[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a guy dealing with SHTF in southeast texas anything.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 50

File: IMG_4460.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4460.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Ask a guy dealing with SHTF in southeast texas anything.
>>
File: 1502517437885.jpg (129KB, 426x364px) Image search: [Google]
1502517437885.jpg
129KB, 426x364px
>>35037237
What guns on hand?
>>
>>35037247
Glock 19 with a tlr1, mossberg 500 persuader, ruger 10/22 and a m44 mosin nagant. Sold my gp1975 a couple months ago, very inconvenient
>>
>>35037237
Have you seen any crazy shit as of late?
>>
>>35037237
Hows the tacoma handling shtf?
>>
>>35037279
Was hoping somebody would ask that. Before my house flooded yesterday I had been doing rescues in northeast Houston, Baytown, and port Arthur. Greentext incoming
>>
Man, I wish I was in Texas now more than ever.
>>
>>35037301
Mfer I don't
>>
>>35037301
Want to trade spots?

I already wanted to leave this shithole, now that I've lost everything I have nothing to stay here for.
>>
>>35037237
Its hard to get a sense of what is happening in the news. Is it just areas here and there that are fucked or is the whole area in a shtf no supplies no power situation?
>>
File: IMG_4390.jpg (4MB, 3024x3780px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4390.jpg
4MB, 3024x3780px
>>35037288
Like a goddamn champ. This was taken on a bypass road close to town that was washed out, was trying to avoid the closed off interstate. Taken it in over the hood several times, floorboards are soaked. If this tropical storm Irma starts heading this way I'm gonna make a snorkel out of pvc, I don't give a fuck.

Anyways

>4(?) days ago, Dickinson TX
>me and a buddy head out on a 2 hour drive to do our best to help out
>most of the time I'm following him in his truck pulling the boat through flooded neighborhoods and people are waiting and just pile up in the beds of the trucks and in the boat, we take them to high ground, and go back through again
>we start moving further and further into the city and water starts getting deeper, so we launch the boat
>16ft allweld with 40 mercury in case anyone's wondering
>we launch and grab probably about 50 people total off rooftops and such
>we see a few dead bodies floating around but I was expecting that and our focus was on saving people's lives from the rapidly rising water
>oh yeah, this whole time we're getting hit with 50mph winds and rain, hurricane is in full force and waters rising a foot a minute in some parts
>anyways 15 hours have passed by now, got there at 7am and by 10pm we were starving
>my buddy has to head home anyways to take care of his kids, so we start heading east on i10 to find some food
>Baytowns completely shut down and flooded, nothing open
>Winnie is completely flooded too, but right off the interstate there's a gas station and a Waffle House both with their lights on
>through floorboard deep water I pull into the gas station parking lot and start walking back out onto the main road to walk to Waffle House and see what's up
>I can't see that there's a 10 ft deep ditch under the water and I fill my waders up with water and wash up in the Waffle House parking lot
>cont. Pretty much introduction to the bad shit
>>
>>35037310
Same, my house is full of water as we speak. Not sure what I'm gonna do till insurance steps in.

>>35037331
All of southeast Texas is without power right now, gas is pretty much nonexistent but you can get most supplies and some food at certain places, in my town anyways.

>cont.
>doors are locked but they let me in, saying they're only supposed to let uniformed officers in but they saw me with my buddy and the boat and they knew we were there to help
>I ask why they're locking their doors and such
>"looters."
>now I completely failed to realize that this is a full on shtf situation and that there would be looters. All I had on me was my benchmade.
>so I eat my 2 all star breakfasts and head back to the bucees in baytown, which turned into kind of a spot for everybody to go and rest away from the action. Pumps are shut down and inside is closed
>tuck Glock in my waders just in case
>meet a guy named Reese, big ol bearded fella with one bad ass airboat
>this bitch is probably about 25' long and 8' wide with spotlights everywhere
>we decide to head back out to channelview and see what else we can do
>its about midnight by now
>we launch the boat and we help about 20 more people off their roofs and to safety
>we go back out, and there's another boat to our right staying about 75 yards away.
>now having boats close by is pretty normal, there was tons and tons of people with flat bottom boats and jet skis and airboats and shit that came to help
>but these guys were clearly following us, and they were shining a spotlight on us.
>this is when I start feeling uneasy
>I start reaching into my waders for my G19, and they let off 4 rounds in our direction of what I think was .22lr. Sounded small
>Reese whips the boat around on a dime and starts hauling ass, I draw, flick on the light and empty the magazine
>I hunt hogs, deer, coyote, etc so I know that sound when you hit something fleshy. That distinct THUNK
>cont. sorry hit limit
>>
>>35037237
Shot any niggers?
>>
>>35037457
damn bro, I hope the best for you. I know what its like to lose literally everything but the clothes i was standing in, shit is fucking horrible. stay safe, or kill everyone that tries to fuck with you.
>>
>>35037457
>cont.
>I hear thunk about 3 times over the gunfire, they shoot back once after I let off my first round
>boat stops in its tracks and haul ass out of there
>I pop in a spare mag I had in my waders
>now my guard is up, we take a break on land by the trucks
>there's several game wardens over by all the main launch points, and even though I was miles off they heard the shots over the boats and shit
>they first tell us that looters need to be shot on sight, then ask us if it was us
>I say fuck yeah
>they ask us details, and say it won't be on an official record
>I tell them the story
>they tell us there's a few guys that had been pretending like they needed help, then taking people's shit and leaving
>apparently somebody got their boat stolen and they were riding around shooting at people further off
>game warden just tells us we're doing good work and tells us to keep it up
>after this we find out the Cajun Navy had pulled out of the area because of the same problems
>cont
>>
Is there anything we can do? Local charities that are actually worth a fuck...?
>>
>>35037532
the mormons. most charities are giant scams and cushy jobs for incompetents and crooks to plunder the fuck out of for the joy of it.
>>
>>35037291
Nice man I'm from Port Arthur and the flooding went down from where I'm at, also my electricity is on thankfully. gotta prepare again for irma, but desu if it goes cat 4-5 and is projected to hit this city I'm getting out of dodge as fast as I can, my house would fall apart with my family in it otherwise.
>>
>>35037552
That's exactly why I'm asking. Gotta link?
>>
>>35037519
God damn bro, serious respect for going out of you way to help not just bugging out. In situations like that 90% of people will just dip out asap. Also congrats your one of the few people on /k/ that can say you've survived SHTF. Stay safe an god bless, your a good man.
>>
>>35037483
95% sure.

>>35037507
I appreciate it man. Water was rising so fast all I was able to save was some clothes, pillows and blankets, and everything in my truck. But at least I still have all that.

>>35037519
Cont.
>so we say fuck it and launch again, this time I give my mossberg 500 to Reese since he didn't bring a gun
>we ride out to a different area, probably 5ish miles away
>as soon as we get out there we take some more shots, one hits one of the blades on the fan and the fucked up blade slows the boat down considerable while it hits the cage thing around it
>Reese pins it to try and get away, I shine my spotlight and try to figure out where it's coming from
>they let off one more round and it clipped the side of my head and took a little skin off. I find a couple of Mexican looking guys on a rooftop with a rifle of some kind
>Reese is busy fucking with the boat, so I grab the mossberg and empty all 8 slugs at them, really can't tell you if I hit them or not because it was a good distance away
>by this time we're far enough away that neither of us could hit anything and we head back to the trucks and gtfo.
>by this time it's about 4am
>I start heading back home and get to Baytown, right next to the chevron plant on i10 and there's a couple feet of water on the interstate
>I work in refineries as a boilermaker so I realize the danger of a plant under 6-7 feet of water with no power whatsoever
>I start to pull some cars out of the interstate and the feeder roads next to it
>everything smells like pool water and my eyes start watering real bad and swelling shut
>by the time I get home I can barely see shit, I'm guessing it was chlorine that was leaking but I really have no idea. It looked like I had pinkeye and they felt dry as fuck
>cont
>>
>>35037237
you seen any looters? you shot at any?
>>
>>35037556
https://www.lds.org

they might be heathen, but they are better Christians than 99% of the Christians i ever met.

>>35037561
you got your people safe then? thats what matters, shit can be replaced. like I said, I lost EVERYTHING, in a fire. thank god i had a shower and fell asleep dressed playing vidya. you are going to learn things about yourself and how to deal with stress that even if you were in the war, you never knew. you are going to get really fucking resourceful. there is no place for shame in your game bro.
>>
>>35037569
Thanks friend.
>>
File: IMG_4498.jpg (1MB, 1932x2415px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4498.jpg
1MB, 1932x2415px
>>35037532
I really have no idea. You'd have to do some research on that one lol

>>35037555
My next ones from doing rescues in PA, it was fucking bad over there man. My aunt lived an exit down from Total and all that by rainbow bridge and she had to get rescued off her rooftop. Bad shit over there man.

