[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SHTF: What do you have on your phone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Kyocera-DuraForce-XD.png (273KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Kyocera-DuraForce-XD.png
273KB, 630x420px
Do any of you preppers plan on using your phone in a SHTF scenario where all Internet goes down? With solar chargers and power banks, your phone could still be a useful tool.

I keep a moderately recent (early 2016) copy of Wikipedia and Wikitravels downloaded on my phone (With the Aard 2 viewer) offline maps of the U.S. and Canada (OsmAnd) a morse code translator, and a bunch of survival/emergency medical books as pdfs. I also keep backup APKs of all of the apps that I use on my SD card, in case my phone is damaged, and I need to switch to a different one.

What do you guys keep on your phones?
>>
So far just the FEMA app, I had no idea the rest of these were even a thing. Quick question though, how many rechargers do you keep in your gear?
>>
>>35036895
>keeping a tracking device on your person
>SHTF
SHYGDDT
>>
How did you download Wikipedia?
>>
>>35036960
There's numerous ways. Last time I checked, the English wiki in whole, in compressed form, was something around 8 gigabytes.
>>
File: Offline survival manual.png (207KB, 713x1011px) Image search: [Google]
Offline survival manual.png
207KB, 713x1011px
>>35036895
The "Offline Survival Manual" app is a fine compilation of numerous SHTF and innawoods guide documents and charts. Some pretty neat stuff, pretty easy to read stuff. Not exactly super detailed, but something to get things started with in case you're stranded in a miserable situation ... with a phone.
>>
>>35037076
That's impossible. There's so much garbage on wikipedia, including images, that it could never amount to only 8gb.
>>
>>35037176
AFAIK, the mini-packs are text-only, with maybe the low-res thumbnail images included in some form. There are text-only versions too, which alone would get you quite far.
>>
>>35036895
Is it not possible in your world that there would be no electricity in a SHTF?
>>
>>35037228
>Solar power cells can be bought for dirt cheap
>hand-crank generators are a thing
>billions of batteries of different sizes and shapes available everywhere
>power plants and backup generators can be found even in small villages these days
>got a working car? you got a machine capable of producing electricity.
When electric power can be literally generated with nothing but potatoes and lemon juice, I find it highly unlikely that electricity would just cease to exist.
>>
>>35036943

I keep one ~15000mAh and one ~20,000mAh battery bank, and a solar panel that can attach to either of them. Takes about 14 hours of sunlight to charge them with my best panels, though. Pretty light for the capacity you get, and they hold a charge for about two weeks before you notice some phantom draining.

>>35036957

Obviously I wouldn't take it with me depending on the type of SHTF scenario.

>>35037176

My download is 11gb, and includes all images and videos from EVERY article on the site. I don't know how they do it, but it actually includes everything, even a bunch of full-length public domain films. The reader I use, Aard 2, allows me to access it without uncompressing the files, too.

>>35037099

This is great. Thanks!

>>35037228

I have a bunch of solar charging solutions. My favorite one right now is a $20 panel that fits right on the top of my pack. It takes about 20 hours of sunlight to charge one of my banks, but if I always have it connected to just top them off, it is pretty rare to run out. I also have a charger that runs off of AA batteries, which is really slow and inefficient, but would work in an emergency.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170901-025923.jpg (42KB, 324x318px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170901-025923.jpg
42KB, 324x318px
I only have the survival manual app on my phone
>>
>>35037494
And screenshots of my local areas and "bug out/escape routes on my phone through Google maps satellite view.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.