycling.

>>35038263
>foamies are a bitch to work with, both to get in and out.

Tens of thousands of aircraft maintainers have no problem with them. You are doing it wrong.

Foamies are washable too. Protip, place in a pants pocket then toss in washing machine.

A dab of saliva facilitates smooth insertion. If you aren't fast at it, you have issues. Dab, roll, insert. Then leave them installed. It becomes second nature. They also clean your ears nicely. I have thousands of working hours wearing them. Will continue to do so.

Xmas tree and plugs are OK too. USAF bio-environmental weenies tested them. Foamies are most popular so that's typical issue but Support sections can buy any suitably rated plugs they wish.
>>
>>35039419
>Foamies are washable too. Protip, place in a pants pocket then toss in washing machine.
Don't do this. They're so cheap that it's really not worth the risk of compromising the seal of the plug or getting an ear infection
>>
>>35039419
go away faggot
>>
File: LGM-118A-Peacekeeper.jpg (304KB, 1489x1800px) Image search: [Google]
LGM-118A-Peacekeeper.jpg
304KB, 1489x1800px
>>35038018
Anyone got a good suggestion on electronic earplugs that aren't over9000 dollars?

I want earplugs because muffs sometimes get in the way of my cheekweld. Been using foamies for a while now (yes, correctly), but can't hear conversation more than 10 paces away

Also
>never shot without earpro
>tfw tinnitus gets worse every tiem.
>>
>>35039540
Your earpro probably is insufficient. Doubling up 32NRR foamies with muffs is a good idea
>>
>>35039559
Not the anon you're replying to but is that really necessary if you're at an outdoor range? I see this recommended a lot in this thread.
>>
>>35039629
It should be less necessary than at an indoor range.
How much protection you need depends on a lot of factors like how sensitive your ears are, how good of a seal you're getting with foamies, how long the exposure time is, etc. For example if you're shooting as an occupation as a range officer or something it's more important to double up than someone just taking occasional trips to the range.
>>35039419
If you need spit you are very much doing it wrong. Properly rolled foamies are absolutely tiny and tugging the ear up a little with the opposite hand straightens the canal and they go in super easy
>>
File: IMG_20170901_063913361.jpg (4MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170901_063913361.jpg
4MB, 4320x2432px
I really don't like ear pro...
>>
>>35039666
>How much protection you need depends on a lot of factors like how sensitive your ears are,

oh fuck you retard
every human experiences hearing loss at the same decibel
>>
>>35039666
>if you're shooting as an occupation as a range officer or something it's more important to double up than someone just taking occasional trips to the range.

you lose hearing from a single loud noise retard

you think your ears give a shit how long its been since a loud noise?
>>
>>35039691
It seems my superiority has led to some controversy.

You thought we are equals? Lol
>>
>>35039724
>claim dumb shit
>get called dumb and wrong
>nothing to refute it
typical
>>
>>35039691
No.
For starters, all the typical exposure numbers are based on average, typical data collected. If your ears are hurting at below the typical exposure limits for a given time period then you shouldn't ignore it.
I can still hear 20kHz and my ears start hurting without earpro in a lot of live music situations even when my friends are fine.

Second off, earpro isn't just for wearing when you're going to exceed the exposure limits (http://dangerousdecibels.org/education/information-center/decibel-exposure-time-guidelines/). It's also a comfort thing. The chart may say it's okay to listen to 100dB music for 10 minutes but I'd still feel much more comfortable wearing ear pro.

>>35039705
No. Like most types of energy that can damage you the amount you're exposed to depends on exposure time. See http://dangerousdecibels.org/education/information-center/decibel-exposure-time-guidelines/

>>35039732
He's not me. And hearing loss has to do with decibel level and exposure time. And no, it's absolutely not true that every single human in existence has the same ears, believe it or not.
>>
>>35039705
>how long its been since a loud noise
Not how long it's been since a loud noise, how long the noise is. And your ears do heal. Exposure guidelines are given per day for a reason. The guidelines may not be perfect but they take into account that the exposure should be limited to below certain amount in a given period of time.
http://www.noisehelp.com/noise-dose.html
>>
>>35039732
Please tell me more of how every one's fucking ears are exactly the same?