>>35037560
I appreciate it man, but honestly never thought it would be that bad where I live at or I probably would have left lol. Either way I'm glad I was able to help as much as I did before my house went under. Pic related is my house right after water started coming in. Inb4 trailer house, least it's a double wide on 7 acres, fuck you guys
>>
>>35037237
Is looting a social construct or a byproduct of socio-economic systemic oppression?
>>
>>35037585
Its just niggers being niggers
>>
>>35037581
>I appreciate it man, but honestly never thought it would be that bad where I live at or I probably would have left lol. Either way I'm glad I was able to help as much as I did before my house went under. Pic related is my house right after water started coming in. Inb4 trailer house, least it's a double wide on 7 acres, fuck you guys

Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home. Sorry about your troubles.
>>
>>35037561
you realize the mexican dudes on their house probably thought you were the looters you shot at the first time around right? you dumbass, think about it, why would looters be on a roof of a house posted up and shooting at boats
>>
>>35037561
That's some spooky shit bro.

No matter how many people make fun of me for the rifles, rations, water, body armour, and gas masks I have in my room, I will never get rid of them after reading this.
>>
>>35037581
A homes a home, I'm just glad you're safe
>>
>>35037597
Nobody shooting at you in a bad situation ever gets the benefit of the doubt, Mister I Live Things Vicariously On Teh Internet.
>>
>>35037237
Is it true profiteers are jacking up the price of necessities like bottled water and gas? Good luck.
>>
>>35037603
why would you want to shoot back at people who are obviously good citizens and shooting at you out of mistaken identity? fucking bring a megaphone or something with you and announce yourself or just leave the area.

and bring a fucking rifle with you, jesus. you are just rolling aroudn with a 9mm handgun and a shotty filled with slugs? hopefully your encounter shows you were missing something with a bit more reach, add a rifle to your loadout before going out again
>>
>>35037613
fuck you pinko, its not a bright idea to announce where you're at in a disaster. maybe you can be easy meat for the nogs.
>>
>>35037372
>this is making me want to buy a Taco even more
Nice truck, mirin'. Also good luck, TX anon(s).

t.Floridafag
>>
>>35037563
I have, I know I hit at least 1 of them.

>>35037569
All my family's safe at a neighbors house up the hill. No power but they're safe. My sister has legit autism and the only real thing that keeps her occupied is her iPad with movies and shit so I'm praying service doesn't go down so my other sister doesn't have to deal with her tantrums. Also I fell asleep at 5:30 AM tired and covered in flood water and woke up at 7am to flood water coming in the doors so I can't relate on that one lol. Parked my truck on a hill just in case so I'm thankful for that. And thankful that I took a shower before the power went out a few hours ago. Some major line towards Shreveport went out so everything from Cameron LA to god knows where in south Texas is out, if they didn't already have it out. And I'm definitely learning a lot about dealing with stress and loss of life and such. It's gonna sound bad, but my mom died very suddenly super young a couple months ago and I'm glad it happened before this because I'm able to somewhat deal with death. Hell im only 20 so I never had to deal with anything like that before then. I had already been taught how to be resourceful somewhat because of the whole redneck country boy stereotype and a lot of time innawoods so I'm pretty solid here but it's definitely gonna be different with no gas/diesel supply.
>>
>>35037623
if you got a diesel, you can cut waste motor oil with gas 80/20 to get a usable diesel substitute.

make sure you eat, keep hydrated, sleep and wash up. its a big morale thing. sorry to hear about your mom man. yeah being 20 is weird enough as it is, without shit like this going down on you.
>>
OP should dress up like Kevin Costner in Water World and embrace living in New Atlantis.
>>
>>35037623
Keep your stick on the ice, anon.

>whole redneck country boy stereotype
It's not a stereotype. It is skill sets, it is sturdiness of mind. It is a culture. It has built this nation and fought its wars and done most of the mundane miserable bullshit that never makes it into the history books, as you are now learning.

Keep troth.
>>
File: IMG_4384.jpg (3MB, 2786x2786px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4384.jpg
3MB, 2786x2786px
>>35037597
Not a chance, completely different types of boats and also they had a canoe tied off to the house. Fuck those motherfuckers.

>>35037604
For sure. I had to drive 45minutes out of my way to find gas and it was 3.60 a gallon, and I've heard up to 7.50 a gallon I couldn't tell you if that one is true or where it was. I haven't had to buy a case of water because everybody I know has their own wells and they were already stocked but I've seen screenshots of Craigslist ads in the Houston area of people selling cases of ozarka for 30 and 50 bucks. Fucking ridiculous.

>>35037613
They were shooting at me, nigger, they were a threat. Don't care who they were or what their business was, although I'm sure it wasn't good. And yeah, I carry around the m44 in the truck now. Looters completely slipped my mind when I went up there so I just brought the shotgun and glock that was in the truck.

>>35037621
Thanks bud. Extra pics for your troubles. PVC snorkel likely coming soon.
>>
>>35037669
post pics of graze wound plz
>>
>>35037660
Definitely gonna look into that. We have access to a 7.3 so it'll likely run on anything. Definitely trying my best to keep clean because I hate feeling greasy in the first place, hydration isn't a problem because of wells and for now we have plenty of deer meat stored up. If we start to run out we can always go shoot something else. I have a 50 cal ammo can literally full of loose .22lr so I'm not worried about it. I have insomnia so the sleep thing is kind of hard, plus the whole finding a place to sleep thing. I have a lot of good friends that let me crash on their floor so I am thankful for that.

>I'm way too young to be this damn old

>>35037663
>giggled

>>35037665
Glad I was raised the way I was now, it definitely helps with dealing with all this shit. Also thankful I went straight to work with the company I'm with instead of college because boilermaking has definitely hardened me up a ton. Also all the refineries are flooded so that's gonna be tons of $$$$$$$$ after all this shits over with.
>>
>>35037685
'Tis but a scratch. Can't really see it under my hair, haven't cut it since April and it's long as fuck now. Not a whole lot to show anyways, from what I could see of it it just looks like a weird groove in the skin, don't think it even drew blood but I could sure feel it. Could've been much worse and I'm sure glad it wasn't

Gonna start typing greentext of the shit I saw in Port Arthur now. Some of the worst shit I've ever seen in my life.
>>
>>35037700
>Gonna start typing greentext of the shit I saw in Port Arthur now. Some of the worst shit I've ever seen in my life.

No photos?
>>
File: 1491760702701.jpg (88KB, 700x520px) Image search: [Google]
1491760702701.jpg
88KB, 700x520px
>>35037457
Make sure you apply for any federal disaster relief if you haven't. Even if you're simply out of work for a couple weeks they'll comp you.

FEMA is also hiring a fuckton of housing inspectors and they pay fairly well. They will cover food, fuel, housing/hotel. Unfortunately I'm kinda boned, disabled student who was trying to get ready for a move and now I'm caught in the middle of this mess. Can't exactly work, I have no income, and insurance may take years to pull through. I'm worried I'm going to end up on the street because of this debacle.
>>
>>35037519
sounds like bull shit.
>>
>>35037597
so what. paranoid survivors can kill innocents just as much as anyone else.
people start taking pot shots at you, return fire. if those dudes are just taking shots at people that come within distance fuck em.
>>
>>35037777
quads confirm. Doggy dog world.
>>
File: animal style.jpg (405KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
animal style.jpg
405KB, 1024x768px
>>35037623
fuggg. and based anon lost his mom.
god bless texas.
as a commiefornian, I would gladly trade whataburger for in n out and actual law and order hispanics vs gang bangers here.
>>
>>35037707
Only photos I really have is just of my house and of me and my buddies trucks. When we're on the boat we have a Bluetooth sound bar I hook my phone up to to listen to the Zello rescue channel and I don't touch it because I'm kinda fucked if I lose this phone.

