[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Potential Hurricane Threat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: Hurricane-Irma.jpg (60KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
Hurricane-Irma.jpg
60KB, 590x350px
Hurricane Irma is a ways off yet, but is looking to be another strong storm that could batter the entire eastern seaboard. If your live near the Atlantic get your bug out bags updated and ready to go.

Therefore bug out bag thread.
>>
File: 1458578264991.jpg (1001KB, 1752x2049px) Image search: [Google]
1458578264991.jpg
1001KB, 1752x2049px
>>35037522
just gonna stay here nice n dry sittin on top of missouri
>>
>>35037522
Nothing nasty ever hits Indiana.
I like it that way.
>>
>>35037522
God hates evangelicals it seems.
>>
Is that rain in Canada headed towards WI?
>mfw I got a job on the side with a tree service company right after a major storm
I need more money
>>
File: Screenshot_20170901-023159.png (688KB, 1080x2220px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170901-023159.png
688KB, 1080x2220px
This would be absolutely fucking jokes.
>>
>>35037580
It's almost as if living in a coastal area regularly hit by the hurricane would lead to disaster.
>>
>>35037522
>Hurricane Irma
i'm 16 feet above ground level which is 20 feet above the flood plain. 30 days worth of food and water. i'm pretty sure i will not have to bug out.
>>
File: east nc flood.jpg (35KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
east nc flood.jpg
35KB, 640x360px
>>35037606
when floyd hit the east coast, it was the second hurricane of the season to hit. east nc flooded in pretty much biblical proportions as it hadn't happened that bad in decades. funny thing is it happened again last year.
>>
>>35037606
Not really. It's the east side of hurricanes that gets all the big rainfall. The west side gets almost nothing.
>>
>>35037539
>nothing ever hits indiana
........ have you only lived there for a month?
Do you know what a 'tornado' is??
Come to think of it, same for >>35037529 missouri.
>>
>>35038736
Tornadoes are highly localized
the destruction in a tornado may be more total, but the small affected area means that rescue and relief efforts are easier
movement in and out of a tornado zone is easier too, no floodwaters, just maybe clear the road of downed trees
rescuers can come from just the untouched county over instead of out of state
the number of affected people is much smaller too, and communities can more adequately provide for them without gov't aid

tornadoes are serious business for sure, but they are local disasters, not regional ones like hurricanes are
>>
>>35037522
Maybe it will crash straight into New York City.
>>
>>35037539
BULL SHIT

Tornadoes are a real thing. Granted not as bad as oklahoma/kansas, but with our larger population and greater density even the smaller tornadoes have a large effect. Fuck, i unknowingly drove through the outer bands of one last year, and my town was almost wiped off the planet when I was 8.

How about the winter storms that wreck the northern part of the state? We just had a damn blizzard a few years back for petes sake.

Oh, and how about the record rainfall this season? Granted we haven't had anything like Texas, but it has been heavy and steady enough to wreck our fields and therefore crop yields this year.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.