[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Concealable Revolvers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4141.jpg (59KB, 640x945px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4141.jpg
59KB, 640x945px
Sup /k/, long time no post. They are having a 2nd Amendment tax free weekend in my state and we are getting a concealed revolver for my mom. Is pic related the absolute best pick in terms of revolvers, even among other Smith & Wessons? I'm pretty set on this one but go ahead and try to change my mind if you think there's a better option.
>>
>>35024442
The airweight is great. Don't let rugerfags steer you wrong.
>>
bumping thread. my mexican-chinese mixed girlfriend wants to start carrying and i told her she should get a revolver.
>>
>>35024442
get the Performance Center version
>>
File: 5401.jpg (28KB, 475x352px) Image search: [Google]
5401.jpg
28KB, 475x352px
>>35024442
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/689437549
>>
>>35024442
Airweights are fine if you've decided on a revolver. The Sp101 might be considerable if if recoils a little stiffer than liked and weight isn't a crucial issue.

Of course if this is a belt gun instead of a pocket gun then a light weight single stack 9mm might be worth considering.
>>
>>35024473
Well you gotta post a pic now, I like my ethnic mixies.
>>
>>35024465
This
>only recommendation is to get one with a shrouded hammer
>>
Airweights are great. It's been my grandfather's go to gun as far back as I can remember. Very lady friendly. Getting one for my fiancée. She's not much for shooting guns but she liked that one enough to want it for her night stand and maybe a ccw. Shes small and struggles with the slides even on .380s. The crimson trace lasers that they put in the grips are solid too. Once saw my grandfather draw and headshot a snake in about a second and a half in the middle of the night, so they can do work in competent hands.
>>
don't get one with an exposed hammer for CC. that's stupid. get the 642 or whatever it is.
t. 637 owner who ground down the exposed hammer
>>
>>35024565
Also a good point. Less chance of snags.

>>35024606
The airweight points so goddamn well. I've practiced point shooting with it and you will easily be able to hit most things you react to. It feels like pointing a finger. That's why I liked it so much that I bought one and carry it every day.
>>
>>35024491
LCR was honestly my second choice.
>>
File: DSC_8626.jpg (301KB, 1536x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_8626.jpg
301KB, 1536x1024px
I went with the 638. No snags but still gives you an SA option the 642 and LCR lack.
>>
>>35024473
>>35024557

I went on a few dates with a Mexican/Filipino woman. Her face was a little goofy but she had a crazy curvy body and F-cup tits despite being a half-marathon runner. Best body I've ever seen.

Too bad she had massive physical intimacy issues and will probably die a virgin.
>>
File: Chiappa Rhino.jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
Chiappa Rhino.jpg
9KB, 275x183px
>>35024442
I would Highly recommend the Chiappa Rhino, especially the one with the 2 inch barrel, works great for concealed carry.
>>
>>35024442
J-Frames are the most difficult and unpleasant pistols to shoot, pair this with an unskilled shooter and there is a guarantee they will not look foward to practicing with it. They make great backup guns for entanglements but they are absolutely poor choices for a primary gun.

The 442 and 642 are the two go-to choices for a .38 J-Frame because they do not have exposed hammers.

Luckygunner's website has a very good amount of info on this type of subject that concerns conceal carry and revolver selection. This is if you actually do give a shit about giving your loved ones legit and well thought out solutions to conceal carry.
>>
>>35025645
>J-Frames are the most difficult and unpleasant pistols to shoot, pair this with an unskilled shooter and there is a guarantee they will not look foward to practicing with it.

I believed this meme until I fired mine. Not a big deal. I wouldn't want to run a 500-round 2-gun match with it but it's fine to shoot.
>>
>>35025726
>I believed this meme until I fired mine. Not a big deal.

Shoot a bill drill and a multitude of other drills with it, compare it to a compact 9mm and see the difference.

Being able to shoot a gun well doesn't mean how much of the recoil you can muscle through, timers and target scoring comes into play.
>>
>>35025726
To some people with little experience, the smaller J-frames can be a little difficult or unpleasant to shoot.
That said, my 3" Model 60 is a dream to shoot. only with several consecutive cylinders of hot .357 mag is were it can become a little unpleasant.

My 442 is also not bad at all to shoot. I normally stick to my 125 grain or 165 Grain SWC +p handloads (which aren't anything really crazy).
>>
>>35025645
My mom is a decent shot. Not a total noob.
>>
File: hi.jpg (53KB, 960x947px) Image search: [Google]
hi.jpg
53KB, 960x947px
>>35024442
Get a S&W .500
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.