>>35037745
I applied for disaster unemployment, not sure how much it's gonna pay yet but I wasn't in a bad way financially before all this thankfully. A couple of years ago when my house flooded insurance acted fairly quickly so I'm hoping me and you both aren't fucked off for too long. Best of luck to you man

>me and the buddy I went to Houston with decide to head out to port Arthur after hearing about everything there, plus I'm curious about the refineries because I had been working at the Huntsman plant right there
>we get there, launch the boat and get everything set up
>we get about 20 people to safety and it comes up that there are 3 females and 2 deceased males not too far from us
>this piqued our interests, because while we have seen dead people floating Around every now and then, we never got calls regarding dead people
>so we pull up and see the women waving out of the windows, water almost up to their necks
>they tell us they're not able to open the door so we're able to bust it down with a sledgehammer
>we get it open and we see a 16ish year old girl, mid thirties woman and another 70-80 year old woman, all hysterically crying
>the teenager latches onto me and cries with relief and pain, and I'm not gonna lie I cried a bit too, and I didn't even know the situation they had been in
>we get them out into the boat and we start looking for the deceased males
>we find in a back room, both of them latched onto each other floating by the half submerged breaker box
>what I'm guessing happened was, one of them tried to shut power off and got electrocuted somehow and the other tried to save him and got the same
>the women had to sit there in the same house for almost 2 hours with rising water
>>
>>35037372
On the West Coast, I have heard tales of your Waffle Houses, and once had the chance to eat at one. Kinda jealous.
>>
File: IMG_4487.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4487.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>35037752
Do some research and you'll find that the same thing happened to others volunteering in that area

>>35037789
In n out is garbage

>>35037798
I thought the same thing. They have definitely looted the stores, idk if they rob volunteers just for thrill or what but most of us have already left because of it, so that solved that problem.
>>
>>35037812
>waffle house

Nigga get yo ass to Country Waffles. They have good ass crepes, the waffles ain't bad either.
>>
>>35037820
>in n out is garbage
I take it back. I hope some nigger burns the house your family is staying in while youre away and some mexican schizo knifes you in the abdomen when youre pulling him onto a boat.
>>
>>35037812 #
Damn I didn't know y'all didn't have Waffle House out there. I figured it was a nationwide thing. IHOP is still better in my book.

>>35037837 #
Tastes like sonic, was not impressed
>>
>>35037830
I haven't heard any stories of them. Partly from some time in Florida, I hear that the strength of a storm can be estimated by the precautions local Waffle Houses are taking, and that they do not close no matter what. When I went there the staff acted like they had never made the food before and read from a recipe while spilling eight year old memes all over me, but I admire their bravery nonetheless.
>>35037820
>In n out is garbage
Nah mate, Dunkin Donuts is the real garbage. Stale ass crap nuggets.
>>
>>35037623
i read your greentext about hearing a thunk sound, did you hear a scream or yelp or any commotion that corroborates you making contact? how do you know you didnt hit the boat or something on it?
>>
File: IMG_4507.png (250KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4507.png
250KB, 1242x2208px
>>35037853
Didn't sound like hitting water or metal, it sounded like flesh. All of which I'm familiar with the sound of hitting. Can't guarantee I hit them but I'm pretty damn sure of it.
>>
>>35037669
>>35037669
>Not a chance, completely different types of boats and also they had a canoe tied off to the house. Fuck those motherfuckers.
damn, why dont you load up with a ghillie suit and a high power rifle and go looter hunting
>>
>>35037669
can you host a /k/ DISASTER LOOTER HUNT meetup on your property? can we like camp out with you, make smores and roast weenies, and then head out in the morning to go looter hunting? i mean fuck who here doesnt want to do that? we could be literal peacekeepers. or at least search and rescue, with decent security
>>
>>35037372
Was the Waffle House open?
>>
>>35037858
>>35037858
>>35037858
NATIONAL GUARD APPROVES SHOOTING LOOTERS

LETS MOBILIZE /k/!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCKING LETS GOGOGOGOGOGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE DO WE MEET?
>>
File: 1452311261976.jpg (504KB, 2025x1467px) Image search: [Google]
1452311261976.jpg
504KB, 2025x1467px
>>35037876
>>35037866
milsurp loot shoot when?
>>
>>35037866
That sounds awful. I certainly hope none of you idiots do this. If you do you'll just end up running into each other. You know what a band of armed kids running around a drowned city looking for trouble looks like to another band of armed kids running around a drowned city looking for trouble?
>>
>>35037237
did people actually shoot at the Cajun Navy or was that a bullshit rumor?
>>
>>35037880
we will be able to tell who the good guys are by the cross dressing anime cosplay traps in the squads
>>
>>35037853
This alleged shootout with looters sounds like bullshit. I seriously doubt anyone can distinguish the sound of a bullet hitting flesh immediately after the report of
>>
>>35037882
nevermind, read the thread
>>
>>35037237
It looks like everything is indeed going [spoiler]sideways[/spoiler]
>>
>I totally got grazed in the SKULL by a shot from one floating platform to the other
no pics
>I DISTINCTLY HEARD THE THUNK SOUND
on a fanboat
across that distance
just like it works in the military

LARPs should be tried in civil court for damages
>>
>>35037700
>don't think it even drew blood

Lol 9mm

Stay safe dude. Im fine and dandy in san antonio and no way you will ever get me to go back to houston, unless you let me weapons free with a .308. Shooting from a boat is always a bitch. You probably got hit by a piece of a bullet that hit and spalled.
>>
>>35037802
>>we find in a back room, both of them latched onto each other floating by the half submerged breaker box
>>what I'm guessing happened was, one of them tried to shut power off and got electrocuted somehow and the other tried to save him and got the same
>>the women had to sit there in the same house for almost 2 hours with rising water

Okay, they got electrocuted by turning the breaker box off, when the power was already fucked and blown off hours earlier, minutes into the storm power was lost.

I smell bullshit for real.
>>
>>35037660
>make sure you eat, keep hydrated, sleep and wash up.
Water. Motrin. Fresh socks.
>>
>>35037889
especially during a mag dump, while being shot at himself
>>
>>35037946
I heard on the news of people being taken to the hospital for severe electrical burns from capsizing a boat next to downed power lines, no clue about breaker boxes
>>
>>35037985
Power lines maybe. Breaker boxes. Probably not. Plus after 2 hours of being connected they would burn from the heat,220v is pretty harsh 120 not so much. If water hit the breaker box, it would probably have shorted out immediately and tripped the main anyway.

Just seems sketchy. Breaker boxes arent high voltage like power lines.
>>
>>35037858

>mfw
>>
>>35037237
That isn't shtf, that's just typical southern idiocy of living below sea level. When will you slack-jawed Cleetus' learn?
>>
>>35037752
>I know that thunk when a bullet hits flesh
Gee what made you think that?

This larp is entirely fake.
>>
>tfw my village sits on the crest between two valleys
>even if we flooded, we're basically falling into the sea so it'll drain that way

Sometimes the sea just rolls into town in the north. There's always some prat that forgets that we have docks and nearly drowns after walking along the pier side.
>>
>>35037876
/k/ DEATH SQUADS
>>
>>35037752
that's cause it is
>>
>>35037999
no we had power when my upstairs neighbor flooded their placeout and the water came gushing out the fuse panel
>>
File: IMG_4497.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4497.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>35037882
If they shot at me I'm sure they'd shoot at them

>>35037889
Have you ever been hunting? As long as you aren't using something too large you'll hear the bullet hit flesh. 9mm is pushing it but you can still hear it, if that is what it was anyways. It damn well could've been something else, I didn't go back to check so there's no telling. But in my experience hunting, I recognize the sound of bullet hitting flesh and that's what it sounded like vs hitting water, metal, wood, etc because I'm familiar with those sounds too.

>>35037929
Fan boats aren't as loud as you think they are, and 75 yards certainly isn't far.

>>35037933
Possibly so on the piece of a bullet thing, I never thought about that. Could explain why it didn't hurt much worse lol

>>35037946
Power doesn't automatically turn off when storms hit or when houses start flooding. We had to turn ours off manually when water started coming into our house. I don't know much about electricity so I'm only guessing about the breaker box, but from what the women were talking about it sounded like they got electrocuted and they were by the breaker box so that's just what I gathered.

>>35038059
I've been hunting literally my whole life, it's not like it's hard to learn that sound. Has nobody else ever heard that sound or something? I mean most people do go hunting with larger caliber rifles and hearing protection but down here deer hunting at night with spotlights is a normal thing and we always use .22lr for that, and you can definitely hear the sound over the report of the rifle.
>>
>>35040113
>Possibly so on the piece of a bullet thing, I never thought about that. Could explain why it didn't hurt much worse lol
Did you hear the bullet flying past? The difference between getting grazed by a bullet and getting hit by bullet shrapnel should be obvious
>>
>>35037866
Might want to start closer to Houston if you're gonna do that, I live about 2 hours away. Looters aren't too bad around my place.

>>35040126
I wasn't paying attention on that one shot. Whenever they started shooting it was kind of a crack/buzz sound then the report of the gun. Kind of weird to describe it, but you can definitely tell when it's close to you and I had already been shot at before by my crazy ass aunt (she also tried to poison me with antifreeze, fun fact) so I was already familiar with the sound.
>>
>>35040113
Shenanigans everyone knows you can only take down deer with 30 aahhh sis or higher
>>
>>35037237
You alright? Need any help from /k/?
>>
File: 20160418_200143.jpg (531KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20160418_200143.jpg
531KB, 2560x1536px
>>35040209
This
>>
File: IMG_4510.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4510.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>35040209
Nigger please

>>35040214
I'm good, just need some gas.

This is a picture I grabbed going past the only gas station with fuel in town. Hell of a line
>>
>>35037880
Nothing at all like looters?

