[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CETME fuckery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3120.jpg (13KB, 309x163px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3120.jpg
13KB, 309x163px
Just picked up a dirt cheap parts kit built CETME at my local gunshow, its so far pretty fun but I have a fucking myriad of problems with it. Nothing that cant be solved with some elbow grease and new parts, but I would like a better introspective from more experienced people.
First and most major problem was its a slam fire whore. Did it twice in two mags, luckily the RSO didnt catch on and I got it out of there asap. I ordered a new trigger pack since it looked to be old as dirt and literally just an old full auto spanish trigger group with a screw welded on to prevent it the selector from going to full auto, which is obviously still reason for my doggo to get capped. Will replacing the trigger pack fix the slam fires or should I look into a new bcg as well? It seemed to be just a shitty hammer and hammer springs but I dont want to take chances.
Problem 2, which is honestly my favorite part of this bubba job, is that the front sight is canted at about an 80-75 degree angle to the left, causing the gun to shoot about 2 feet to the right at 50 yards( I didnt even bother with the 100)
Can I solve this just with a hammer and a vice or should I cut my losses and get a picatinny clamp? I'm not trying to win any marksmanship awards but I want it to be functional for fucks sake. I did get it for about half the price of a C308 though so I'm not exactly complaining if I need new parts.
>>
>>35031119
honestly it sound like the builder was a hack and the guns probably a clusterfuck of problems. hitting it with a hammer wont fix it. a complete rebuild by someone competent might
>>
>>35031243
I have comptetence, but not the tools
I dont want to consider it a forlorn hope project, if I can just have it putting a group on paper without become an assault rifle, I'll be happy
>>
>>35031119
Sounds like a typical Century CETME. I've never heard of one that didn't have the sights welded on so crooked that it isn't even on paper at 25 yards and doesn't have enough adjustment to get on paper either.

This is what you get when you don't do your research. Enjoy your boat anchor, I guess.
>>
>dirt cheap parts kit built CETME

OP are you wondering why your having problems or are you wondering how to undo your fuckup
>>
>>35032187
Its not a wonder to me, I'm just a fixer upper kindof guy soI was looking for opinions on doing just that
>>
How much did you buy it for?
>>
>>35032222
$400 on the dot
So as long as repairs keep me under the $600 total I'll still feel vindicated in the purchase
>>
>>35032242
if you want it fixed properly its going to cost more than 200 bucks
if you want a bunch of hack bandaid fixes to get it to passable its possible with 200
>>
>>35032280
Well thats the thing, its not so far gone that keeping it under $200 and making it back into a servicable range gun, maybe even hog gun is actually quite feasible. The groups I could finally get on paper were not awful, for a very rough kentucky windage aim, and I'm sure the slam fire thing is an easy fix, that is to say if the problem simply wasnt a shitty lower, which is being replaced as soon as the replacement hits my doorstep. And honestlyifI can just bend the front sight post without fucking up the gas tube it may very well be fixed
>>
>>35031119
Speaking to problem 1. The bcg should be fine full auto in rifles like that is usually just a function of the sear. The bcg might have a cammed surface for the auto sear to follow but the group should function regardless.
>>
>>35031119
You didn't really get that dirt cheap. Didn't really overpay for it. Just kind of, bought it for its standard price.
>>
>>35031119
Problem 2. Im assuming you have a vice but jack shit else for tools. I would vice the front end of the complete rifle (and support the rear somehow, a stool it can rest on maybe) with a bath towel between to prevent the vice from fucking up the metal. Pop a 20 dollar bore sighter in the barrel and then slowly "work" the front sight to true with the laser on the wall. However you do that is on you I wouldn't do anything that bends anything. And I would do it slowly and carefully. If it's bolted or spot welded in that position well homie your going to have to cut. Once you get it close, provided you can,to true you can tweak it from there.

