[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could the US coast guard take on the navy of a nother country?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 42696.jpg (150KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
42696.jpg
150KB, 1200x800px
Could the US coast guard take on the navy of a nother country?
>>
depends on the country
>>
Does the coast guard have ASW capability?
>>
Canada easily. They could probably even capture cities on the coast without much resistance
>>
>>35034178
Cutters have Bofors and M2s so they could fling harsh words for a short period assuming they weren't sunk from over the horizon first.
>>
It seems a large amount of "Navies" in the world are at best 5 or so missile boats and a few dozen patrol boats.

So yes, I bet the coast guard could smash a significant number of the worlds navies (not all at once of course)
>>
They could easily take on the navy of nepal, or Paraguay
>>
>>35034178
They already do.

You know the coast guard does patrols off the coast of Somalia right?

The US coast guard operates around the world
>>
I live on one of the great lakes. I have seen some of their boats they and aircraft they keep just on the lakes ( granted, some of the lakes ARE borders, but whatever ). They are pretty impressive. Also, some of their WHEC boats are pretty damn sharp. Maybe not the newest thing, but you can bet your ass they pack some new tech and weapons.

But, in the real world... You DO try to fuck with them, next thing you know a CSG is rolling up on you and your survivability just fell to 0. At the very least, an Arleigh-Burke class boat is rolling up. Either way, you are FUCKED.
>>
>>35034226
>>35034226
Canada would probably give them a cup of coffee and a casserole, and send them to conquer Iceland.
>>
>>35034178
Mabue the Swiss Navy
>>
>>35037098
You like ON a lake?
>>
>>35034178
They could. But in reality, they won't. The US Coastguard is welcomed almost anywhere in the world. They do good work and are essentially the Firemen/Police/Ambulance service of the sea.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.