Looters don't typically move around in large, organized, well armed groups. Look more like militia or a watch group that anything..

Looters are those three ethnic dudes dressed all hood with a high point and an SKS. They take turns with the SKS.
>>
>>35040209
>30 ahhhhhh sis
>ooo yea, sis, right there
KEK

explains why the fudds can't get enough of it....
>>
>>35037613
Jesus fucking christ, you piece of shit. You're making me agree with Phil for the first time ever. >>35037603 is right. Someone shoots at you, you don't stop and ask them if they can calm down and share some tacos, fuck.
>>
File: 1499633201394.png (50KB, 657x800px) Image search: [Google]
1499633201394.png
50KB, 657x800px
>>35040258
How are you driving upside down in hurricane?
>>
>>35037789
In Fort Worth and San Antonio you can have both.
>>35037820
>In n out is garbage
Someone's trying to be edgy
>>35040335
Through the magic of shitty camera work and auto rotate.
>>
>>35040258
Glad you're good. I've got relatives in Katy, and while I can't promise anything, I can always ask em if you can crash there.
>>
File: 1486173053022.gif (2MB, 220x307px) Image search: [Google]
1486173053022.gif
2MB, 220x307px
>>35037372
Believable fiction, probably based on some truth.

>>35037457
>>35037519
>>35037561
>>35037802
You got greedy and spoiled the fun with your ego-stroking LARPing. Also,
>not having this shit typed up before posting your creepypasta thread
Fucking pleb faggot.

>>35040113
>>35040258
>look at these sideways pictures, tho!!
>that totally means that I was shot at by well armed "looters" on a boat

2/10.
>>
>>35040405
It was believable before the "grazed by a bullet" and "shot at by mexicans on the roof" bits
>>
>>35040425
Like I said, he got greedy.
>>
>>35037519
With the prevalence of smartphones and self-serving viral videos these days, it's incredible that you didn't think to record the encounter. You could have sold it to a news agency, or monetized it on Youtube and had a big pay day.
>>
>>35040504
Like I said before we only keep one phone on the boat at a time, it's hooked up via Bluetooth to a sound bar where we can listen to the rescue channels on Zello. Really not smart to have your Phone out on a boat running into cars and shit under the surface, it's very easy to lose it. Also I promise you that if you ever get shot at you'll be far more worried about shooting back than getting out your phone.
>>
>>35040690
>doubling down

It's OK. Nobody takes you seriously anyway. You can be honest here.
>>
Also I'm truly not understanding what's so hard to believe here if you guys are seeing even half of the shit that I see on my Facebook every day. Looters are real and they don't need a reason to shoot at you. Half the time they don't even do it to steal your shit, they just do it for fun. It's really not hard to get shot out there, literally all you have to do is show up and be in the right place and you can get shot at. I'm not sure if it's still like that or even still flooded since I haven't been there since my house flooded, but it definitely was like that when I was there.
>>
>>35040738
Amount of dead people
>>
>>35037802
remember to turn off all the individual breakers before you turn off the main /k/ommandos.
>>
>>35040504
>footage of shooting nogs getting youtube ad money
>>
This thread reeks of absolute bullshit. OP goes in like fucking Rambo guns blazing, saving 50 people while steel-eyed wading past the dead bodies? Come the fuck on.
>>
File: stevie-steve-3-e1492373532802.jpg (36KB, 531x432px) Image search: [Google]
stevie-steve-3-e1492373532802.jpg
36KB, 531x432px
pic of bullet graze or riot.
>>
>>35040799
Oh and Fatfuck Phil popping in every other post to chime in with a "Yeee boi git'r dun fuckin nigrs ah tell ya hyuk hyuk" just ices the cake. Y'all will believe anything that confirms your preexisting beliefs
>>
>>35037882
clyde cain of the louisiana cajun navy says it happened, no one has yet disproven his statements or even really contradicted him beyond some liberal whining.
>can't we just focus on helping people, why even have guns?
>>
>>35040738
Honest question, one pregnant with portent for the rest of us in any SHTF situation: What is the legality of shooting looters? All we have is one screenie from some guy *saying* the NG approves of the deed. What does the law say?

>>35040824
You're not my best friend any more.
>>
>>35040762
I only personally saw like 7 or 8 dead bodies. I promise you there were many many more than that.

>>35040774
Is that how that works? Like I said I'm really not sure, my pops turned mine off for me since I'm not sure how to do it.

>>35040790
>goes in like Rambo guns blazing

I didn't even have a gun with the first 12+ hours because I didn't think looters would've been a problem with the state of total disaster the area was in. After I realized it would, that's when I armed myself.

>saving 50 people

Probably more like 200 total. There's a lot of people in Houston/Port Arthur senpai.

>steel eyed wading past dead bodies
>implying it didn't affect me whatsoever

I cried the entire boat ride back when we got those 3 women out of the house with their dead husbands and sons. I cried when I heard from a good friend up there about them finding a child crying clutching his drowned mom on the interstate. I'm no hard ass and this shit wears down on me. But to me, right now, it doesn't really matter how I feel, it matters how the people I'm helping feel. Hopefully I'll be able to get back in the boat tomorrow anyways, we've been busy ripping everything out of the house today so after that's done I'm gonna get back to it if there's anything left to do. I've been seeing a lot of boats coming back north down 96 so there's no telling.
>>
What an autistic thread, you should be ashamed of yourself

>shot grazed muh head and i killed a bunch of mexicans
>there are corpses floating around all over even though the death toll is like 35 people
>gets called out on his action movie larp
>N-no dude heres a bunch of sideways pics anyone could have taken we only had one phone so i couldnt take pics of the fucking huge gash that would be in my head or any bullet holes in my boat

Good lord
>>
>>35037457
LARPer.
>I know the distinct sound a bullet makes when it enters flesh, the rip of sinew, the crunch of bone
Lmao
>>
>>35037561
>they let off one more round and it clipped the side of my head and took a little skin off.

Pics or it didn't happen, bro.
>>
>>35040817
Riot

>>35040896
I actually had some soccer mom who got on the boat with us in Port Arthur say that shit. I think I might have converted her after I told her about everything.

>>35040898
I'm not sure about the law, all I know is that all the game wardens, national guardsmen, state troopers, etc said shoot on sight and they'd deal with the bodies later. Truthfully you could just go out there and shoot somebody you don't like and I highly doubt anybody would investigate it think they were looting.

>>35040917
>death toll of 35 people
Who the fuck says that? I guarantee well over 300 people died in this hurricane.

>huge gash in my head
I don't have a huge gash in my head. It literally barely clipped me, if it even was a bullet. It probably was some sort of shrapnel, and it also could have well been a piece of the fucked up fan blade on the airboat after it got shot.

>bullet holes in my boat
None of these boats were mine, and the only damage we took was one of the fan blades getting shot on Reese's boat. He took some pictures of it for insurance purposes since it was a fairly new boat but I didn't think to take any. If I could find him on Facebook or something I'd get him to send me one but I'll don't even know his last name, same with the guys I were with in Port Arthur. The only guy I remember there was called the machine and I only remember that because he's called him the snack machine because he was fat.

I also don't claim to have killed anybody, I actually hope I didn't. I really hope they just realized how bad they fucked up and cut it out. But I'm pretty sure I at least hit the first guy in the boat.
>>
>there were bodies floating by
>some looters on boats opened fire on us
>I shot back and heard the bullet hit flesh
>>>ignore the fact that they were on a fanboat 75 yards away, and I was magdumping with no ear protection on, I totally heard the bullet hit flesh
>also I got grazed across my skull

>no pics though lol
You're a disgrace.
>>
>>35040898
Shooting looters in a genuine WROL situation is kinda like what a friend of mine used to say about running red lights out in the country at night (before the age of traffic cams): "Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it."
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>35040963
Seriously, has nobody here ever shot an animal with a .22 or something similarly small? It makes a completely different sound than if you hit earth, metal, water etc etc etc.

This is the best picture I could get. It's towards the bottom by my finger. Like I said, I don't have much to show for it.
>>
>>35041057

Yeah I know that sound. I've heard it from killing animals with .22 and .45.

Not saying I believe your story though, but at least it's entertaining.
>>
>>35040280
but.. but an SKS is what i would use to defend against looters
>>
>>35041026
9mm is not that loud out in the open. If I can hear a bullet hit a coyote in the woods over the report, I can hear it hit a person a good distance away over the water. Also, they just had some shit tier 10' riveted boat with a trolling motor. We weren't going very fast and his fan boat is really not very loud wide open, much less rolling 5mph trying to find people who needed help.