My experience comes from working with my friend on his cetme L kit he had fucked up parts too and I wish we had been more patient fixing some of them. Still look perfect and functions but we created twice the work by not being careful. I've also done my own work turning a shitty mistreated saiga 308 into a great and pretty accurate gun. Had to replace a lot of the cosmetic stuff and a few things so corroded they were just made of rust.
>>
>>35032317

>Gas tube

Oh boy. Here we go.
>>
>>35032500
Btw if you need to cut you could by a cheap harborfreight, 1 time or 2 time use dremel and use a cutting wheel to cut ....but I wouldn't do it unless I had the steady hands and accuracy of a surgeon and set it up so that you're cutting towards the sight so if you err you go into the sight not the gas tube if you cut the gas tube your wallet is going to cry fixing it.
>>
>>35032317
>CETME
>gas tube
What
>>
>>35031654
It was a parts kit OP built, not something Century manufactured.
>>
>>35032317
>gas tube
that's the cocking tube famalam. The CETME/G3 is blowback so it doesn't have a gas system.
>>
>>35032684
>>35032668
>>35032524
Shit my bad yall
>>
>>35032367
Prices are high on even the low end of these these days, at least they are here.
>>35032500
Thanks man, this is what I'm looking for
I have a shit load of tools in general, and plenty of experience with pops being a gunsmith himself, but missing anything cutting or welding.
with the post being literally welded to the barrel though I couldnt be more scared of fucking it up
>>
>>35032242
What you bought is a clusterfuck of a parts kit.
Unmolested cetme kits are $150 btw lol

First check the bolt gap and make sure it is even somewhat ok for firing. The slam firing is possibly the disconnector. I had a kit where I had to do some filing to get the disco to reliably catch. Take the grip out and make sure it catches fine and isn't hanging up on anything.
Canted sites can be fixed but you'll probably at least need to redrill the pin on the fsb.
>>
>>35033278
Eh I consider the purchasing of a flat bender, a new receiver, and the welding equipment part of the cetme purchase
>>
>>35033329
Meh, flats are cheap (i got mine for $70). A welder ($500) is useful for many things, so I see that as a useful investment. A bender can be made from round and flat stock for $20 tops in material.
You could go cheap on a HF welder for like $120 though, but expect it not to last.
>>
>>35033243
No problem anon. My advice isn't law. Its just my 2 cents of things ive picked up while trying to turn a few broken pieces of sheet metal back into functioning guns.

I totally forgot cetmes are roller delayed too ha ha. everything ive worked on for the most part has a gas tube.

The post is welded and that's what you want to bend? Well its going to be replaced anyways and you want to shoot it ASAP and you don't care about it looking perfect? I'd bend the fucker true if I could.
>>
>>35033377
I dont do enough with metal, even on my guns, to justify a welder purchase unfortunately. The extent of my gunsmithing capabilities stop at building an AK off of an already made receiver
>>35033466
I wouldnt have to worry about moving the barrel with it then? I'm not up to snuff on my cetme knowledge, as is plainly obvious, so I dont know how the barrel is fit or how well its fit
>>
>>35033278
>Unmolested cetme kits are $150 btw lol
Where?
>>
>>35033553
Pretty much everybody that has kits. Apex has them on sale for $125 right now
>>
>>35033377
I would also basically be terrified of fucking it up like the one I got or worse
>>
>>35033581
>Apex has them on sale for $125 right now
Thank you.
>>
File: 1503974754772.jpg (13KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
1503974754772.jpg
13KB, 170x170px
>>35033777
Ye ye
Checked
>>
>>35033489
>>
>>35031119
>>35032367
You and the OP are both fucking idiots.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-accessories/cetme-c308-ki123-part-kit-detail.html?Itemid=0

cetme model C parts kit, in stock. $165.00
>>
>>35033243
>>35033553
they are as low as $124 dollars on apex and $149 on what a country.
>>
File: 1503892012706.gif (44KB, 400x204px) Image search: [Google]
1503892012706.gif
44KB, 400x204px
>>35031654
This OP. they're total shit. My dad bought one years ago and it was a complete cluster fuck. Returned it and got a slav-shit WASR
>>
>>35035335
Its not even century
Its literally some dudes parts kit build he traded in at a gunshow and I picked up cause fuck it project gun
>>
>>35033581
>>35033777
I live near Apex. Went in to look at their CETME kits, the "good" ones looked "fair," at best.
lots of grime, and some rust, had some good furniture though.
>>
>>35031119
Go here OP.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giZhGNgI26M&list=PLj9u4Ts2NpEs4M6si6_1bh6dgRIX8n8oP
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.