[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Financial Irresponsibility

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_9667.jpg (98KB, 800x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9667.jpg
98KB, 800x300px
/K/omrades, I need help. I am tempted to buy a FN FNC with the sole intention of turning it into a transferable machine gun with all of the paperwork. This would cost me approximately 15k in total.

The worst part is that I wouldn't be hurting too badly after spending the money.

I need advice. Please talk me down.
>>
>>35033650
https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/71/1559/fn-fnh-rifle-wsh-full-transferrable-auto-sear-class-iiinfa#detail

do it faggot and post pictures
>>
>>35033650
what country are you in?
>>
>>35033650
Do you own land and a good place to shoot? If I was burning 15k I start there.
>>
>>35033650
Do it

CAPTCHA: avenue closed
>>
>>35033650
I would say that if you have an emergency fund, have all of your credits paid off and this is what you want then go for it. I can't really see it going down in value and you need to have fun with your money at some point
>>
>>35033650
>convince me not to make a great decision
Why the fuck would we do that?

Buy it nigger, buy it right now. Worse that could happen is that you sell it a decade from now for twice what you bought it for.
>>
>>35033687

USA

>>35033692

My family has land with a range back home, and we have access to quality, outdoor ranges for free there. However, I'm away and will be for the next handful of years at least.

My own plot of land is out of the question for the next several years due to moving around with work.

>>35033717

The worst part is that all of this is true.
>>
>>35033650
>talk you down

why? it'd probably the only sound investments you'll ever make. Aside from creating a awesome family heirloom basically.
>>
>>35033650
A transferable machinegun is literally an Investment at this point. Unless the NFA goes away or something.
>>
Buy two MAC-10's, suppress, and then dual wield them, you can thank me later.
>>
>>35033757
>>35033928

Would it be ok to still go out and shoot it? Would I have to keep the rifle in its original configuring, i.e. no rail, to maintain its value?
>>
>>35033870
how can you legally turn a post 84 machine gun into a transferable?
>>
File: IMG_9669.jpg (61KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9669.jpg
61KB, 500x270px
>>35034052

>mfw
>>
File: IMG_9655.jpg (38KB, 432x648px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9655.jpg
38KB, 432x648px
>>35034055

There are sellers who have the pre-ban rifle that was tucked away NIB. There are preban, transferable auto sears on the market as well. I swear, it's all legal.
>>
>>35034055
You can't, also it's post-1986

>>35034054
As long as you don't make permanent modifications to the gun then it won't hurt the value.
>>
>>35033650
Don't buy it. If I can't afford a machine gun then I don't want anyone on /k/ to own one.
>>
>>35034092

So I'd be able to blast away (with proper cleaning and maintenance)?
>>
>>35033650
Do it OP, because you'll regret it later if you don't. 4 years ago I was in the exact same position as you, could have bought an fnc and converted to the tune of 10k. It's a decent amount but I would have been fine at the time. Kept hesitating and the three rifles I was eyeing were sold after a couple weeks. Now I'm not in a position to get even a semi-auto fnc and I kick myself everyday for it.
>>
>>35033650
Almost bought one when they were way cheaper. I can't afford one now, feelsbadman. You can though and you should buy it. Transferable MG's aren't getting cheaper.
>>
>>35034247
What if trump gets the NFA repealed
>>
>>35034403

Is that even on the table right now?
>>
>>35034403
It will still be worth 3 or 4k, FNC's are rare. I don't think it's likely Trump will repeal the NFA, especially during his first term. He hasn't done anything gun wise yet afaik. If he were pushing the HPA I might believe he'd go after the NFA, but I don't think he cares much about guns.
>>
>>35034209
Yea.

This might be something to think about. And I have no idea if this is true or not, so do your own research.

But because the FNC has the serial number on the upper. An FNC that has been registered as a machine gun can't have any permanent alterations to it because that would be 'manufacturing' a new machine gun.

My point is that if the current barrel is worn out, you might not be able to replace it because attaching a new barrel might be seen in the eyes of the ATF as 'manufacturing' a new machine gun.