>>35041055
I don't think they'd even care if they did see it desu.
>>
File: nick-nolte.jpg (34KB, 510x340px) Image search: [Google]
nick-nolte.jpg
34KB, 510x340px
>>35040963
I don't know what it's called I just know the sound it makes when it takes a life.
>>
>>35037301
so you can live your fantasy of virility?
>>
File: 1504121861052.jpg (43KB, 600x543px) Image search: [Google]
1504121861052.jpg
43KB, 600x543px
Stop lying you little bitch.
>>
>>35037669

Keep up the good work Anon, and go ahead and get a carbine when the insurance kicks back. I had a Colt Govt. Carbine back when Floyd hit, and it made realize that looters REALLY don't like suppression fire.

The looters boat was still in the tobacco field after the floods drained since I dumped a whole mag of M193 into the bow with a loaded sawed-off SxS shotgun, and a shredded bloody Air Jordan w/ sock and a few bone fragments. I know there was at least 3 from the voices of bix nood.

Sheriff never looked into it, took the shotgun as concerned citizen call, and basically thanked me for doing civic duty.
>>
File: whitetail doe montana 2012.jpg (217KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
whitetail doe montana 2012.jpg
217KB, 1024x768px
>>35041071
I never heard the *blomp*, only read about it in Roberk Ruark's safari hunting stories, until I took a long shot on a deer on a very cold morning with a 30-06 using pretty heavy 180-grain round nosers. Never heard it since because I do all my hunting with a 25-06 now. But yeah. It's a thing.

>>35041137
Virgins fantasize about fucking all the time.
>>
>>35037237
Not even a SHTF situation, you guys are huge pussies. I live right next to rockport and no one even gives a shit.
>>
>>35040916
>Is that how that works? Like I said I'm really not sure, my pops turned mine off for me since I'm not sure how to do it.
it's recommended procedure for disasters, and it's how an old electrician told me to do it, but it isn't commonly instructed to diyers at least. more likely if someone were to be electrocutes in that situation they were standing in water and got close enough to something hot to complete the circuit to ground.
>>
File: original.jpg (33KB, 601x384px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
33KB, 601x384px
>>35037876
>>
>>35041142
Pics or it didn't happen
>>
>>35040405
also
>I've gone hunting without earpro enough to know the sound of hitting flesh
does it should like EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

The 'the bullet grazed my head' is still the worst though
>>
>>35041016
Google it you larping moron, the death toll is sitting at 45
>>
>>35041057
HAHAHHAHAHAHA

Holy shit can someone screencap all of pls
>>
>>35041191
Yes, digital cameras existed in 1999, and why would I need to lie on an anonymous Dominican Cigar Forum
>>
>>35037852
went to waffle house once in kansas, got shitty breakfast, free coffee and the crazy ass manager gave me a couple lines of coke.
>>
>>35041245

Yes, official reports are always correct in a disaster zone under water.

Pro Tip: The media never reports on all the urban yute loot crews.
>>
Im actually considering stopping coming to k after seeing how many of you are falling for this
>>
>>35041245
It's true that he's a larping moron, but it's also true that the death toll is expected to be significantly higher than the current official toll
>>
File: large.jpg (48KB, 382x335px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
48KB, 382x335px
Some remnants of a typhoon is rolling through Alaska right now but we don't give a fuck. Stop being pussies, it's embarrassing.
>>
>>35041245
They death toll the day after Katrina was low too. 45 confirmed dead, they haven't confirmed all the deaths yet. I'd imagine the National Guard is searching homes as we speak
>>
>>35041289
They don't need to stop being pussies, they need to stop living in such low areas
>>
>>35041142
Definitely wishing I wouldn't have sold my AK. I just started building a short .458 socom AR for shits and giggles, would've been even better having that. But either way, im making do because most people around here only have bird hunting shotguns and deer rifles.

>>35041158
Houston was already fucked off before the hurricane though. Rockport seemed like a decent place when I was there last year, how is everything now?

>>35041201
It does, my hearing is terrible. Anything larger than 9mm I use ear pro but most of the time I hunt with a .22 so I don't need it.

>>35041245
The flood water hasn't full receded yet, nor is this whole thing over. There's another plenty of people still missing that are most likely dead. it's gonna go up quickly once water starts receding and they start finding bodies in houses and trapped in cars and shit like that.
>b-but googles always right!
>>
Give me even one excuse for abusing the word LARP when discussing TEXT STORIES.

You fuckers would call a lake an ocean.
>>
File: flood.jpg (104KB, 840x385px) Image search: [Google]
flood.jpg
104KB, 840x385px
>>35041302
But the only people who are getting rekt are liberal counties.
>>
>>35041282
>>35041290
You got me there. Either way this dudes stories about drowned mothers and sons clutching each other and loads of bodies floating around are p childish and pretty fucked up considering hes trying to make this about his action hero fantasy instead of the people who are actually in the shit

Why cant we just enjoy guns for what they are without deluding ourselves into thinking we're some kind of commando operator john wayne hero type, this type of shit is the reason we have the insecure taxi driver stereotype about our hobby
>>
Anyone else get warning orders Monday and then told army north isnt going to do shit?

>Texas must be fine.
>>
>>35041289
>remnants of a typhoon
>category 5 hurricane with record amounts of rainfall and flooding

>>35041339
I am in this shit you fucking nigger. I literally lost everything I had but a couple changes of clothes, a pillow, a blanket, and all the shit that was already in my truck. You can read about a good bit of this shit on the local news around here. I know for sure I saw the one with the drowned mother on one of the local news channels, but I wasn't involved in any of that.
>>
>>35041363
You live in a trailer I doubt you had much more then that.
>>
>all the buttflustered teenagers itt
wow you guys sure are jelly
>>
>>35041390
Touché.
>>
>>35041390
he had a trailer
more than you got
>>
>>35041363
>people ask for photo evidence
>ignore for longest time
>3 diff excuses why you dont have pics
>people say to take pic of bullet graze wound
>a pic of your thinning scalp with literally nothing but a little redness

You gotta be an olympic level mental gymnast to believe this load of shit, you can stop posting anytime man
>>
File: IMG_4512.png (335KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4512.png
335KB, 1242x2208px
I just want a god damn shower and some AC.
>>
File: IMG_4514.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4514.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>35041437
What were my 3 different excuses other than there is literally nothing to show for it and that you wouldn't be able to see much through my long ass hair even if there was?
>>
>>35041439
Nobody fuckin believes you man. Stop posting.
>>
>>35041460
Who are you even kidding right now m8?
>>
>>35041316
Rockport got hit by the damn thing. A high school and apartment complex got demolished along with houses and other things and it got some flooding since theyre right by the water of course. I think about 2 people died there when it came through. My point is that people are overreacting about this hurricane, only thing that really happened was flooding and no power>>35041316
and people think "Texas is gone" like we're in anarchy or some shit.
>>
>>35041256
Before you were born, there was an amazing technology called photographic film, where you could take an image using a photochemical reaction and have it later developed. Many people had them.

As for why you'd lie on 4chan, I dunno maybe you and OP could have a pow-wow about it.
>>
>>35041501
Y'all didn't get massive flooding that we got though. Not from what I've heard anyways. Flooding doesn't sound that bad until you actually see it in action.

Texas isn't gone or anything, and truthfully it's not shtf. I think with any natural disaster will come your token niggers that go out and do nigger shit.
>>
>>35037519
>itt: things that didn't happen
>>
>>35041057
There's nothing there
>>
>>35037802
>the teenager latches onto me and cries with relief and pain
Nothing like some delicious FTP during a disaster. Nice.
>>
>>35041402
Jealous of this dudes ability to make up /k/ wet dream fantasies?

>so there I was, heroically rescuing entire families with muh guns and muh truck
>the bodies floated by me by the dozens but I steadfastly remained unfazed
>and then I got into a shootout with ethnic minorities!
>a-and then the teenage girl threw herself sobbing into my arms!
>and then the credits rolled as I drove off into the sunset
>>
>>35037581

New double wides are fuckin nice and better than some homes built nowadays and much cheaper to boot.

I got a piece of shit double wide that i got for free sitting on 150 acres and whenever people comment on its condition, i tell em to look around. Thats why im here.
>>
I wonder if op has shot himself yet
>>
>>35037372
>"Im going to play rescue!"
>cant feed self, dependant on fast food chains

You didnt save 50 people or see floating bodies, it doesnt work that way. This guy is sitting at home, probably not even in Texas. I only reply to encourage everyone else who is not qualified to stay home. People who think this story is how any of this works only get in the way, fuck up, and then need rescued theirselves. This takes resources from those who actually deserve to be rescued.
>>
>>35041339
https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/texas-mother-sacrifices-life-to-save-toddler-from-harvey-flooding
>>
>>35041813
he had a truck and a boat, plenty to save flood victims. i drove into new york with a chainsaw, a generator, 20 gallons of gas in cans and some food and water after sandy. it all went to good use, who are you to say who's qualified?
>>
File: 1502685899084.gif (480KB, 493x342px) Image search: [Google]
1502685899084.gif
480KB, 493x342px
>>35041416
>>
>>35041800
That's what I'm talkin bout. Mine wasn't the best but it certainly was better than most people's houses. Past tense.