Let me guess, there's a set volume of alcohol to intoxicate a human as well? How about an exact amount of calories to keep a human alive? Or water?

You're so fucking retarded you cannot even perceive anything you don't directly feel and you dare have the audacity to confront anyone? You should reflect on this moment and take a vow of silence.
>>
Just to back down the toxic stupid in this thread.

My father is in his 60s and we can't watch TV with him. He needs the volume at 100 to hear any dialogue. Then comes the cut to an action scene and the walls shake because volume at 100.

Recently visited him innawoods. Gets out the S&W 500. LetsHaveFun.exe. No earpro, he just holds the pistol one handed and covers his ears with a shoulder and the the free hand. I guess it isn't that loud to him anymore. Now we know why hearing loss builds.

>he also has 1 eye. Safety is not priority one.
>>
>>35039806
I think it's just one guy who buts in the middle of other conversations to sow confusion and try and piss people off.
>>
>>35038057
>>35039419
I CAN'T FIT FOAM EAR PLUGS IN YOU ASSHOLES. EARMUFFS ARE MY ONLY OPTIONS
>>
One more thing for everyone.

>WEAR EAR PRO FOR MORE THAN JUST SHOOTING.

If you are doing metal work, at concerts, cutting the grass or weed whacking, wear ear plugs.
Hell even a bullwhip can damage your hearing.
So if you are serious about protecting your ears, protect them all the time.
>>
>>35039863
If you can't fit foams in these assholes you really aren't trying.

>Sorry for your dainty ear holes. Get fucked
>>
>>35039093
your wallet is anorexis
>>
File: DSC_0118[1].jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0118[1].jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>35038018
Comtac IIIs :3
>>
>>35039863
They seriously become under 0.2" or so in diameter after being rolled up properly. It's harder than you might think
>>
>>35039756
>He's not me
Jesus fuck you stupid nigger
Maybe use a trip if your concerned about your posts being identified
>>
>>35040032
The greentext >>35039732 posted impleied that he thought >>35039666 and >>35039724 were the same posters. I corrected him. This is normal
>>
>>35039879
>>35039946
Srs case of cauliflower ear from MMA, Wrestling, and BJJ. It's possible he can't actually get them in.
>>
>>35040073
It's possible but unlikely since the things become so damn tiny. If it's really that big of a concern getting customs is the way to go
>>
>>35039048
ANYTIME indoor shooting is going on two layers should be worn. Just putting that out there. You have no idea what the guy in the next lane is about to unload.
>>
>>35038368
>slow
Oh no, 10 seconds of your day is gone forever.
>unnecessary
Here, suck on this (you), it will make you feel better.
>>
>>35039241
The tactical sports are 20db and use dynamic compression the sport tactical 100 are 22db and use cutoff....the tac sports are better homie.
>>
>>35040090
Not at all unlikely friendo.
>>
>>35040210
I think the opening is actually still big enough.
>>
>>35038248
I do this cause I'm worried the stock will bump and unseat the ear muffs.
>>
File: 81xzuYT4nTL._SL1500_.jpg (168KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81xzuYT4nTL._SL1500_.jpg
168KB, 1500x1500px
I have these with the Gel cups you can turn them up so high you can hear the grass crunch under your feet like you are walking on gravel
>>
File: IMG_2545.png (268KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2545.png
268KB, 750x1334px
These + orange plugs

Also great for mowing lawns/running the farm equipment
>>
>>35038037
Can confirm that the multicolor (pink/yellow) howard leight plugs are amazing. Probably depends on your ears a t
>>
>>35039705
Over the course of many years, I think it's pretty obvious that your ears are going to suffer *more* damage if they're frequently exposed to loud noises vs just occasionally.
>>
People with Sordins -- how well do the speakers cut through foam earplugs underneath? I like my peltor rangeguards a lot, but sometimes it's pretty hard to hear people even with the volume maxed when I double up.
>>
>>35038018
Always use earplugs and earmuffs.
>>
>>35039165
Safety goggles, not even joking, this shit is the most comfy setup. Run the strap over the outside of the headset. Who cares if it looks goofy, it works.
https://www.amazon.com/TR-Industrial-Anti-Fog-Approved-Wide-Vision/dp/B00O3K5RSS/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_201_bs_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=4K1G0455B25DWRQQ5EFG
>>
>>35038018
What does electronic ear pro do exactly? I've seen some that plug into your phone phone for music and such, but I want to hear if the range master is giving commands.
>>
>>35041917
Electronic ear pro will boost quiet sounds so you can hear them better. It won't boost gunshot noise or let you hear an unsafe amount of noise
>>
>>35041917
You can turn up and down the gain on the microphone, for one. This allows you to hear human voices much more easily, but it still dampens gunshots down to safe levels.

