[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life choices

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0858.jpg (452KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0858.jpg
452KB, 1024x680px
I am in the midst of a 1/3 life crisis /k/. I am 30 years old and since graduating from college 8 years ago I have worked as a health care consultant for a international corporation. I make $120k/yr plus bonuses and I absolutely hate it. I am at the point that I need to make a change because I can't fathom doing this for another 5 years, let alone 30+. I have always had an interest in law enforcement, am I crazy for thinking of going back to school and working towards becoming a LEO? I don't care about the money, I want purposeful work that I can feel good about. Are there any LEOs on /k/? Any advice/opinions are appreciated.
>>
If you don't have prior military service you'll be pushed to the back of the job application line
>>
>>35025446
I'm a little worried about this. Do you think this will be the case even if I have the proper education? I know that I interview well and I have some connections inside the LEO community. That has to count for something right?
>>
>>35025446
Depends where you apply, in jew york sure, but some smaller city of like 200k they'll have a hard time finding enough clean people that can pass bg check to fill out a cadet class.
>>
>>35025480
I live in the mid west. City of 120k.
>>
start a family, that will give you all the purpose you need. and making 120k will take very good care of them.
>>
>>35025558
I have a wife and two kids. My wife is a NP who makes as much as I do. Coming from someone who lives pretty comfortably, money isn't everything.
>>
>>35025558
I literally spend everyday figuring out ways to fuck over people who live pay check to pay check. It's horrible.
>>
>>35025388
Whatever purpose or fulfillment you seek, you'll not find it in law enforcement. This I promise.
>>
Buy lots of funs and shoot them in your spare time retard. With your attitude you will hate any job you get so stick with the one where youre making good money. Some people here would suck cock everyday for a 120k salary.
>>
>>35025640
Sucking cock every day for 120k a year would be preferable to working in law enforcement.
>>
>>35025640
>>35025661
You guys have never worked in healthcare
>>
>>35025618
What makes you say that? Genuinely curious.
>>
>>35025582
Your wife pulls 6 figures too? Then quit and do whatever the fuck you wanna do.
>>
>>35025685
Why not stay in the industry, but switch sides? Join an NGO like msf, red cross, etc.
>>
File: dragging-animal.jpg (128KB, 800x592px) Image search: [Google]
dragging-animal.jpg
128KB, 800x592px
>>35025388
>am I crazy for thinking of going back to school and working towards becoming a LEO?
Yes. You don't need a degree. I applied to your pic related and all the require is a 2yr degree or an honorable discharge. I'd get started NOW if you want to work in a big city. Chicago is having another exam in Dec because nobody really showed for the last few and they're going through their applicant pool quickly. Tbh if you don't want to get into the shit, check out some smaller Sheriffs Departments, buddy is a deputy and he loves the work and county he works in.
>>
>>35025582
that's exactly my point but thanks for repeating it I guess.
>>35025592
well that does suck but you're essentially doing the same thing as a cop. you could find something that pays well where you won't get called a pig
>>
>>35025697
Dealing with the dregs of humanity day in and day out grinds you down. You think you'll be helping people and it will feel rewarding, but everyone you see will resent you and shun any help, lie to you, and partake in any number of other shit bag behaviors. It'll darken the way you deal with anyone, even outside of work, and eventually you'll end up associating with only other cops, and with cops being a manifestly fucked up group of people, this will drive you into a feedback loop that will just reinforce your deteriorating outlook on other people. God help you if you get assigned to computer crimes investigations. You have no idea how utterly fucking disgusting people are.
>>
>>35025796
Also you'll spend your days thinking of ways to fuck over people who live paycheck to paycheck...or welfare check to welfare check, usually. But this time they'll all deserve it.
>>
>>35025685
You're a retard
t. Clinical Pharmacist
>>
>>35025388
>he thinks he's going to live to 90
lel
>>
>>35025893
How is a clinical pharmacist any different than a regular pharmacist?
>>
>>35025388
Why don't you man up, keep your well paying job, and take care of your family instead of being a fucking idiot playing hero? You left your life of selfish thrill seeking behind the day you got married and confirmed you left that shit behind even more when you had kids. You have bigger priorities now than throwing away a career for your "interests"Don't be a bitch.
>>
>>35025592
Being a cop suppressing the working class isn't better.
>>
>>35025978
Where do your meds come from when you stay at a hospital?
>>
>>35025480
In NY, if you turn 30 before tomorrow you're flat out barred from becoming a trooper unless you have military service credits.
>>
>>35026073
From a pharmacist...the same kind that works at Walmart. Don't get me wrong, it's a very respectable career (kind of), but putting clinical in front of it just makes you seem like you're trying to hard to impress.
>>
>>35026058
Fuck off commie
>>
File: 1497648198024.jpg (302KB, 906x647px) Image search: [Google]
1497648198024.jpg
302KB, 906x647px
>>35025982
ok, dad
>>
>>35026121
Thank goodness I don't live there. I was in manhattan all of last week though.
>>
>>35025388
Law enforcement isn't fulfilling, it's the same as municipal waste management except instead of dealing with toxic human waste, you're dealing with toxic human waste.
The only reason (some) people think it's fulfilling is it's filled with petty, egotistical, domineering high school, educated cunts who love to tout their own heroism.
I don't "hate the police" or whatever the dogmatic responses will say; that's just the type of person contemporary American police culture attracts.