>>35041809
I have

>>35041813
Literally everybody with a truck and a boat from my area that had the time up and left to help out. I'm VFD so I knew a lot of people that went. You can literally go on any local news site for Beaumont , port Arthur, Houston, etc and see hundreds of average guys with trucks pulling flat bottom boats and launching them out there and helping out. I'm not claiming to be some kind of special snowflake, I just got bored and decided to post all the shit I saw while I was out there.
>>
>>35041754
Apex kek anon. This is the blurb on the back of OP's hero story.
>>
>>35040916

>steel eyed wading past dead bodies
>implying it didn't affect me whatsoever

In cases of mass disassters and societal trauma, PTSD rates actually decrease, because the entire society builds a support structure on one another.
>>
File: 1499540043416.jpg (129KB, 713x558px) Image search: [Google]
1499540043416.jpg
129KB, 713x558px
>>35041898
>lived in trailer
>but I got muh self a double wide
>know the sound of bullets whizzing by muh head
>muh aunt shot at me the crazy ol bat!

You sound like you're in some category of white trash

>inb4 other mobile home community members play white knight
>>
>>35041813
Also who said I'm dependent on fast food and other people's resources (excluding gas)? I've been eating deer meat and canned food that I've had stored up and drinking well water, I'm all good. That being said, I say the same thing, if you don't have the right mind set and resources, you're gonna be fucked and you're gonna need rescue too. It really is no joke out there. Here at home everything's OK because I've got neighbors and friends to lean on and everybody here knows everybody and gets along. But out there it's not like that.
>>
>>35041952
Used to live in a piece of shit trailer park with other family members before I started making my own money and bought 7 acres and dat double wide. Probably gonna buy another one after insurance gives me some money desu.
>>
File: 1504216749612.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1504216749612.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>35041996
Wow maybe you'll be such a stud you'll be able to marry a 1st cousin instead of your sister
>>
>>35041084
>but.. but an SKS is what i would use to defend against looters
Asong as ylu dont have to share it youre okay
>>
>>35042086
ok, i'll hand out mausers and shotguns if it come to that
>>
This thread is hilarious. The moment I read his first "story" I knew it was bullshit.
>aw yeah man I was saving people from the flood and we got to eat some nice food and I had a gunfight with a nigger woahahahh
Yeah good one.
>>
>>35042025

>Not knowing the stupid high return on assets a trailer park brings.

You're just mad anon has a future beyond wage slavery
>>
>>35037848
>in n out tastes like sonic

you're meant to spit out your dip BEFORE you eat, friend
>>
>>35040113
>you can definitely hear the sound over the report of the rifle.

I can hear the THWACK sound of a bullet hitting a squirrel at 300 yards through earpro and over the blast of a loud ass .22-250

This is common knowledge but the 10% of /k/ that actually shoots just goes to the range twice a year.
>>
>>35042137
King of the trailer park a future to be jealous of indeed and I'm sure you get to be the queen when your boyfriend becomes the double wide mogul
>>
File: IMG_4511.png (2MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4511.png
2MB, 1242x2208px
>>35042135
Waffle House isn't really considered nice food around here, more like mid tier. IHOP is god tier.

>>35042143
The burgers taste like god damn sonic burgers man. Maybe it was just the one I ate at in Dallas but it wasn't worth the drive. Five Guys all the way.
>>
>>35042137
>Not wanting to become a feudal lord over illiterate serfs

It is almost like you want to be poor on principle
>>
>>35041321
>this same triggered faggot
>>
File: 201_1213.jpg (80KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
201_1213.jpg
80KB, 640x480px
>>35037372
>IFS with leafs in the rear
>IFS = Shit
>Rear leafs are ok (with weight on it) but your tray is empty which means its SHIT
>>
>>35041891
Youve supposedly done what he claims to be doing and you see nothing wrong with his story? That alone calls bullshit on you too.
>>
>>35037858
>>35037876
This has already been proven to be fake.
>>
>>35042175
This.i can't count the number of squirrels I've shot with a .22 and it absolutely positivevly does make a dull thud sound in the right conditions.you people are truly clueless.
>>
The most believable part of OP's story is that he lives in a trailer.
>>
File: Alvis_Stalwart_W&P2011.jpg (731KB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
Alvis_Stalwart_W&P2011.jpg
731KB, 2048x1360px
Wanna but a proper truck ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mr_pCrhTkk
>>
>>35042307
i didn't get in any gunfights, but some people do leave their houses, tons of people have gone to texas to help flood victims. you also don't hear on the news what it's really like post disaster, everything is polished up for the narrative.
>>
>>35037237
Why didnt you evac
>>
>>35037457
Hope you have flood insurance
>>
>>35037237
Can I have your stuff when you die?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I'd believe you if you were just rescuing people but that gunfight with looters is bullshit. I live in the area and there's been nothing on looters killing or being killed by people. The only semi concrete evidence of violence is those Cajun navy guys saying they got shot at but that's it unless I haven't read something. I've been working storm as a contractor for centerpoint so I been all over the area this past week or so and the worst that's happened from what I've heard is some stores and abandoned homes being ransacked or people posing as first responders telling people to evacuate so they can come in later and steal shit. Post evidence or fuck off with your retarded fantasy bullshit man
>>
How many niggers did you execute?
>>
>>35037812
Waffle house is great for buying drugs and sex. Not for food.
>>
>>35037623
if you need emergency power for this, get a computer battery backup unit and wire it to any 12v battery. gel or deep cycle marine would be best but any will do. battery backups are commonly available at garage sales and thrift shops, the battery dies and people get rid of them, try to get an apc one, bigger the better. don't pay more than $5 or $10 for it, tell them the battery is dead and you'll need to buy an expensive new one to get it to work. if you want a less haphazard setup you could get a proper inverter, a battery gauge and a marine battery and have it ready to go, if you never put any load on the battery it'll last vastly longer than one in use.

good setup if you or a family member requires powered medical equipment and you aren't quite ready for a generator.
>>
>>35042996
*also check the power supply of the device, most shit will just run on 12v straight and you can skip the inverter/power supply step and wire the battery straight into the device.
>>
File: IMG_4453.jpg (3MB, 4031x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4453.jpg
3MB, 4031x3024px
>>35042257
Eh, all I do is very light wheeling anyways. The most flex it ever sees is climbing washouts, most of the off-road use it sees is mud and sand. I did put king coilovers and total chaos ucas with Deaver add a leaf so at least I did it right.

>>35042367
Lmao, who proved it to be fake? I'm really curious about this one.

>>35042663
Never thought water would get that high. Last time my house came a foot from flooding it was a record, and we raised it up another foot when we re leveled it because the floor got wet.

>>35042762
If the Cajun navy guys got shot at, why can't I? When everything first started flooding and panic set in, looters were definitely armed and active. I don't know where you've been at, but I've heard so much shit about violence and robbery it's unreal, albeit most of it was in Port Arthur. Again, taking videos was far from first thing on my mind so I have no evidence, but I can promise you I got shot at right there in Channelview and Dickinson. Maybe it was just at that time when it was first starting to flood and everybody was panicking while it was still raining or something, but while I was there it was going down.
>>
File: GMC Duck Boat.jpg (339KB, 720x454px) Image search: [Google]
GMC Duck Boat.jpg
339KB, 720x454px
Seen any duck boats down there? I'm surprised I haven't seen any photos of duck boats helping out. Or any amphib for that matter.
>>
>>35043951
I don't think I've ever seen a boat like that desu. Most of the people in the area only has regular flat bottom allweld boats with mud motors or air boats. I've seen some with blinds on them tho.
>>
Anyone else hit with mold? My AC can't hold cold air for more than 300 seconds and smells really musty, but I need to turn it on to keep the place under 80F.
>>
>>35041511

Nigger, nobody walked around with a goddamn Polaroid in a fucking disaster area, especially at night when looters are out. Only had a D-cell Maglight in those days too
>>
>>35041813

You have never lived in a hurricane zone, or have never been in a bad hurricane. This shit is not covered in the media because white people get their shit sorted out and it doesn't make for good news stories.
>>
>>35042762
Not op but I'm gonna just leave this here.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/08/30/looters-in-houston-targeted-firefighters-and-rescue-personnel-now-the-city-is-striking-back/
>>
>>35042210
What am I looking at in this pic?
>>
>>35044778
Yeah that's 100% true but OPs little story about a pitched fire fight is total bull until I see a news story about it. Shit like that doesn't slide under the media radar
>>
>>35044886
Boat went over the car.
>>
>>35044460
My apartments been getting it bad since last year's flood. And im in Brazoria County.
>>
>>35043951
I've seen a group of about 15 amphibious vehicles in Pearland. Don't know the name of them though. Like APCs with no gun.
>>
>>35044963
I'm going to a clinic tomorrow (despite no health insurance THA) to get myself checked out. How's your chest feeling?