The line in is so you can plug it into an MP3 player or phone and listen to music.
>>
>>35041933
>>35041941
Thanks anons, appreciate it.
>>
>>35041970
Keep in mind that not everything that lets you play music is electronic ear pro. There are some strictly passive ear muffs that can take an audio input
>>
>>35038990
I was thinking about getting these, but I have a big fucking head. How is the fit?

I wear a 2xl or 3xl motorcycle helmet, and rarely can find fitted hats. I'm worried if I shell out my goybucks and these things are going to shoot off my head like a rubber band off a watermelon
>>
File: WASR + P30.jpg (441KB, 1612x711px) Image search: [Google]
WASR + P30.jpg
441KB, 1612x711px
I've got an over-ears set that works beautifully, as well as a bag of 200 sets of the howard plugs in my range bag.

I'm just having a problem when I shoot my WASR with the over-ear set, I either can't get low enough to get a sight picture, or when I do the recoil knocks me in the headset. I've resorted to just using plugs when I shoot it and throwing the headset on for other rifles/pistols
>>
>>35042094
I'm not sure what you're using now but you could try lower profile ear muffs. Peltor ComTac is a good one for electronic ear pro
>>
>>35042134
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N2U6FDH/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I'm using these and they have great sound reduction for the price, it just bothers me to have to take them off when I'm using one gun
>>
>>35042159
Those are huge. You obviously need something lower profile. There are more options if you're okay with non-electronic ear pro. I wouldn't trust a safety device from an off brand, even if they claim 34dB NRR you shouldn't believe they're really as good as similarly rated products from reputable safety brands.
>>
>>35042159
>>35042203
For a lower profile of cheap passive earmuffs you may sacrifice some noise reduction (https://www.amazon.com/3M-Reduction-Earmuff-Protection-Protectors/dp/B0017YGE8A/). But even the 3M 30dB NRR muffs may end up being lower profile than the ones you're using. And they're certainly not much more expensive at all.
>>
>>35042226
I don't care about electronic at all, but those seem to have a pretty low noise reduction factor. I can barely hear people talking when I put on the ones I have.

I'm open to buying another pair, but I'd like to drop less than $20, maybe $25 on them. What I'm doing is really not that big of a deal, just a slight annoyance since I'd be doubling up anyway
>>
What are some good active earmuffs for indoor use? I'm looking for 30db and up.
>>
I have a pair of razor's I got on Amazon for 40 bucks and work like magic, but I also shoot exclusively outdoors on my friend's property so your mileage my vary if you use them indoors.
>>
>>35039877
>cutting the grass
what the fuck does your lawn mower look like holy shit
>>
File: 9662.jpg (35KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
9662.jpg
35KB, 640x360px
>>35042720
city boys will never understand smfh
>>
File: 1490735426434.jpg (81KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1490735426434.jpg
81KB, 640x480px
>>35038057
>You can always wear ear muffs over ear plugs. It will increase the protection but not as much as expected. Its more incase the ear muffs get knocked around or dont fit quite right.

This is what I've been doing. Shooting .308 in an enclosed space with foam and over ear Impact Sports with the volume cranked up. Works just fine, you don't even feel the bang let alone hear it.

