[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To those who shoot on federal land, are there targets at your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: federal-public-land-map.jpg (137KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
federal-public-land-map.jpg
137KB, 650x487px
To those who shoot on federal land, are there targets at your public range or do your go somewhere else and bring your own targets? What kind of targets do your bring?
>>
I might be wrong, but isn't it illegal to carry/shoot on land leased by the federal government? perhaps federal land isn't technically "leased"
>>
File: Targetstand.jpg (82KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
Targetstand.jpg
82KB, 700x525px
>>35029382
I bring my own paper targets. Just make a few stands like pic related. The sides are just slipped into the base so even a prius could carry them.

>>35029488
Any BLM or Forest service land is allowed to be used for shooting. Sometimes they're marked off. Sometimes they are off limits but they have to be posted. National Parks are of course off limits. "Federal Lands" such as military bases are obviously off limits
>>
>>35029540
I know you can go hunting in National Forests, but I don't know about recreational shooting.
>>
File: west guns and knife.jpg (124KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
west guns and knife.jpg
124KB, 1023x682px
>>35029382
>>35029558
If hunting is legal there, so is recreational shooting. >>35029540 has it right.
>>
>>35029558
Long as you follow the typical rules you're fine. ie; LEAVE NO TRACE

Pick up your trash (shell casings) so they don't make it off limits.
>>
Why is so much of Wyoming federal? It's essentially unusable anyway.
>>
>>35029382
I dunno, I usually show up mag dump a few magazines into a cactus or garbage laying around or at a hill. Dump the bed of my truck and head back home.

What's the best drink for shooting? I used to go early but coffee seems to make me miss more.
>>
>>35029658
Orange juice for me. I'm allergic to oranges so it makes my hands swell up a little bit so i get a better grip (i have small hands) and also my throat will swell a little bit which makes me focus on my breathing more. Not to mention it's a good source of vitamin C.
>>
>>35029650
That's probably why, no one else has tried to make it his.
>>
>>35029540
National forests are ok though, right?

For instance im pretty sure you can shoot out in Mark twain in my state unless it's marked otherwise
>>
>>35029917
somebody asked already nvm
>>
>>35029382
I shoot on DEC land. It is nice and deserted and there are huge tree trunk piles for backstops.
7.62x54R had exit holes in foot and a half thick trees... hory shet.
>>
>>35029815
>>35029658
You're both retarded.
Having most of the day behind you and kicking back mid-tier lagers or weiss's slowly as you dump a few dozen mags is ideal.
>>
>>35029953
>>35029658
hey faggots, stop shooting trees and cacti
>>
>>35029382
>California isn't fre-
Meanwhile the conservashits in texas are all drowning and can't get help because it's all private property.
>>
>>35029980
>Having most of the day behind you and kicking back mid-tier lagers or weiss's slowly as you dump a few dozen mags is illegal.

fixed that for you
>>
>>35029540
do you know of any areas i can shoot in north texas?
>>
File: 10_CarrFigure2.jpg (95KB, 607x469px) Image search: [Google]
10_CarrFigure2.jpg
95KB, 607x469px
>>35030437
It's a state law.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2925003/
>>
>>35030496
I don't, but theres an absurd amount of open desert between Lubbock, Amarillo, and Oklahoma i can't imagine it being 100% private property. Check local BLM maps of the region, I bet some of it is state owned land and they usually treat it like BLM land.
>>
>>35029382
I shoot the trash already there and store brand sodas. The place in NY I go to is surprisingly based, though one guy tried calling Homeland Security because "too many people were shooting" there.
>>
>not just driving around town finding semi secluded spots to shoot in, magdumping at rocks and bottles laying around and then peeling out before the cops come

Its like you guys dont even want to train for shooting in a high stress situation
>>
File: 1504199463355.gif (2MB, 299x224px) Image search: [Google]
1504199463355.gif
2MB, 299x224px
>>35030564
This was published in 2010 and is no longer up to date.

.t arizona fag
>>
>>35031387
Shit
I'm in Arizona
>>
fruit is a good target because it just rots and you dont have to clean it up
it really bothers me when people bring their old computer out to shoot and just leave the mess behind
>>
>>35029633
This, your trash, your targets, and if you're feeling nice any other trash that's there. A lot of places near me have been shut down due to litter.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.