[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SCCY thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 6345634573.png (1MB, 1037x692px) Image search: [Google]
6345634573.png
1MB, 1037x692px
>SCCY pistols are still only $199.99

Help me out here /k/. Is it worth just to have another back up pistol lying around the house? Is it reliable enough to conceal carry?
>>
>>35027072
Only one I've ever shot refused to chamber a new round. It ejected the other round just fine. Threw brass plenty far enough. It just would never chamber a new round unless manually cycled and even then it jammed half the time.
As far as range toys go, knock yourself out. I would never keep it around the house for any purpose though because that implies it might at some point be used around the house and you're better off with a knife in that scenario because at least if you have a failure to stab, it's because you were just out-skilled.
>>
>>35027112
Well that is disappointing. Reviews keep going from 3000rd no failures to fucked out of the box. Only thing making me even considering it is life time warranty.
>>
>>35027112
Were you feeding it hollow points?
>>
>>35027889
Nope. 115 Grain Federal FMJ. It was running fine in a 320, 938, and a P-07 but for some reason this thing refused to chamber. I broke it down and looked at it and nothing stood out as being broken or anything. The recoil spring and slide were all moving pretty smoothly.
It ended up going in for warranty but I haven't asked my friend how it's shooting since he got it back.
>>
>>35028872
Been researching this feed failure. Seems it has to do with their magazine springs being too damn strong. Pinning the cartridge so hard it cannot spring back into battery.
>>
>>35027072
You'll probably need to shoot it a lot so you can be sure it works. If it doesn't (its likely it won't) there is at least a very good warranty for them. Definitely not reliable enough to carry.

The only reason I would consider sccy is because they're the only manufacturer I know of that's making a 10 round .380 pistiol the size of their cpx-3.
>>
Also the atf and fbi are keeping greater scrutiny on those who purchase these as they are now replacing hi points for cheap guns used in crimes. Id avoid them, if you don't like being wrongly on a registry alongside criminal suspects that is.
>>
>>35029157
Kek. Subtle yet infuriating, I like fresh bait in the morning to go with my eggs
>>
>>35028881
That sounds like a pretty likely culprit. Lots of perfectly good guns get a bad rap because of shit magazines
>>
>>35029157
fake news. don't buy two handguns, of any brand(s), at the same time if you don't want your info & serials sent to local LEO and the ATF.
>>
>>35027748
...If you end up buying one of the shit ones out of the box, can you not just use the warranty to get it turned into one of the tanks?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.