[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Optics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: tavor.jpg (8KB, 303x166px) Image search: [Google]
tavor.jpg
8KB, 303x166px
Picking up this gun on tax free weekend in Louisiana on Saturday and I need /k/'s opinion on optics. This gun is going to serve two purposes only. Home defense and hog killing. I have narrowed it down to the following:

Eotech
Vortex Strike Eagle
Aimpoint Pro
Trijcon MRO
Meprolight

Please let me know if you have any experience with any of the above. Keep in mind that most use will be under 200 yards. Probably vast majority under 100. But I am open to versatility.

inb4bullpupsareameme
inb4AUG
inb4((()))

Please spare me the bullshit on the gun, the deal has been arranged and I am aware of all of the memes. Thanks, guys.
>>
>>35035622
Meprolight would be where I'd go with this. Worth the sheckles for the PLO killing aesthetics.
>>
>>35035622
I wish they sold the round handguard, short rail version of the X95. I'd consider getting one then.

To answer your question though, you might as well go Mepro to make it an IDF LARPing rig.
>>
I have heard pretty mixed reviews on the meprolight. Anyone handled one?
>>
Way to get a Jewish meme gun instead of an AUG.
>>
The tavor is a excellent weapon, short and built like a tank, rifles need magnification, if suggest a pa 1-6
>>
>>35035622
>>
>>35035622
>Eotech
you're still considering them?
>>
File: Jews4.jpg (44KB, 444x296px) Image search: [Google]
Jews4.jpg
44KB, 444x296px
>>35035622
Why would you even consider buying that jew shit after visiting a red pill thread on /pol/?
Have you no soul?
>>
File: avor.jpg (43KB, 750x502px) Image search: [Google]
avor.jpg
43KB, 750x502px
>>35036211
whatever he used on his.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKSisqfC1Es
>>
>>35035622
Not sure if Eotech is still fucking shit because of thermal drift or if it was overblown.

Aimpoint has a good reputation and a plethora of aftermarket mounts and accessories.

MRO has been hyped up a bit recently but you take into account silhouette of the knob on top and very minor bit magnification that it has.

Meprolight should be ok. Avoid if more expensive than Aimpoint.
Take into account height over bore considering the thickness of the rail and the fact you're planning on using it in a dwelling. Might have to consider low profile mounts and smaller optics such as the T2 or rmr.

Alternatively emphasize on minimizing the gap between shouldering and getting a workable sight picture and burning the HOB offset into memory every time you fire under 50 yards.
>>
Mepro for Full Jew Aesthetic
May I suggest a Vortex or Burris 3X prismatic? Slight magnification and backup etched reticle is plus in my book.
>>
Does anyone have any experience with Vortex? I was considering one but figured I might as well go to a higher tier if I was going to buy a rifle that expensive in the first place.
>>
File: 1502003837850.jpg (75KB, 664x941px) Image search: [Google]
1502003837850.jpg
75KB, 664x941px
>>35035622
Enjoy your Minute of Barnyard accuracy potential, you know a rifle is dogshit if MAC himself drops it due to laughable accuracy.

>muh tax free IDF rifle

Yeah sorry zionist, you are just getting jewed hard on this shekel making machine.
>>
>>35037847
>Not sure if Eotech is still fucking shit because of thermal drift or if it was overblown.
It was overblown and they fixed it. Just get a 2017 production model with the new logo.
>>
File: 20170901_115414.jpg (4MB, 1859x3614px) Image search: [Google]
20170901_115414.jpg
4MB, 1859x3614px
>>35039902

Can only report on the 1-6 I've had for about 8 months on a QD mount. It's bigger amd heavier than I imagined but it seems built very tough, picture is pretty clear, and I love that it can dropped down to no zoom which kind of defeated the purpose of the QD mount I got. On a bullpup it might be too long. I don't know for sure though. You can probably find pictures of it online if you just search it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.