Either method alone isn't enough protection for that kind of thing.
>>
File: 20170831_124833.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170831_124833.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>35042094
>Having an AK
>Not having a T-33 to go along with it
I got a 1911 just to go with my AR
>>
>>35042773
I've got two .22 pistols, a 1911, a revolver and a 9mm. I'm pretty much done buying handguns for now. I've got two 12ga shotguns, a .22 levergun, a nugget, an AK and enough ammo to shoot them all every day for a week. I told myself I'd never get an AR, but fuck what else can I even buy at this point?
>>
File: 20170831_131722.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170831_131722.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>35042844
Not wanting handguns is fucking you up, friendo. Also, I dont know why you wouldnt want to get an AR. You'd have fun putting new shit on a plain one and youll spend a shit ton of money if you get really into it. This is what I got so far, next month im getting a glock if I dont find a nice AK or fall for an SKS.
>>
File: MKII.jpg (133KB, 734x578px) Image search: [Google]
MKII.jpg
133KB, 734x578px
>>35042930
I just don't like the way that ARs look.

I know it's petty, but I like a pretty gun. Maybe a 16-ish style gun with a carry handle and wooden grips? That's really as far as I'd be going with it. The only gun I even put optics on is my .22 ruger MKII
>>
>>35039093
I just got some of these today on a whim, nice to know they're pretty decent.
>>
>>35042648
Fuck you guys for not giving me any advice.

I ordered a pair of Howard Leight Impact Pros now, they were fairly cheap (about 60 bucks) and are about the most protective electronic muffs I could find.

I will probably still wear earplugs underneath them though, my local pistol range is indoors and having someone shoot next to me on both sides always fucks with my ability to concentrate.
>>
>>35038018
Peltor Sport Tactical 500 Electronic Earmuffs with Bluetooth (NRR 26dB) Black

$149.99
>>
>>35039691
>>35039705
nigger I've been playing in bands and seeing live music since I was 12. I worked at a coal power plant for a whole where we got physical checkups every 3 months and my hearing is excellent. I have to wear ear plugs around the house sometimes just to get some peace and quiet because I can hear everything.
>>
File: flippant.webm (293KB, 490x300px) Image search: [Google]
flippant.webm
293KB, 490x300px
>>35038360
i love how /k/ has to explain earplug usage.

but then again it is 4chan, so im not too suprised
>>
>>35039093
Mmm that model 41
>>
>>35042966
you should make it more blaster-y
>>
>>35038018
peltors
>>
>>35040219
It doesn't fucking hold dude
>>
File: Hansoloprofile.jpg (34KB, 499x630px) Image search: [Google]
Hansoloprofile.jpg
34KB, 499x630px
>>35046037
that's what I was going for, how though?
>>
>>35043659
enjoy your cheap cutoff earpro, so bulky as to be unusable with any shouldered firearm

Cutoffs suck, especially indoors when other shooters are present.

They will help preserve your hearing very well when shooting handguns, though.
>>
>>35038018
Foam ear plugs and earmuffs when shooting

Just earmuffs for anything else requiring hearing protection
>>
>>35043659
peltors
>>
>>35038368
I have slept with foam ear plugs almost every night of my life outside of boot camp the last 8-9 years. It takes me less than 10 seconds to roll them and put them in. It isn't that difficult my man.
>>
>>35038057
Fucking /thread
>>
Mawp
>>
>>35038360
Alternate method when your ears are slippery: use your finger to hook a squigly part of your ear, rather than pinching the ear
>>
>>35046103
>unusable with any shouldered firearm
I am exclusively shooting handguns at an an indoor range atm, so bulky earmuffs with a higher NRR rating are definetly prefered
>Cutoffs suck, especially indoors when other shooters are present.
Are they that bad though? I tried to find criticism about them, especially wether they would be slow to open up after a shot, but couldn't really find anything. Every review I read was calling them decent.

>>35046125
Which one? I currently use the Peltor Bullseye II and am very happy with them, but I want to upgrade to electronic earmuffs.
>>
>>35041097
not very well, I have sordins and howard leights and the sordins are slightly quieter at max volume
>>
>>35046217
Not him, but foam earplugs always get super dirty for me.
>>
>>35048256
This

I fucking hate foam plugs. They take forever to put in, and they never fit right for me. I think I have small ear channels. I bought a pair of small lamella ear plugs to wear underneath my ear muffs and never looked back.
>>
File: SurplusLoot82317.jpg (3MB, 2888x2268px) Image search: [Google]
SurplusLoot82317.jpg
3MB, 2888x2268px
>>35038018
>not getting surplus comtacs
>>
>>35038281
Too accurate, I'm afraid..
>>
>>35038281
Remember your here forever.
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.