Last year caught me by surprise. Never parking in the street in a heavy downpour again.

This year I drove into water trying to flee town because I listened to /pol/. Never again.
>>
>>35044891
Media? You saw that was from the blaze via the daily caller?

Not CNN, fox or MSNBC.
>>
>>35045015
Me and mine have been fine. There was a little bit around march when I had started coughing terribly but since I had went and got antibiotics, I've been fine and the apt management has been pretty much on top of their shit.

Yeah we had stayed because Angleton didnt flood at all last year and we figured we'd be fine in an upstairs.

>listened to /pol/

Well there's your first mistake buddy lol
>>
>>35045067
Hope the mold is cleansed soon. Then again I'm leaving this state next week so I guess I'll just live out of my rental car for most of the day.
>>
>>35045015
On Tuesday, I drove through about 5 inches of water on my way to Freeport going 65 in a civic at 5am and spun out. My fuckin bumper came off and i just left it on the side of the road.
>>
>>35044891
>Shit like that doesn't slide under the media radar
yeah it absolutely does. the cops don't want to hear about it, the people looting either die and are flood casualties, get some medical attention you never hear about or walk it off, the shooters just tell the tales in bars or tazmanian cross stitch forums.
>>
>>35037561
Fuck dude if you were close to a refinery that could have been hydrofluoric acid you were exposed to. Any trouble breathing?
>>
>>35037613
>obviously
>>
>>35037663
Yesss get some ski boots OP
>>
A NG coworker of mine got deployed along with the rest of his unit to help get a handle on things. I hope he makes it back alright, and hopefully doesn't need to shoot anyone. He sounded pretty worried about the last bit, considering that it's not some easily dehumanised enemy he'd be going up against.
>>
File: FullSizeR.jpg (40KB, 650x501px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeR.jpg
40KB, 650x501px
To all you morons who panic bought gas in the last week

Fuck you. Abbot fucking fuck said there is no shortage and the only sifference is s $.10 you useless cocks
>>
>>35045106
Treat yourself to something nice my man. I need to sleep early for physical next week.
>>
>>35045328
panic bought? gas runs out when gas trucks aren't delivering and all the refineries are underwater. no one is hording gas.
>>
Be careful with fireants because there been reports of fireant rafts flooting around and heard an incident that a cpuple guys had to jump boat because their boat rammed into one of those large fireant rafts by mistake and the boat was covered with fireants in just under a minute
>>
File: 1504240834725.jpg (103KB, 1028x675px) Image search: [Google]
1504240834725.jpg
103KB, 1028x675px
>>35045380
>antman has launched his weaponized fireant navy on poor victims in the hurricane area.
>>
>>35045365
Tell that to the long lines at the pump cuz all they heard that the refineries are underwater.
Every news network pulled people from the lines and they said they heard there was no more gas with plastic jerry cans in their full of unleaded
>>
File: 1504241582175.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1504241582175.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>35045400
>>
>>35042484
Fuck yes. We Dakkar rally truckin nao.
>>
File: do not want 2.jpg (81KB, 699x465px) Image search: [Google]
do not want 2.jpg
81KB, 699x465px
>>35045400
>>35045417
>antman
>>
File: 1504242048096.gif (737KB, 609x342px) Image search: [Google]
1504242048096.gif
737KB, 609x342px
>>35045426
He even made them so strong that a rock will only bounce off
>>
>>35045417
mortar & pestle to paste those into something very friable and delicious with some beer batter, etc
>>
>>35045417
keep a bottle of lighter fluid with you, or i guess bug spray might work
>>
>>35045404
all the cans sell out instantly, so everyone is limited to the one or two they have for their lawnmower. i have 10 though.
>>
Sorry I got here late, but I hope OP is doing well and is safe. God bless!
>>
>tfw you want to go down and help but then can't find a way to make it feasible
>>
>>35037946

Maybe it's cause that house hold had activated almonds?
>>
>>35045287
Does hydroflouric smell like chlorine? I did have a little trouble breathing but not too bad. The chevron plant was literally right across the interstate with 7+ feet of water and no power at all so I figured there would be some kind of bad shit, then I opened the door and it just smelled like fuckin pool water so I didn't think much of it till my eyes started swelling up

>>35045328
Fuck them dude. Power just came back to my town so all the gas stations are back up and there's no lines but the shits 2.60 a gallon. Un fucking real

>>35045365
Gas trucks were delivering, just very few gas stations had power to pump it. I don't think people were panic buying, just hoarding it all so they wouldn't have to wait in line till everything blows over. Saw several people with 55 gallon drums when I was in line earlier.

>>35045380
Luckily I'm already used to that from flooding that's happened around here before and they're easy to recognize. I fucking hate fire ants.

>>35046473
>>35046526
Everything's all good where I'm at, waters back down for the most part and power is restored to my area and I have a good place to stay now. Hopefully everybody in Houston, Port Arthur, Orange, etc etc are doing better now too, I haven't been tuning in to Zello since my house flooded so idk how things are going there now.
>>
>>35037604
I am so far north in Texas that I didn't even get rain, and the gas stations jacked it up 50 cents, and said supplies are limited. People fucking freaked out and filled every gas can they own. Fuckers closed all the pumps and are rich as shit.
>>
File: IMG_4523.png (2MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4523.png
2MB, 1242x2208px
Exxon in Baytown right next to Bucees. Prolly 3 or 4 miles from the Chevron plant I said was flooded and leaking shit.
>>
File: 20170515_150209.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170515_150209.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I live in Dickinson (not technically though, we're unincorporated Galveston county, but literally across a one lane road from Dickinson) and it got pretty bad on the other side of town. Helped my buddy clean up his old house, dude lost everything and so did everyone else in his neighborhood. My buddy in League City lost everything also, and went straight to work from the shelter since he works for Centerpoint. Shit was rough.

Fortunately where I live I didn't get any flooding or anything, and I was just down the street. I had power pretty much the entire time too, it was out for a bit on Saturday but that's all. I was prepared for chimp outs since the neighborhood next to where I have my townhouse is a ghetto shithole, but other than a few shady people in trucks asking me weird questions, I didn't have too much of a problem. I would through on my poncho and my CZ P01 concealed and walk around and check on my friends that live around my place, everyone was warm, dry, and armed. Never had any problems, mostly just drank coffee and beer and watched the rain come down.
>>
>>35039308
In Houston the power goes out if it barely sprinkles.
>>
>>35040376
No In n Out is irredeemable shit.
>>
>>35043951
wouldnt be surprised if they didnt even bother, dindus might try to hit em with the gimmedats and take them
>>
File: IMG_6302.jpg (72KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6302.jpg
72KB, 700x525px
>>35045084
Get a bed!
>>
>>35037563
Fucking read
>>
>>35037613
You should stab yourself in the throat. Weakness like yours is destroying this country
>>
Flood water hot or cold? Also does the water stink?
>>
>>35037889
You're dumb. Do you not hear the sound of the bullet hitting the backdrop at the range? And you've obviously never been hunting you city boy piece of shit
>>
>>35041339
Not saying I believe the gunfights and shit this dude is claiming, but the saving people stuff sounds about right.

I know a couple dozen guys that ditched the first week of courses (Texas A&M) to take their boats out to Houston and Rockport with cases of water to help with rescue and relief.

Three of my buddies are down their with the guard and half of their snapchats have random redneck looking fucks in civvies doing most of the work.
>>
>>35047470
Not him but that couldn't work for me unless I left the doors open to the bugs.

I'm 6'4" and like sleeping like a Chad.
>>
File: 1504180988512.jpg (181KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1504180988512.jpg
181KB, 1200x800px
I just realized Irma hits NEW YORK on 9/11
>>
>>35046952

Hunt county?
>>
>>35037585
>Are looters a social construct or a byproduct of socio-economic systemic oppression?

Call it six or a half dozen. Either way, it's just a polite way of saying "nigger".
>>
>>35047841
They're moving targets. That bleed when you shoot them.

Black or white. Anyone that takes advantage of that kind of situation to rob their neighbor needs to get planted.
>>
>>35037585
Most of the time it's relatively well-off middle class blacks and their wigger companions.