Maybe you should get a therapist and work thru your emotions instead of acting on your ill contrived impulse to join a career that seems neat in that show you watch Thursday at 8.

>>35025592
Then transition to a different career or position where you're not doing that. Probably the only reason you make so much is it's hard for them to fill a position that makes people feel like shit.
America has forgotten in the past 30 or whatever years is there's legitimate reasons not to do immoral shit, highest among them being it makes you feel like shit.
American healthcare has more money in it than Germany. Find a different job. Christ.
>>
>>35026139
>Hi I wanna do dumb shit
>How about you don't do dumb shit
>Fuck you you're not my dad I do what I want
This person is raising a child.
>>
>>35026125
The left own guns too you reactionary fuck
>>
>>35025753
>check out some smaller Sheriffs Departments, buddy is a deputy and he loves the work and county he works in.
Can confirm, work for a small town and it's much chiller than working in a city.

>>35026140
>I was in manhattan all of last week though.
I'm sorry, anon.
>>
>>35026279
rather poignant
>>
>>35026298
Which one of the greasy smelly niggers in the Arizona John Brown gun club pictures are you?
>>
>>35026279
OP here. Not the person who responded with the sarcastic "ok dad". And my wife and I have 2 kids.
>>
>>35026310
Nice.
>>
>>35026310
You triggered? Need a safe space so the commies don't offend you?
>>
>>35026258
true true. Being a cop has a high chance of F up your family relationship, makes you toxis. due to dealing with all the scum, makes you feel like the city your family lives is filled with scum
>>
>>35026420
I care more that Sanders' suit against the DNC got tossed because the DNC argued they don't have to follow their own bylaws.
>>
Go try out fire fighter. Or join a peacfe corp for a year.
>>
File: Good-Fellas-Hilarious.jpg (191KB, 1600x1150px) Image search: [Google]
Good-Fellas-Hilarious.jpg
191KB, 1600x1150px
>>35026370
Critical hit! Seriously, which one are you?
>>
>>35026492
>Go try out fire fighter
Good luck getting hired. I'd gone FD before PD but nobody is hiring. Plus they don't hire FF/EMT it's pretty much all FF/PARAMEDIC
>>
>>35025388
>going back to school
>becoming a LEO

lawl
>>
>>35026556
You're adorable.
>>
>>35026058
>welfare niggers
>working class

O I am laffin
>>
>>35025388
Obviously money is your problem. If you want I can take this problem from you. It's only once you've lost everything that you're free to do everything you want.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_JdwLZlxTFA
Firefighter vs. Police
>>
>>35025446
This is absolutely not true. My 45 year old dad was layed off from teaching, and made it all the way to becoming an officer without any military or LE experience. It's about your skill set, not your background. This was in a city of about 200k.
>>
>>35025388
Don't do it. It fucking sucks and it wears on you, physically and mentally. Too much for me to go into detail about because I gotta wake up at 3am for another 10 hour shift with possibility (probability) of holdover...

