[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sig P226 vs. Glock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 10178044.jpg (22KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
10178044.jpg
22KB, 500x500px
Hey, /k/, I'm thinking of joining the NYPD, and apparently they offer you a choice between a DAO P226 (9mm) and a Glock 17/19. My question to you is, which one would YOU choose?
Compare and contrast the two, if you feel like it.
>>
>>35033188
Glock 19 is lighter and more compact if you choose to carry it off duty and lightens the load on an already heavy belt. Don't get the Sig unless you have autism that won't play nice with polymer frames.

Don't get a G17 because NYPD issues custom -2 magazines that have it match ammunition capacity with the G19.

All three have dogshit heavy 12 pound triggers because NYPD needs a heavier and safer trigger than NY State Police who needs a safer revolver weight trigger.
>>
>>35033252
Sigs DA is still one of if not THE nicest DA around though
>>
>>35033188
Depends on which one is easier for you to handle. Glocks are too blocky for my liking.
>>
Am cop

Glock 19. It's easier to carry offduty and also lighter-
>>
File: 1454771544364.jpg (34KB, 284x355px) Image search: [Google]
1454771544364.jpg
34KB, 284x355px
>>35033801
NYPD mandates heavier 12 pound DA, not standard Sig 10 pound DA.
>>
>>35033188
HK P30L with LEM trigger (basically a nice DAO)
Or just a P30L
>lighter than a Sig
>DA/SA if you want it
>Can be LEM if you don't want DA/SA
>sexier than a Glock
>>
>>35033252
Why would they neuter the g17 mags?
>>
>>35034050
P30 is not approved for Duty by the NYPD. Read the thread dude.
>>
>>35034085
;/
sorry babe. I'm a hammer fag but Glocks are lighter and alot easier to learn and be effective with
>>
>>35033188
Since you're not going to be concealing you service sidearm, get the Glock 17 for the longer sight radius.
>>
>>35033188
Glock 19/17 only because the P226 can only be double action. The Glock is also cheaper, so if you use it and it goes into evidence, you're not out $800+ you would be on the 226.

With that said, the P226 is a better pistol in DA/SA config.

>I own both...
>>
>>35034050
7BARKER7 STRIKES AGAIN TO SHIT ANOTHER THREAD UP. GO HOME TO PISTOLFORUM
>>
>>35034228
who? I only go on HKPRO forums other than /k/ :^)
I'm a USP fag tho
>>
Glock.

Source: I bought a fucking P226 before I shot a Glock. Then I realized I shoulda got a Glock.

Alternative source: my friend bought a P226 against my best advice and sold the dumb thing for a Glock 2 months later.
>>
>>35034243
>DA/SA weeds out the weak faggots once again
>>
I have a West German sig and the double action is okay. You'll probably shoot a bystander or two though without a crap load of practice with ANY double action.
>>
>>35033188
Doesn't matter. You're going to be saddled with a 12-pound trigger as mandated by the NYPD, and you'll never be able to hit shit anyway.
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 800x450px
>>35033188
Don't NYPD is shit tier law enforcement.
>>
I'm one department to the east. We use the 226/229 DAK, and having tried two of my NYPD friends' pistols who had the glock and the 226, I'd take the glock hands down. It'll never be a good trigger since you guys are saddled with the 12-pound bullshit, but I can still shoot his 19 almost as well as I shoot my 226 DAK and my non-neutered 43. I can still make good hits at 25 yards without having to try too hard. The 226 DAO is absolutely terrible for anything outside of 5 yards.
>>
>>35033188
>>35034560
And also, take our test when we put the next one out soon. The NYPD treats you like absolute shit and has a terrible quality of life. Since you're on /k/, I'm assuming you don't need to be told this, but if you wind up getting a job as an LEO, please practice an absolute minimum of twice a month. I shoot the most out of everyone in my precinct, and I only shoot once a week or once every other week. Most guys don't even do so much as dry fire until their yearly quals.
>>
>>35034061
https://nypost.com/2016/11/28/nypd-vets-upset-rookies-get-better-guns/
>>
>>35033188
>>35034560
>>35034611
Also, I'd pick the 17 for the same reasons I picked the 226 over the 229 when both hold 12 rounds of .40: longer sight radius and slightly less perceived recoil.
>>
>Everyone arguing about guns when they should be discouraging OP from joining NYPD
Seriously OP, don't fucking do it. It's not worth it. If you MUST become a LEO, move.
>>
>>35034028
I don't really count weight as the determining factor of good/bad for triggers. Lighter is a plus but the feel of the trigger is much more important. Had a FM90 :-Opower with at least an 8lb trigger, but it had a crisp break and it was easy to predict.
>>
>>35034161
>I'm thinking of joining the NYPD
>>
I'd go with a P226 personally.

The NY triggers you'll be issued in the Glocks are terrible. The P226, though heavy, at least has a decent revolver-like trigger. You'll also have a rather long trigger pull, which I think is important for a cop -- especially an NYPD cop who will have poor initial training, little to no follow-up training (no, your qualifications don't count), and who will be very likely to point guns at a lot of people who don't need to have guns pointed at them. Safer for everybody involved. And honestly, if you can shoot a DA trigger, you can shoot pretty much everything.

Purchase an NYPD-approved compact gun later for off-duty carry.
>>
>>35035430
As someone with a P6 with the 12 LB , I can confirm this. The DA is heavy but predictable.
>>
>>35033188
>a choice between a DAO P226 (9mm) and a Glock 17/19.

>choose between one of the best mass produced handguns and a awkward outdated tupperware piece of plastic designed for novice shooters.

kek.
>>
If it makes you feel any better

https://pistol-training.com/archives/8549

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsoX26OhDCY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZplH6zreQI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nod5qLlSGUM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU4v5i5c42k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7YdjrvB718

Do proper dryfire out the motherfucking ass.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.