Genuinely poor people are actually probably less prone to loot because they're trying to gather up what little they've got left.
>>
>I've been hunting my whole life
>you can hear the sound of bullets hitting flesh
Listen retards, I've been hunting since the rifles were taller than I was as well. I deployed to Iraq twice and Afghanistan once. You are not going to hear a distinct sound of bullet hitting flesh and bone from a pistol caliber round, over the sound of boats, over the report of gunfire. This dude is most likely in the flood zone doing some good things, but the whole boat gunfight story is complete horseshit.
>>
>>35037985
>>35037999

/Diy/ here, most service in the US has 100 amp service to the breaker box. The voltage isn't the problem, it's the amps. It only requires 0.1 to 0.2 amps to kill a human being. A breaker box will kill you 1000x over before the breakers even trip.
>>
>>35042210
Five guys is shit you larping faggot
>>
>>35042210
Can confirm, inorout's in Tejas just don't gotit. Not entirely different obviously, but something amiss. Think JewYork pizza and, literally, pizza anywhere else.
O and fyi, ihop is just as shittier as der waffelhaus.
>>35042184
Will the buttsore whiny milennialibtards go . Just go. Go and start your own story somewheres else. We get it, you donts beleeeeve. No need to post it over and over.
>>
>>35048197
5 guys is good and Whataburger is fucking shit tier, as is Sonic.
>>
>>35047052
K keep me posted
>>
>>35048275
Sonics good for shakes and slushes. Five guys is good for burgers, fries, and a shitload of peanuts. In'n'out has decent McDonald's-esque fries
>>
>>35048617
>>35048275
> retards who never been to fat burger
>>
>>35043951
Think all the ducks are used for tourism now
>>
>>35042484
This is what the /K/ brigade will roll up in.
>>
File: IMG_4516.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4516.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>35047616
Cold as fuck, and some of it stinks like shit, some doesn't really smell at all, and some smells like chemicals.

>>35047686
>mfw I'm a random redneck looking fuck in civvies

>>35047906
I shot a deer for food last night with the same Glock 19 and heard the same thump. No ear pro and I was in my buddy's loud ass truck. Maybe with other people shooting or in closed off spaces you can't hear it but I could hear it in an open area over a fan boat creeping. Also I didn't just magdump it. I shot everything that was in it but I didn't just pull the trigger as fast as I could.

>when you're going down a back road looking for food and you drive over a puddle

Also tips for noticing/preventing mold?
>>
>>35041266
Really? It isn't the rabid racism or Trump shitposting that did it?
>>
>>35049805
Eat shit commie.
>>
>>35049038
>Also tips for noticing/preventing mold?
get everything dry as fast as possible, get it out in the sun on drying racks, have fans indoors constantly moving air. wipe down everything with bleach, tear out insulation or sheetrock that'll hold moisture. for your truck get anything loose out of it, mats/junk, try to get any fabric out of floor you can. leave it in the sun with the windows down and the hood up
>>
>>35047686
>I know a couple dozen guys that ditched the first week of courses (Texas A&M)
kek they're not missing anything.
>>
>>35037623
Your a better man than I anon. I'm 20 as well and probably would've just hid in my room till it was all over.
>>
>>35037372
>>35037457
>>35037519
>>35037561

One hell of a LARP, friendo. You could be the next Tom Clancy.
>>
>>35047052
sounds comfy
>>
>>35037372

That cunt Irma better turn up the coast. Texbro up north pulling for you guys.
>>
>>35037858
Sounds more like you need some /k/ buddies to come and drop you of a semi
Auto rifle. Any /k/ anons in the area?
>>
>>35049885
Already did everything except the bleach and the hood up on the truck. Appreciate it anon

>>35050256
I truly don't blame you

>>35051914
Nah I'm all good over here. Most of the people around here are aware who's VFD and who's not, so most of the time we're pretty safe. Supposedly while my dad was staying at the house last night he heard a paddle hit the side of a boat at the neighbors house (wayyyy out in the sticks, you can hear everything out there) and when he called out asking what they were doing nobody answered. So he grabbed his .270 and shot in the air and they yelled they were checking on their dogs, but dad didn't recognize the voice (keep in mind we know all the neighbors very well, most of them work for the same company I work for and the others we're good friends with). So dad told them to fuck off or he'd shoot them and they promptly fucked off. Neighbors came back today and said nothing was missing so that's good at least.
>>
>>35037457
You were in channeview?? That's the shittiest part of Houston!
>>
>>35042996

This

Nigger rigging old APC's have saved my ass many times over the years.
>>
File: IMG_4527.png (3MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4527.png
3MB, 1242x2208px
>>35052779
There was a lot of real nice people we got out of there but most were super niggerish.

This is in the town right next to mine. People definitely come to their senses when natural disasters come through.
>>
>>35050753

Kinda was, actually. Got cabin fever for a whole and all I wanted to do was lift weights, but my gym is a couple miles away through water. The rain and thunder while drinking tea and listening to downtempo youtube channels was pretty cool though.
>>
OP is cringe as fuck, making up gun fighting stories to impress fat man children on 4 Chan
>>
I'm LA NG and turned down a voluntary deployment bc college. I wish I could have gone but I would have been fucked for the semester
>>
>>35037669
Anon please be carful with the snorkel. If you go too deep with it the differential pressure will rip out your tounge or even worse your lungs
>>
>>35037237
Bamma bro here.
I play on heading down there next week to help out. I'll keep an eye out for you
>>
How do you even deal with getting the firearms out in these situations? I know Texas allows open carry so it doesn't matter but still.

I have over 20 rifles and handguns and I wouldn't want to leave them under water.
>>
>>35041057
noice dandruff m80
>>
>>35042210
ohhhhh, just realized the horizontal marks are from the boats propeller blades hitting the car roof
>>
>>35050256
Lol bitch
>>
>>35054465
Headed to Houston or the Port Arthur area?

>>35056399
I've never really put much thought into it, literally just moved them around regardless of who was around. Nobody really gives a fuck unless it's a cop and you seem threatening for some reason.
>>
>>35057903
Bama here, not really sure man. I honestly would need to know where to head. I'd be willing to try and hook up with a group or something I'm looking for ways to contact people
>>
>>35037581
doug is that you?
>>
>>35041262
I left a drunk friend in the back of my truck after a party in school and got shitty Waffle House breakfast and we look out the window and the little guy is in a physical altercation with a she- junkie. Greatest Restaurant of all time!
>>
>>35041952
Trailers are the tits! Enjoy dat mortgage on your Mexi-built cuck house.
Can't wait to buy some land innamountains, park a double wide on it, and build an Aframe over it to keep the snow off/ use as loft space to hang meat/ dry pelts. Gonna be fun on a bun.
>>
>>35037613
You ate a total tree hugging pussy.
>>
>>35058255
Whoah whoah! Don't put his faggot as on us, I'm a treehugger that would shoot any looters fucking up my neighborhood.
>>
>>35037600
>armour
Mangy Brit
>>
>>35053803
Whats even more cringy are the retards (who are probably OP desu) praising him

GIT R DUN
>>
File: tapes.jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
tapes.jpg
9KB, 275x183px
>>35037802
Well no wonder the spics shot at you, you weren't using that soundbar to blast Will and the Poor Boys tape!
>>
>>35037372
>Making a snorkel out of PVC
I love America
>>
>>35037237
Wow, everyone won't shut up about how bad it is down there.

But after seeing how everything literally went sideways in your pic I am inclined to believe a few things did go wrong.
>>
>>35049885
>trying to save a water logged vehicle that is totalled

Call insurance and get a new vehicle. A lot less work and heartache.
>>
>>35048632
Fat burger is mediocre
>>
>>35041057
>yellow wound

I would be concerned about infections right now anon.
>>
>>35042025
>anon changes his story from LOL THIS NEVER HAPPENED to LOL THIS ONLY HAPPENED BECAUSE YOU'RE TRAILER TRASH after getting thoroughly btfo
>>
>>35058983
Youre either samefagging support or youre a fat retard who really wants this larp to be real, and both are pretty fuggin sad
>>
>>35059080
what's so hard to believe? that someone went with a boat to rescue flood victims? that they were shot at and returned fire?
>>
File: IMG_4530.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4530.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>35057965
Join Houston Area Off-road Recovery on Facebook and their chat group. I was on it before the hurricane and that's what I've been using to link up with people and figure out where to go.

>>35058629
The only music we played was some Z-Ro when we started going through some of the darker communities. We had a black guy with us so everybody that got in the boat though it was funny and not racist.

>>35058675
Yee yee

>>35058733
Can somebody pls tell me how to fix all these sideways ass pictures. I broke my S7 right before the flood so I'm using an iPhone 6 and I have no idea what I'm doing.

>>35058840
My Toyota isn't totaled, that's the only one I really give a fuck about. The Titan I was posting pictures of I was trying to get rid of anyways so now insurance can pay for it.

>>35059307
I've got another story about looters from Port Arthur I heard from a buddy that's an ex-cop. I'll share it later since I'm still gutting the house, long story short he went up there with police support to some shelter by the canal with a 30' gooseneck full of pallets of water and baby formula and niggers wanted it.
>>
>>35037237
do I care? nope
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.