[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have often heard Americans criticize Canada for not having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

I have often heard Americans criticize Canada for not having a bigger military, and supposedly relying on the US to defend it's borders.

But no one ever says WHO we are defending against. Russia is hardly a threat with the single Bear that manages to make it off the ground and somehow to the coast of the North West Territorys once a year. North Korea is a long way away and hardly knows we exist, they might hit northern BC if their missile overshoots Alaska.

The biggest threat I can think of is the USA, in which case the canadian military is pretty much fucked no matter how many f35s we have.

so why really have a military at all?
>>
>>35026190
You took a beach on D-Day. Don't be a self hating pussy.
>>
The northwest passage bud were gonna need a larger air force and navy to handle that. Russia will definitely fuck with that.
>>
>>35026190
sure is /pol/ around here.
>>
>>35026190
Canada has NATO and NORAD obligations.
>>
>>35026190
You need a bigger military in case Alaska gets drunk and wants to hit you.
>>
>>35026190
To fulfill our legal obligations to Nato. And Trumps right, we've been slacking off (thanks to Trudeau senior & successive govts) we need to buck up and do our share of the load.

Also sovereignty patrols. The Russian bear, the Danes, & couple of others are laying claim to our arctic region.
>>
>watching modern marvels
>it says the united states military spends more on corrosion prevention than canada spends on its entire military
>kek loudly
>>
>>35026190
>Writing sorry on the brass
Are they apologizing for burning the ground?
>Writing sorry on a green tip
It's not like you will hurt anyone with that.
>>
>>35026992
>believing anything that comes out of History Channel
>ever
>>
>>35027151
So Nazis never existed?
>>
File: 1438068219407.jpg (48KB, 322x471px) Image search: [Google]
1438068219407.jpg
48KB, 322x471px
>>35027335
No
That's what (((they))) want you to believe
>>
>>35026190
They might have numbers and technological superiority but Canadians are smarter in general in terms of variety in knowledge.
>be me
>combat engineer in the CF
>go on divisional exercise with Brits, Americans and a few Aussies
>doing joint defensive and offensive company level attacks
>augment by supplying a few LAVs and shit
>finally get to chill with some bugers to trade kit and stuff
>start talking about trade requirements for engineers
>my trades course involved: tools, demolitions, search, bridging, watermanship, mine warfare, obstacle construction, road maintenance, defensive construction and some geomatics
>ameribros think we're SF because they hammer pins in on bridges and that's it

tl;dr they get one specialty and they stick with it by the sounds of it. So yeah they may have more shit but we are good for augmenting larger forces because we're smarter. Stop being some kind of defeatist faggot
>>
>>35027380
Having a broader spectrum of tasks because of inherently less specialized roles doesn't necessarily mean smarter, dude.
And before you get mad I'm canadian too.
>>
>>35027348
>notices bulge
OwO
Whats this
>>
>>35027433
I don't know man, there were a few tests with a passing grade of 100%, and about 40% washed out by the end of mod 5 (week 8 of 16)
>>
>>35027485
Still says absolutely jack shit about how military members as a whole.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.