[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where can I get better foam for a Plano case?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: retardedshit.jpg (39KB, 300x354px) Image search: [Google]
retardedshit.jpg
39KB, 300x354px
I just got a Plano gun guard and I'm highly impressed with the quality of the case itself. The only problem is that it uses pluck n pull foam (which i hate) for the middle layer and shitty convoluted foam for the top and bottom layer.

Where can I get better foam without spending as much as the case itself cost?
>>
>>35029529
buy pool noodles at the dollar store? find packing foam in a best buy dumpster?
>>
>>35029529
Get highdensity EVA foam and cut it out with a dremmel or hand tools.
>>
>>35029529
Good automative seat quality foam is expensive yo. I would go to a junk yard/pick-n-pull and find an old seat to pilfer from.

Get a nice sheet of velvet or similar cloth and glue it ontop of the foam for real a gucci look.
>>
>>35029586
Wouldn't it be lumpy as fuck? Also I'm not wanting to pilfer junkyards and get into some Martha Stewart shit, I just want a buy rectangular sheets if foam, maybe cut them down slightly, and throw them in.
>>
>>35029602
You can literally walk in and tell them what you're after. Any pick n pull will probably only charge a buck for a sheet if it came from an already fucked seat.

Might be lumpy if you go out of your way to pick the worst parts. Any old truck will have a solid rear bench. The seat backs are usually long. You're obviously going to do some trimming either way.
>>
>>35029602
You can easily cut it with a hot wire. Attach two live ends to the two ends of a decent length of wire and glide it across to create an even surface. Copper is preferred, but any non weather treated naked wire will work.
>>
>>35029529
https://www.mycasebuilder.com/
>>
>>35030323
This looks pretty good. Have you ordered from them before?
>>
>>35030735
No. I take all my shit to the range in blankets and walmart bags. I have to double up on the bags for the belts for my 1919. Gotta have priorities when expending funds.
>>
>>35030323
kek
>>
>>35031580
Does it have enough room for my Apple Magic Trackpad 2?
>>
>>35029529
Kaizen foam
>>
>>35029529
>it uses pluck n pull foam
Available in any quantity on Ebay.
>>
>>35034157
You're missing the point. He doesn't want pluck n pull because it's shit.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.