It's also not something you need to go back to school for. It's a 50k a year job lol.
>>
>>35025388
I want to be a cop so I can get paid to drive around all day and not do jack shit. Of course no one is ever going to know that outside of my family lmao
>>
>>35025388
>1/3rd life crisis
>30 yrs old

Why do people think they're gonna live to be 100? Most people fucking don't.

You have less time than you think you do. Don't fucking waste it being unhappy.
>>
>>35025685
Id actually suck dick for that much a year, not even joking.

t. med surg nurse in the fucking army
>>
File: 1498178407363.png (425KB, 584x329px) Image search: [Google]
1498178407363.png
425KB, 584x329px
>>35025388
>>35025582
Hey op, Kill yourself. Straight up. Kill yourself, Your dead in the end anyway

>>35025640
>>35025618
LEO sucks. Flat out sucks. Do you wana wrestle fat smelly niggers all day who dont respect you at all, and then spit on you. Be a LEO its a good time, also you work from 8pm to 5am then 12am to 12pm this weekend so have fun.

>>35025701
Be a house husband, let her fuck big black guys.

>>35025796
Also to add.. EVERYONE fucking hates cops... Fuck cops, i know many, since im a fucking cop, I fucking hate cops, 90% are cock bags and lie on after contact reports and shit and fuck up writing tickets even tho its basically copy and paste from the screen to the paper

>>35025982
More or less this... The world sucks, we are all unhappy and hate it. Act accordingly

>>35026471
ALL city are filled with scum, from the highest highrise to the lowest gutter. Fuck LA, NY, Chic, bos, miami , seattle in particular

>>35026613
This
Generally its a 1 to 5 , FF to CP ratio per city.

>>35027214
Because new age millins are now growing up and realizing the world not glitter and gold
Cmon this dude makes 120k a year and isnt happy.. and if ur wife is clearing that thats a family income of 240k yr.
if 240k yr you cant use to find happyness, kill yourself, simply put.. kill yourself.. we dont need ya around anyway.
Being a pussy breeds more pussys

TL:DR
>Being a cop sucks
>Op should consider suicide
>Op should consider hes a man now
>Life sucks for everyone, smile anyway
>KYS?

pic related.
>>
>>35026804
Love the nuance
>>
go for it.
30 is still plenty young to change it up, and you didn't mention any family you need to support or resettle with.
And I am guessing you got some money tucked away for emergency/savings.

Fucking do it.
>>
>>35025978
Clinical pharmacists work closely as part of a health care team to create the best drug plan tailored to the patient. They'll look at prescriptions, effectiveness, and try to find the best possible drugs and dosages for that patient. They can take part of a doctor's workload at an appreciably lower cost to the institution.
>>
>>35025466
Couldn't hurt!

I'm in a similar situation I already had the schooling I just never went into LE.
I was willing to settle for jailer at the sheriffs office just to get in the door but I didn't get it.

Best of luck op!
>>
>>35025388
if what you're saying is true, which I really doubt, the biggest question is going to be if you'll actually stay in the field long enough to be useful to any agency that's willing to hire you.

you'll take a huge pay cut, the hours are going to suck, it's going to be hard, really hard. on top of this you could possibly be killed or become the next racist cop who had to shoot someone because of the predicament they put themselves in.

chances are you wont make it through the background process, especially considered you're asking for advice on a weapons board where most people are just larps
>>
>>35025388
>1/3 life crisis /k/. I am 30 years old
kek
implying you'll live to see 90
>>
>>35025388
Congratulations. You made a life choice to be a pussy and it's full of pussy shit. Suck it up and enjoy the fact you make decent money.
>>
>>35025388
>waaaahh I make 120k and my life has no meaning.
fuck you, you prick.
your purpose in life is to reproduce and advance the species.
stack paper in order to produce an advantage for your offspring. find an intelligent female and put babies in her vag. if you're ghey, make sure she is ok being your beard, and use artificial insemination. ADVANCE THE FUCKING SPECIES!!!!
you want more meaning out of life, volunteer at a charity.
You are more valuable to society now than you can ever be as a cop. Wealth, even when used selfishly, is more necessary to a republic than police, and can do more good.
You think you aren't happy now? Try being poor. Try having to tell your wife, "sorry babe, we can't afford it," for the next thirty years. have fun while she cheats on you with higher status men who didnt make monumentally retarded decisions like leaving a 120k job to become a welfare queen.
>>
File: 1499940564969.gif (967KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
1499940564969.gif
967KB, 245x180px
>>35025388
> 1/3 life crisis
>30 years old
that is overly optimistic of you OP.
>>
>>35027340
^^^^ THIS FAGGOT GETS IT!!!

