[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unconventional Self-defense thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6

File: JTO1MZx.jpg (28KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
JTO1MZx.jpg
28KB, 640x480px
Hello /k/, I am a soon to be college student and, as a result, cannot tale any of my funs with me. The college itself says no knives or firearms anywhere near campus. What can I get to protect myself?
>>
Knives and firearms, of course.

It'll only be a problem if you have to use them.
>>
>>35027110
The school does regular inspections of the dorms. I can't do any midnight gardening either.
>>
>>35027091
Escrima stick, utility knife, etc.. anything inconspicuous or with another purpose other than defense.
>>
>>35027126
>The school does regular inspections of the dorms

*knockknockknock*
RA: "Hey, are you dipshits doing anything so flagrantly I might catch blame if you're caught?"
You: "Nope."
RA: "Alright. Good talk."
>>
>>35027162
It's a little more than that. They go into the room and inspect the whole thing. They call it a white glove inspection.
>>
>>35027184
Get a box and write "Dragon dildos and cum lube" on the side, put guns in with your Dragon dildos and cum lube.
>>
>>35027184
They may claim that, but unless you're going somewhere like BYU, the RAs don't like the rules any more than you do. What they like the free room, and what they don't like is you endangering it.
>>
>needing to defend myself in a college dorm
You're full blown weaponized autistic
>>
>>35027091
Get a roll of pennies my dude.
>>
>>35027091
Pepper spray and any part of your body that can break a bone
>>
>>35027091
sword cane, weighted walking stick, hiking staff, chain whip, taser, shock baton, stun gun, high power pellet pistol, pistol crossbow...

Look into the school's definition of "Firearm" if they use the same definition the law does, then black powder weapons are good to go (ATF does not consider BP weapons that do not or cannot be converted to accept cartridges a firearm). Also (I know shit about airsoft) if you can mod an airsoft gun to max out it's firing pressure, you could load one with BBs and actually fuck someone up (also not legally a firearm).

Go in to administration and change your religion to "Sikhism". Sikhs are required by their religion to carry a sword (though most of the time they just carry a knife) at all times. Or convert to whatever gods the Ghurkas follow and claim religious exemption to carry a kukuri. If anyone bitches, look them straight in the face and ask "Did you just assume my ethnicity?"
>>
>>35027254
Go back to /pol/
>>
>>35027319
If you're that worried about getting attacked in the dorms, then don't live in the dorms.
>>
>>35027209
Reminds me of the "your move Mr lawman" greentext
>>
>>35027184
RACIST
>>
>>35027246
It is one of those schools.
>>
>>35027408
Then get a box with a lock on it, or don't pack heat where you're not supposed to
>>
>>35027332
I just don't like the feeling of being defenseless in case of emergencies.
>>
>>35027423
Then don't go to school or don't live in the dorms. They are not a place for guns unless you can secure them in a container only you can access
>>
>>35027313
The school I am going to is for one group and one group mostly.The majority of students, about 98%, have the same faith. I can't do that.
>>
>>35027436
I'm in the off-campus housing. Even then the off-campus housing has to be approved by the school and is checked by the school.
>>
>>35027457
Where is your faith in God? Surely He will protect you in His house.
>>
>>35027470
Then buy a gun and a safe. But if you can't trust 6000 other Mormons, you need to reconsider your societal views.
>>
>>35027481
all the prayer in the world won't stop Tyrese from breaking into a white area to steal something.
>>
>>35027519
If your Lord can't stop the BBC, perhaps you're worshiping the wrong thing.
>>
File: MagLite 3 D cell Flashlight.jpg (7KB, 300x270px) Image search: [Google]
MagLite 3 D cell Flashlight.jpg
7KB, 300x270px
This humble light delivery apparatus
>>
>>35027658
This.
Stealth mode.
>>
>>35027457
Why in the fuck would you go there then?
>>
I saw a thread like this and someone suggested one of those hammer things you keep in your car to break your window if you drive into a lake or what have you. Seemed like a pretty good idea. They can probably fuck you if you have something like a baseball bat and it's clear you have it to use as a weapon and not to play baseball, but you have a reasonable excuse for having the window smasher.
>>
>>35027470
Dude that's fucking bullshit. How in the hell is that legal?
>>
>>35027091

Muzzle loaders are not firearms by federal law. Most states agree on this.
>>
>>35027209
your RA could be anyone, it could be me. i see that shit and ill be going "oh nice, what model you got in th-THESE ARNT DRAGON DILDOS" and do that little fingerwag
>>
>>35028033
any smart schools going to include explosives and dangerous materials. argue its not a gun and they will point at a little line of text on the agreement that covers one part of it. hell, even just "firearm like devices" completely up to their own interpretation
>>
>>35028108

Then it would be worthwhile to check then wouldn't it? Also I'm quite sure that black powder is a propellant, not an explosive :^)
>>
>>35028121
not according to them. itll be under "dangerous materials", and youll argue its a propellant, annnnnd theyll point to dangerous materials.

its a school, bruh. every and any possible work around has had some asshole student push it to "stick it to the man", and you bet your ass theyve had lawyers pour over these documents to make sure they can eject anyone they want for almost anything.
>>
>>35027184
Wtf are unis communist in the states?
>>
>>35028183
First day on the internet?
>>
>>35028206
No, but I never heard of full searches of dorms. That's unacceptable in eastern Europe and we actually were commies
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1306x979px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1306x979px
>>35028220
Well you know how it is. Gotta make sure people don't do another columbine. After all, it's a long process choreographing a shooting, and you can only modify the appearance of a crisis actor so many times before people wise up.