As I've said earlier, no idea if this is true. But I figure it still might be worth mentioning.
>>
Just imagine if all these rich fags who can afford to "invest" in NFA items put that money towards lobbying to repeal the Hugh's Amendment so that everyone can enjoy full retard guns. Too bad most rich fags are selfish.
>>
>>35035058
Your blowing smoke out your ass
Barrels are not serialized, in the meaning of, it is not the gun
>>
>>35035263
That's changing the receiver, which is serialized.
>>
>>35035058
>>35035431

It seems that it's the sear that's the NFA item. Replacing the receiver is a pain in the ass, but it can be done if the ATF is notified in writing with whatever the new serial number is.
>>
>>35034403
Yeah that'll happen alright. Let's see if he can accomplish a single thing he campaigned on first.
>>
>>35035431
the barrel goes on the receiver here in the USA
fuck europe and their gunlaws
http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/fnc-556-5-56-carbine-rifle-barrel-17-7/

well fuck me charlie, theres even a review saying how its for an NFA gun that they must have shot out
>>
>>35035233
>blow tons of money to accomplish nothing since this is about the 148920385728th most important thing to any lawmaker.
>or spend that money on a surefire investment that's tons of fun

poorfags are literally retarded (which explains why they're poor)
>>
>>35033650
I haven't seen anyone question you on this so far so maybe I'm being a retard, but the machine gun registry closed in 1986.

As I understand it you can't make or buy a legal machine gun unless you're some sort of special FFL and even then it is property of the company.

If you're talking about just buying an existing registered machine gun then as long as they're legal in your state and you can pass whatever unconstitutional restrictions you need to, go for it. Getting the NFA repealed is highly unlikely any time soon, it will only go up in value over time.
>>
>>35035233
How the fuck are you going to "lobby" enough politicians to do that when half of them run on banning guns.

Life isn't a video game you fucking autist, you don't just drop a million bucks on Feinsteins desk and see her voting against gun control the next day.
>>
>>35035930
legend has it there was some guy who had a literal horde of auto sears for FNCs. word got out and the most affordable fullauto rifle wasnt so cheap anymore
>>
>>35033650

My only advice is to buy an UZI instead, but that's personal bias rather than calculated reasoning. Otherwise go for it. You came to the wrong place to be dissuaded.
>>
>>35035977
Even if the sear is the serialized part (what the fuck atf) like someone posted earlier, then op still wouldn't really be "making" a machine gun, he'd just be buying one. Maybe in their retarded legalese the ATF considers that manufacturing a machinegun, but I just wanted to double check op wasnt going to do something retarded like build a machine gun then proudly bring it to his local ATF office to try and register it, then wonder why he's getting handcuffed.

I've seen M16 autosears for sale on reputable websites before and they're (as I understand it) apparently legal to own as long as you only use them in registered lowers or don't own an AR lower with the third hole (so they can't nab you for constructive intent). They're just small pieces of steel so they're cheap, but I feel they're mainly just honeypots that retards would buy and get in trouble when they make a machine gun with them.
>>
The MG registry will be reopened by the time you have access to the land to shoot it on.
>>
>>35033650

I hate myself for passing on these when they were $6-7k. That said, you would be MUCH better off getting an m16 for a little more dough. It's pretty much the best transferable there is. You could not afford a RDIAS but you could get converted receiver or a lightning link. Finding parts for the FNC is basically impossible at this point, there aren't a bunch of them around and IIRC none/few of the parts are commercially available.

At least I got ingot the MG game early, even if my M11s are pleb tier. BTW, there are rifle uppers coming for the M11s. Not something I would take into battle but neither is the FNC.
>>
>>35035930
>it will only go up in value over time.

Bubbles exist and it is actually possible it might go down a small amount short term. Personally, I hake $7k into my MGs and I'm not putting more in because that's the most I'm willing to lose if by some miracle the NFA is repealed. Old machineguns would be virtually worthless overnight. Not likely, but I hope it does happen. I would GLADLY lose my investment for that.
>>
>>35036828
> a machine gun owner that doesn't mind having the NFA repealed and his investments lose value

You, I like you.
>>
>>35035233
"I will spend my hard earned money on a cause that may or may not pan out for everybody else and I have nothing to gain, but plenty to lose from doing so instead of on the thing I like"

What are you, a communist?

t. liberal
>>
>>35036723

What makes you say that?
>>
Fuck you, richie bitchie.

And, god's speed on this beautiful endeavor.
>>
>>35033650
Do what makes you happy OP, isen't that the reason why you are wanting this in the first place?

How about this... give a list of 5 other things you want/could do with that money. Car, other gun, sex toys, ect...

