[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AR-9 build

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 20170729_153332.png (144KB, 248x450px) Image search: [Google]
20170729_153332.png
144KB, 248x450px
Are polymer lowers really that bad? I want one because of muh budget, it's a 9mm dedi so it shouldn't crack that easy should it?

Idk I just hear bad things about them
>>
>>35032998
Bugs... easy on the carrots
>>
File: thisboi.jpg (18KB, 500x697px) Image search: [Google]
thisboi.jpg
18KB, 500x697px
>>35033018
Shut the fuck up
>>
H
>>
>>35033034
Come on, man. Food's not love.

>>35032998
I built an AR on a Tennessee Armory polymer lower. It's just fine, except for the walking issue, which is an easy fix. Polymer obviously isn't going to be as robust as a 7075 forging lower, but unless you're kicking down doors all day erryday that shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>35032998
9mms harsher on parts than 223
>>
File: GWACS-Armory-CAV15-MKII.jpg (216KB, 1000x662px) Image search: [Google]
GWACS-Armory-CAV15-MKII.jpg
216KB, 1000x662px
>>35032998
The GWACs CAV-II is actually a really good polymer lower that won't crack even with 5.56, but you lose the option of having a telescoping stock.
>>
>>35032998
L A R G E
>>
>>35032998
>>35034974
What that guy said. CAV-15 is the best polymer lower on the market as far as reliability and robust-ness is concerned. Most polymer lowers on the market can withstand almost no abuse or significant strain. (If your building a range toy then that's not gonna be an issue. If it breaks you can get another for <$50.)

With the GWACS you lose the ability to collapse the stock or swap out the pistol grip. But, if you're on a budget you won't have to buy a pistol grip, grip screw, front and rear retention pin assemblies, stock, buffer tube, end plate, or castle nut since their all integral or unnecessary. I've got a GWACS lower and it's pretty good. The stock is about 3/4" shorter than a fully extended collapsing stock but the pistol grip has splendid ergos.
>>
>>35035989
/goes and looks

Why the fuck did they build a rifle length stock and require you use a carbine buffer tube?
>>
>>35036019
It's got a lot of reinforcing behind the integral buffer tube so it doesn't break under recoil. The "tube" inside the stock is still the length of a carbine tube. I don't know if they ever attempted to make a rifle buffer compatible version but it seems like it'd be pretty easy if they had a metal buffer tube insert.
>>
>>35032998
ATI makes what is probably the best polymer lower available. They reinforce key areas with metal so you can use standard buffer assemblies. I bought one on sale out of curiosity. Works as well as any other lower.
>>
File: 20170901_003925.png (339KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20170901_003925.png
339KB, 1080x1920px
>>35033034
I laughed way to hard at this. Please dont be a same fag

As for poly lowers i had 2. A bought one and a 80% i milled out. Both cracked. It was about 4-5 years ago but it was enough to get me to swear off them. You might have a poly lower that dosent crack. But with aluminium you wont have to worry it ever will.
>>
>>35036019
So that you can grind down the stock to fit your favorite length of pull without sacrificing strength behind the receiver, you stupid shotacon tripshit
>>
>>35035989
Can confirm, pistol grip ergos on the GWACS are GOAT.

Plus it's Gun Jesus approved. Ian and Karl even fired some rounds into one and ran it over with a truck and the thing still functioned.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.