>>35027184
Then get smart about hiding it.
>>
Does it say anything about black powder cannons? Load grape shot and point it at the door.
>>
>>35028305
>hazardous materials
>>
>>35027457
Wait are you seriously going to BYU? How can they prohibit knives? Are there no people into clubs or hobbies that would benefit from a pocket knife? Sounds hard to believe.
>>
>>35027184
I dunno what your experience has been, by my RA's were pretty much "as long as you don't make any trouble for me, I don't give a shit". Searches were pretty much plain view shit.
>>
>>35028220
Private unis can do whatever they want, it's a private contract.

I assume public unis can do the same because "well the private unis can do it".

Americans are so cucked.
>>
>>35028391
Cooking knives? Forget hobbies, how do they eat?
>>
>>35028456
Presumably in a dining hall the university requires them to use.
>>
>>35028459
God I hate Mormons.
>>
>>35027658
a nice bashlight would do wonders
>>
>>35028448
>private places can do the same thing i reserve on my own land? what a bunch of cucks
>>
File: qsQZSBn.jpg (90KB, 960x585px) Image search: [Google]
qsQZSBn.jpg
90KB, 960x585px
>>35028276
>be me
>in a rush to get to church
>grab my scriptures
>get there and realize I brought the wrong book
>mfw
>>
>>35027313
>>35028391
Op should get an air rifle and then max out the co2 on that thing

ALso its so fucked up that guns are treated with such scorn, its a hobby/sport like any other

why is fencing allowed and martial arts but not a rifle team? I dont even care if its heavily managed and they can only use air rifles and cant carry them willy nilly
give the kids SOME kind of bone
>>
>>35029712
See I would like to get an air rifle but if some gun grabber from commiefornia is my roommate and sees it then I'm fucked.
>>
>>35028465
Its not mormons. Its the hardline liberals.
He should come over to utah state university eastern. We are allowed funs here
>>
>>35029756
Yes but tuition is cheaper where I am going than UU.
>>
File: 1503348645873.png (228KB, 317x451px) Image search: [Google]
1503348645873.png
228KB, 317x451px
>>35029783
Ah there is some sort of fuckery here. Your tuiton is funded by the LDS tithing funds, thus why you pay so little. So in short you are there on a scholorship from the LDS. I would follow the rules if i were you since a lot of the money is already paid for. If you want a gun then just keep it locked up in the trunk of your car, or under the floormats and tell NO ONE about it. Or i dunno if they have a surrender policy like our campus does where the police can store them
>>
>>35027658
This

Or use things that you could pass off as tools, like a box knife, sharpened screwdriver, aerosol can with something caustic inside

...aerosol can with something flammable and a cigarette lighter, you may lose some hair on your fingers but it's better than nothing
>>
>>35028028
And they tell you Mormons aren't a cult.
>>
>>35027091
Bear spray.
>>
File: 1500686772560.jpg (77KB, 927x380px) Image search: [Google]
1500686772560.jpg
77KB, 927x380px
>>35028028
They own the property
If they want that thing locked down tighter than fort knox. They can
>>
>>35028377
>Fug
>>
>>35027091
By the ATF's own definition, aren't pepperboxes automatic weapons?

> Firing more than one round through a single action of the trigger.

...or some such.
>>
>>35028028
You accept tje conditions when you apply and/ or are accepted.
>>
>>35028132
>pour over
It's "pore over", you noncollegiate mouthbreather.
>>
>>35027313
>>35028033

Enough with this meme aready! For most purposes, BP guns ARE firearms!

They are just specifically exempt from the NFA, GCA and a lot of state laws, just like CARTRIDGE guns made before 1898.

Laws that cover carrying of firearms generally include BP. If you are prohibited from owning a firearm for whatever reason, that includes BP and antiques. People have gone to prison over that misunderstanding.
>>
>>35027091
I had a friend in college who carried LSD in a water-gun. Actually saw him use it on a guy too, went straight for the eyes. We ran before we could really tell what the damage was but it definitely stopped the guy in his tracks. He was down on his knees saying he couldn't see.
>>
>>35031619
what would that make a shotgun, of which a pepperbox basically is dipshit?
>>
>>35031619
VOLLEY FIRE
>>
>>35031739
>>35030868
But I would expect there to be some degree of privacy even there. I don't own my apartment but the people who do can't come in and search it for things they don't like.
>>
>>35028220
It depends on the university. Some of the religious ones get really anal about drugs alcohol and firearms. The one I'm at is a party school and things are way more chill. We do have room inspections, but nobody's gonna ransack your shit. It's mainly just to make sure you don't have anything liable to burn the dorm down or shit like that.
>>
>>35027658
Ye Olde Robberclocker
>>
1. buy metal fidget spinner. make sure it has bearings in the 3 arms and that they are removable
2. Saw the arms off so that you have 3 pieces
3. sharpen points which used to connect to form center circle
4. put on fingers like rings
5. sharp brass knuckles
>>
>>35028024
Lawyer once told me that if I keep a bat in my truck, I should also keep a baseball and glove too.
>>
>>35030350
None of that shit would pass, young 'un.
>>
>>35031619
Pepperbox is basically just a cylinder of a revolver, dumbass. It's only supposed to fire once per trigger pull. How fucking stupid are you?
>>
>>35028377
Compressed air cannons. Punkin Chunkin has an entire class specifically for compressed gas siege engines. YouTube has dozens of vids about people making 1.5" compressed air sniper rifles that shoot potatoes and and shit.
>>
>>35027481
>He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”
>>
>>35031619
Only counts if it accepts or can be converted to accept cartridge ammo.
>>
>>35032185
Cartige firearms built before 1898 are considered firearms by the ATF IIRC.
>>
Baseball bat. Just say you play rec sports
>>
>>35027470
Lol
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.