Compare then to that gun, still want it?
>>
>>35038046
Its coming. I can feel it in my bones.
>>
>>35035058
Idiot
>>
>>35036796
Stupid
>>
>>35035927
Importance is irrelevant. It's literally one clause, 4 lines, in the USC to cross out. Small, completely unrelated changes get sneakily added into larger "must pass" bills all the time. All it takes is greasing the right palm(s).
>>35035947
See above. It only takes one or two congressniggers to slip that into some other bill. Obviously it's a bit more nuanced than dropping money on someone's desk.
>give money to one of the big lobbying firms who know what they're doing
>lobbyists grease the right palms
>18 USC 922(o) gets crossed out
>machineguns for everyone who can afford the $200 stamp
>>35037682
by that logic, no one would ever donate to charity
>>
>>35039384
Not my fault FNCs are shit guns because of that.
>>
>>35033650
Do it. My boss at work just spent more than that on a motorcycle, and this will retain its value better and will probably be more fun

And the machine gun registry will never be reopened. Search your feelings, you know it to be true. Normies might be persuaded on silencers and SBRs but never that
>>
File: IMG_0481.jpg (33KB, 322x374px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0481.jpg
33KB, 322x374px
I'm kinda in the same boat, but on a smaller scale, OP. I was ready to drop $2k on a Gemtech Integra next month until I realized that this would probably be a much wiser investment:
https://www.tnwfirearms.com/product-p/mg34-cplt-0008-bkxx-xxxx.htm

Seems a little dumb, but those semi-auto Yugioh M53s (MG42 clones) that are $5k minimum on Gunbroker today retailed for $2k on JG Sales and AIM Surplus back in 2010. Meanwhile, silencers are waaaay too expensive for what they are, and most companies are coming out with improved models of their old cans every year anyway.
>>
>>35033650
$15,000 could be the start of a down payment on a loan to buy some land out in the woods to shoot on. If you "wouldn't be hurting too badly after spending the money," then maybe you could raise more funds for this.
>>
>>35033928

FNC is an investment anyway. There are more registered sears than guns, yet we haven't even seen a semi-auto market come into play to supply hosts for all of those sears.
>>
>>35033650
Sadmin, no!
>>
>>35039676
Even if the registry does get reopened, the only machine guns that will become virtually worthless overnight are the M16 autosears. The WWII MP40 that's $20k today won't suddenly jump down to $2k just because of the Hughes Amendment going away.
>>
>>35039791

I'm not Sadmin.
>>
File: 1502594316100.png (139KB, 424x470px) Image search: [Google]
1502594316100.png
139KB, 424x470px
>>35039676
>tfw never getting a Walther MPL
>>
>>35039812

Honestly, I'm fine with losing money if the registry re-opens.
>>
>>35033650
Is $40k a decent price for twin linked semi auto DShKs that have been converted to .50BMG?

That includes the tripod and anti-aircraft sights by the way.
>>
>>35033650
>I need advice. Please talk me down.

why

buy it you nigger
>>
>>35039687
Just so you know, more often than not TNW guns turn out to be trash
I'd invest in surp instead.
>>
>>35042851
I'm trying to move soon, after which I will get my C&R and start buying more milsurp.

I read a few bad reviews of the TNW MG34s, but they were from back in 2009-2011. I believe Project Guns also built them before, but they're only making RPDs right now.
>>
>>35039687
Instead of dropping almost $5k on that now, it might be better to just save up for a year and buy a real MG34 or another full-auto.
>>
>>35039687

Whatever you end up doing, good luck, Anon.
>>
>could buy MG
>probably gonna use that money to buy land in the country first so I can actually shoot in peace
>>
>>35045464
This seems to be the best way to go, although it would suck taking out a mortgage while trying to save up for a full auto.
>>
>>35034534
If his voter base yells about it enough in 2020 he might promise something and then never do it.

Best we can hope for, but at least he won't be pushing new legislation.
>>
When it comes to opening up the machine gun registry, would it be more politically palatable to open it up on a quota basis? Like say 1000 machine guns per year, while simultaneously making all machine guns into transferrables, plus another amnesty.

In other words, have a flood of formerly limited transferrables become fully transferrable with another flood of amnesty machine guns, but afterwards this flow come down to a trickle of a few hundred new machine guns per year.
>>
>>35047667

I think that taking steps back on gun control, like opening the registry, would be considered a massive political loss for the DNC. Furthermore, it's dangerous for the GOP. All it takes is one machine gun shooting someplace up for the GOP to get fucked on gun control.
>>
>>35033650
Fucking do it OP
>>
File: 9d1.jpg (17KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
9d1.jpg
17KB, 500x375px
>>35039687
>Yugioh M53s
Some of you phoneposters are alright.
>>
File: 1422390354693.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1422390354693.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>35033650
DO IT.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.