OP you're a man now. grow the fuck up.
>>
>>35025388
Don't do it. This is coming from a GA Sheriffs Deputy.

If you like micromanaging people, trying to fix their life long problems in 10 minutes, listening to why so and so thought that their dispute over coupons was a good reason to call 911 and get law enforcement involved, then maybe it's a good field for you. Did I mention the pay? Cause it's pretty fucking pitiful for all the work you're expected to do.

I'm only still in it until I go to detectives. I'm sure after a couple of years of that, I'll be fucking done with this whole profession.

The only joy I get at work now is days where no one in my sector calls and I don't get sent to anything.

Did I mention court? You'll be going to court on your off days, when you're supposed to be asleep from working a 12 hr shift last night. Drivers will fight the stupidest tickets just to inconvenience your life, because you're the asshole who gave them a citation for THEIR mistakes.

Hope you don't have to shoot anyone, cause CNN will eat you alive and you're department will throw you under the bus the first chance they get. Cheaper for them that way.
>>
>>35027340
This guy is right.

There's so many ways to make a contribution to society other than becoming a fucking cop.

Become a dentist and give the gift of shiny teeth to society. Still more contribution than a cop.
>>
>>35025388

What you are seeing in this thread is a lot more a shilling technique known as "blackpilling", saying fucked up shit to demoralize you. Ever since the April Fool's hack that hit here and mason chan, I've seen an uptick in attention paid to /k/ by shills, they have finally recognized our power.

Anywho, no need to worry about feeling down on modern careers, nearly all major corporations are in the hands of shitbag Hebrews hell bent on destroying honest working white people, and your jobs as corporate white people reflect this. I got sick of this myself and left law school to go another route. I now make 120+k per year doing odd jobs like Uber, buying and selling in Craigslist and eBay, and sharpening knives.

I'm always inventing some widget or thinking of a business idea, and it is my future to take shots at owning companies that I may employ whites to do honest labor. You can do something similar if you like, just think like an "honest Aryan" and go for it. You can even stay at your job to make seed money until one business idea catches.
>>
>>35028558
Except you're clearly 14 and need to get back to /pol/.
>>
>>35028558

I should add, as to the law enforcement question, it unfortunately is a corporate job, and the corporation you are working for is the freemason/Jewish, local/federal government. It will be shit, the only people I see happy with their cop job in my town are the diversity hires who hate whites and don't mind giving them tickets, or are women and will literally just suck dick (even the dykes will do this) if they need something done, likely by a white guy.
>>
>>35028566

Oh dear, it's the matzoh eaters. What are you waiting for Muslim "bro" to wake up to give you your daily dose?
>>
>>35028558
We totally believe you kid. I'll see you in a week.

t. Lunch Lady at your school cafeteria
>>
>>35025388

spend some of your $$ on a professional career counselor take all those tests & see what they say

i seriously doubt you are mentally & emotionally capable of jumping from corporate job to police work regardless of whether you've "wanted to" or not

then spend $$ on psychological counseling and find out really why you don't like your high-paying current job - is it the people ? the company ? the travel ? the actual work itself ? do you have a health problem ?

see ?
>>
>>35025446
>>35025466
I know a 26 year old girl who never in her life had a job who got knocked up 3 times from 18 who became a cop for a vanity job, whereas I didnt make it despite being 89D

Military Service dont mean shit
>>
File: 1497521154507.png (104KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
1497521154507.png
104KB, 500x566px
>>35025388
>implying you'll live to see your 90th year
>implying anything past 60 is worth living
>implying years when your dick don't work and you can't shoot straight counts as living
>>
>>35025582
>Coming from someone who lives pretty comfortably, money isn't everything.
Shut up.
>>
>>35025388
I'm considering going into law enforcement but Im waiting til I pay off my credit card debt(which is happening, it's not some milestone that I set to make an excuse to not do it). I live in a city with a population of about 20k and I really want to do it 1.because I enjoy being hated, 2 I want to protect people and 3. Getting paid to shoot black people sounds like a good time.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.